BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm thinking he was talking about yesterdays game. Check newsday and come back to us with your thoughts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm thinking he was talking about yesterdays game. Check newsday and come back to us with your thoughts.

Why do you need to have thoughts on this at all? You should worry about yourself!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the point padding begin with some weak non conference games kicking off soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, If everybody had your attitude there would be no need for this forum. Because 95% of these topics are nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the point padding begin with some weak non conference games kicking off soon.

I am looking at Newsday now - I don't see that much stat padding. A lot of the games were high scoring yesterday and some kids just had more goals than other but there were 20-17, 19-15, etc games which are close games and goals needed to be scored to win the games. Think its more of a function that the games are high scoring so the # of goals scored by the better players are higher. I don't view it as stat padding.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another point - just because kids don't have assists listed doesn't mean they didn't try! If they feed it to a teammate and that girl is unable to finish it doesn't count as an assist for the kid who gave up the ball and this happens ALL the time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the first team to get the poor sportsmanship award goes to ......Babylon . Nice job , in a clearly non competitive game that was over before it began you let one kid keep going to the cage , congrats to you on inflating her numbers early in the season . Gotta love the goals to assist ratio . Its going to be a long and ugly year as there are some bad teams out there and apparently a lot of coaches and ADs who are good with rubbing their face in it . Just seems unnecessary and like poor sportsmanship .Hopefully mommy and daddy are so proud that their little one could score so many while getting none of her teammates involved . Before you all write nice job picking on a kid , I don't blame her , I blame her coach and AD as they should know better .Curious to what others think?

The great part of this is that one of the two girls who scored 4 goals is real young. So here we have the ¨padding the scores complainer. And wait for it....... One of the girls was a 8th grader..... so according to many on here she should be playing MS lacrosse and waiting her turn..So now those fools can jump aboard... Look now the idiots can complain about two things at once..... SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but my kid was on the losing end of that Babylon game yesterday. Two things,1) the report of the scoring seems to be wrong as I believe we were down 10-1 at some point ,2) The game was non competitive , it was clear from the start we realistically had no chance so the kid putting up 8 goals in a beat down was in my opinion poor sportsmanship. Before the calls of stop crying and have a catch with your kid etc.. Seems to me when you are obviously the better team maybe spread the ball around more etc. Don't mind a team scoring as it gives us a chance to get the ball back but to have 1 kid continuously go to the goal seemed over the top and honestly would think that has to create some issues within the winning team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but my kid was on the losing end of that Babylon game yesterday. Two things,1) the report of the scoring seems to be wrong as I believe we were down 10-1 at some point ,2) The game was non competitive , it was clear from the start we realistically had no chance so the kid putting up 8 goals in a beat down was in my opinion poor sportsmanship. Before the calls of stop crying and have a catch with your kid etc.. Seems to me when you are obviously the better team maybe spread the ball around more etc. Don't mind a team scoring as it gives us a chance to get the ball back but to have 1 kid continuously go to the goal seemed over the top and honestly would think that has to create some issues within the winning team.

its on the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Six other kids scored and others had opportunities to score and couldn't finish. Thought this was varsity lax not youth.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bet the kid didn't score when she was pulled off or when she played defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Six other kids scored and others had opportunities to score and couldn't finish. Thought this was varsity lax not youth.

There it is, the me first lacrosse parent. Nobody said don't beat the opponent but move the ball around to kids who might not get another shot all season. Its a team game and nobody cares if your kid gets recruited except you and her club coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Ive been watching girls lacrosse for years, you would never see one person score 8 goals on manhasset or Garden city seems to be a suffolk thing. Lets pad our stats against an inferior opponent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you are only referring to girls lax. In boys Garden City and it's supposed legendary coach "Doc" D beat up on a New Hyde Park team 34-0 and their super star attackmen Gibbons had at least 8 goals. Post script, Doc was gone the following year. Gibbons was shut out in the LI championship game by a suffolk Huntington team that was up 19-10 and could have scored more but the coach called off the dogs. Must be a suffolk thing. You must be new to lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Ive been watching girls lacrosse for years, you would never see one person score 8 goals on manhasset or Garden city seems to be a suffolk thing. Lets pad our stats against an inferior opponent

I'm sure it's not just a Suffolk thing but my daughters have played lax in Suffolk for many years and I can agree with you that some of the most egregious examples are from Suffolk (lets see, the East Islip coaches daughter, the Islip sisters and friend, the WB girl(s), the Bellport girls last year etc..) Like a previous poster said, these teams will usually get shut down by a team that understands defense. IIRC, none of these won Section XI or states.

AS for the poor team that had a girl score 8 against them, they lost by more than 10 two days in a row to a school that is a 1/4 the size of them and a school that is 1/2 the size of them so they have their own issues. While I agree that 8 is a lot to put up, can't the team double that girl and see if that works?
NB also beat up a much smaller team by more than 10 and their top scorer had 7, what's up with that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with almost all of that, except the part about the WB girls. SA was getting 8 goals in a 13-11 win/loss...those other kids were getting 8 goals in a 19-2 win, big difference. Just my humble opinion and i'm not a suffolk mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure it's not just a Suffolk thing but my daughters have played lax in Suffolk for many years and I can agree with you that some of the most egregious examples are from Suffolk (lets see, the East Islip coaches daughter, the Islip sisters and friend, the WB girl(s), the Bellport girls last year etc..) Like a previous poster said, these teams will usually get shut down by a team that understands defense. IIRC, none of these won Section XI or states.

AS for the poor team that had a girl score 8 against them, they lost by more than 10 two days in a row to a school that is a 1/4 the size of them and a school that is 1/2 the size of them so they have their own issues. While I agree that 8 is a lot to put up, can't the team double that girl and see if that works?
NB also beat up a much smaller team by more than 10 and their top scorer had 7, what's up with that?

The issue shouldn't be with the player, it should be with the coach. Take the scorers out and let the other girls get some time. These are non league games that are meaningless. When those big girls do get shut down by a better defense, the coach has no one else to rely on because the other girls have never touched the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with almost all of that, except the part about the WB girls. SA was getting 8 goals in a 13-11 win/loss...those other kids were getting 8 goals in a 19-2 win, big difference. Just my humble opinion and i'm not a suffolk mom
Are you SS then? Talking up your WB TG gal? Take a look at the stats....in the three games WB put up over 20, SA scored 9-7-7 against powerhouses like EH and DP. Get your facts straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you SS then? Talking up your WB TG gal? Take a look at the stats....in the three games WB put up over 20, SA scored 9-7-7 against powerhouses like EH and DP. Get your facts straight

Again that falls on the coach not the player. Coach has to take her out and let yonunger girls play. Came back to bite them in the rear when Hauppauge finally figured out how to stop them. Coach expected the 8th and 9th graders to all of a sudden be goal scorers when they weren't allowed to shoot all season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for the top programs most coaches wonder why their talent falls off a cliff? its part genetics, part practice and part that they never let the bottom half of the roster develop in games that are being won handily. So then girls quit which is bad for the sport. Now some club parent who had their kid recruited in 8th grade is going to tell me its good that kids quit but I disagree.

Which team is happier? One that has 50% of the team involved in the scoring or one that has 1 girl that goes to the cage 95% of the time?

Team game, recruiting be damned!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again that falls on the coach not the player. Coach has to take her out and let yonunger girls play. Came back to bite them in the rear when Hauppauge finally figured out how to stop them. Coach expected the 8th and 9th graders to all of a sudden be goal scorers when they weren't allowed to shoot all season.

I assume you are talking about W Bab last year. No one really needed to figure out how to stop them, it was obvious. They were a weak team despite having two great players. W Bab produces great individual players, not so good on producing team players, that is why their team is weak every year.

High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was surprised Huntington lost to Farmingdale. Looks like it was a good game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point if you are a really good player you have to realize the team you are playing is overmatched and also realize its embarrassing to keep scoring.Yes the coach gets most of the blame but so does the player .If it were my kid the 8 goals would be a problem but worse would be the big goose egg for assists.I know here comes the stop picking on little girls comments but if you are such a stud you can put up 8 goals against an inferior team then you should be strong enough to hear some criticism about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are the girls enjoying the new Huntington coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for the top programs most coaches wonder why their talent falls off a cliff? its part genetics, part practice and part that they never let the bottom half of the roster develop in games that are being won handily. So then girls quit which is bad for the sport. Now some club parent who had their kid recruited in 8th grade is going to tell me its good that kids quit but I disagree.

Which team is happier? One that has 50% of the team involved in the scoring or one that has 1 girl that goes to the cage 95% of the time?

Lacrosse becomes less of a team game every year. Get the ball to XYZ and then everyone else can stop running because the ball is never coming back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point if you are a really good player you have to realize the team you are playing is overmatched and also realize its embarrassing to keep scoring.Yes the coach gets most of the blame but so does the player .If it were my kid the 8 goals would be a problem but worse would be the big goose egg for assists.I know here comes the stop picking on little girls comments but if you are such a stud you can put up 8 goals against an inferior team then you should be strong enough to hear some criticism about it.

Brussels was attacked by terrorists, people died, many people were hurt!! In the grand scheme of things this really means NOTHING!! There are much bigger things people should be concerned about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying this is the reason but I heard the Senior Goalie injured her knee in Basketball and out for the season. I feel sorry for her, I have seen her play many times she is a difference maker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach feels his XYZ is the winning lottery ticket and they can do no wrong , Run ball from one end of the field to another with zero transition , maybe move ball around once , but you better make sure you feed my XYZ because they are allowed to make mistakes !! ... I think many can relate .

Lacrosse becomes less of a team game every year. Get the ball to XYZ and then everyone else can stop running because the ball is never coming back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not saying this is the reason but I heard the Senior Goalie injured her knee in Basketball and out for the season. I feel sorry for her, I have seen her play many times she is a difference maker.

Are all of the 7th now 8th graders up on Varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brussels was attacked by terrorists, people died, many people were hurt!! In the grand scheme of things this really means NOTHING!! There are much bigger things people should be concerned about.

And yet you are on posting about it . Yes there are much bigger things than girls lacrosse that people are concerned about but why come onto a site about girls lacrosse to post about it. Trying to deflect from the poor sportsmanship, poor coaching, poor team chemistry it all creates is useless when it obviously means everything to the ball hog kids parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get the point that at some point in the game the better players should get other involved, but being surprised about lack of assists is another. Do you know how difficult an assist is in girls lacrosse. It's not hockey, you don't get an assist by simply making the last pass before a goal. Any stats you read in newsday about girls having 6,7,or more assists in a game is just bad scoring or plain BS . I read a boxscore last season that showed a team having more assists than goals, I believe that's impossible. My point is we should not group girls as not being team players simply because their assist to goal ratio is very low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An assist is one thing , but transition from one end of the field to another by solely one player is just poor coaching ! A player should be looking for their outlet and this should be reinforced. its not rocket science , not run the ball down field as y and z stage for their buddy system play. TEAM is what this game is about , TRUSTING their team without mixed messages from their parents is what separates good from bad . Hopefully the curious coach reading this will catch the hint !

I get the point that at some point in the game the better players should get other involved, but being surprised about lack of assists is another. Do you know how difficult an assist is in girls lacrosse. It's not hockey, you don't get an assist by simply making the last pass before a goal. Any stats you read in newsday about girls having 6,7,or more assists in a game is just bad scoring or plain BS . I read a boxscore last season that showed a team having more assists than goals, I believe that's impossible. My point is we should not group girls as not being team players simply because their assist to goal ratio is very low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel players pass to other travel players on their school teams and no one else. The team sport concept is broken and the travel parents are fine with it because as long as they get theirs that's all that matters

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I disagree. I see a lot more goals scored from assists and smart play than from one player trying to bully her way through the defense and having a turnover.

And regarding the team with more assists than goals, UGH. My daughter's college team (not lax) used to fudge the numbers like that. It was the coach's doing and he wanted one girl's stats to be nationally ranked, which they were, but she'd get credit for an assist two passes back from the goal! There's a lot of bull[lacrosse] that goes on in the stats, some of it mistakes and some delberate.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

The former, without a doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach feels his XYZ is the winning lottery ticket and they can do no wrong , Run ball from one end of the field to another with zero transition , maybe move ball around once , but you better make sure you feed my XYZ because they are allowed to make mistakes !! ... I think many can relate .

As long as officials constantly reward bad play by offensive players who charge into defenders and into double/triple and quadruple teams but get free position shots the game will never improve. Defenders cannot defend when every call in a game goes against them. The biggest/heaviest girls now charge into the defense and get rewarded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I disagree. I see a lot more goals scored from assists and smart play than from one player trying to bully her way through the defense and having a turnover.

And regarding the team with more assists than goals, UGH. My daughter's college team (not lax) used to fudge the numbers like that. It was the coach's doing and he wanted one girl's stats to be nationally ranked, which they were, but she'd get credit for an assist two passes back from the goal! There's a lot of bull[lacrosse] that goes on in the stats, some of it mistakes and some delberate.

I agree on real good teams but not on most school teams. My point was that is much more difficult to pick up an assist than most people realize. The pass has to directly lead to the goal and must be the reason the goal is scored ( no catch and dodge to shed a defender). So girls with low assist totals should not be all treated as selfish players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez, what an a-hole answer. I hope you don't teach your children your form of sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is everyone still playing in scrimmages and non- leagues at this point or have conference games already started?

Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard