BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 46 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

That is exactly why these players will be denied the opportunity that many have gotten in the past because its not about what best for the program or any individual kid but what will be the easy for the administration.

It NEVER should be about what's best for any individual kid (or select group of kids). It's should be about the district, the program and the team. In that order.

That's the exact attitude of all the parents who have a kid that is mediocre. Each kid should play at a level that is best for their development. With your logic they should not have AP classes etc because it wastes resources on only a certain select group. At some point you have to stop with the wait your turn and make decisions based on ability and let each kid be placed at a level that is best for their development.Enough with the politically correct "every kid should get their turn to play varsity" .

Agree!!!! The person who is saying for the "good of the district" has no idea what they are talking about. The district provided experiences to students to enrich them. If a kids is playing below their level is it enriching? What you really mean is for the good of the district means. The good of the loud mouths at the board meeting who think their kids failure to accomplish something whether it be pass an honors class, get into select chorus, make the exceptional gifted and talented programs (music or academics), is someone else fault because they are too good. Shut up and go to a Bernie Sanders rally. I'm not bitter I'm sick of the welfare attitude infesting everything and everyone.

Ahh there it is the new me first lacrosse mentality. I hate that people like you are ruining our sport

Please explain how people like me are destroying the sport? Because I can't stand people whom blame others from their lack of success. According to your logic, if my kid has two nice lacrosse sticks she should give one to your kid because their stick is junk. Bernie 2016, free sh* t for people.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

That is exactly why these players will be denied the opportunity that many have gotten in the past because its not about what best for the program or any individual kid but what will be the easy for the administration.

It NEVER should be about what's best for any individual kid (or select group of kids). It's should be about the district, the program and the team. In that order.

That's the exact attitude of all the parents who have a kid that is mediocre. Each kid should play at a level that is best for their development. With your logic they should not have AP classes etc because it wastes resources on only a certain select group. At some point you have to stop with the wait your turn and make decisions based on ability and let each kid be placed at a level that is best for their development.Enough with the politically correct "every kid should get their turn to play varsity" .

Agree!!!! The person who is saying for the "good of the district" has no idea what they are talking about. The district provided experiences to students to enrich them. If a kids is playing below their level is it enriching? What you really mean is for the good of the district means. The good of the loud mouths at the board meeting who think their kids failure to accomplish something whether it be pass an honors class, get into select chorus, make the exceptional gifted and talented programs (music or academics), is someone else fault because they are too good. Shut up and go to a Bernie Sanders rally. I'm not bitter I'm sick of the welfare attitude infesting everything and everyone.

Ahh there it is the new me first lacrosse mentality. I hate that people like you are ruining our sport

Please explain how people like me are destroying the sport? Because I can't stand people whom blame others from their lack of success. According to your logic, if my kid has two nice lacrosse sticks she should give one to your kid because their stick is junk. Bernie 2016, free sh* t for people.

Because some things are bigger than your kids name in newsday that none of us care about but you. Its a team, school community thing. If your kid is going to get $3,500 a year to play in college earn it on your club team. School teams are different than club teams. Seniors should have the leadership positions and there should be a pecking order. Your comments are exactly why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere in all of HS sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be about this years team first and foremost.... The collection of players you can get for this season... Then the rest... Starting with Succession planning for future years.... District prominence and tradition last

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be about this years team first and foremost.... The collection of players you can get for this season... Then the rest... Starting with Succession planning for future years.... District prominence and tradition last

Are there districts that actually have policies prohibiting pulling up MS kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
---"Because some things are bigger than your kids name in newsday that none of us care about but you. Its a team, school community thing. If your kid is going to get $3,500 a year to play in college earn it on your club team. School teams are different than club teams. Seniors should have the leadership positions and there should be a pecking order. Your comments are exactly why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere in all of HS sports."---

What a bitter, jealous, selfish person you are. You are right, "it's a team school community thing". On a team, the coach should play the best players. The coach should put the team in the best position possible to represent the community. The players who command the respect of their teammates through hard work, commitment, attitude, ability etc.. should have the leadership positions. The pecking order should be determined on the field and it should not have anything to do with what grade the player is in. By the way, the top players get a lot more than $3,500. The reason why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere is people like you. People who think that their kid is owed something. I would be willing to bet that you think that you deserve a pay raise every year even if you do not increase your productivity, improve your performance or become more effective at whatever it is that you do. The whole "Club" thing started because "School" sports took on an "everybody" gets a trophy mentality.
They first started by taking more kids on the team. Then they went to a 5th quarter for the kids that didn't get to play, then they went to "modified" every other quarter plus a 5th quarter so that everyone could play. That mentality is what has ruined school sports.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are there districts that actually have policies prohibiting pulling up MS kids?

Yes, and soon all will likely follow suit. For two reasons:
1) if they're going to win, they will do so with or without 7th graders
2) to avoid the headaches created by doing so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
---"Because some things are bigger than your kids name in newsday that none of us care about but you. Its a team, school community thing. If your kid is going to get $3,500 a year to play in college earn it on your club team. School teams are different than club teams. Seniors should have the leadership positions and there should be a pecking order. Your comments are exactly why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere in all of HS sports."---

What a bitter, jealous, selfish person you are. You are right, "it's a team school community thing". On a team, the coach should play the best players. The coach should put the team in the best position possible to represent the community. The players who command the respect of their teammates through hard work, commitment, attitude, ability etc.. should have the leadership positions. The pecking order should be determined on the field and it should not have anything to do with what grade the player is in. By the way, the top players get a lot more than $3,500. The reason why lacrosse has the worst atmosphere is people like you. People who think that their kid is owed something. I would be willing to bet that you think that you deserve a pay raise every year even if you do not increase your productivity, improve your performance or become more effective at whatever it is that you do. The whole "Club" thing started because "School" sports took on an "everybody" gets a trophy mentality.
They first started by taking more kids on the team. Then they went to a 5th quarter for the kids that didn't get to play, then they went to "modified" every other quarter plus a 5th quarter so that everyone could play. That mentality is what has ruined school sports.

You are insane. I agree with the other guy. I could only imagine standing next to you on the sidelines... frightening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are insane. I agree with the other guy. I could only imagine standing next to you on the sidelines... frightening.

There is always going to be a pecking order but to base it strictly on grade is insane. Should be based on leadership qualities, respect, hard work, communication abilities etc. Just because some kid is older than another does not make them a leader. Just because some kid is older than another should not guarantee them a starting spot. Being a starter , being a captain , being a leader should be earned and not just handed out because you are a senior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You my friend are the worst of the worst, the me first, individual 7th grade verbal got to get mine attitude that have totally screwed with our sport and our sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid is better they play. End of story, stop complaining. MUst be fun sitting next to you complaining how your kids is not playing because a 7th or 8th grader who runs circles around your kid is starting over her. Freaking crybabies.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If a kid is better they play. End of story, stop complaining. MUst be fun sitting next to you complaining how your kids is not playing because a 7th or 8th grader who runs circles around your kid is starting over her. Freaking crybabies.

NO crying, no whining, we cheer for the whole team and understand that our kids wont play in college like MOST kids that play HS lacrosse. People like you make it really hard for us to root for your kid but we know you don't care and that makes you a tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO crying, no whining, we cheer for the whole team and understand that our kids wont play in college like MOST kids that play HS lacrosse. People like you make it really hard for us to root for your kid but we know you don't care and that makes you a tool

Well said. Plus, you kid will be more socially adjusted since they have been around people their age. When I had a freshman playing on varsity - the mental and social changes were amazingly quick. She seems to have grown overnight - I'm not saying grown up or matured since it still takes a little time for proper socialization. That was a freshman with seniors - riding the bus with seniors - talking to seniors about things girls talk about. Then I see this thread and I see the people that are so against "Senior Leadership" because of age and I laugh. I laugh because I think of a 7th grader trying to give advice to a senior or junior about their grades or college recruiting or about boys. I'm seeing with my kids that things have not changed that much since I was their age - the leadership is not just making sure everyone sees the cutters or understands their assignments on the ride. There is leadership in life. I am usually surprised and yet understand why people seem to forget about life - when discussing lacrosse and where their kids are going with it. I guess that part has changed - I remember it as a game that I loved and enjoyed playing with my friends who became my lifelong friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, if you don't mind. What's schools are we specifically talking about? Huntington? ESM? SWR? Based on this thread,These three have documented problems with bringing up 8 the graders on varsity. Are there others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious, if you don't mind. What's schools are we specifically talking about? Huntington? ESM? SWR? Based on this thread,These three have documented problems with bringing up 8 the graders on varsity. Are there others?

Think Sayville as well because there have been posts stating they are bringing up 7th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the non sense who will win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHA put up little resistance to GC yesterday … scrimmage yes, but telling. SHA needs to get it together if they want to compete against St.A's and Kellenberg this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Herm Edwards on playing time. I think this applies to recent conversations here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHA will finish 2nd as they do every year. GC top 5 in the country

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC top five in the country, really? Lets try to win a county championship first.

signed
A Garden City resident

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranked #2 in the Nike poll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They always compete against Kellenberg. Look at non league schedule
Farmingdale Northport Northshore Middle Country CSH. SHA parent, we will never dominate St. Anthony's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah there are definitely others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Herm Edwards on playing time. I think this applies to recent conversations here.

Professional athletes and HS athletes... no relevance, but thanks for posting Herm. That dude is awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranked #2 in the Nike poll

Preseason

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Professional athletes and HS athletes... no relevance, but thanks for posting Herm. That dude is awesome!

He is addressing youth sports, very relevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

HE is talking about youth sports if you listened to the video. Even referencing his two daughters soccer. But you are too busy complaining that MS kids are who are better than your kid are playing over her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HE is talking about youth sports if you listened to the video. Even referencing his two daughters soccer. But you are too busy complaining that MS kids are who are better than your kid are playing over her.

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways)

I have no issue with anything he said and love his candor but if he was an AD in any LI district the parents would run him out of town with pitchforks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm From Nassau. No love for Mount Sinai ?

Mt Sinai over Ward Melville yesterday 11 - 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is supposed to be stacked this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't know the season started already. Great way to open the season. Congrats

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't know the season started already. Great way to open the season. Congrats

It didn't. Scrimmage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only parents of non starting juniors and seniors like yourself.

I have no issue with anything he said and love his candor but if he was an AD in any LI district the parents would run him out of town with pitchforks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmage ok...Congrats on the scrimmage win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always thought a tryout be it club or school should be a blind tryout. Now I am not naive to say people don't know who the players are, but the blind part still must apply... blind to who the players are and what grade they are in... if they can play, they can play. I also think a younger kid that consistently plays better than an older kid (be it marginally or otherwise) gets the playing time and their up side is much bigger and worth investing committing the limited time a HS coach has.

sucks yes but this just wait your turn mentality has got to go (along with my kid is committed or on a top club team... so they need to start as an 8th grader has got to go)... you need to earn your spot.

its called sportsmanship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways) [/quote

Don't worry about me, my 6th grader will take your 8th graders spot in a few years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hysterical that you are comparing PROFESSIONAL sports to HS! But I think that's apropo to how you view your 8th grade daughter .

Listen to what he says Its about being a team and having a Role. Learn to accept your child's role if they want a bigger Role they have to work for it. ( Even if that role is a 8th or 9th grader playing over a Junior or Senior it goes both ways) [/quote

Don't worry about me, my 6th grader will take your 8th graders spot in a few years

I'm more worried that someone out there actually categorized people as "parents of non-starters". Are there really "parents of non-starters" and "parents of starters"?? Are there also "parents of captains" and "parents of non-captains"? What about "parents of super-stars" and "parents of stars"? Insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM is supposed to be stacked this year.

WM has many above average players. Problem is coaches have to put girls on the field based on talent and skill level, not based on the fact they are upperclassman. Unless changed, they have no chance in winning any titles!

Page 6 of 46 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard