BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 77 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid graduated already and we decided to catch the game.
Lets just leave it at 0-2 and lets see what happens next game. We will take it one loss at a time. What was with the meeting at the end of the first on the field with the refs. Was Coach F reminding them who he is and what town they were in.
He will be doing a lot of crying to refs for a long time

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GC lost again today. Like I said earlier could be starting season 0-5 before getting first win. Offense is pathetic. Someone needs to tell coach when you are losing and there is only 6 min left in the game you need to go to the cage not work the ball around 5 times before getting a shot. But then again he doesn't have the talent like in the past so he actually has to do some coaching. Going to be a long 3 years in GC before things turn around. Nothing in the pipeline.

GC will be just fine, but thanks for caring. And the pipeline is pretty strong as well. The JV is 2-0 and blew out SW today at their place.

Nice try about the JV game comment. Sad state is JV game didn't mean much(5)or so SW freshman on Varsity. SW WM Pequa the strongest Pipeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC lost again today. Like I said earlier could be starting season 0-5 before getting first win. Offense is pathetic. Someone needs to tell coach when you are losing and there is only 6 min left in the game you need to go to the cage not work the ball around 5 times before getting a shot. But then again he doesn't have the talent like in the past so he actually has to do some coaching. Going to be a long 3 years in GC before things turn around. Nothing in the pipeline.

At what point do people admit that GC34 is an abject failure?

Based on what criteria?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid graduated already and we decided to catch the game.
Lets just leave it at 0-2 and lets see what happens next game. We will take it one loss at a time. What was with the meeting at the end of the first on the field with the refs. Was Coach F reminding them who he is and what town they were in.
He will be doing a lot of crying to refs for a long time

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what criteria?

Don't even try to defend that program. It is an embarrassment. You think it is bad now? Just wait....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 2022 is Syosset was absent but A bald screaming idiot. 'Let's go GC!'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 2022 is Syosset was absent but A bald screaming idiot. 'Let's go GC!'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For having a kid that graduated already, why do you care so much? You are full of it. Your kid just isn't seeing the field and you are bitter and angry. Over the long haul, GC lax will be just fine. That being said, the drain to Chaminade has certain implications on the field the magnitude of which few other schools have to deal with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what criteria?

Don't even try to defend that program. It is an embarrassment. You think it is bad now? Just wait....

Wait for what? Please do tell, since you are obviously in the know.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC at Syosset was awful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC at Syosset was awful

Where? At the tournament yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets blame Chaminade for losing. Typical GC parent blaming everyone else and making excuses. Well if Duke ND and Denver didn't get all the good recruits other Colleges would win too.
Just admit they are not good and teach them how to deal with it because it will be a long time before they have any real talent coming up. Thats what happens when deals are made behind closed doors at some point it all catches up to you . Unfortunately you have a coach that would rather yell and scream at the refs all game then coach. 0-2 and heading towards 0-5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For having a kid that graduated already, why do you care so much? You are full of it. Your kid just isn't seeing the field and you are bitter and angry. Over the long haul, GC lax will be just fine. That being said, the drain to Chaminade has certain implications on the field the magnitude of which few other schools have to deal with.

I am not sure this is a current players family, it could absolutely be an alumni's family or a current resident that chose elsewhere (do to issues). But to say other schools do not feel the same drain your are delusional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game...clearly both teams are offensive powerhouses...SE Fogo just absolutely incredible...SE offense just kept coming...starting 6+ fogo:

Penn State
Penn State
Yale
JHU
Towson
Ohio State
Fairfield

Don't agree it was a payback as Mass won when it truly counted. This was NL. Let's see if SE can keep it rolling through LIC and States no easy chore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure this is a current players family, it could absolutely be an alumni's family or a current resident that chose elsewhere (do to issues). But to say other schools do not feel the same drain your are delusional.

I'm not the person to whom you're responding, but Garden City certainly does feel the largest "drain" to Chaminade. Other towns are certainly affected (Manhasset, Rockville Center, etc.), but it'd be tough to argue that any other program has lost more good players to Chaminade over the years than GC has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So lets blame Chaminade for losing. Typical GC parent blaming everyone else and making excuses. Well if Duke ND and Denver didn't get all the good recruits other Colleges would win too.
Just admit they are not good and teach them how to deal with it because it will be a long time before they have any real talent coming up. Thats what happens when deals are made behind closed doors at some point it all catches up to you . Unfortunately you have a coach that would rather yell and scream at the refs all game then coach. 0-2 and heading towards 0-5

Pray tell, exactly what "deals behind closed doors" are being made by the GC lacrosse Super Pac?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes agreed GC loses its share of kids to Chaminade but how many are lax players. 4-5 are on Varsity team now tops and of those who are seeing the field 1 -2. But how many towns have the system in place that GC has starting at 6-7 yr olds. How many leave GC because of other factors like not getting a fair chance to play because of their last name. I heard it is so bad one kid actually is at St Anthonys. If you are willing to travel to St Anthonys from GC every day it must have been bad.
I guess time will tell. the season will go on. If they keep losing this blog will get real interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We made a huge mistake sending our son to Chaminade. Can anyone tell us the rules for transferring to another private school or back to public. I heard he might have to sit out a year. Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you made a "huge mistake" then your son belongs in public school not another private. Then you would be making another "huge mistake". Obviously by huge you mean you thought your son was good enough to play sports there. Most parents know the work load before they send their kids and hope the sports side works out.

Or you are just making the whole story up which is the way I am leaning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on you never heard of the Anti Chaminade meetings at people homes before decisions are made. Promises that little Johnny will be brought up to Varsity if he stays at GC fully aware that once the school year starts the kid is stuck because you can not transfer into Chaminade. Coaches telling the parents how important their kid is to the program. That is why the other kid is at ST Anthonys.

Quick question, If you have a kid in GC and you don;t send him to the Coaches winter "optional" workouts at the center and you want to use your own personal guy and you play for another summer team in 7th 8th 9th grade what are the chances you will even make the team in GC and if you are from GC you will know exactly what I am talking about. Also what is the cost of these programs and who is running them. Maverick my -ss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you made a "huge mistake" then your son belongs in public school not another private. Then you would be making another "huge mistake". Obviously by huge you mean you thought your son was good enough to play sports there. Most parents know the work load before they send their kids and hope the sports side works out.

He is good enough. But we know how "politics" plays into everything in life. Choose your club team wisely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RVC cries that they take the biggest hit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes agreed GC loses its share of kids to Chaminade but how many are lax players. 4-5 are on Varsity team now tops and of those who are seeing the field 1 -2. But how many towns have the system in place that GC has starting at 6-7 yr olds. How many leave GC because of other factors like not getting a fair chance to play because of their last name. I heard it is so bad one kid actually is at St Anthonys. If you are willing to travel to St Anthonys from GC every day it must have been bad.
I guess time will tell. the season will go on. If they keep losing this blog will get real interesting.

Many families send their sons to Chaminade and St. Anythony's for reason other than athletic playing time. If the kid is going to St. Anthony's it has nothing to do with lacrosse or another sport - it must have to be the academics. Nobody in their right mind would schlep that far for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many families send their sons to Chaminade and St. Anythony's for reason other than athletic playing time. If the kid is going to St. Anthony's it has nothing to do with lacrosse or another sport - it must have to be the academics. Nobody in their right mind would schlep that far for lacrosse.

St. Anthony's is not a good academic school. FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

days who

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back up your fact comment. With stats why what are your facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding me. There is only 2 reasons to go to St Anthonys and they are you live close by or you were recruited to play a sport. You do not go to St Anthonys for academics. Just look at the Building. When the Under Armour sign is bigger than the school name it tells you they are not about the academics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT??? Really? I'd like to see your info on that to back up your ridiculous statement!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back up your fact comment. With stats why what are your facts

Practically every kid attending has to watch you tube to learn on their own, or hire a public school tutor who actually can teach the curriculum! Scary!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.
BTW,was also accepted into Chaminade as well as another private Catholic
Please don't make assumptions,they make you sound very ignorant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another blanket statement with No factual information. Your opinion on why kids attend St Ant's is just that. Your opinion.
No one cares.....
My son is academically and athletically talented,does not live close to St Ant's and is having a great experience at St Ant's.

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is good enough. But we know how "politics" plays into everything in life. Choose your club team wisely.

There are plenty of non-Express kids on the Chaminade varsity. Maybe it wasn't your son's club choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I should care what you think? I have the proof I need. It's all good.
Have a good night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares.....

Haha, keep pretending! Trust me, education sub par. Teachers working there could not get jobs in public, so they took what they could for 1/2 pay. FACT!

Where can I find the average SAT scores of St Anthnys and Chaminade? How do they compare to Manhasset or GC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you need to look at is where EVERY kid in the senior class goes after graduation especially look at where every kid goes from the lax team. EVEN THOSE WHO DON'T SEE MUCH PLAYING TIME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying there may not be smart kids at St. A's but the school is horrendous. You go there for sports or if you are in a less (far) than stellar district or if its the closest Catholic education and that is important to you--for any other reason you have made a relative mistake or are misinformed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok ok enough . If your kid has the smarts I think St. Anthony's no difference in education than say Ward Melville , Smithtown , Sachem just say. Getting off topic lets talk about LAX not what school has better academics please ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares.....

Where can I find the average SAT scores of St Anthnys and Chaminade? How do they compare to Manhasset or GC?

Maybe you should have looked that up before you made your asinine comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares.....

Manhasset is likely higher than the other three.

Page 14 of 77 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard