BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,533
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 327 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was told by the tournament directors that several top guns girls were caught shoplifting at the CNC tournament. This isnt the first time this has happened. Heard they may be banned from tournaments the rest of this year.

That happened at the draw last year and they were still back this year- they should just ban the player not the team anyway!

I can speak as a vendor and an insider with many other vendors, I am not sure about this particular incident this year, but if you are looking to ban an entire club from tournaments based on individuals shoplifting, you would have barely any clubs left. It is an all to common problem at all the tournaments and there are many incidents that the lax community just doesn't hear or know about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish M&D would field a team in the U-15 deal. That would pretty much wreck Yellow Jacket nation's world.

Don't worry YJ is the only club that can compete with M and D. We are not afraid. Of them and in fact got the best of them last year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Conrats to YJ teams that played at Lax blast

2020 Curcio Champions
2020 Jones Finalist
2016 Rose Champions

Great job ladies way to support The beach bums!! Great day of lax
Not only great results, but also thanks to the Yellow Jackets for helping in the closing week with their team in the Eighth Grade bracket to close out the division. Great performances and a solid weekend of lacrosse on the girls side.
If attendance is an issue they should move the tourney to the first weekend in aug and they would get more town teams then they could handle

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If attendance is an issue they should move the tourney to the first weekend in aug and they would get more town teams then they could handle
Attendance is not an issue - as a matter of fact, the tournament was oversubscribed at the younger age groups. It was this one particular eighth grade bracket that required a last minute extra team. Next year, expect an expansion of the Beach Bums tournament - this was discussed on their thread in the Tournament Forum.

Also, remember that this year's first weekend in August will see the Lax4BackPax Tournament in Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"subject of private e-mails and a personal discussion at the field with the Liberty staff " So no chest pounding, done with class, learn a lesson Yellow Jackets. They may not win as much, at least they have class, unlike you. The congratulate there girls in person not on a web site so they can feel superior and stroke there egos.

You are just such a small minded jealous loser. They congratulated the teams on playing in the lax blast and supporting the beach bums program and nothing about how they performed.Grow up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"subject of private e-mails and a personal discussion at the field with the Liberty staff " So no chest pounding, done with class, learn a lesson Yellow Jackets. They may not win as much, at least they have class, unlike you. The congratulate there girls in person not on a web site so they can feel superior and stroke there egos.

You are just such a small minded jealous loser. They congratulated the teams on playing in the lax blast and supporting the beach bums program and nothing about how they performed.Grow up.
I was responding to a single post where a Yellow Jacket parent posted a remark about Liberty with only an assumed provocation, Furthermore, I was also remarking on how You Yellow Jacket parents seem to pound your chest at every opportunity for the world to see with no hint of humility, where as liberty seems to have a bit of dignity, heaping there accolades on there players in person. If there is any jealousy it no doubt consumes you, for you seem to always feel the need to prove you and your club better than all others, But only succeed in proving how little class you and your club actually have in not only your demeanor as spectators and parents, but also as coaches and an organization as a whole. So to make sure you underdeveloped mind understands why I even posted this was the original remark made by a parent "I hear after there dominant performance in the tournament many of the 2020 Curcio team have college commitments." No reference to Liberty or the origin of the authors club affiliation. And this is the Yellow Jacket response " Probably a liberty parent! Sorry your team didn't fare as well. I hope they had fun."Now I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Liberty only cares about the Yellow Jackets in the context of being able to beat them on the field. Liberty does not care about your boastful college commitments or how many games you win. Liberty only cares about Liberty and as a whole , keep there affairs amongst themselves. Almost every girl on Liberty is happy to be there, and those who are not are free to go to other clubs with the best of luck from the club as a whole. So I say in closing if you leave us out of it , we'll leave you out of it. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish M&D would field a team in the U-15 deal. That would pretty much wreck Yellow Jacket nation's world.

Don't worry YJ is the only club that can compete with M and D. We are not afraid. Of them and in fact got the best of them last year!

Skywalkers 2015 Blue will be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was responding to a single post where a Yellow Jacket parent posted a remark about Liberty with only an assumed provocation, Furthermore, I was also remarking on how You Yellow Jacket parents seem to pound your chest at every opportunity for the world to see with no hint of humility, where as liberty seems to have a bit of dignity, heaping there accolades on there players in person. If there is any jealousy it no doubt consumes you, for you seem to always feel the need to prove you and your club better than all others, But only succeed in proving how little class you and your club actually have in not only your demeanor as spectators and parents, but also as coaches and an organization as a whole. So to make sure you underdeveloped mind understands why I even posted this was the original remark made by a parent "I hear after there dominant performance in the tournament many of the 2020 Curcio team have college commitments." No reference to Liberty or the origin of the authors club affiliation. And this is the Yellow Jacket response " Probably a liberty parent! Sorry your team didn't fare as well. I hope they had fun."Now I am going to go out on a limb here and say that Liberty only cares about the Yellow Jackets in the context of being able to beat them on the field. Liberty does not care about your boastful college commitments or how many games you win. Liberty only cares about Liberty and as a whole , keep there affairs amongst themselves. Almost every girl on Liberty is happy to be there, and those who are not are free to go to other clubs with the best of luck from the club as a whole. So I say in closing if you leave us out of it , we'll leave you out of it. Good luck

Please do not even try that nonsense , you now say you were responding to a comptetly different qoute ,stand behind what you were originally talking about.Now we are to believe the only thing about YJ you care about is beating them on the field yet here you are on the forum about YJ ,that makes a lot of sense.Have not been around girls travel lacrosse very long but your teams do not look very competitive on the field you may want to care more about other things then beating YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a yj parent. I don't scream on the sidelines or boast. There are " difficult " parents on evert club. My daughter is a good player not great. She is on the team that she belongs. It is a competitive club and you need to prove yourself at practice, tournaments, and tryouts. We been with yj for a few years and have to say from what I have seen they are not coached to play diirty. They do play solid defense. I think Liberty and Top Guns are also good clubs. I think some(all clubs) parents get a little overzealous and thin skinned. Enjoy watching the games. Life goes by quickly. We will all be grandparents soon enough. Relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do not even try that nonsense , you now say you were responding to a comptetly different qoute ,stand behind what you were originally talking about.Now we are to believe the only thing about YJ you care about is beating them on the field yet here you are on the forum about YJ ,that makes a lot of sense.Have not been around girls travel lacrosse very long but your teams do not look very competitive on the field you may want to care more about other things then beating YJ.
Please enlighten me as to the post I was responding to seeing as you seem to know me better than I know myself. Yes I am on your thread defending my daughters club, but you still have not shown any proof as to any liberty parent saying anything about the Yellow Jackets within the context of this discussion. E-mail the Sage , he will confirm that no post came from my IP address until a Yellow Jacket parent posted about liberty. and after the diatribe I posted , this is the best response you can come up with?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zullo Twins committed to play at Stony Brook!!! Huge pick up for SB! Great players staying local!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats great news! both girls are extremely talented and JS is a fantastic coach!

Like Reply Quote
S
Sky Walker Dad
Unregistered
Sky Walker Dad
Unregistered
S
I just had my first Yellow Jacket experience... I have to say that I had excellent conversations with YJ parents on the sideline of my daughter's game. I had heard the "rumors" and after seeing it first hand I can honestly say they must be based on a few, that give the masses a bad name.

I was able to watch two YJ Blue vs. Sky Walker Blue ('17 and '18) games. Were they rough and physical games? Absolutelty.... by both teams. The games were hard fought battles that I would love to watch every weekend and I am looking forward to future events.

I am happy to to report that my first experience of the YJ Nation was a positive... just my two cents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Sky Walker Dad
I just had my first Yellow Jacket experience... I have to say that I had excellent conversations with YJ parents on the sideline of my daughter's game. I had heard the "rumors" and after seeing it first hand I can honestly say they must be based on a few, that give the masses a bad name.

I was able to watch two YJ Blue vs. Sky Walker Blue ('17 and '18) games. Were they rough and physical games? Absolutelty.... by both teams. The games were hard fought battles that I would love to watch every weekend and I am looking forward to future events.

I am happy to to report that my first experience of the YJ Nation was a positive... just my two cents!

The "rumors" and all the fuss on this thread was more about one certain team and coach which was an older team than you observed. Yj organization puts out a very tough, physical blue team that makes for great competition for all clubs to measure up to. You can't let the actions of one player, one coach and one team define all the other teams in the organization. To throw compliments back at you, the skywalkers blue teams are among the elite. You guys have a great program there with ultra competitive teams, see you on the fields next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
may i ask why they are a huge pick up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Start? Evaluating kids on this site is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See all lax parents aren't nuts. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "rumors" and all the fuss on this thread was more about one certain team and coach which was an older team than you observed. Yj organization puts out a very tough, physical blue team that makes for great competition for all clubs to measure up to. You can't let the actions of one player, one coach and one team define all the other teams in the organization. To throw compliments back at you, the skywalkers blue teams are among the elite. You guys have a great program there with ultra competitive teams, see you on the fields next summer.

These responses are YJ plants

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be right because all I saw this weekend was yj teams playing other yj teams. Half joking but there did seem like way too many of these games. To spend all the money on tuition fees, travel, hotel etc, then have to deal with parking pass nightmares, shuttle bus drama, powertripping refs, it hardly seems worth the $s. Yj teams can play yj teams on LI. These tournaments are a chance to go out and play other clubs from other places.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You might be right because all I saw this weekend was yj teams playing other yj teams. Half joking but there did seem like way too many of these games. To spend all the money on tuition fees, travel, hotel etc, then have to deal with parking pass nightmares, shuttle bus drama, powertripping refs, it hardly seems worth the $s. Yj teams can play yj teams on LI. These tournaments are a chance to go out and play other clubs from other places.

The tournament you are refrencing is a non championship tournamnet where they don't even keep scores. I am not sure if your team played a YJ team but if in fact the YJs stayed home to play each other who would you play? Not trying to be nasty but if the YJ are not complaining why are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zullo Twins committed to play at Stony Brook!!! Huge pick up for SB! Great players staying local!

Congrats to both Zullo girls JS is going to be lucky to have you!! Lots of 2014's starting to verbal it's nice to see some stay close to home gives the younger girls something to follow!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because th YJ parents are brain washed..

The tournament you are refrencing is a non championship tournamnet where they don't even keep scores. I am not sure if your team played a YJ team but if in fact the YJs stayed home to play each other who would you play? Not trying to be nasty but if the YJ are not complaining why are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to Agree with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were plenty of unhappy YJ parents in Delaware who thought that traveling for the weekend to play each other 2-3 times and then have to listen to TG parents ridicule us for ducking them - not sure which was worse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were plenty of YJ parents who weren't happy to travel to Delaware to play each other 2-3 times and then listen to TG parents ridicule us for ducking them all weekend - not sure which was worse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were plenty of YJ parents who weren't happy to travel to Delaware to play each other 2-3 times and then listen to TG parents ridicule us for ducking them all weekend - not sure which was worse?

If you are not happy you have to make a choice to leave. There are several clubs, one for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ does not schedule the games at ASE tourney. Certainly whatever happened at National Draw stadium field game made a lovely impression and caused some concern. Parents fighting on the sidelines, coaches fighting with BS, BS screaming at YJ parents, YJ coaches screaming at TG parents. As I see it why risk the potential of an altercation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are not happy you have to make a choice to leave. There are several clubs, one for everyone.

What was worse was watching TG coach behaving like a lunatic at referee tent over a non scored game. My YJ had a great weekend Of lax and we did not care who we played rather that the kids were learning and playing. Parking was bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What was worse was watching TG coach behaving like a lunatic at referee tent over a non scored game. My YJ had a great weekend Of lax and we did not care who we played rather that the kids were learning and playing. Parking was bad

Waiting for the next game on a field I watched a yj parent scream at the ref on call after call"what about the push" , " you can't let her get away with that" and on and on. The worst part is that it was a yj vs yj game, guy was embarrassing himself badly, all the rest of the parents were embarassed of him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ does not schedule the games at ASE tourney. Certainly whatever happened at National Draw stadium field game made a lovely impression and caused some concern. Parents fighting on the sidelines, coaches fighting with BS, BS screaming at YJ parents, YJ coaches screaming at TG parents. As I see it why risk the potential of an altercation

which tg/yj game did that happen at? I watched 2017 blue play 2016 topguns and saw both sides with plenty of chippy comments. I didn't see coaches fighting though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not think 2017 teams played against 2016 teams at this tournament...all age groups were separate unless there was a combined age group team...and I do not think either YJ or TG have any combined age group teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, I thought you meant the All Star Express tournament that just passed...I assume you were speaking of the National Draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you're dillusional if you don't think that cr set up the schedule for the tourney, the last thing she needed was all her younger teams getting beat up by tg's a month before they have tryouts for next years teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ and good old CR do have the ability to schedule and make changes to the schedule at some tournaments. Nat Draw and Allstar express being 2 of them . it is so obvious. do not kid yourself . she is ducking the local competition unless she is sure she can beat you. for business reasons .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why are we ducking topguns teams????????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ and good old CR do have the ability to schedule and make changes to the schedule at some tournaments. Nat Draw and Allstar express being 2 of them . it is so obvious. do not kid yourself . she is ducking the local competition unless she is sure she can beat you. for business reasons .

ridiculous to think Maryland tourney directors giving YJ any Consideration in brackets!
YJ could care less who they play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same people who do the scheduling for National Draw do it for the YJ LI Elite Tournament. Coincidence?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same people who do the scheduling for National Draw do it for the YJ LI Elite Tournament. Coincidence?

Just in....6 yellow cards and one red card in loss to sky walkers at U15 Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just in....6 yellow cards and one red card in loss to sky walkers at U15 Nationals.

I am disappointed for the girls to lose this way no doubt. But can the parents on here that were arguing recently during the injuries this team caused finally admit their style of play needs to be addressed and fixed. Don't call it aggressive or tenacious. It's illegal...just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No wrong again that does not happen either samaras schedules ASE and wiener schedules LI elite

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 327 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard