BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 111 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade's Science Team just finished 8th out of 405 HS's in NY State. Highest ranked Catholic.

You were saying......

In what competition? The best ones are over, (Intel), and Cham not there! Which ever it was, I'm pretty sure public LI schools ranked above!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade's Science Team just finished 8th out of 405 HS's in NY State. Highest ranked Catholic.

You were saying......

The timing on this is great! Another ignorant poster gets roasted. Go Flyers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can all of you idiots please give it a break?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade's Science Team just finished 8th out of 405 HS's in NY State. Highest ranked Catholic.

You were saying......

Ward Melville beat them badly at that competition, hahaha! Just like at Lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

But let's not kid ourselves, Chaminade recruits kids who enjoy science.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

What School was #1 and where is the list?

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

Thanks

Are we really talking about science here?? Didn't really think there was much doubt about academics at Chaminade. The better question, how many scientists are there at St Anthony's? That place is all about athletics. By the way, full disclosure, I hate them both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

They are called geeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

They are called geeks.

You children really must stop playing hooky and go back to class….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Chaminade's Science Team just finished 8th out of 405 HS's in NY State. Highest ranked Catholic.

You were saying......

Ward Melville beat them badly at that competition, hahaha! Just like at Lacrosse! [/quo

That's fine. You just set yourself up to get roasted on the evening of April 2nd. Go Flyers!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would expect Ward Melville to do well in competitions such as this.

1) Ward Melville has a huge number of students (way more than Chaminade per grade)

2) Many of said students are children of Stony Brook faculty and workers (and some of Ren Tech employees). They are obviously going to be very smart due to genetics alone. Public high schools in college towns are always great at showing just how powerful assortative mating can be. Because of this "college town effect," Ward Melville probably has more kids at the top end (~98+ percentile in terms of IQ), yet Chaminade's mean IQ is likely significantly higher than Ward Melville's.

3) Combine this with Ward Melville's ability to leverage certain SBU resources, and WM really should be towards the top of all metrics like this (science olympiad, Intel, math competitions, etc.). Many Long Island publics, WM included, do a very good job supporting students interested in these activities (better than Chaminade I imagine -- Intel/Westinghouse was never even discussed back in my day). Each school stresses different activities, and that's fine. Maybe Chaminade has decided to reprioritize a bit with the new science center, but we'll have to see how that plays out over the next few years.

I say all of this as a very proud C alum who is married to a former Ward Melville salutatorian. We're both agreed that our sons will attend Chaminade when we eventually move back to the Island (the nerdy non-athletes can go to Regis). God help me if I have any daughters.

Now, can we get the topic of discussion back to lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Ward Melville has a huge number of students (way more than Chaminade per grade)

2) Many of said students are children of Stony Brook faculty and workers (and some of Ren Tech employees). They are obviously going to be very smart due to genetics alone. Public high schools in college towns are always great at showing just how powerful assortative mating can be. Because of this "college town effect," Ward Melville probably has more kids at the top end (~98+ percentile in terms of IQ), yet Chaminade's mean IQ is likely significantly higher than Ward Melville's.

3) Combine this with Ward Melville's ability to leverage certain SBU resources, and WM really should be towards the top of all metrics like this (science olympiad, Intel, math competitions, etc.). Many Long Island publics, WM included, do a very good job supporting students interested in these activities (better than Chaminade I imagine -- Intel/Westinghouse was never even discussed back in my day). Each school stresses different activities, and that's fine. Maybe Chaminade has decided to reprioritize a bit with the new science center, but we'll have to see how that plays out over the next few years.

I say all of this as a very proud C alum who is married to a former Ward Melville salutatorian. We're both agreed that our sons will attend Chaminade when we eventually move back to the Island (the nerdy non-athletes can go to Regis). God help me if I have any daughters.

Sounds like excuses to me....hope you're not full of them during lax season as well! Typical chaminade parent. If your not the best, there is an excuse. Face it you're paying big bucks but still can't measure up to publics!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like excuses to me....hope you're not full of them during lax season as well! Typical chaminade parent. If your not the best, there is an excuse. Face it you're paying big bucks but still can't measure up to publics!

So you didn't read what I wrote, then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you didn't read what I wrote, then.

Yes...I noticed excuses!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great story. You sound like a fun guy. I bet your the life of the party.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, there are scores of public high schools on Long Island. The same five or six get mentioned again and again.

PS - "big" bucks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM finished 2
Great Neck South 4
Chaminade 8
Kellenberg 9
HHH East11
Syosett 12

Thanks
Go to NYS Science Olympiad 2016. I forget who was #1....not a lacrosse powerhouse...lol.
It looks like the competition is approx. 20 different subjects, probably attacked by the team as opposed to individual efforts. Intel, I believe is single student doing single project.
Given Chaminades rank on Bridge Building is am surprised the still need a traffic light for football players to cross Jericho on their way to practice. Build that Bridge!!!

Now let's all enjoy the upcoming Spring lax season, and let's all be civil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade at #4 nationally? Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Yes.

Maybe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Yes.

In what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Football???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the most meaningless poll of the entire season since most teams haven't played any games, but here it is nonetheless.

Nike/LM High School Boys' National Top 25: March 15

Ranking Team Record Last Week
1 Haverford School (Pa.) 1-0 1
2 Landon (Md.) 3-0 2
3 Victor (N.Y.) 0-0 3
4 Chaminade (N.Y.) 0-0 5
5 St. Paul's (Md.) 0-1 6
6 McDonogh (Md.) 3-0 7
7 Gonzaga (D.C.) 2-1 4
8 Syosset (N.Y.) 0-0 8
9 Culver (Ind.) 2-0 9
10 St. Anthony's (N.Y.) 0-0 10
11 Massapequa (N.Y.) 0-0 11
12 Calvert Hall (Md.) 4-0 13
13 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 12
14 Boys' Latin (Md.) 1-1 14
15 Ward Melville (N.Y.) 0-0 15
16 Smithtown East (N.Y.) 0-0 16
17 Niskayuna (N.Y.) 0-0 17
18 Malvern Prep (Pa.) 1-0 20
19 West Genesee (N.Y.) 0-0 18
20 Loyola Blakefield (Md.) 0-0 21
21 Bergen Catholic (N.J.) 0-0 22
22 Pittsford (N.Y.) 0-0 23
23 St. Andrew's (Fla.) 13-0 NR
24 Georgetown Prep (D.C.) 2-0 24
25 Bullis (Md.) 1-1 25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the most meaningless poll of the entire season since most teams haven't played any games, but here it is nonetheless.

2 Landon (Md.) 3-0 2
3 Victor (N.Y.) 0-0 3
4 Chaminade (N.Y.) 0-0 5
5 St. Paul's (Md.) 0-1 6
6 McDonogh (Md.) 3-0 7
7 Gonzaga (D.C.) 2-1 4
8 Syosset (N.Y.) 0-0 8
9 Culver (Ind.) 2-0 9
13 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 12
25 Bullis (Md.) 1-1 25

No Garden City or Manhasset?

Cue crying in 3--2--1.....waaaah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH is better than both this year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good to know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's so great to know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I saw Haverford lost to Hill Academy.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mineola will beat North Shore this year also...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Manhasset and GC should move into the modern era. Do away with the old wood stick and get a real stick. Technology is so much better now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you mean winning county championships long island championships and states...i think GC and Manhasset are doing just fine the last 6 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take your zany comments to the correct site . maybe the Boys h.s. site. this is for Chaminade discussions, not some idiotic attempt at humor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I saw Haverford lost to Hill Academy.....

Haverford lost to Loyola Blakefield from Baltimore 16-14 at home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 Landon (Md.) 3-0 2
3 Victor (N.Y.) 0-0 3
4 Chaminade (N.Y.) 0-0 5
5 St. Paul's (Md.) 0-1 6
6 McDonogh (Md.) 3-0 7
7 Gonzaga (D.C.) 2-1 4
8 Syosset (N.Y.) 0-0 8
9 Culver (Ind.) 2-0 9
13 Darien (Conn.) 0-0 12
25 Bullis (Md.) 1-1 25

No Garden City or Manhasset?

Cue crying in 3--2--1.....waaaah

Not from GC, but I would think they could play with and possibly beat from 4 on down on any given day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a huge Chaminade booster, but even I don't see how it makes sense to have them at #4 preseason. They didn't have a "great" last year like some schools (Haverford, Victor, etc.), and they lost a significant percentage of the starters to graduation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you guys do not know what your talking about, we are the best team in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to stir the pot, Mr. I'm not a Chaminade Guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to stir the pot, Mr. I'm not a Chaminade Guy

I even still play in the alumni game every year...

cool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally getting some playing time??

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 111 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled