BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HOCO without Madlax 2020 in the Elite division has been exposed as a fraud. Can't have an elite division without one of the best 2020 teams in the country.

We're doing just fine without HOCO. Teams are lining up to play us. This league will fold in 2 years tops.

You are completely out of your mind. Madlax 2020 would have a hard time in the 2020B division. They are not even close to an elite team. Madlax 2020 is more like one of the worst teams in the country, or it may just be the worst.

Now just go back to watching cartoons on TV and stay off the computer.

Well we can argue that Madlax 2020 is Elite or not. But they are more then good enough to play in the AA Div. I wish the Owner would of just let them play in the AA Div. They could of won that Div to prove a point. but he did not do that. But we can all bring this topic up at the end of the summer because Madlax 2020 will be playing in 4 top summer tournaments. So the scores and games will be out there for us to argue this topic again then.

They would have been pummeled by VLC 2020 and maybe others.

So you are saying that VLC would pummel Madlax 2020. So if the best players left one of those teams and went to the other we could have one elite team. But fighting over the second Div. not the top sounds like a better plan.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA picked up a few good players this year, and their whole team didn't play in the fall tourney. They're a good team and only have 1 hold back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO without Madlax 2020 in the Elite division has been exposed as a fraud. Can't have an elite division without one of the best 2020 teams in the country.

We're doing just fine without HOCO. Teams are lining up to play us. This league will fold in 2 years tops.

You are completely out of your mind. Madlax 2020 would have a hard time in the 2020B division. They are not even close to an elite team. Madlax 2020 is more like one of the worst teams in the country, or it may just be the worst.

Now just go back to watching cartoons on TV and stay off the computer.

Well we can argue that Madlax 2020 is Elite or not. But they are more then good enough to play in the AA Div. I wish the Owner would of just let them play in the AA Div. They could of won that Div to prove a point. but he did not do that. But we can all bring this topic up at the end of the summer because Madlax 2020 will be playing in 4 top summer tournaments. So the scores and games will be out there for us to argue this topic again then.

They would have been pummeled by VLC 2020 and maybe others.

So you are saying that VLC would pummel Madlax 2020. So if the best players left one of those teams and went to the other we could have one elite team. But fighting over the second Div. not the top sounds like a better plan.

Maybe we will get to see Madlax and VLC play this weekend at Landon during the Spring Madness event on Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someday you'll learn that winning an 8th grade tournament is meaningless. It's about these kids getting better. VLC, Madlax, BW all play in tournaments that get them exposure. Some tournaments are better than others, but all three get their kids plenty of looks from coaches.

That's the point of club lacrosse - improving the kids' abilities and getting them recruited. Nobody cares 2 years from now who won Crabfeast, etc.

There are plenty of good kids out there, especially once they are in HS. No need for some lunatic dad to try to organize all the kids on one team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're completely wrong. Winning an 8th grade tournament is great for the morale of the club and helps bring positive recognition to the club program. Winning tournament history is on every club home page for prospective players to see. The better players are going to gravitate to the winning programs and the programs that can't keep up end up folding. Winning does help attract younger players who are the foundation for the older club teams. Issue is Madlax 2020 doesn't seem to have the ability to attract the strongest 2020 players in the geography. If Madlax 2020 wanted to be able to compete in the elite HOCO league they needed to figure out a better way to attract the top players. You are right, nobody does care about who won an 8th grade tournament in 2yrs, but what does matter is losing games/tournaments detracts the young players from trying out for a losing club.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an uneducated and completely unsupported comment. What are you basing this on? The Madlax website claiming to be one of the best in the country? If Madlax 2020 is so great who have they beaten? How did they do in the NYPLL last year? How did Madlax 2020 do in their own fall tournament?
If Madlax wasn't willing to participate in the play-in against other teams vying for the last HOCO elite spot (NL, Cannons, MDX)they should have just sucked it up and played in the AA division where there's still a lot of competitive and well coached teams.

Madlax came in 6 th place in npyll last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someday you'll learn that winning an 8th grade tournament is meaningless. It's about these kids getting better. VLC, Madlax, BW all play in tournaments that get them exposure. Some tournaments are better than others, but all three get their kids plenty of looks from coaches.

That's the point of club lacrosse - improving the kids' abilities and getting them recruited. Nobody cares 2 years from now who won Crabfeast, etc.

There are plenty of good kids out there, especially once they are in HS. No need for some lunatic dad to try to organize all the kids on one team.

Says the owner of one of the clubs not in this top three.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you're completely wrong. Winning an 8th grade tournament is great for the morale of the club and helps bring positive recognition to the club program. Winning tournament history is on every club home page for prospective players to see. The better players are going to gravitate to the winning programs and the programs that can't keep up end up folding. Winning does help attract younger players who are the foundation for the older club teams. Issue is Madlax 2020 doesn't seem to have the ability to attract the strongest 2020 players in the geography. If Madlax 2020 wanted to be able to compete in the elite HOCO league they needed to figure out a better way to attract the top players. You are right, nobody does care about who won an 8th grade tournament in 2yrs, but what does matter is losing games/tournaments detracts the young players from trying out for a losing club.

I agree Madlax is having trouble getting the best players. I think the crazy owner story has trickled down to all the youth. And now its so old no one really knows the real story so it looks even worse. But the crazy thing about your winning tournaments theory is Madlax 2019 has something like a 900% winning percentage. So using your logic every kid in the 2020 class should want to play for the Madlax program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a crazy story. It might be if it was an isolated case, but that guy has done the same thing to many families. Those families have younger children playing the sport, talk to other families, etc.

Madlax used to be the only game in town and he probably could have gotten away with me. Now there are many similar and better alternatives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a crazy story. It might be if it was an isolated case, but that guy has done the same thing to many families. Those families have younger children playing the sport, talk to other families, etc.

Madlax used to be the only game in town and he probably could have gotten away with me. Now there are many similar and better alternatives.

No better options. Just three watered down options.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends what you are looking for. For college recruiting, BW, FCA and VLC seem to have had more success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends what you are looking for. For college recruiting, BW, FCA and VLC seem to have had more success.

Really I do not think those numbers add up. Well FCA is out of Maryland so throw them out. Black Wolf does have very good numbers. But 99% of there kids came from other clubs and 90% of there kids go to top top private schools. And VLC there is no way they have had more kids from the 2016-2019 classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the schedule for the HOCO league has been out for a week, parents have had a chance to check their schedules to see what games their little darlings can attend. So can you please tell us now when your team's superstars will not be able to make a game so that we do not have to hear about THAT excuse after your teams lose.

For instance. our holdbacks decided that they wanted to take the SAT with their friends from Kindergarten, so the first weekend in May will be tough for us to field a team.

Just get the excuses out of the way now so that we do not have to hear them later.

Cannot wait for the games to begin. Which AA league team should have been in the Elite? Which A/B team has improved from last year (due to puberty kicking in). Which teams were placed in a higher division to get destroyed so that they can get ready for lower summer tournaments. Since this a spring league, the grades of the kids are supposedly known, so no tournament holdbacks (2020 now playing 2021 in summer tourney because they plan on repeating.)

Let the games begin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really I do not think those numbers add up. Well FCA is out of Maryland so throw them out. Black Wolf does have very good numbers. But 99% of there kids came from other clubs and 90% of there kids go to top top private schools. And VLC there is no way they have had more kids from the 2016-2019 classes.

God, you are weird. You are that crazy dad who says the same things over and over again.

Plenty of kids in the DMV play for FCA (as well as Crabs) so FCA is a viable option. Not sure why you post the same garbage about BW over and over again. They have much more than "10% public schools kids" so your facts are wrong. As for kids who come from other clubs, that is meaningless.

BW has a ton of college commits, as does VLC and FCA. But keep giving your money to that lunatic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God, you are weird. You are that crazy dad who says the same things over and over again.

Plenty of kids in the DMV play for FCA (as well as Crabs) so FCA is a viable option. Not sure why you post the same garbage about BW over and over again. They have much more than "10% public schools kids" so your facts are wrong. As for kids who come from other clubs, that is meaningless.

BW has a ton of college commits, as does VLC and FCA. But keep giving your money to that lunatic.

and the BW and Crabs owner are not crazy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you have to attend Calvert Hall to play for FCA? I see a lot of Calvert Hall helmets on the FCA kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA kids from all over. Kelly coaches at CH but many kids go to loyola, several Gilman, McDonough, CH, etc. Great program with strong emphasis on player development and not just about winning at all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA kids from all over. Kelly coaches at CH but many kids go to loyola, several Gilman, McDonough, CH, etc. Great program with strong emphasis on player development and not just about winning at all costs.

What about religious recruiting? I hear some teams really push the praying and other religious activities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about religious recruiting? I hear some teams really push the praying and other religious activities.

I would assume this be the case. And I noticed none of these high school on this list are in NOVA. So how many FCA kids live in VA would you guess?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't speak for all FCA teams but not many VA kids on 2020 team. That's a haul to drive through DC traffic and Baltimore traffic 3/4 times a week. I'd go to Bethesda or Next Level first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you have to attend Calvert Hall to play for FCA? I see a lot of Calvert Hall helmets on the FCA kids.

You don't have to but a lot of kids from fca go to Calvert hall because of BK. Most of the kids in the 2020 class are going to Calvert hall or loyola then a few to gilman

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't speak for all FCA teams but not many VA kids on 2020 team. That's a haul to drive through DC traffic and Baltimore traffic 3/4 times a week. I'd go to Bethesda or Next Level first.

How about Montgomery County kids?
Seems like a long way to go

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very much about winning at all cost, if not they wouldn't bring AA kids down to the A team for tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very much about winning at all cost, if not they wouldn't bring AA kids down to the A team for tournaments.

This guy back again? Let it go...it was one game and the kids were all on age and not dual rostered. We are not even FCA and this is old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to BK and Calvert Hall moving up to #1 Ranked team in nation in the latest Nike/ Lax power rankings. It's early in the season and they have to get through the meat grinder conference of MIAA A but nice recognition so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to BK and Calvert Hall moving up to #1 Ranked team in nation in the latest Nike/ Lax power rankings. It's early in the season and they have to get through the meat grinder conference of MIAA A but nice recognition so far.

And they're ranked #7 by UA/Inside lacrosse behind MIAA teams McDonogh and Loyola as well as Victor and the Hun School. I don't think that the Hill Academy from Canada should be included in these rankings. None of this matters. Most teams have a conference/state title that they are chasing. The national rankings are more for discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have to but a lot of kids from fca go to Calvert hall because of BK. Most of the kids in the 2020 class are going to Calvert hall or loyola then a few to gilman

On the 2020 team you have kids going to Calvert Hall, Loyola, Gilman, St Paul's, Archbishop Spaulding and a few going to public school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update tad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the 2020 team you have kids going to Calvert Hall, Loyola, Gilman, St Paul's, Archbishop Spaulding and a few going to public school.

quite a few who should already be in those schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering 3 of those have Middle Schools...what's your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His point is that 2020 is Eight grade. And Calvert Hall among a few others is 9-12.. many 2020 holdbacks could be attending Calvert Hall now. Instead they are 8th graders ,,It is all about the holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His point is that 2020 is Eight grade. And Calvert Hall among a few others is 9-12.. many 2020 holdbacks could be attending Calvert Hall now. Instead they are 8th graders ,,It is all about the holdbacks

wrong. there is one holdback and not for athletic reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are on FCA. Only 1 holdback on entire 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK 2020 parents, let it all go with the holdbacks, reclass chatter. This will rub you wrong but as a parent of an older player (on age thank you) maybe you need a little insight.

No one will care if these kids are 16 or 13 a few months from now. If your son can't play with someone 1 or even two years older as an 8th grader he's got work to do. This summer your 2020 little sunshine should be able to play with 2019, 2018 and 2017 players. He should be able to hang and contribute. That is what college coaches are looking for.

Most parents of on age players, like me, viewed 8th grade as JV lacrosse and wanted our kids to play these older holdbacks. They are pushing to get on varsity as freshman and need to perform against the older players. It was good for my son to play against the usual suspects a few years ago.

Please stop with the birth certificate and elementary school record checks, you can't rationalize your sons talent, or lack thereof, due to age. It all goes out the window in a few short months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope I ate good at something else, because you are clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK 2020 parents, let it all go with the holdbacks, reclass chatter. This will rub you wrong but as a parent of an older player (on age thank you) maybe you need a little insight.

No one will care if these kids are 16 or 13 a few months from now. If your son can't play with someone 1 or even two years older as an 8th grader he's got work to do. This summer your 2020 little sunshine should be able to play with 2019, 2018 and 2017 players. He should be able to hang and contribute. That is what college coaches are looking for.

Most parents of on age players, like me, viewed 8th grade as JV lacrosse and wanted our kids to play these older holdbacks. They are pushing to get on varsity as freshman and need to perform against the older players. It was good for my son to play against the usual suspects a few years ago.

Please stop with the birth certificate and elementary school record checks, you can't rationalize your sons talent, or lack thereof, due to age. It all goes out the window in a few short months.

Your kid is on age my a$$. Obviously a crabs daddy. Sorry your kid can't compete in high school this year and has to play against 8th graders to stand out. This is the last year your 16 year old 8th grader will be noticed so you better hope he and you pulled the wool over the eyes of Petro, Starsia or one of the other early recruiters. Everyone else will catch up soon...Be ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks RM! Do you have the same excuse for your 2023 team??
Those 5th graders need to play against older kids to get them ready for Middle school?? I was hoping that you had a kindergarten team.I wanted to watch Held back kindergartners (prefirst) beat some on age Kindergartner players. Gotta get them ready for Elementary grade school! Right?

Spin it any way you want Crabby Daddy..Your kids are playing down in Youth lacrosse. Which for anyone but the people like you is wrong for so many reasons..And years ago would be considered less than moral.Go ahead spin away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of funny how people have to make fun of his weight, invent juvenile pejorative names, etc.

His teams break no rules because they are grade based events. My son's teams played the Crabs when youth ball was age based, and they were excellent teams back then as well.

Guess people have to hate when their sons don't win a trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any results from today's games.

Page 3 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard