BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 75 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by MKVELE
Are you really trying to say that army has a successful womens lax program already ? Glad they got a couple wins but are a long way from being considered competitive with any descent team and it will be a struggle for them to ever become so . Takes a unique kid to want to go thru that especially on the girls .
OK you're kidding right, is your reading comprehension so low that you didn't understand either post.No one said Army has a "successful" program so what are you talking about. One poster said they won a couple, I said that there an option to play at. where did you get a Successful program from that whats your agenda

Because you have elected to respond in such a douchy manner I will now make it a point to respond to your posts pointing out what seems to be in general a very ignorant view .
"SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army"
Now my agenda will simply be to point out what a moron you are.Your anti YJ,anti SB, anti Spallina agenda is obvious.
I don't know why you have a problem with me, but I now see your agenda.

The SB comment was meant this way (seeing as you couldn't figure it out yourself), SB not being a traditional powerhouse gave good players an alternative place to play and excel, which they have, as opposed to sitting on a bench fighting for a spot. Elon, Army, High Point, also examples of the same situation, and have surprised some people, but will not surprise anyone next year.

I have only ever said the woman at SB are playing well and never disparaged any of them, and I have never said anything about the YJ. I have stated my dislike for JS, but that is my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the guy and think he's over rated so what, how does that effect your life, why do you care are you the head of the Joe Spallina fan club, do you get paid by the amount of people that like him, I'm confused

You are very hostile, and maybe seek some help to calm down a bit, relax I'm a nobody that is beneath you right

Way to go Einstein, you now know what my agenda is after I told you what it is. Lets take a guess where your point of view is coming from. Your daughter is either going to or committed to a school that is not considered to be a top 20 lacrosse program ( good for her its nothing to be so angry about). The so called better lacrosse programs had little interest including SB and it just drives you crazy. Parity, sorry every year people come on here and say the same thing then the final four will have Syracuse , UNC, MD, NW, as 3 of the teams , throw FL in there now and you can say parity all you want and pretend that so many teams have a realistic shot at winning it all but its just not true.
Relax, playing at those schools is not for everyone , it wasn't for my kid for many reasons. The thing is I don't pretend its because my daughters program has now risen to be their equal and hate on a local program and its coach because of their success.
OK so your daughter goes to Stony Brook, good for her, I hope she does well. I truly hope she's one of the girls that get playing time because everyone knows that JS has his favorites and thats who plays. But seriously good luck to her. It also explains your silly statement about the YJ's. Your right about only 5 teams winning national title. I have to believe that, just like SB did, other schools will start making there mark on the sport and pushing there way closer to Memorial Day. But remember SB isn't unique in this, Loyola was the same way to name another, they had there run but are now struggling. James Madison is another. As far as my daughter goes, I will never let anyone on this thread know where she goes, not because I'm embarrassed, or because I don't think she is good enough. Believe me I am extremely proud of my daughter and the choices, and sacrifices she has made, but rather because to us it is an extremely personal thing. The only clue you will get is that this will not be the first program she has helped to succeed from a lesser situation, just like yours. Please understand that hating me because I dislike JS is just silly. I have my reasons and if you knew what they were even you would understand. As far as the season for SB goes you have USC, Del, Stanford and the Hop left. You need to sweep to be considered for an at large IF you should lose to Albany in AE. Lose 2 of them and you're will probably rank under 20

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really trying to say that army has a successful womens lax program already ? Glad they got a couple wins but are a long way from being considered competitive with any descent team and it will be a struggle for them to ever become so . Takes a unique kid to want to go thru that especially on the girls .
OK you're kidding right, is your reading comprehension so low that you didn't understand either post.No one said Army has a "successful" program so what are you talking about. One poster said they won a couple, I said that there an option to play at. where did you get a Successful program from that whats your agenda

Because you have elected to respond in such a douchy manner I will now make it a point to respond to your posts pointing out what seems to be in general a very ignorant view .
"SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army"
Now my agenda will simply be to point out what a moron you are.Your anti YJ,anti SB, anti Spallina agenda is obvious.
I don't know why you have a problem with me, but I now see your agenda.

The SB comment was meant this way (seeing as you couldn't figure it out yourself), SB not being a traditional powerhouse gave good players an alternative place to play and excel, which they have, as opposed to sitting on a bench fighting for a spot. Elon, Army, High Point, also examples of the same situation, and have surprised some people, but will not surprise anyone next year.

I have only ever said the woman at SB are playing well and never disparaged any of them, and I have never said anything about the YJ. I have stated my dislike for JS, but that is my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the guy and think he's over rated so what, how does that effect your life, why do you care are you the head of the Joe Spallina fan club, do you get paid by the amount of people that like him, I'm confused

You are very hostile, and maybe seek some help to calm down a bit, relax I'm a nobody that is beneath you right

Way to go Einstein, you now know what my agenda is after I told you what it is. Lets take a guess where your point of view is coming from. Your daughter is either going to or committed to a school that is not considered to be a top 20 lacrosse program ( good for her its nothing to be so angry about). The so called better lacrosse programs had little interest including SB and it just drives you crazy. Parity, sorry every year people come on here and say the same thing then the final four will have Syracuse , UNC, MD, NW, as 3 of the teams , throw FL in there now and you can say parity all you want and pretend that so many teams have a realistic shot at winning it all but its just not true.
Relax, playing at those schools is not for everyone , it wasn't for my kid for many reasons. The thing is I don't pretend its because my daughters program has now risen to be their equal and hate on a local program and its coach because of their success.
OK so your daughter goes to Stony Brook, good for her, I hope she does well. I truly hope she's one of the girls that get playing time because everyone knows that JS has his favorites and thats who plays. But seriously good luck to her. It also explains your silly statement about the YJ's. Your right about only 5 teams winning national title. I have to believe that, just like SB did, other schools will start making there mark on the sport and pushing there way closer to Memorial Day. But remember SB isn't unique in this, Loyola was the same way to name another, they had there run but are now struggling. James Madison is another. As far as my daughter goes, I will never let anyone on this thread know where she goes, not because I'm embarrassed, or because I don't think she is good enough. Believe me I am extremely proud of my daughter and the choices, and sacrifices she has made, but rather because to us it is an extremely personal thing. The only clue you will get is that this will not be the first program she has helped to succeed from a lesser situation, just like yours. Please understand that hating me because I dislike JS is just silly. I have my reasons and if you knew what they were even you would understand. As far as the season for SB goes you have USC, Del, Stanford and the Hop left. You need to sweep to be considered for an at large IF you should lose to Albany in AE. Lose 2 of them and you're will probably rank under 20

JS is getting what he deserves! He loves to run around bragging, only plays a small number of girls, and is not humble at all. We and US are losing games, bottom line!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually she doesn't play at SB which was clear in the above post but PLEASE stop with your reasoning for hating SB coach It makes the rest of your posts impossible to read. Btw teams like SB and Loyola and jmu are non BIG conference schools that venture out to play tough schedules good for them. SB losing to Florida and or northwestern by one goal and beating them the year before is a place I am sure NO one thought was possible pre JS. As for Loyola they had a fantastic year last year graduated some pieces got off to a tough start by have beaten UVA and Hokins recently. That's the difference the floridas Marylands etc reload with the top of the top prospects while the loyolas Stony Brooks etc build within. I will say you sit on your perch and take shots at people then back peddle off them yet won't disclose where your daughter plays or has transferred from. Get over it! You have some great posts but ruin them with your dislikes. Let's help make this a positive informative board. Shots at programs players or coaches makes it all a tough read

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Actually she doesn't play at SB which was clear in the above post but PLEASE stop with your reasoning for hating SB coach It makes the rest of your posts impossible to read. Btw teams like SB and Loyola and jmu are non BIG conference schools that venture out to play tough schedules good for them. SB losing to Florida and or northwestern by one goal and beating them the year before is a place I am sure NO one thought was possible pre JS. As for Loyola they had a fantastic year last year graduated some pieces got off to a tough start by have beaten UVA and Hokins recently. That's the difference the floridas Marylands etc reload with the top of the top prospects while the loyolas Stony Brooks etc build within. I will say you sit on your perch and take shots at people then back peddle off them yet won't disclose where your daughter plays or has transferred from. Get over it! You have some great posts but ruin them with your dislikes. Let's help make this a positive informative board. Shots at programs players or coaches makes it all a tough read
Seems to me the only person having a hard time with my posts is you. You are a typical venom spewing lacrosse parent that hates anyone that doesn't subscribe to your opinion. The only person I said I dislike or have said anything negative about,is JS and the only one that seems to take offense to it is you.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You JS haters make me laugh. What coach doesn't play his favorites which equal best players. College is not high school. Maybe you should get on with your lives.

The good news for the coach is that no one hates the mediocre ones. Just the great ones. Talk is good, whether it is bad or good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many teams go beyond 15 kids in a game if you look so it isn't uncommon. I have to say it annoys me as well and I'm not a hater or supporter. You've told everyone you dislike him move on It's the fact you keep reverting back to it. We get it move on and everyone is happy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy
Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern
6. wait there is no one els list done

Nope ... that poster is not the only one that has a problem with you. You attacked a specific student-athlete on this thread. As a reminder here it is, post #153330. Then you complained to the Moderator that people were attacking YOUR daughter and Mod dutifully edited out those general statements about your daughter who nobody knows. Mod, I believe you ought to have kicked this guy off the site for the post above. Many on Long Island know exactly who he is talking about. An amazing young woman btw. What kind of person specifically attacks a young woman on this site, and then turns around and screams at the response?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems to me the only person having a hard time with my posts is you. You are a typical venom spewing lacrosse parent that hates anyone that doesn't subscribe to your opinion. The only person I said I dislike or have said anything negative about,is JS and the only one that seems to take offense to it is you.

Looks like you MKVELE is the "typical venom spewing lacrosse parent that hates anyone that doesn't subscribe to your opinion."

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy
Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

Nope ... that poster is not the only one that has a problem with you. You attacked a specific student-athlete on this thread. As a reminder here it is, post #153330. Then you complained to the Moderator that people were attacking YOUR daughter and Mod dutifully edited out those general statements about your daughter who nobody knows. Mod, I believe you ought to have kicked this guy off the site for the post above. Many on Long Island know exactly who he is talking about. An amazing young woman btw. What kind of person specifically attacks a young woman on this site, and then turns around and screams at the response?

Who is this guy? Is it that registered angry dude?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

So what you make 2, believe me if the moderators thought I was wrong they would,t have edited the post. How would you react if someone attacked your daughter over YOUR opinion. I said nothing about the player prior to you\them attacking my daughter, should I just lay down and accept your attack because of the jersey your daughter wears. So moderators take down my response also since the thin skinned can't take there own medicine. Ban me because they said so if thats what you think should happen. What kind of person attacks a young woman on this site.... apparently you and your friends, you just don't expect people to fight back

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mkvele attacked another girl on a previous post

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I better not see anyone Attack any girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about SB loosing 3 in a row? Coach??

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
who. since your so good at quoting posts, quote on where I attacked, or singled out any girl prior to post #153330

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

So what you make 2, believe me if the moderators thought I was wrong they would,t have edited the post. How would you react if someone attacked your daughter over YOUR opinion. I said nothing about the player prior to you\them attacking my daughter, should I just lay down and accept your attack because of the jersey your daughter wears. So moderators take down my response also since the thin skinned can't take there own medicine. Ban me because they said so if thats what you think should happen. What kind of person attacks a young woman on this site.... apparently you and your friends, you just don't expect people to fight back

Why are so angry? I didn't read that anyone was knocking your daughter? You keep bashing top programs and come across high and mighty but you know it's really not hard to figure out who you are an where your daughter plays.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

Why are so angry? I didn't read that anyone was knocking your daughter? You keep bashing top programs and come across high and mighty but you know it's really not hard to figure out who you are an where your daughter plays.
go ahead name us both

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope ... that poster is not the only one that has a problem with you. You attacked a specific student-athlete on this thread. As a reminder here it is, post #153330. Then you complained to the Moderator that people were attacking YOUR daughter and Mod dutifully edited out those general statements about your daughter who nobody knows. Mod, I believe you ought to have kicked this guy off the site for the post above. Many on Long Island know exactly who he is talking about. An amazing young woman btw. What kind of person specifically attacks a young woman on this site, and then turns around and screams at the response? [/quote]So what you make 2, believe me if the moderators thought I was wrong they would,t have edited the post. How would you react if someone attacked your daughter over YOUR opinion. I said nothing about the player prior to you\them attacking my daughter, should I just lay down and accept your attack because of the jersey your daughter wears. So moderators take down my response also since the thin skinned can't take there own medicine. Ban me because they said so if thats what you think should happen. What kind of person attacks a young woman on this site.... apparently you and your friends, you just don't expect people to fight back [/quote]

Why are so angry? I didn't read that anyone was knocking your daughter? You keep bashing top programs and come across high and mighty but you know it's really not hard to figure out who you are an where your daughter plays. [/quote]go ahead name us both [/quote]

You are TG, daughter position DELETEDgood enough?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who. since your so good at quoting posts, quote on where I attacked, or singled out any girl prior to post #153330

So you know this is a different person who thinks you are an idiot the one who told you about his agenda.Your above post should read " show me where I have been a [lacrosse] prior to being a [lacrosse] ". The fact that you singled out or attacked any girl on here and you know it but refuse to apologize for it tells everyone what they need to know about you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you didn't. and nobody said anything about your daughter prior to you attacking that girl and her mother. So if you don't want people going after you, don't incite it. It is absolutely ridiculous to do something like that, and then turn around and complain when it comes back to bite you. I am moving on ... you should too.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
uh no

So what you make 2, believe me if the moderators thought I was wrong they would,t have edited the post. How would you react if someone attacked your daughter over YOUR opinion. I said nothing about the player prior to you\them attacking my daughter, should I just lay down and accept your attack because of the jersey your daughter wears. So moderators take down my response also since the thin skinned can't take there own medicine. Ban me because they said so if thats what you think should happen. What kind of person attacks a young woman on this site.... apparently you and your friends, you just don't expect people to fight back [/quote]

Why are so angry? I didn't read that anyone was knocking your daughter? You keep bashing top programs and come across high and mighty but you know it's really not hard to figure out who you are an where your daughter plays. [/quote]go ahead name us both [/quote]

You are TG, daughter position DELETEDgood enough? [/quote]wrong, and for the rest of you the post attacking my daughter was deleted But seeing as the moderators wont speak up her I will paraphrase the poster called my daughter stupid, and untalented etc... all because I didn't list NU in a list. s moderators put the post back up let these people see it I never asked for you to take it down or edit it

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
uh no

You are TG, daughter position DELETEDgood enough? [/quote]wrong, and for the rest of you the post attacking my daughter was deleted But seeing as the moderators wont speak up her I will paraphrase the poster called my daughter stupid, and untalented etc... all because I didn't list NU in a list. s moderators put the post back up let these people see it I never asked for you to take it down or edit it [/quote]

I don't care what you did or didn't ask for. I deleted it because I wanted to. You need to stop with all of your anger and attacks. It's getting old already and you are annoying everyone including me. I honestly feel sorry for your daughter. Maybe you need a little rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC looks like the real deal. Young Jedi has learned well. With a great pipeline of recruits (KM and others) they could be the team to break the 5 in 20 years as Champs. Would be quite the story. Great player turned coach takes a non-hotbed school from nothing to National Championship in 4 years. Sound familiar?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division I, March 14
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Maryland 5-0 400 20 1
2 Florida 8-0 377 2
3 Syracuse 6-2 352 3
4 North Carolina 5-2 349 4
5 Notre Dame 8-1 308 6
6 Louisville 7-1 274 5
7 Princeton 4-1 271 7
8 Penn State 6-1 251 9
9 Virginia 4-4 239 8
10 Northwestern 3-3 221 11
11 Stony Brook 2-2 198 10
12 Southern California 4-0 194 12
13 Duke 5-4 149 15
14 Stanford 4-1 138 13
15 Boston College 5-3 111 14
16 Penn 5-1 109 16
17 Towson 6-0 81 18
18 Ohio State 6-1 64 17
19 Johns Hopkins 5-3 41 19
20 Massachusetts 5-1

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division II, March 14
1 Adelphi 3-0 400 20 1
2 Le Moyne 3-0 378 2
3 Lindenwood 7-0 352 3
4 LIU Post 3-1 339 5
5 Rollins 6-0 317 6
6 New Haven 2-1 309 4
7 Lock Haven 4-0 249 8
8 West Chester 4-0 237 9
9 Grand Valley State 2-3 233 11
10 Florida Southern 5-2 222 12
11 Mercyhurst 3-1 216 10
12 Limestone 5-1 210 7
13 Dowling 3-1 138 16
14 Queens 5-1 128 14
15 Stonehill 1-1 110 13
16 Regis (CO) 4-1 95 18
17 Seton Hill. 1-3 90 15
18 Bentley 1-2 82 19
19 Mount Olive 7-2 48 17
20 Saint Anselm 1-0

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
IWLCA Poll for Division III, March 14
1 Cortland 4-0 400 20 1
2 Franklin & Marshall 4-0 368 3
3 Trinity (CT) 4-0 358 2
4 Middlebury 4-0 343 4
5 Gettysburg 5-0 314 6
6 College of NJ. 4-0 309 5
7 Salisbury 5-1 287 7
8 [lacrosse] 4-2 254 8
9 Tufts 2-1 218 10
10 Colby 1-1 187 11
11 Hamilton 2-1 176 13
12 Amherst 1-1 161 9
13 Messiah n n. 3-2 146 14
14 St. John Fisher 4-0 145 15
15 Mary Washington 8-0 125 16
16 Bates 5-0 110 NR
17 Bowdoin 1-2 62 12
18 Washington College 3-0 52 19
19 Brockport 4-0 51 19
20 Union 1-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC looks like the real deal. Young Jedi has learned well. With a great pipeline of recruits (KM and others) they could be the team to break the 5 in 20 years as Champs. Would be quite the story. Great player turned coach takes a non-hotbed school from nothing to National Championship in 4 years. Sound familiar?

Lots of teams look good on paper. Getting a good recruit doesn't equal a championship. Cuse and Florida continually bring in top recruits and only have a sniff to show for it and they bring them in on teams that are close to begin with. Would love to see her do it, just highly skeptical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of teams look good on paper. Getting a good recruit doesn't equal a championship. Cuse and Florida continually bring in top recruits and only have a sniff to show for it and they bring them in on teams that are close to begin with. Would love to see her do it, just highly skeptical.

They r putting up a lot of goals. 14 against Stony Brook is impressive when Florida and NU could only muster 7. They r pretty darn good. Not saying they r there yet, but on the way to some pretty good things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They r putting up a lot of goals. 14 against Stony Brook is impressive when Florida and NU could only muster 7. They r pretty darn good. Not saying they r there yet, but on the way to some pretty good things.

they play up tempo with limited stall they are going to be in good shape with the shot clock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a nice dream, but it aint happening this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has come a long way in a short amount of time but jumping up to the next level with the best ACC schools, Florida,and Maryland is a big feat. The PAC 12 conference will not give them the level of competition they need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a nice dream, but it aint happening this year

Top 5 again this year, sorry everyone else is a wannabe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has come a long way in a short amount of time but jumping up to the next level with the best ACC schools, Florida,and Maryland is a big feat. The PAC 12 conference will not give them the level of competition they need.
Don't sleep on Stanford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't sleep on Stanford.

Please. Sleep away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has done a nice job but I don't think they are in the top 10 and will struggle to get there. I will believe more in them when they win that big one on the road . I am also curious how much some of these teams are impacted by the travel and California experience when they go to the left coast to play . Hopefully their success will have an impact on lax in general in Cali but watching a few of the games it looked like they had about 10 fans in attendance . Their schedule is pretty weak so the true test will come at the end of the season .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has great weather and actually a pretty easy travel schedule with about 4 plane rides so even though their attendance is low I think they will still be attractive to players.

Watching the Denver men win it all really expanded the geographic footprint of the sport but on the girls side they have a terrible schedule with 8 or more plane trips.

The travel is a big deal especially when its added on to the 5 or 6 hours the teams are already together everyday. Every time you jump on a plane its 2 days of school. And this is why girls are guided to certain majors. It isn't for everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USC has great weather and actually a pretty easy travel schedule with about 4 plane rides so even though their attendance is low I think they will still be attractive to players.

Watching the Denver men win it all really expanded the geographic footprint of the sport but on the girls side they have a terrible schedule with 8 or more plane trips.

The travel is a big deal especially when its added on to the 5 or 6 hours the teams are already together everyday. Every time you jump on a plane its 2 days of school. And this is why girls are guided to certain majors. It isn't for everyone

Fair points. I think USC and other west coast teams will continue to improve, albeit it will be choppy, not a straight line. W Arizona State entering the fray, I believe the Pac 12 will have 6 teams and form their own conference? I will bet UCLA adds at some point. This will meaningfully grow the game out west, reduce travel times and in a 5-10 year timeframe, I predict there will be a Western Champ. USC, however, in the meantime may be a final 8 type team this year or next. I think they are top 10 this year. They may not get the seeding they need based on SOS to get through to final 8 tho.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to wish my alma mater Hofstra good luck on Saturday against Quinnipiac, shoould be an easy victory and the moral booster the coach and girls need!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to wish my alma mater Hofstra good luck on Saturday against Quinnipiac, shoould be an easy victory and the moral booster the coach and girls need!

TBD!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw a cool article this morning on why everyone watches march madness college basketball. It's because they have had 16 different winners in the last 25 years compared to just 5 in women's lacrosse. Women's college basketball is also referenced saying they are going backwards. They had 13 winners in 25 years but the last 10 have been bad for the sport with just a few winners. Other sports needs to spread the wealth around so popularity increases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just saw a cool article this morning on why everyone watches march madness college basketball. It's because they have had 16 different winners in the last 25 years compared to just 5 in women's lacrosse. Women's college basketball is also referenced saying they are going backwards. They had 13 winners in 25 years but the last 10 have been bad for the sport with just a few winners. Other sports needs to spread the wealth around so popularity increases.

Lacrosse is a mere infant compared to BAsketball in terms of popularity and growing the game. Lax is where W basketball was 20-22 years ago when title IX kicked in. Big schools with big funding are adding teams, and in time the sport will enjoy that parity. Rule changes such as the shot clock will add excitement to the game and bring more fans.

Page 11 of 75 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard