BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 70 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know what happened at the Syossett Shootout? Hearing about some shenanigans with a few clubs.

One of the 2023 Igloo coach decides to bring his travel team to play under the Huntington banner! But "they decided to leave early instead of play in the championship", some of the parents must of been worried about the traffic on the way back to Manhasset!

Stay classy!

I can say I'm surprised. Huntington is getting that rep. They did that a few times last year, too. I'm guessing it was the same guy. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I heard they were asked not to play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at the Syossett Shootout? Hearing about some shenanigans with a few clubs.

One of the 2023 Igloo coach decides to bring his travel team to play under the Huntington banner! But "they decided to leave early instead of play in the championship", some of the parents must of been worried about the traffic on the way back to Manhasset!

Stay classy!

I can say I'm surprised. Huntington is getting that rep. They did that a few times last year, too. I'm guessing it was the same guy. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I heard they were asked not to play.

I am a parent for the town and never heard of a 5th grade town travel team for Huntington. Something weird is going on if this is true. Is this the same team signed up for the Blatant town only tournament because none of the parents in Huntington know about who is entering under Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if Huntington doesn't have a 5th grade travel team who is registered at Blatant under Huntington?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if Huntington doesn't have a 5th grade travel team who is registered at Blatant under Huntington?

It's usually code for Igloos pickup team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be thrown out of Blatant tournament if this is true. It's in sportsmanship. Who is the coach who is teaching the kids to cheat??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HA HA very funny a pickup team of 5th graders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be thrown out of Blatant tournament if this is true. It's in sportsmanship. Who is the coach who is teaching the kids to cheat??

You have a good point. If the kids aren't from Huntington, they might not even be of correct age!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh it happens. My town is right next to Huntington and a few years ago, at SYO tournament, a fill in coach attempted to stack our team with studs from Huntington "so they could compete to win it". When he was told we cant do this its a town team tournament and we have kids that want to play who are available he promptly said he wouldn't coach the team if he didn't have a chance of winning and pulled his son...class act. Footnote: the true town team missed the playoffs due to points but had a great day and went 3-0... Some Dad's ego's wreck youth sports and kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its very simple. The majority of the teams listed play PAL. If they want this to be a true town tournament just ask for the PAL roster. If a few kids aren't on one because the team needed a few extra's to make a team then just be up front about it and explain why they are on the team. What happened in Syosset was embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been there don't that. I am not sure if there is a way to confirm anyones address. I know in my years, players of separated parents played on 2 different teams. Players who go to school in a certain town (catholic) play with the kids within the town the school is in not their hometown. Some have familiar ties to the coaches (Niece/Nephew) they put on these tournaments teams. Some have their son or daughter play for the town they grew up in because they still have ties to the parents home town. These players generally play with the team often.

These player have and will always push another player who is not as good off the team or onto a team that doesn't go to the "special Tournaments".

I am not sure if this is good or bad for the home town. The better players welcome them, the layers who got replaced never likes it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just get rid of town tournaments altogether and make divisions. Teams have been cheating for years and now coaches think it's ok to do it. Connetquot has been stacking their team, SYAG, Huntington, Commack, etc... have all been doing it too. And those are just the teams that bring in multiple players that I know about. A kid here or a kid there. It makes a difference. We've all seen how one kid can carry a town team. Move that kid to a team that already has a few good kids and they will dominate. I won't enter my team in any more town tourneys, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just get rid of town tournaments altogether and make divisions. Teams have been cheating for years and now coaches think it's ok to do it. Connetquot has been stacking their team, SYAG, Huntington, Commack, etc... have all been doing it too. And those are just the teams that bring in multiple players that I know about. A kid here or a kid there. It makes a difference. We've all seen how one kid can carry a town team. Move that kid to a team that already has a few good kids and they will dominate. I won't enter my team in any more town tourneys, that's for sure.

It is sad that coaches do this. What ever happened to town pride and developing from within. I guess winning a t-shirt is more important than a State Championship on the HS level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is sad that coaches do this. What ever happened to town pride and developing from within. I guess winning a t-shirt is more important than a State Championship on the HS level.

And what do the coaches get out of blowing out teams that they are supposed to blow out? It makes absolutely no sense. Get rid of the teams or get rid of the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a true loser move to enter outlaw/igloo/manhasset/ with a few express players thrown in and call it "Huntington" to beat town teams to a pulp. This is one of the slime bag daddy coaches from igloo that set this up. Real winner. Don't get rid of the tournament. Ban the jerk that cheated so blatantly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a true loser move to enter outlaw/igloo/manhasset/ with a few express players thrown in and call it "Huntington" to beat town teams to a pulp. This is one of the slime bag daddy coaches from igloo that set this up. Real winner. Don't get rid of the tournament. Ban the jerk that cheated so blatantly.

Great post. I couldn't agree with you more. I am trying to develop my kid with appropriate skill level, and then when this happens I see kids start to not enjoy the sport any longer because they feel they can't even compete on a town level. Shame on these coaches to not even have kids in their own town play with each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't discount the smarts of the players. These boys have been playing town and travel for a few years now. They know what town players live in. They play them in PAL games. some play on the same travel teams. They also know how old the boys are based on seeing them on fields and which grades they play with (PAL has always been age based). The lax world gets smaller as the boys get older. Cheating teams and players will start to be called out much more often. And let's not forget -- it's the parents who drive the boys to the tournament-- not the coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't discount the smarts of the players. These boys have been playing town and travel for a few years now. They know what town players live in. They play them in PAL games. some play on the same travel teams. They also know how old the boys are based on seeing them on fields and which grades they play with (PAL has always been age based). The lax world gets smaller as the boys get older. Cheating teams and players will start to be called out much more often. And let's not forget -- it's the parents who drive the boys to the tournament-- not the coaches.

The coaches organize the out of town kids together and got each one of them to participate. Some parents don't know what is going on behind the scenes. So while they drive their kids to a town tourney, they're thinking the town kids will be on the team, and not out of towners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they're losing a ton of sleep over this. This goes on all the time and am confident plenty of others did the same throughout the tournament. Take this over to the complaint forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they're losing a ton of sleep over this. This goes on all the time and am confident plenty of others did the same throughout the tournament. Take this over to the complaint forum.

That's the problem! They don't think twice about it. It still doesn't make it the right thing to do for the growth of the game. Some people out here care about the love of the game and not the chase of the t-shirt! Lacrosse has always been about sportsmanship and community. It's starting to lose that and more and more people are getting into for selfish reasons. Everyone worries about their kid and their kid only, it's the problem with our generation. It used to take a village to raise a child, now most parents are offended if you tell them that "Little Johnny" is being an idiot! The parents are the issue and the coaches that pull this "BS" are the ring leaders! Parents need to step back and thing is this the right lesson to teach my kid. Step up and be a parent and make the right decision, and yes sometimes that might be the hard decision!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the problem! They don't think twice about it. It still doesn't make it the right thing to do for the growth of the game. Some people out here care about the love of the game and not the chase of the t-shirt! Lacrosse has always been about sportsmanship and community. It's starting to lose that and more and more people are getting into for selfish reasons. Everyone worries about their kid and their kid only, it's the problem with our generation. It used to take a village to raise a child, now most parents are offended if you tell them that "Little Johnny" is being an idiot! The parents are the issue and the coaches that pull this "BS" are the ring leaders! Parents need to step back and thing is this the right lesson to teach my kid. Step up and be a parent and make the right decision, and yes sometimes that might be the hard decision!

Actually LI lacrosse used to be about creating tough as nails kids that college coaches loved to have and needed for their program to be successful. Those kids never complained and ran through walls for their programs. Now the coaches get entitled LI kids and parents that do nothing but complain. In not saying it's right what happens, but all you have to do is read this blog to understand where all that complaining comes from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, my friend, have had too many concussions and it prevents you from thinking clearly. Cheating to beat defenseless kids in a tournament DESIGNED for simple town teams does not equal toughness...its cowardly. Get an MRI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You, my friend, have had too many concussions and it prevents you from thinking clearly. Cheating to beat defenseless kids in a tournament DESIGNED for simple town teams does not equal toughness...its cowardly. Get an MRI.

I'm not saying it's right at all. Just pointing out this is just one of a dozen scenarios parents obsess about. Next it will be hold backs, daddy coaches, expensive clubs, early recruiting, HS doesn't play freshman or Sophs or coach plays favorites, money grab events,even playing time, cats and dogs living together. Accept nothing will ever be fair and get in the back yard and practice with your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truer words were never spoken.
Hop over to the 2024 Girls thread and read about these parents pumping their chests over 8 year old girls. SMH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only bigger loser than the lowlife who coached the Huntington team are the sheep that say "oh that's the way it is, there's no way to change it". Live your life that way it works well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you surprised? This is same guy who helped AA keep a now 6th grader on the igloo team last year. Once a cheat always a cheat. More surprised about the parents who let their kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you surprised? This is same guy who helped AA keep a now 6th grader on the igloo team last year. Once a cheat always a cheat. More surprised about the parents who let their kids play.

Is the 6th grader on the team now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the 6th grader on the team now?

There was at the Columbus Day tourney. They were a completely different team at Blatant without him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And parents that's why Igloo is banned from NLF and similar multi-team opportunities. Cheating just not accepted. Good luck with those showcase invites someday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And parents that's why Igloo is banned from NLF and similar multi-team opportunities. Cheating just not accepted. Good luck with those showcase invites someday.

So you're saying Igloo is banned and Crabs are not?? Legacy, Crush have several holdbacks as well. Including a kid blatantly in the grade above, not even bothering to reclass. It's ok for all of them bot not Igloo, C'MON! You can't be serious?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're saying Igloo is banned and Crabs are not?? Legacy, Crush have several holdbacks as well. Including a kid blatantly in the grade above, not even bothering to reclass. It's ok for all of them bot not Igloo, C'MON! You can't be serious?

Didn't Igloo coach enter under a town only tourney? Crabs didn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best kids should be invited to showcases not cause of what team your on, a lot of talented kids that are more deserving than some that were invited FACT!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo blatantly cheats, other programs may have reclassed kids but no kids out of grade. Igloo has tried to get in NLF and AA is not liked in those circles with Crabs, Laxachusetts,etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.
You must be new. There's a big difference in lacrosse between having holdbacks and having someone lie about their grade. Lots of teams have holdbacks. And that's within the rules, even if you don't like it. But you can't take a kid from an older grade regardless of his age. Some teams sometimes play age-based tournaments in which kids of different grades may participate. But that's not what Igloo did last year. Oh and by the way, its only one of the reasons why they got blackballed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.
You must be new. There's a big difference in lacrosse between having holdbacks and having someone lie about their grade. Lots of teams have holdbacks. And that's within the rules, even if you don't like it. But you can't take a kid from an older grade regardless of his age. Some teams sometimes play age-based tournaments in which kids of different grades may participate. But that's not what Igloo did last year. Oh and by the way, its only one of the reasons why they got blackballed.

I think you are the one new. If you knew anything, you would know that this is exactly what Legacy has done on one of their teams. Now go get on your fact checking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best kids should be invited to showcases not cause of what team your on, a lot of talented kids that are more deserving than some that were invited FACT!!
SO TRUE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger clubs don't want a club like Igloo to succeed, that is why they are blackballed. Not because AA isn't liked. The whole purpose of the NLF was to push smaller clubs out and put a monopoly on recruiting. If the NLF was truly about getting the nations best talent in from of the college coaches, then the NLF would invite the best talent. If Igloo or any other club has some of the best talent and is blackballed, then clearly the NLF would lose if it hasn't all ready lost its integrity.

Understand that college coaches could care less about NLF; what they care about is getting the best talent out there. And if Igloo or any other club is good, the college coaches are going to want to see them. So it really doesn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is not a new or original idea. These types off groups have existed for some time across the country. They look to invite programs that For years have shown they have good teams during the recruiting years. Igloo's first good team is 2021. Unfortunately they got in the business late to get those kids and probably 2022 and 2023 associated with any of these groups. Igloo has to show for a few years that they can retain good teams from 9th grade and up before they will be considered for any of these groups. So there could be hope for 2025 igloo teams if igloo could show a history of having good teams for the older years. It is that simple. No bad intent by any group. Membership can't be changing every year. If that happens the goup loses credibility.

Bigger clubs don't want a club like Igloo to succeed, that is why they are blackballed. Not because AA isn't liked. The whole purpose of the NLF was to push smaller clubs out and put a monopoly on recruiting. If the NLF was truly about getting the nations best talent in from of the college coaches, then the NLF would invite the best talent. If Igloo or any other club has some of the best talent and is blackballed, then clearly the NLF would lose if it hasn't all ready lost its integrity.

Understand that college coaches could care less about NLF; what they care about is getting the best talent out there. And if Igloo or any other club is good, the college coaches are going to want to see them. So it really doesn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't 91 have a frequent visitor from a grade higher, 2 years older play on the Dad's team? Hold back and playing down ...Pot meet Kettle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't 91 have a frequent visitor from a grade higher, 2 years older play on the Dad's team? Hold back and playing down ...Pot meet Kettle

hold back, but plays up. No pot and no Kettle so go get your Red cup and grumble into it.

Page 39 of 70 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard