BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think kids staying back a year for privates is going to stop you are a complete idiot. Holdbacks have been happening for 30+ years. Nothing will change in HS. Club lacrosse might change but so far US lacrosse has had no teeth with Clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If youth club lacrosse goes strictly to age based teams then it will definitely have and impact - which is where the real problems lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I seriously doubt that Shriver hates an extra year of tuition when little johnny's parents let him repeat a year so he can play for crabs against younger kids.

News flash. Coach Shriver's last season at BL is 2015.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids will still holdback so that they are a year older when they get to high school. They would just have to play on age in middle school.

The fact is though, US Lacrosse cannot enforce this new rule. How many tournaments these days require you to even have a US Lacrosse number? I welcome the change, but just don't see how it is going to be enforced. Clubs have already started their own tournaments. You think the NLF cares what US Lacrosse wants? You think that Madlax or Matt Hogan or Ryan Mclernan feel like they have to enforce this at their tournaments? Of course not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are no grade based teams they will.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sh-t but he was the coach at BL for the past 36 years. So I think all of the nonsense spewed on this forum that BL is in on the conspiracy with the clubs is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs play and practice at BL. "Home of the Crabs" If you don't think RM doesn't get "something" from BL for the kids that go there and he convinces to reclass than you are either ignorant or naïve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love anonymous message boards where idiots, that have no clue can spout off conspiracy theories. You really need to get a clue if you think BL is paying Crabs kickbacks for steering students to BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love anonymous message boards where idiots, that have no clue can spout off conspiracy theories. You really need to get a clue if you think BL is paying Crabs kickbacks for steering students to BL.

Free practice time is a form of kickback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering the double holdback is transferring out of BL next year, that would seem pretty ridiculous.lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. How many times has your kid gotten cut from Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure RM must be getting something for the 2, 2020 kids going to BL, one of which is transferring out as a previous post suggested. Before you start discrediting my claim of only 2, 2020 crabs players, I will let you know that my son is in the 2020 class at BL. He is not a hold back and plays for another elite team. I am not interested in this whole holdback issue. My son can and does compete with them. I do have an issue with the incorrect statements made due to ignorance or just plain old fabrication. I guess some just need something to complain about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs cheat and RM is a scheister. If BL had any class they would tell him to take his holdback scheme somewhere else. They won't - mo money mo money money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guilty by association...be careful who and what you associate with!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure RM must be getting something for the 2, 2020 kids going to BL, one of which is transferring out as a previous post suggested. Before you start discrediting my claim of only 2, 2020 crabs players, I will let you know that my son is in the 2020 class at BL. He is not a hold back and plays for another elite team. I am not interested in this whole holdback issue. My son can and does compete with them. I do have an issue with the incorrect statements made due to ignorance or just plain old fabrication. I guess some just need something to complain about.

Are u saying that the double holdback is leaving BL for another school. If that is true ..WOW , crazy. all in the name of Lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are u saying that the double holdback is leaving BL for another school. If that is true ..WOW , crazy. all in the name of Lacrosse?

Calvert Hall made him promises that BL wouldn't. He's not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's sad the people do this to their kids -- or even let their kids do it if they want to. These are not professional athletes. What about friendships and having ties to your school community? What are we teaching these kids? Do anything to move ahead? For what? Seriously... for what? Holdback twice, switch high schools, leave your friends, your teachers, your coach. Really sad. And a shame. Kids need security. Ties. Community. Shame on these parents. Because that is who is to blame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor kid. What are his parents thinking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness, he went to prefirst and repeated a grade early in elementary school. He was not held back for athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So instead of paying for lacrosse, the parents should be paying for a tutor. Is Calvert Hall's academics easier than BL's that he can do his school work and the "non-mandatory" practices at the Hall.

with that being said, with Calvert Hall students having two free periods a day where academic help is available, the Hall may be a better fit for him (although I am not sure about BL's schedule) academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH and BL are both considered a joke academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A BL dad told me this kid got offered a full ride to BL. Not sure what more CHC could offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness, he went to prefirst and repeated a grade early in elementary school. He was not held back for athletics.

Slow your roll people. He's a kid. Yes, this may be (yet another) example of lunatic lacrosse parenting, but he's just a boy. Doesn't matter to me if he's good at lacrosse or not...let's all stop this discourse on a kid please. It's beneath even lacrosse parents, which I know is really saying something, but here just stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion hes not worth the full ride. There are a ton of players better and more deserving than him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A BL dad told me this kid got offered a full ride to BL. Not sure what more CHC could offer.

Playing time probably

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid was not offered a full ride.

CHC offered guaranteed spot on Varsity lacrosse and Football as a freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH and BL are both considered a joke academically.

You have no idea what you are talking about. It depends on the kid. If in honors classes BL is one of the most rigorous programs in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion hes not worth the full ride. There are a ton of players better and more deserving than him

My understanding is you still have to have some kind of need to get a full ride. If your family is wealthy I think you can not get a full ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My understanding is you still have to have some kind of need to get a full ride. If your family is wealthy I think you can not get a full ride.

I've heard all kinds of things about BL and Gilman in particular but Calvert Hall has been rumored to jump into this cesspool with full athletic rides. It's what youth sports is all about...right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no " full ride ". It's just something people like to say to make their kid seem extra special. There is full financial aid if a family is very poor and qualifies based on federal/state guidelines. Don't know "so-called" double holdback ' s financial situati on n but maybe they qualified for full financial aid. Also, no guarantee on playing varsity..that will be earned and riding the bench on varsity isn't always best thing for freshmen development. CH football has been on steady decline for past 4 years..doubt they start any freshmen unless kid is at very high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no " full ride ". It's just something people like to say to make their kid seem extra special. There is full financial aid if a family is very poor and qualifies based on federal/state guidelines. Don't know "so-called" double holdback ' s financial situati on n but maybe they qualified for full financial aid. Also, no guarantee on playing varsity..that will be earned and riding the bench on varsity isn't always best thing for freshmen development. CH football has been on steady decline for past 4 years..doubt they start any freshmen unless kid is at very high level.

He was promised varsity for both sports at CH. he's old enough to currently be in 10th grade so he should be on varsity any way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Financial Aid at private schools has nothing to do with Federal and State Guidelines. They are "private" and can therefore do whatever they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poggi gave the OC at Maryland's kid a full ride and he lived in Poggi's house. The private schools can do whatever they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Financial Aid at private schools has nothing to do with Federal and State Guidelines. They are "private" and can therefore do whatever they want.

There wasn't much fact in anything that person said other than that CH football has been on a decline. You are correct. The Privates can do whatever they want in terms of aid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mom and Dads W2 is the biggest factor, period. Kind of like the tax code -- the more you make the more you pay, even if you have a stud athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mom and Dads W2 is the biggest factor, period. Kind of like the tax code -- the more you make the more you pay, even if you have a stud athlete.

Just in: it's Bernie's way. hoco update:
Crabs wins it over Looneys in final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 force is ready for the big game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 force is ready for the big game

Now you sound like 91 Platinum. It will definitely be a Looneys/crabs championship. Everyone else just wants good competitive games and an occasional upset.
The schools can do what they want. It is not based entirely on income if they are using endowment money -especially if being the best in a particular sport was/is important to the endowment source.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much common knowledge but nobody cares as everyone knows the story behind Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless the school really really wants you for sports than negotiations are absolutely possible and the norm .

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 70 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard