BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Re: Boys 2025-3rd Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I believe the team is made up mostly of the coaches town team which should be CSH.

Has recruiting process filtered down to 3rd graders yet. Thinking of sending my 3rd grader's taped highlights to local College coaches??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So witty .Outlaws like other organizations look for coaches that can bring teams with them. Their new additions to the board this year all came with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard a story about a coach that is telling everyone that he played lax for Maryland when he never did. So sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he played in MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for vs. in, BIG difference.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just went on the University of MD website and they have this tab called more. If you click on that you will find a tab that says all time roster. Guess what name is not to be found on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What organization is the imposter with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone on the team now knows what the truth is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask your wife!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, was someone playing down again?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmm, was someone playing down again?

No he never played for Maryland. May have played in the State but not for MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think he played at Md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach where???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares don't feed into the drama. Whoever it is has played lacrosse at a level above the the one your son is at and therefore has some ability to teach your 3rd grade son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is just starting out this year. What is considered the top team on the grade level? Golden Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is just starting out this year. What is considered the top team on the grade level? Golden Geese?

Honestly that's not what the first thought should be. We all do it reflexively. Ask people about the coaches and ask how they think their kid is enjoying it how is he and the team developing. Find the best coaching, not the best team. Now often those two are the same, but not always. Travel is a huge investment and time and money and I am just outlining there is more to consider.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chucky Cheeses are the best!..behind them is Transfomers...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not trying to be nasty....but if he is just starting, don't worry about the best teams. There are high quality clubs that have teams for 2025 age groups, but it is so hard to determine at this age the "top team". But at this age, coaching & skill development are critical.

You will probably be out of luck for club teams this year....you may be able to try and squeeze into PAL for you town. Let him become familiar playing in games at PAL, understand game situations, work on his skills and hopefully he'll be ready for tryouts in the fall.

Good luck to him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL is the way to go right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Pal is terrific way to start. Also some town leagues offer skills clinic's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not trying to be nasty....but if he is just starting, don't worry about the best teams. There are high quality clubs that have teams for 2025 age groups, but it is so hard to determine at this age the "top team". But at this age, coaching & skill development are critical.

You will probably be out of luck for club teams this year....you may be able to try and squeeze into PAL for you town. Let him become familiar playing in games at PAL, understand game situations, work on his skills and hopefully he'll be ready for tryouts in the fall.

Good luck to him

Appreciate the words. My guys has played PAL for a few seasons now. He's on a new travel club with a bunch of his buddies. Most of the parents are very realistic about their expectations for the summer. I was just curious about how good some of these teams are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Pal is terrific way to start. Also some town leagues offer skills clinic's.

Many towns will also pull together a summer tournament team to offer kids a more competitive season over PAL. My son is playing this year for about $400.....as compared to some clubs looking for $1000 to $1500+ commitments for 8 year olds. If he enjoys it and can hold his own, will look at tryouts in the fall for a more competitive summer team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Appreciate the words. My guys has played PAL for a few seasons now. He's on a new travel club with a bunch of his buddies. Most of the parents are very realistic about their expectations for the summer. I was just curious about how good some of these teams are.

Many of these teams are getting their pick from all over Long Island, so pretty good! Probably the top 3 in no particular order for 2025 are Express, 91 and Legacy. 91 has 2 teams at this age group so depending on which your son's team plays, your milage may vary. Express and Legacy have one team each.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
picture 10 of the best kid on your pal team playing together. The top teams are Geese , Team 91 and the 2nd 91 added some players in the beginning of the year If those kids didn't get moved up to the A team then they are going to be decent. Then there is a few "town" teams will take a travel tournament on a good weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
picture 10 of the best kid on your pal team playing together. The top teams are Geese , Team 91 and the 2nd 91 added some players in the beginning of the year If those kids didn't get moved up to the A team then they are going to be decent. Then there is a few "town" teams will take a travel tournament on a good weekend.
Would put Express in there too. The kids have been playing together for over a year now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would put Express in there too. The kids have been playing together for over a year now.

A whole year? Wow! Nonstop? 3 days a week, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are 8 years old. OMG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My town group had been together since kindergarten with clinics and games all season last spring. So what....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mrs. Coach. We got it. Just like 2024, great parents, great coaches. Bias, blah, blah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 orange has already lost more games than bandits and crush combined. better find those '06 birthdays soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 orange has already lost more games than bandits and crush combined. better find those '06 birthdays soon.

Just wait till next tryout! The only kids that are still on the team will be coaches kids, face off kid and two attackmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked it up. They played a grade up in 2024 come on people let's try and keep this thread unlike the other ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are Coming up that some 2025 teams are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are Coming up that some 2025 teams are playing

Igloo is putting on the Penguin Classic on May 7th. Pretty sure the Geese and Express are playing...not sure who else. Plenty of 2025's will sign up for JDRF on June 4th. That is usually a good mix of town and travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost one game this weekend, by 4 goals, to the team who won the 2024 bracket. Thats not too bad. Not great, but not bad. Offense looks pretty solid. Defense needs work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just wait till next tryout! The only kids that are still on the team will be coaches kids, face off kid and two attackmen.

That is a really sad thought, and unfortunately it may turn out to be true. These kids are majority 8 years old. 6 months can make a huge difference for every kid on the field, whether playing for 91 or any other club.

My son does not play 91 (truth be told, he isn't a strong enough player yet), but I hope all kids will get a fair shake.

Advice for all, even if your son is behind others physically - have him study up on lacrosse IQ and where to be on the field. It will put him head and shoulders above the "average" players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They play up and got crushed at Shamrock...why on earth would they play up already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked it up. They played a grade up in 2024 come on people let's try and keep this thread unlike the other ones

Unfortunately, being on Orange carries with it lofty expectations. That expectation is that will 91 draw the best players to their top teams so they will play up and win. Look no further than the team a year older. Wolfpack has been playing up and winning since they were in 2nd grade. Bandits too (two years older). 91 does not like their A teams to lose and they will do what they need to to win. There will be sweeping changes if they don't win most of their summer tourneys. That's not a bad thing, either. This isn't PAL and you don't get to keep your spot just because your kid made the team in 2nd grade. The only ones that will likely be on that team by fifth grade are the coach's kids and the top middie and attackman. That's what travel lax is about. Constantly upgrading your team to compete with the best. Welcome to insanity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem team looked real good. 2025 Orange hid from them by playing up. Going to be a long year for those kids, most of which will get replaced at tryouts. Sorry dads, you got what you wished for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sachem team looked real good. 2025 Orange hid from them by playing up. Going to be a long year for those kids, most of which will get replaced at tryouts. Sorry dads, you got what you wished for.

Get used to them hiding. They will play up in weak 2024 B divisions all year. Everyone knows that playing up in B divisions will be easier than playing in 2025 A divisions.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard