BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non league and scrimmages. League play starts next Monday March 28

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At some point if you are a really good player you have to realize the team you are playing is overmatched and also realize its embarrassing to keep scoring.Yes the coach gets most of the blame but so does the player .If it were my kid the 8 goals would be a problem but worse would be the big goose egg for assists.I know here comes the stop picking on little girls comments but if you are such a stud you can put up 8 goals against an inferior team then you should be strong enough to hear some criticism about it.

Brussels was attacked by terrorists, people died, many people were hurt!! In the grand scheme of things this really means NOTHING!! There are much bigger things people should be concerned about.

And yet you are on posting about it . Yes there are much bigger things than girls lacrosse that people are concerned about but why come onto a site about girls lacrosse to post about it. Trying to deflect from the poor sportsmanship, poor coaching, poor team chemistry it all creates is useless when it obviously means everything to the ball hog kids parents.

You know what you are right, this was a very poor example to use. I was only trying to say there are other things more important than HS lax. It's on the coach and the kid to fix this. I will definitely think twice before hitting submit next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great players on the Newsday top 100 list. Lets hope their parents don't drink too much Kool Aid and push those kids to beat up on weak opponents by padding their stats in blow out games. Share the ball you'll have a better HS team and a much better time as a group. Regardless of what mom and dad tell you on the drive to Maryland each weekend, its a team game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great players on the Newsday top 100 list. Lets hope their parents don't drink too much Kool Aid and push those kids to beat up on weak opponents by padding their stats in blow out games. Share the ball you'll have a better HS team and a much better time as a group. Regardless of what mom and dad tell you on the drive to Maryland each weekend, its a team game.

Glad your daughter made the list... ( as if Newsday actually knew who was who anyway) Most of the girls on it are Seniors, their trips to Md are over.. unless its on the college team bus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always look for the player who has double digit assists, they are the selfless team players who look for the open stick. Would be great if they got more credit.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Newsday just picks who is committed to college except for a few rare exceptions like the underclassman who had big point seasons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are the kids on the list chosen? Does Newsday pick them or does the coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you list any districts who have this policy -- would like to see how they word it.
Thanks!

Should be about this years team first and foremost.... The collection of players you can get for this season... Then the rest... Starting with Succession planning for future years.... District prominence and tradition last

Are there districts that actually have policies prohibiting pulling up MS kids?

Yes, and soon all will likely follow suit. For two reasons:
1) if they're going to win, they will do so with or without 7th graders
2) to avoid the headaches created by doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are the kids on the list chosen? Does Newsday pick them or does the coach?

Coach puts up kids which can get murky. Most coaches don't know lacrosse but do know if a kid is committed to play in college and then the politics of parents and booster clubs are always involved. I am sure most of the list is right but there are always some head scratchers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some great players on the Newsday top 100 list. Lets hope their parents don't drink too much Kool Aid and push those kids to beat up on weak opponents by padding their stats in blow out games. Share the ball you'll have a better HS team and a much better time as a group. Regardless of what mom and dad tell you on the drive to Maryland each weekend, its a team game.

How are the kids on the list chosen? Does Newsday pick them or does the coach? [/

Coach puts up kids which can get murky. Most coaches don't know lacrosse but do know if a kid is committed to play in college and then the politics of parents and booster clubs are always involved. I am sure most of the list is right but there are always some head scratchers

Thank you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Some great players on the Newsday top 100 list. Lets hope their parents don't drink too much Kool Aid and push those kids to beat up on weak opponents by padding their stats in blow out games. Share the ball you'll have a better HS team and a much better time as a group. Regardless of what mom and dad tell you on the drive to Maryland each weekend, its a team game.

How are the kids on the list chosen? Does Newsday pick them or does the coach? [/

Thank you!

I don't subscribe to Newsday, can someone post list? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you list any districts who have this policy -- would like to see how they word it.
Thanks!

Should be about this years team first and foremost.... The collection of players you can get for this season... Then the rest... Starting with Succession planning for future years.... District prominence and tradition last

Are there districts that actually have policies prohibiting pulling up MS kids?

Yes, and soon all will likely follow suit. For two reasons:
1) if they're going to win, they will do so with or without 7th graders
2) to avoid the headaches created by doing so.

"if they're going to win, they will do so with or without 7th graders"

Many close games are decided by a single goal. In a team effort the game can swing from a win or a loss simply by having a better player on the field to replace the low end of the roster player on the field.

So what you are saying is that every 7th grader that ever played at any district was never better than a girl they replaced on the field and never contributed to a win????

All that 7th grader has to do is be better than one player and they then contribute to the team win. I know many of the girls who were brought up in 7th grade over the years and in many districts. Maybe some wrongfully so but for most of them they easily belonged and contributed.

I get there are many jealous haters on this site, but get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else flabbergasted by the new rule changes for sticks? How is it possible that they change the rules on sticks and make almost every girl stick out there illegal? My daughters team was told that the referees will be checking sticks very closely now that league games are about to start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone else flabbergasted by the new rule changes for sticks? How is it possible that they change the rules on sticks and make almost every girl stick out there illegal? My daughters team was told that the referees will be checking sticks very closely now that league games are about to start.

Honestly not that big a deal ,top strings attached to side wall , side string attached every 1.5 inches ,is that it ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly are you talking about??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaches do not pick kids and there are kids left out of that list
i can tell you that for sure also wardmeilville parents should relax cause you have too much to say

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
QUICK QUESTION TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE A CLUE ABOUT LACROSSE
WHO ARE THE TOP TEAMS IN BOTH DIVISIONS IN SUFFOLK
AFTER SOME NON LEAGUES AND SCRIMMAGES WHAT DO YOU ALL SEE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far 3 coaches I spoke to said they had no input and are happy a girl on their team was picked but Newsday never contacted them other than to let them know day/time picture was being taken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are new rules about the stringing of girls sticks. Strings must be looped through the side walls, not exceeding a gap of 1 1/2 inches between loops. Most girls sticks are illegal because they have never been strung this way before. Most of the stock in lacrosse stores has to go back because they are being sent to stores illegally strung. This new rule applies to high school girls. I would suggest having your daughter ask her coach or bring it to a lacrosse store and have it checked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to US Lacrosse, new rule section 8 says each attachment to the sidewall shall be no more than 1.5 inches from its adjacent attachment when measured in a straight line from hole to hole.

Most girls sticks are not strung like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far 3 coaches I spoke to said they had no input and are happy a girl on their team was picked but Newsday never contacted them other than to let them know day/time picture was being taken.

I spoke to our varsity coach and the way it works is Newsday creates the list and a couple of weeks ago they called and asked for info on the kids selected. Coaches had zero input to the list being made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So who writes the little blurb about them, Newsday??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the same for newsday, msg varsity, espn and inside lax - none of them are scouring the country scouting anybody, they all have a handful of people who feed them information on teams and players, that's how it works

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to US Lacrosse, new rule section 8 says each attachment to the sidewall shall be no more than 1.5 inches from its adjacent attachment when measured in a straight line from hole to hole.

Most girls sticks are not strung like that.

This new rule is such a joke. The refs checked my daughters team, apparently had mostly illegal heads. They played anyway. There will be many cancelled games this year if they try to enforce this. This creates a huge problem for all the manufactures as most of what is being sold in stores are illegal. If girls rules and the governing body were not a big enough joke, enter this latest debacle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the same for newsday, msg varsity, espn and inside lax - none of them are scouring the country scouting anybody, they all have a handful of people who feed them information on teams and players, that's how it works

The girl picked from our district is probably third best on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A pair or club director have big ties to Newsday and I am sure have input on list.

A Newsday reporter sitting in a cube in Melville has no clue who the best players are except for who pads stats during the season, who is committed to what college and what info is spoon fed to them.

Lots of exceptional girls on the list but I think we can all agree that politics are involved in every team and all star list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the girl from your district is right where she should be

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new stick rule just further illustrates how inept US lax is. They are a joke of a governing body

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A pair or club director have big ties to Newsday and I am sure have input on list.

A Newsday reporter sitting in a cube in Melville has no clue who the best players are except for who pads stats during the season, who is committed to what college and what info is spoon fed to them.

Lots of exceptional girls on the list but I think we can all agree that politics are involved in every team and all star list

My kid is on the list and yes politics are involved in every list, every all-star team etc. Put it down in stone each coach involved in the All American selections at the end of year will have at least 1 kid from their team and in some cases two. Kinda gross.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Newsday put teams in the top Ten who play nobody all year and take a beating in the playoffs. If the team is a top 10 then play the best in Nassau . Suffolk does not have a power conference YET!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can Newsday put teams in the top Ten who play nobody all year and take a beating in the playoffs. If the team is a top 10 then play the best in Nassau . Suffolk does not have a power conference YET!

I agree completely. There are some teams in lower Nassau divisions that should win their games by 2 touchdowns all season, will have all the goal scoring leaders and then will get smoked in the playoffs. Man up and ask to play in the power conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes the divisions after 1 are screwed up, but there are no teams that can compete in the top division that are not in the top div.

Division 2 should be plainedge, oyster bay, southside, Port washington, Lynbrook, seaford and carle pl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes the divisions after 1 are screwed up, but there are no teams that can compete in the top division that are not in the top div.

Division 2 should be plainedge, oyster bay, southside, Port washington, Lynbrook, seaford and carle pl

Long Beach and North Shore have upped their game the last few years and pulled away from Plainedge. The three used to battle hard a few years ago. The power division is stacked with good teams not sure who else should be in or out. Scores will be lopsided once you get to the lower divisions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk ranks or seeds the teams and essentially if you are in the top ten you play all the top 10 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two top Nassau teams have already been beat by Suffolk, Pequa and GC. Both by the Smithtowns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk ranks or seeds the teams and essentially if you are in the top ten you play all the top 10 teams

Suffolk runs their leagues similar to the premier soccer league. Depending on how you did the previous year will determine who you play this season. Finish in the bottom 10 and you play the rest of the bottom 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This a girls forum. But thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two top Nassau teams have already been beat by Suffolk, Pequa and GC. Both by the Smithtowns

Pequa girls team not a top team by any definition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its very early in Nassau but the scoring leaders are all from the bottom division teams who still cant figure out that you need more than a couple of girls to be successful. Top teams run multiple lines, bottom programs run everything through a few girls and that's why their programs will always struggle. Need to develop and include more people in games.

Page 9 of 46 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard