BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 46 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm From Nassau. No love for Mount Sinai ?

Mt Sinai over Ward Melville yesterday 11 - 2.

Why are all the people in Mt Sinai such a**holes? Careful it's rubbing off on your little princesses...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

HE is talking about youth sports if you listened to the video. Even referencing his two daughters soccer. But you are too busy complaining that MS kids are who are better than your kid are playing over her.

Don't forget the

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways) [/quote

Only parents of non starting juniors and seniors like yourself.

Don't worry about me, my 6th grader will take your 8th graders spot in a few years

I'm more worried that someone out there actually categorized people as "parents of non-starters". Are there really "parents of non-starters" and "parents of starters"?? Are there also "parents of captains" and "parents of non-captains"? What about "parents of super-stars" and "parents of stars"? Insane.

Don't forget the "parents of committed players" and "parents of non-committed players"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

HE is talking about youth sports if you listened to the video. Even referencing his two daughters soccer. But you are too busy complaining that MS kids are who are better than your kid are playing over her.

Don't forget the

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways) [/quote

Only parents of non starting juniors and seniors like yourself.

Don't worry about me, my 6th grader will take your 8th graders spot in a few years

I'm more worried that someone out there actually categorized people as "parents of non-starters". Are there really "parents of non-starters" and "parents of starters"?? Are there also "parents of captains" and "parents of non-captains"? What about "parents of super-stars" and "parents of stars"? Insane.

Don't forget the "parents of committed players" and "parents of non-committed players"

Definitely parents of travel kids and non-travel kids - probably the first split that started it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is supposed to be stacked this year.

WM has many above average players. Problem is coaches have to put girls on the field based on talent and skill level, not based on the fact they are upperclassman. Unless changed, they have no chance in winning any titles!
WM has a lot of young talent and some very solid Juniors and seniors as well. Unfortunately coaching and player management have been a problem for years. If they don't win it will not be from lack of talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like Honor students parents vs Regular students parents in our school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM has many above average players. Problem is coaches have to put girls on the field based on talent and skill level, not based on the fact they are upperclassman. Unless changed, they have no chance in winning any titles!
WM has a lot of young talent and some very solid Juniors and seniors as well. Unfortunately coaching and player management have been a problem for years. If they don't win it will not be from lack of talent.

That's about the post I would expect from the parents of the younger WM varsity parents. They think very highly of themselves, daughters, or whatever. Not exactly a pleasant group to be around. Nice to see you throwing upper class players and coaches under the bus. (BTW there's another parent classification you can add to your list).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent who played college lacrosse. I coached to teach all kids how to play a game I loved. I took pride in watching every kid learn to love the game. I also watched in silence as talented kids were turned off to the game by their parents pushing the D-1 commitment angle and burning the kids out. Both boys and girls. Then the Super star 16 year olds who end up playing in college having had their ego's so inflated having an issue playing a support role at major D-1's because all those kids were super stars. Word to wise, let you kid find their way, if they are good enough they will play where they were meant to play. Being great in 8th grade is OK. But be humble it is a long road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent who played college lacrosse. I coached to teach all kids how to play a game I loved. I took pride in watching every kid learn to love the game. I also watched in silence as talented kids were turned off to the game by their parents pushing the D-1 commitment angle and burning the kids out. Both boys and girls. Then the Super star 16 year olds who end up playing in college having had their ego's so inflated having an issue playing a support role at major D-1's because all those kids were super stars. Word to wise, let you kid find their way, if they are good enough they will play where they were meant to play. Being great in 8th grade is OK. But be humble it is a long road.

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are all the people in Mt Sinai such a**hole? Careful it's rubbing off on your little princesses...

Not sure anyone kept score, the scoreboard was off. It was a scrimmage and judging by the quote you assume it was posted by a Mt. Sinai parent?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's some perspective...Over on LaxPower on the Georgia High School thread, there are people arguing over JV results. JV! Jeez

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Too bad its lost on 75% or more of travel parents. They all want their kid to commit in 8th grade and be a Newsday stat leader team be damned (especially "all kids" which means average kids)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's about the post I would expect from the parents of the younger WM varsity parents. They think very highly of themselves, daughters, or whatever. Not exactly a pleasant group to be around. Nice to see you throwing upper class players and coaches under the bus. (BTW there's another parent classification you can add to your list).

For the most part I have not seen any negative comments regarding WM girls program or coaches on this site. I have on occasion noticed someone trying to stir the pot and single out a particular group. I suspect that someone is you.

The players and parents at WM have been frustrated for many years. I would not assume that the parents of the younger players are the most frustrated. The longer you are on the team the worse it gets. There are talented girls at every age group if the coaches cant figure it out it is on them. If you think that playing time should be determined by seniority and not ability you are beyond help.

So go back to pointing fingers and trying to stir the pot because you obviously have a problem with someone. Continue to ignore the facts and the history of this program. No one threw upperclassmen under the bus. They put it on the coaches to figure it out .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, i thought it was a WM parent bragging about the beating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are all the people in Mt Sinai such a**hole? Careful it's rubbing off on your little princesses...

Not sure anyone kept score, the scoreboard was off. It was a scrimmage and judging by the quote you assume it was posted by a Mt. Sinai parent?

I don't have to assume, those people are despicable white trash and their kids look to be following in their footsteps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you have such a negative attitude towards a community and its children. I assume it is based on a perceived bad experience. Very few people were at the scrimmage at all. It was an early season scrimmage, certainly nothing to post about. I hope everyone has a safe and successful season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC moms and dads making sure their ladies will be seeing state action. Have been practicing and working together since May at their own expense. GC is a team in mid-season form at the SHA scrimmage. Don't count SHA out -- and watch them in a month against the Friars. Lots of talent and hungry. Should be a great season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Commack for putting on a great play day! Thought there were a lot of great teams. Smithtown East looked very strong! Any other opinions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Commack for putting on a great play day! Thought there were a lot of great teams. Smithtown East looked very strong! Any other opinions?

WM had a play day as well. Happaugue, Mattituck, SWR, Rocky Point, Hunter, Riverhead. Beautiful fields, very nice day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM had a play day as well. Happaugue, Mattituck, SWR, Rocky Point, Hunter, Riverhead. Beautiful fields, very nice day.

And Long Beach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip also

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harborfields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM play day that included 8 teams..nice day only unfortunate incident was that personal items were stolen out of the WM girls lockers. What happened to honesty and integrity??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM play day that included 8 teams..nice day only unfortunate incident was that personal items were stolen out of the WM girls lockers. What happened to honesty and integrity??

You did say Long Beach was there too, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did say Long Beach was there too, right?

Wow, what sad commentary...you should be ashamed of your self.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lock the lockers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Lock the lockers.

Really?? Spoken from the mouth of someone with a set of morals. How about teaching your girls what is right and wrong!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Half Hollow Hills look? Could not make it there..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any good scrimmages today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington / Northport scrimmage. Northport took it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM also played everyone where Mt. Sinai only plays there starters and the rest of the team are water girls!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone from other schools be in the locker rooms? There were bathrooms by the fields and the concession stand was open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM also played everyone where Mt. Sinai only plays there starters and the rest of the team are water girls!

Yeah we know. The coaches have no idea what they are doing, they best players are the younger ones and if WM don't win states, it is not for lack of talent, its all the coaches fault. This is the message you have been preaching. Maybe Mt. Sinai is just better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]WM also played everyone where Mt. Sinai only plays there starters and the rest of the team are water girls!

This happens at lots of schools in girls lacrosse. Coaches don't sub and then girls are not forced to pass the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah we know. The coaches have no idea what they are doing, they best players are the younger ones and if WM don't win states, it is not for lack of talent, its all the coaches fault. This is the message you have been preaching. Maybe Mt. Sinai is just better.

No on here has preached "the best players are the younger ones". Go slither back under your rock and stop trying to stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Half Hollow Hills look? Could not make it there..

We did ok. Goaltending was as expected. Offense played well with some young girls. Can't really judge the defense because I couldn't figure out what Conn was trying to do offensively. Looked like they were playing Men's lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the first team to get the poor sportsmanship award goes to ......Babylon . Nice job , in a clearly non competitive game that was over before it began you let one kid keep going to the cage , congrats to you on inflating her numbers early in the season . Gotta love the goals to assist ratio . Its going to be a long and ugly year as there are some bad teams out there and apparently a lot of coaches and ADs who are good with rubbing their face in it . Just seems unnecessary and like poor sportsmanship .Hopefully mommy and daddy are so proud that their little one could score so many while getting none of her teammates involved . Before you all write nice job picking on a kid , I don't blame her , I blame her coach and AD as they should know better .Curious to what others think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the first team to get the poor sportsmanship award goes to ......Babylon . Nice job , in a clearly non competitive game that was over before it began you let one kid keep going to the cage , congrats to you on inflating her numbers early in the season . Gotta love the goals to assist ratio . Its going to be a long and ugly year as there are some bad teams out there and apparently a lot of coaches and ADs who are good with rubbing their face in it . Just seems unnecessary and like poor sportsmanship .Hopefully mommy and daddy are so proud that their little one could score so many while getting none of her teammates involved . Before you all write nice job picking on a kid , I don't blame her , I blame her coach and AD as they should know better .Curious to what others think?

I was curious what you were talking about so I checked the game's box score. Babylon won 16-9 and the highest number of goals was scored by a girl on the losing team. A few girls on Islip had the majority of the goals and yet you're picking on one girl. It sounds to me like there's more to this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was curious what you were talking about so I checked the game's box score. Babylon won 16-9 and the highest number of goals was scored by a girl on the losing team. A few girls on Islip had the majority of the goals and yet you're picking on one girl. It sounds to me like there's more to this

That's from Fridays game vs Islip, I think the poster is talking about the game yesterday vs Lindenhurst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the box score has the score at 15-5

Page 7 of 46 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard