BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LAXER DAD
This was a onetime charity tournament event, the kids practiced a couple of times. I was there when MC addressed the parents, there are no guaranties this team is going forward, no guaranties the players would be staying and no mention of any type of financial commitment. Everything being said is pure speculation and rumors. my son was asked to play at this event, the players and coaching were very good but there was nothing discussed about going forward

Sounds familiar. That was last year's story line as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They have practice today, why didn't you mention that.

Practice for what? The season is over, you need a better source for information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was a onetime charity tournament event, the kids practiced a couple of times. I was there when MC addressed the parents, there are no guaranties this team is going forward, no guaranties the players would be staying and no mention of any type of financial commitment. Everything being said is pure speculation and rumors. my son was asked to play at this event, the players and coaching were very good but there was nothing discussed about going forward

Sounds familiar. That was last year's story line as well.

And the year before that. It's the express way. Shows a lot of class to show up at a charity event with this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations fl$! I've heard a lot of good things about this program. Question: was this the same group that played as fl$ 1 at the Crimson Lax tournament in Boston a couple of weeks ago? Was the roster the same? A 2017 CT Chargers parent. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice for what? The season is over, you need a better source for information.

Its more of training than a practice, which is today thats true.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are practicing today, that's a fact. MC has something going on, bet on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty..ur kidding right..look past the lacrosse, this isnt about lax, its about money. why do u think he told the parents that it will be a significant amount of money to play..the number being thrown around is $3-4k per kid. take that from 25 kids, $100k team, you gotta love that huh..Channy getting richer buy the day...You have to give credit to his minions who put this baby together, one or two dads with some emails and phone numbers from the express, fl$, Hot Shots , Garden City..And what is left over in the wake of this baby, tons..Kids will sail off with this Sharks team and be happy right? never looking back to say hey, i had something good were i was. And the guy who helped me get to this team or this program, forget him, he got left behind..and wait..it gets better, some of these kids who jettisoned out of their teams , will all of a sudden be on the bubble to make the sharks next year, because mikeys minions found the next best middie or attackman...

You got some bad info. MC never told the parents it was going to cost a boatload of money. Not true. The $3000 or $4000 a team is another complete lie. You sound very bitter, you must've been attacked by a great white or mako in the past (those are Sharks).

I think it was you with the bad info. MC told all the parents there would be a "significant" financial investment for the kids that were chosen. They are planning to do speed and agility training, box lacrosse and team practices. If you don't think this is also motivated by money you need to wake up. Yes the kids they picked are very talented, but I hope the parents have their checkbooks ready.

I was there at the indoor place at the 1st meeting for this group. If your going to build a super strong team like this Sharks team you NEED to train and expect to spend money in the off season. Did Channey stress that there will be a huge expense - no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good friend on that team,12:30 today practice. That is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All information is on a need to know basis. If you don't know about practice, it can only mean one thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, what's the obsession with the fish names? Barracudas, Piranhas, Sharks. Maybe everyone else is supposed to be scared or are these top secret code names for teams that are under development for next year? I think you should follow the trend set by the Tenacious turtles and name them something kinder and gentler...how about the Rambunctious Rabbits or the Precocious ‘Possums.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW, what's the obsession with the fish names? Barracudas, Piranhas, Sharks. Maybe everyone else is supposed to be scared or are these top secret code names for teams that are under development for next year? I think you should follow the trend set by the Tenacious turtles and name them something kinder and gentler...how about the Rambunctious Rabbits or the Precocious ‘Possums.

Long Island Express is from LI. Long Island is an ISLAND. Therefore its surrounded by WATER. What lives in water? Barracudas, Piranhas, Turtles (sometimes) and SHARKS. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty..ur kidding right..look past the lacrosse, this isnt about lax, its about money. why do u think he told the parents that it will be a significant amount of money to play..the number being thrown around is $3-4k per kid. take that from 25 kids, $100k team, you gotta love that huh..Channy getting richer buy the day...You have to give credit to his minions who put this baby together, one or two dads with some emails and phone numbers from the express, fl$, Hot Shots , Garden City..And what is left over in the wake of this baby, tons..Kids will sail off with this Sharks team and be happy right? never looking back to say hey, i had something good were i was. And the guy who helped me get to this team or this program, forget him, he got left behind..and wait..it gets better, some of these kids who jettisoned out of their teams , will all of a sudden be on the bubble to make the sharks next year, because mikeys minions found the next best middie or attackman...

You got some bad info. MC never told the parents it was going to cost a boatload of money. Not true. The $3000 or $4000 a team is another complete lie. You sound very bitter, you must've been attacked by a great white or mako in the past (those are Sharks).

I think it was you with the bad info. MC told all the parents there would be a "significant" financial investment for the kids that were chosen. They are planning to do speed and agility training, box lacrosse and team practices. If you don't think this is also motivated by money you need to wake up. Yes the kids they picked are very talented, but I hope the parents have their checkbooks ready.

I was there at the indoor place at the 1st meeting for this group. If your going to build a super strong team like this Sharks team you NEED to train and expect to spend money in the off season. Did Channey stress that there will be a huge expense - no.

No huge expense until next year. The fee goes up by $8.5K (the yearly tuition to St. Anthony's)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, you busted out the dictionary on this one huh, hope you didnt hurt yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island Express is from LI. Long Island is an ISLAND. Therefore its surrounded by WATER. What lives in water? Barracudas, Piranhas, Turtles (sometimes) and SHARKS. lol

But only sharks are native to LI waters. How about naming the teams after local species such as Flounders, Fluke, Sea Robins, or Weakfish?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not refer to things more indigenous to Long Island? Like the Tat Sleeve Tigers. Or Magnificient Mullets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not refer to things more indigenous to Long Island? Like the Tat Sleeve Tigers. Or Magnificient Mullets.

How about the obnoxious parents or the ignorant fools. We have plenty of those

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

now now, sounds like someones boy didn't get invited - Express Sharks will work fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is the same team No the fl$ roster does not change in season but a few of the boys had a conflict with an onerous high school coach who runs their town team program and threatens them with never playing again - so they did not make the trip to Harvard. We are looking forward to bringing some better competition to our next meeting.
Thanks for your well wishes. fl$ Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BTW, what's the obsession with the fish names? Barracudas, Piranhas, Sharks. Maybe everyone else is supposed to be scared or are these top secret code names for teams that are under development for next year? I think you should follow the trend set by the Tenacious turtles and name them something kinder and gentler...how about the Rambunctious Rabbits or the Precocious ‘Possums.

Long Island Express is from LI. Long Island is an ISLAND. Therefore its surrounded by WATER. What lives in water? Barracudas, Piranhas, Turtles (sometimes) and SHARKS. lol [/quote

now now, sounds like someones boy didn't get invited - Express Sharks will work fine.

Congratulations to you, hope it works out. It's all well and good until MC decides your son is no longer useful then kicks him to the curb like he does to everyone else. Oh and by the way, make sure you bring cash or your checkbook

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BTW, what's the obsession with the fish names? Barracudas, Piranhas, Sharks. Maybe everyone else is supposed to be scared or are these top secret code names for teams that are under development for next year? I think you should follow the trend set by the Tenacious turtles and name them something kinder and gentler...how about the Rambunctious Rabbits or the Precocious ‘Possums.

Long Island Express is from LI. Long Island is an ISLAND. Therefore its surrounded by WATER. What lives in water? Barracudas, Piranhas, Turtles (sometimes) and SHARKS. lol [/quote

Congratulations to you, hope it works out. It's all well and good until MC decides your son is no longer useful then kicks him to the curb like he does to everyone else. Oh and by the way, make sure you bring cash or your checkbook

Its my son's responsibility to make sure he shines all the time. So if he gets "kicked to the curb" by any coach, its my kids fault - not any coach! Its called accountability and its taught in my home to my kids. We don't live by the "oh son, the world is against you!" way of life. And Ill use my checkbook, because I realize nothing of value is free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"because I realize nothing of value is free."

hook, line and sinker.......

teaching accountability- free
teaching loyality- free
teaching respect- free

any value to those lessons?

Your child may be replaced based on simple affiliation, still his fault?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I already know there's one kid who most likely will be on the team next year who wasn't at your coming out party last week. Then there's the kid or two who shows up to try outs that they will want to add. Time to make some popcorn and watch the excitement. LOL.

laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its my son's responsibility to make sure he shines all the time. So if he gets "kicked to the curb" by any coach, its my kids fault - not any coach! Its called accountability and its taught in my home to my kids. We don't live by the "oh son, the world is against you!" way of life. And Ill use my checkbook, because I realize nothing of value is free.

I used my check book today for my evaluation with MC at the new indoor facility in Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teaching loyality- free
teaching respect- free

Priceless...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teaching loyality- free
teaching respect- free

Is the Express (or MC in this case) suppose to train kids for FREE? Your crazy. My nephew plays for 91 and they do a lot of clinics that you HAVE TO PAY MONEY FOR ALSO! These men are RUNNING A BUSINESS!!!!

As for as your silly "Hook line and sinker" comment, my son is happy playing for the Express and he is developing very well as a player & he HAS learned loads from MC. Why do u care? Why is it your business how i spend MY money? My son has played for the Express for 3 years and has had MC as his coach for 2 of those 3 years and has learned, had a lot of fun and he PLAYS! And, we never saw a kid removed from the team during the year, your a bitter & a liar. Thats priceless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evaluation? Wow...........................

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teaching loyality- free
teaching respect- free

Is the Express (or MC in this case) suppose to train kids for FREE? Your crazy. My nephew plays for 91 and they do a lot of clinics that you HAVE TO PAY MONEY FOR ALSO! These men are RUNNING A BUSINESS!!!!

As for as your silly "Hook line and sinker" comment, my son is happy playing for the Express and he is developing very well as a player & he HAS learned loads from MC. Why do u care? Why is it your business how i spend MY money? My son has played for the Express for 3 years and has had MC as his coach for 2 of those 3 years and has learned, had a lot of fun and he PLAYS! And, we never saw a kid removed from the team during the year, your a bitter & a liar. Thats priceless!

We never said removed during the year. It's starts during the year. Maybe a new player is brought in or their playing starts to get reduced. You'll know what's going on when it starts to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid plays because you hand him the money. And you and your wife think he is god. I am so sick of you suck ups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid plays because you hand him the money. And you and your wife think he is god. I am so sick of you suck ups.

He is simply playing off the parents fear that little Johnny may not get recruited to a D1 school or get any playing time at a certain catholic HS unless they join the Express. And of course, the overly obsessed parents go for it almost every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your never going to change peoples minds. For some reason he actually has people believing he cares about their kids. Nothing could be further from the truth.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy takes too much energy. Have a great day!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy takes too much energy. Have a great day!!

Jealousy? LMAO............

Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is simply playing off the parents fear that little Johnny may not get recruited to a D1 school or get any playing time at a certain catholic HS unless they join the Express. And of course, the overly obsessed parents go for it almost every time.

Right on the money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would I be jealous, my kid is on orange and we do no extra paid training.You should be jealous of me. Training is in back yard and a bucket balls. Teach your kid that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey how did the teams do at Stowe?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think MC is pretending to care about the kids or pledge any type of loyalty to the parents. He wants to create a phenomenal 8th grade team wearing his Express brand. It's all about ego and business. So if you know the deal and your kid is along for the ride, wiil he be a tougher, better lacrosse player as a result? That is the decision a parent has to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah how did the boys do at Stowe. I haven't been able to follow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think MC is pretending to care about the kids or pledge any type of loyalty to the parents. He wants to create a phenomenal 8th grade team wearing his Express brand. It's all about ego and business. So if you know the deal and your kid is along for the ride, wiil he be a tougher, better lacrosse player as a result? That is the decision a parent has to make.

This is the new express business model the summer before the kids go into 8th grade if his teams are not up to par. For the last three years, these teams have not been up to the express standard so it's full year of recruiting in an attempt to build these teams. It's an all out blitz before the other teams catch up and pass them. They are not the only game in town any more and the foot steps are getting louder and louder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both 2017 teams played well. McManus lost to True Blue in the Finals and the Korwan team had a good weekend... in the last game they beat a real good Top Gun team from New England.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah how did the boys do at Stowe. I haven't been able to follow.

Piranhas 4-1, lost once Saturday and came back Sunday to beat same team in playoff game
McManus 4-1, lost in Championship to True Blue

Doesn't really matter anymore, many moving on..

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard