BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 77 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I cant wait to hear the bitching in another few years when your now freshman Varsity playing son gets cut to make room for a younger kid. You may say "best kids should play" now, but this will be the reality for some of you down the line. Do you really think you will be alright with that? It is embarrassing and sad to do to a kid who has been a hardworking teammate for 2-3 years.

Someone is sour....most likely any freshMan strong enough to make varsity will not be getting cut as a junior or senior. More likely that kid or kids will be the team leaders by that time. That's the whole point isn't it? Developing a core group for the future of the program. No coach will cut the hardworking players you mention as long as they are strong enough to contribute the team. Wins- that's what it's all about. This is HS not PAL

Actually my son has been on varsity for 4 years at a top program, started for last 3. He's a senior. Some of his friends have lost their starting positions to younger kids that may or may not be better. Last year Jr.s We're cut down to JV to make way for sophomores some who contriuted, others did nothing. It's gamble, but these kids are deeply hurt by some of the decisions made where a young kid may be good, but unproven in his ability to compete against top competition. I say let them wait! Another thing is that it's not special anymore when you have already been playing varsity for 4 years, just another day at the office!

So, When your son was in 9th grade and moved up to varsity (and did not even start)that was a good thing and he deserved it and he was going to be a huge contributor for years to come but now that he is a senior and his friends are losing playing time or getting cut, now it's time to "let them wait" - sort of like a son of immigrants running for president on a no immigrant platform

Mr. Ignorant. No one is running on a no immigrant policy. Trump is running on a no ILLEGAL immigrant policy. Huge difference. Its people like you that put Obama in the White House.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait to hear the bitching in another few years when your now freshman Varsity playing son gets cut to make room for a younger kid. You may say "best kids should play" now, but this will be the reality for some of you down the line. Do you really think you will be alright with that? It is embarrassing and sad to do to a kid who has been a hardworking teammate for 2-3 years.

Someone is sour....most likely any freshMan strong enough to make varsity will not be getting cut as a junior or senior. More likely that kid or kids will be the team leaders by that time. That's the whole point isn't it? Developing a core group for the future of the program. No coach will cut the hardworking players you mention as long as they are strong enough to contribute the team. Wins- that's what it's all about. This is HS not PAL

Actually my son has been on varsity for 4 years at a top program, started for last 3. He's a senior. Some of his friends have lost their starting positions to younger kids that may or may not be better. Last year Jr.s We're cut down to JV to make way for sophomores some who contriuted, others did nothing. It's gamble, but these kids are deeply hurt by some of the decisions made where a young kid may be good, but unproven in his ability to compete against top competition. I say let them wait! Another thing is that it's not special anymore when you have already been playing varsity for 4 years, just another day at the office!

So, When your son was in 9th grade and moved up to varsity (and did not even start)that was a good thing and he deserved it and he was going to be a huge contributor for years to come but now that he is a senior and his friends are losing playing time or getting cut, now it's time to "let them wait" - sort of like a son of immigrants running for president on a no immigrant platform

I can see it now....a BOTC thread for Early Recruiting for High School (7-8 graders). Which HS is an early recruiter???? Which HS waits for kids to get older???? Which HS is using holdbacks??? Which HS has gotten burned by Early Recruiting???. C'mon now...lets get it going....Geez

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a ride by Chaminade today Only to see that the new boys attempting to make the Barsity and JV teams get put in the back of the boys who are already wearing the red helmets saddest part was that some of those boys appeared to be better players then the ones with the red helmets If the coaching is fair they will make the team if it's not then politics wins and it will be a sad day for some good talented boys I hope the coaches open there eyes and do the right thing I'm just glad my son plays for another school Good Luck

The ones without the red helmets are the freshmen and they are all trying out for the JV-B(freshman) team.

unlikely any are ready for varsity at this point (and cham doesn't do that with freshmen anyway)

Why would some freshmen be given Chaminade helmets during tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the most part, any freshman good enough to be brought up to Varsity on a competitive team is probably a D1 commit, soon to be a D1 commit or has the talent to be a very High D3 player. Without question, those kids are never getting cut and will be major contributors to their programs moving forward. These kids are usually big strong kids with equal talent, or very fast athletic kids. In almost all the cases they can compete. Will they take time away from D1 committed Seniors? Doubtful. Will they lead the team in the future? Most likely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the most part, any freshman good enough to be brought up to Varsity on a competitive team is probably a D1 commit, soon to be a D1 commit or has the talent to be a very High D3 player. Without question, those kids are never getting cut and will be major contributors to their programs moving forward. These kids are usually big strong kids with equal talent, or very fast athletic kids. In almost all the cases they can compete. Will they take time away from D1 committed Seniors? Doubtful. Will they lead the team in the future? Most likely.

Is it true some very talented Chaminade freshmen last year, who DID NOT make the team, left the school, went back to there local high schools and played varsity there?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a ride by Chaminade today Only to see that the new boys attempting to make the Barsity and JV teams get put in the back of the boys who are already wearing the red helmets saddest part was that some of those boys appeared to be better players then the ones with the red helmets If the coaching is fair they will make the team if it's not then politics wins and it will be a sad day for some good talented boys I hope the coaches open there eyes and do the right thing I'm just glad my son plays for another school Good Luck

The ones without the red helmets are the freshmen and they are all trying out for the JV-B(freshman) team.

unlikely any are ready for varsity at this point (and cham doesn't do that with freshmen anyway)

Why would some freshmen be given Chaminade helmets during tryouts?

they weren't... more likely the kids played for a red team in the past. all stickers off the helmets.

maybe a small few might have had an older brother's helmet from cham but again, no stickers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. Ignorant. No one is running on a no immigrant policy. Trump is running on a no ILLEGAL immigrant policy. Huge difference. Its people like you that put Obama in the White House.

Mr. Ignoranter - the reference was to Rubio who is a son of immigrants not Trump who is a son of a ^&*#@ and from all the "people like us" ...your welcome for Obama

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. Ignoranter - the reference was to Rubio who is a son of immigrants not Trump who is a son of a ^&*#@ and from all the "people like us" ...your welcome for Obama

Please, No!

i'm gonna cry if is see these two posters start writing on politics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't even believe you guys comment on this stuff !, The drove by person.....obviously meant he stopped and watched the practice ....Looks like someone wants to pick a fight with him now... Childish response .... I love the call 911 comment too OMG seriously the people reading these thing can't take criticism If you know anything about Chaminade practice Jv and Fresh don't even and Varsity doesn't practice right off of Jericho turnpike
It's not creepy scary or twisted Its a comment if they were there at all Maybe they just want to get you going And it worked that could be his hobby concentrate on the young men having fun and playing for their school Enjoy the day

I agree with creepy!! Would not want some strange adult hanging out on school grounds.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Please no politics

Last edited by America's Game; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a recruiter hence adult / young man not a father or parent of one of the players is hanging out watching the practice / game "" Your label " creepy Or you go to a game Hockey Baseball Football your hanging out you go to pre-season practice major league your hanging out watching Sorry I really don't see much of a difference here Did he ask the boys if they wanted some candy No did he approach them No Whats this world coming too ......Sports are meant to be watched be it practice or a game .....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a recruiter hence adult / young man not a father or parent of one of the players is hanging out watching the practice / game "" Your label " creepy Or you go to a game Hockey Baseball Football your hanging out you go to pre-season practice major league your hanging out watching Sorry I really don't see much of a difference here Did he ask the boys if they wanted some candy No did he approach them No Whats this world coming too ......Sports are meant to be watched be it practice or a game .....

Creepy is using /," and ..... but not using a comma. And a recruiter has a role at an event same as a score keeper, ref or spectator where as all of them would be out of place at a practice / tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the 9th and 10th graders that made their Varsity teams this year..Parents should be proud of their kids I'm sure it took a lot of hard work on your kids end. You will have parents jealous ..Been there done that .but just worry about your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have any recommendations for a summer league in Nassau inbetween High School and Freshman year of college? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages start tomorrow wooohoo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah Tobay Beach and girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it the kids talent, or parents kissing [lacrosse]?, and playing the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the 9th and 10th graders that made their Varsity teams this year..Parents should be proud of their kids I'm sure it took a lot of hard work on your kids end. You will have parents jealous ..Been there done that .but just worry about your kid

Same goes for those 8th graders. Keep your head on a swivel and enjoy the ride. Looking forward to hearing all the neah sayers on this one. If you can play you can play regardless if prominent team or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th grader,how old is he 16,any kid can catch and dump in some goals in blow out games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th grader,how old is he 16,any kid can catch and dump in some goals in blow out games

My son played varsity in 8th grade and was 14 years old, good lacrosse town (played in county championship that year) he played in 1st quarter of games not at end of blowouts. each situation is unique based on team needs, players ability, maturity and physical development. I will never know if he would have developed better as a JV player for a year or two and maybe he would have but it is very hard to judge a kid a family or a coaches decision based on what you read on a web site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, and Cindy Crawford is in my hot tub right now with a cold one, waiting for me to get home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good list of today's preseason scrimmages on Long Island:

St. Anthony's at Garden City 4:30 PM
Syosset at West Islip 3:45 PM
Half Hollow Hills West at Cold Spring Harbor 3 PM
Massapequa at Lynbrook 4:15 PM
Harborfields at Huntington 3:30 PM
Ward Melville at Miller Place 3:30 PM
Rocky Point at Sachem East 3:30 PM
Shoreham-Wading River at Smithtown East 3:30 PM
Sayville at Half Hollow Hills East 3:30 PM
Eastport-South Manor at Sachem North 4 PM
Farmingdale at Chaminade 4 PM
Commack at Elwood-John Glenn 4 PM
Northport at Wantagh 4 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will see. This year there will be a 50+ point 8th grader, last year 30 point, two years before that 10-15. Don't care who the comp is and not in meaningless minutes. The pull ups are mostly need based, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the boys perform as asked. I doubt their opponents ever even knew they were 8th graders or still 13. Some of these kids learn early the key to winning is playing as a team player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. And he will be playing for Bay shore and St. A's next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, let me explain "creepy" to you....an adult who watches the Chaminade tryouts--not a father/mother/brother mind you, just an interested party (I am guessing). Then that adult comes on the BOTC the next day and posts about what he witnessed while driving past Chaminade on tryout day. So an adult person, with NO relations to any of the boys trying out, watches enough of the tryouts to comment about all he saw the day before? guessing either standing away from the action looking through the fence?
Ok, lets say maybe its not Creepy. But wth kind of life do you not have to do that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha...well put!! now maybe the mommy can own up to having a kid trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. And he will be playing for Bay shore and St. A's next year.

And ALWAYS a bad idea to post your stats before they happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How games go today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip crushed Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good list of today's preseason scrimmages on Long Island:

St. Anthony's at Garden City 4:30 PM
Syosset at West Islip 3:45 PM
Half Hollow Hills West at Cold Spring Harbor 3 PM
Massapequa at Lynbrook 4:15 PM
Harborfields at Huntington 3:30 PM
Ward Melville at Miller Place 3:30 PM
Rocky Point at Sachem East 3:30 PM
Shoreham-Wading River at Smithtown East 3:30 PM
Sayville at Half Hollow Hills East 3:30 PM
Eastport-South Manor at Sachem North 4 PM
Farmingdale at Chaminade 4 PM
Commack at Elwood-John Glenn 4 PM
Northport at Wantagh 4 PM

Saw the post about WI v Syo. What about the others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only scrimmages. Let's not get crazy here. Most of these teams play a lot of backups to see what they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a surprise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only a scrimmage,so last year against Chaminade was only a scrimmage. But Syosset went on and on about the beat down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
West Islip crushed Syosset

12-8 is a crush plus it was a scrimmage!!! Relax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only a scrimmage,so last year against Chaminade was only a scrimmage. But Syosset went on and on about the beat down.

LMAO!!!!! This is great!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played varsity in 8th grade and was 14 years old, good lacrosse town (played in county championship that year) he played in 1st quarter of games not at end of blowouts. each situation is unique based on team needs, players ability, maturity and physical development. I will never know if he would have developed better as a JV player for a year or two and maybe he would have but it is very hard to judge a kid a family or a coaches decision based on what you read on a web site.

OK, this is wrong, my son is 15 and is a 10 grader, yes Varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, this board went on and on about it, like everything else. This board will continue to go on and on about WI beating SYO too.

That's just the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what were scores of st anthonys / gc game and lynbrook / mass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO!!!!! This is great!!!!

Phenomenal. Amazing how Syosset parents downplay about losing in a scrimmage to West Islip this year when last year they couldn't stop chirping all season about outscoring Chaminade in a preseason scrimmage. Gotta love it.

Page 9 of 77 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard