BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 77 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI controlled every facet of the game--more saves, more f/o's won, more shots taken whether it was at the beginning with projected starters or as the scrimmage wore on with liberal subbing by both sides. FACT. Own it Braves. Stop reading your press and get to work. Syo dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pequa did pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC won the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what were scores of st anthonys / gc game and lynbrook / mass

Massapequa beat Lynbrook 13-2- maybe off by that score a bit. Lost track along the way. Mass played all they're newbies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM v miller place wasn't fun to watch at all. MP small school, WM big, and it showed...not very competitive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky Point beat Sachem East by a decent goal margin. Goalie and defense looked solid and the offense got a boost from a few freshman playing in their first Varsity game. We will see if they stay up all season or go back to JV . The three freshman combined put up at least 3 goals and five assists. (Two middies,one attackman). I think the Coach was surprised by their performance and has more young talent than he realized . If this team cleans up a few things they could have a nice year. I know it was only a scrimmage but it was encouraging to see the boys have some good success! Hope it lasts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pequa looked good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI controlled every facet of the game--more saves, more f/o's won, more shots taken whether it was at the beginning with projected starters or as the scrimmage wore on with liberal subbing by both sides. FACT. Own it Braves. Stop reading your press and get to work. Syo dad.

Worst defensive group we've had in years , the fact you omitted that clearly depicts your identity. You are a controversial distraction so keep your mouth shut and don't post about this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what were scores of st anthonys / gc game and lynbrook / mass

Massapequa beat Lynbrook 13-2- maybe off by that score a bit. Lost track along the way. Mass played all they're newbies.

thank you guys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Freshmen Dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC won the game

That's partly true. With the GC vs. Friars Starters, I actually think Friars had a one/two goal advantage after three quarters. However in the 4Q, GC's 2nd-liners outscored St A's 2nd team. Clean, physical, fast-paced game. GC is better than expected. Biggest surprise is on the defensive end given the poles that graduated. St A's has deep talent, will be interesting to see how they match up vs. the Flyers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? wth are you talking about? "Distraction". Do you differ with the assessment of yesterdays SYO / WI scrimmage? Learn, improve and move forward. DON"T WHINE! It doesn't behoove us. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did HHHW look yesterday. Hoping they took CSH to the woodshed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from WI and watched the game we did beat them but not crushed. Both teams had a lot of turnovers and all players played on both teams. We have a lot of work to do but we have some talent top to bottom and it should be a good year.
I'm looking forward to some tough games ahead.

West Islip crushed Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from WI and watched the game we did beat them but not crushed. Both teams had a lot of turnovers and all players played on both teams. We have a lot of work to do but we have some talent top to bottom and it should be a good year.
I'm looking forward to some tough games ahead.

West Islip crushed Syosset

Above was well said!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC won the game

That's partly true. With the GC vs. Friars Starters, I actually think Friars had a one/two goal advantage after three quarters. However in the 4Q, GC's 2nd-liners outscored St A's 2nd team. Clean, physical, fast-paced game. GC is better than expected. Biggest surprise is on the defensive end given the poles that graduated. St A's has deep talent, will be interesting to see how they match up vs. the Flyers.

If St Anthony's has such "deep talent" why were their 2nd liners pushed around by the 2nd liners on GC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok it seems like most tryouts are over and cuts have been made. What is everyone's opinion on how long do coaches do evaluations before determining where a player is placed (JV or Varsity). If it's a small margin can a decision be made in one week. Any coaches on here please chime in. Do most evaluations go on for 1 week or 2. Once a player is delegated to JV are they given a chance to play Varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches know already...are you serious???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worst defensive group we've had in years , the fact you omitted that clearly depicts your identity. You are a controversial distraction so keep your mouth shut and don't post about this team.

I realize this is a shot at me (an my kid) but I was not the original poster, I never ever go on this site and say anything bad about any players on any team, they are kids, I have commented in the past about parent behavior and sobriety but never about the kids, see you at the scrimmage today - peter

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Ok seems like this is a response to the question about tryouts. So your saying coaches dont put much into tryouts and their decisions are already made?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Ok seems like this is a response to the question about tryouts. So your saying coaches dont put much into tryouts and their decisions are already made?

I would think this is the case. You don't.

Assuming this comment was centered around Fresh & Soph you would think a new coach would have to see those Freshman vs those Sophomores against the Sr's and Jr's. Most notably in skill specific positions (F/O Goalie LSM Lefty Attack) but I think preseason takes care of that.

I also think it depends on a school, the top 5 or so schools per division east or West of 110 know who they have and who is coming in.

That said, any surprises of Freshman making Varsity over Soph (who will remain on JV) or any Fresh Sophs jumping the pecking order on the depth charts so far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming this comment was centered around Fresh & Soph you would think a new coach would have to see those Freshman vs those Sophomores against the Sr's and Jr's. Most notably in skill specific positions (F/O Goalie LSM Lefty Attack) but I think preseason takes care of that.

I also think it depends on a school, the top 5 or so schools per division east or West of 110 know who they have and who is coming in.

That said, any surprises of Freshman making Varsity over Soph (who will remain on JV) or any Fresh Sophs jumping the pecking order on the depth charts so far

ok so a coach has seen players during preseason play and has some knowledge of who is coming in. What about the evaluation of skill specific players. Does this take more time and drills that are done to put those players head to head in similar situations. Faceoff guys I think are easy. Head to head see who wins then game play. I think lefty attack and goalie are a bit more difficult. Unless there are specific drills set up and coaches watching just those players how would they be able to asses a goalie or a lefty attackman. If they played full field live games and put the players in to face same teams that would make more sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Coaches know already...are you serious???

ok so a coach has seen players during preseason play and has some knowledge of who is coming in. What about the evaluation of skill specific players. Does this take more time and drills that are done to put those players head to head in similar situations. Faceoff guys I think are easy. Head to head see who wins then game play. I think lefty attack and goalie are a bit more difficult. Unless there are specific drills set up and coaches watching just those players how would they be able to asses a goalie or a lefty attackman. If they played full field live games and put the players in to face same teams that would make more sense. [/quote

The top teams have coaches who are well aware of which rising players are coming their way. These guys have the players on their radar months even a season before tryouts. Come on let's be real. Pre season, winter practicing, the players on the bubble whether they are freshman or sophs- coaches have a very good idea who they are looking for and if a player is ready- waaaayyyy before tryouts begin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hill Academy is 4-0 this week in Baltimore. They look unbeatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hill Academy is 4-0 this week in Baltimore. They look unbeatable.

Teat is the whole team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

Well, then he's competing on age in MD. I really hope this isn't a MD parent complaining about older kids... That would be rich! The fact is, most of that Hill team is 19, and many are PG's. I would guess some are even just about 20 or already 20. So I ask you? Shouldn't the holdback laden teams from MD be able to compete? NO. You see when you constantly play down, you crumble when you have to play on age competition. Same reason UVA, Hop and UNC are not dominating anymore. Many of their recruits are not panning out for this same reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

To be fair, the kid scored 7 goals against Boys Latin who Im sure have a few 19 year olds of their own. Kid is a great player plain and simple

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

Well, then he's competing on age in MD. I really hope this isn't a MD parent complaining about older kids... That would be rich! The fact is, most of that Hill team is 19, and many are PG's. I would guess some are even just about 20 or already 20. So I ask you? Shouldn't the holdback laden teams from MD be able to compete? NO. You see when you constantly play down, you crumble when you have to play on age competition. Same reason UVA, Hop and UNC are not dominating anymore. Many of their recruits are not panning out for this same reason.

Sorry but I have to challenge your logic here. The MIAA teams play against each other all season so they are not playing down at all, they are playing other teams that have holdbacks, reclasses and PGs so I dont understand where your constantly playing down comment comes from. If youre talking about club ball then your statement makes more sense but lets be honest, the MIAA is one of the toughest lacrosse conferences in the country. I think in this case The Hill Academy just happens to have an exceptional team this year and they are destroying everyone.

As for UVA, Hop and UNC, IMO UNC and UVA have serious coaching concerns, and HOP went to the final four last year and came within a buttend save of going to the championship game. I am not a fan of early recruiting but I think there is more at work with some of the bigger programs than just early recruiting. Come this May its a good bet that the final four will be represented by the usual suspects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates on scrimmages yesterday ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset lost. AGAIN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

The MIAA has been won by a Catholic school 3 of the past 4 years and 5 of the past 10. Please don't lump Calvert Hall, Loyola and St Marys in with BL, Gilman and McDonogh in terms of holdbacks. Those schools encourage re-classing, the Catholic schools don't. They may have a few kids who are older due to academic issues earlier in life or a few who did pre-first but it is not the norm. Calvert Hall and Loyola also have players on the U-19 team who are freshman in college, so on age. When you play the Hill Academy you understand who they are. Many Post grads. Also, at this point in their lives 18 vs 19 really isn't that big of a deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset lost. AGAIN.

I guess that is why they scrimmage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset lost. AGAIN.

Scrimmages are not an accurate indicator of success in the season. It's a chance for coaches to evaluate the whole team, and for the boys to shake the rust off! Syosset will be just fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset lost. AGAIN.

SYO parent ???? Keep hating because your kid isn't playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am trying to find out where the standings are and win loss records from the scrimmages
Last I checked Syo and all the other Long Island schools are 0-0
Also do the give reward for being the best team in June or in March
Enjoy the process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to rationalize it... The team that scored more goals was doing the exact same thing... Eat crow obnoxious Syosset inhabitant...GO Pequa. Go Port.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is great and he is 19

The MIAA has been won by a Catholic school 3 of the past 4 years and 5 of the past 10. Please don't lump Calvert Hall, Loyola and St Marys in with BL, Gilman and McDonogh in terms of holdbacks. Those schools encourage re-classing, the Catholic schools don't. They may have a few kids who are older due to academic issues earlier in life or a few who did pre-first but it is not the norm. Calvert Hall and Loyola also have players on the U-19 team who are freshman in college, so on age. When you play the Hill Academy you understand who they are. Many Post grads. Also, at this point in their lives 18 vs 19 really isn't that big of a deal.

Just FYI - according to what I've read elsewhere, Hill has a player on the roster who had been on the Fall roster at Colgate (yes, that D1 Patriot League college program). I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in any sport but then again I don't follow other sports all that closely. Regardless, it appears to me to break new ground in the "anything goes" wild west of HS lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was 4 to 3 Friars. Not sure how GC won the game? Friars defense looks to be very strong. It wasn't a true reflection anyway. At halftime they were doing drills. Have to say anyone in GC's Publuc school conference will be going against a very formidable opponent. Have a great season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, but we beat Chaminade in a scrimmage last year...

Page 10 of 77 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard