BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 75 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I have said before...almost ALL college coaches are not liked by everybody. Why is it such a big deal in women's college lacrosse if a coach is not universally liked? I like SS. She's not perfect but neither are you or I. Get over it and grow a set, and tell your daughter to do the same. SS will be successful. She's in only her 4th year as a coach. I know girls on her team like her. Maybe not every one of them, but most of them, and that's actually pretty good. I played college football and all of us did not like all of our coaches but you respected them and listened to them and tried your hardest to do what they told you to do. Her girls are doing the same. They have their usually tough OOC schedule. Wins are hard to get. The team is YOUNG.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you asked 50% of the girls currently playing in D1 they would tell you that they are not happy playing in college and that it is more like a job that they have to do because their parents make them. They would also tell you they do not like their coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you asked 50% of the girls currently playing in D1 they would tell you that they are not happy playing in college and that it is more like a job that they have to do because their parents make them. They would also tell you they do not like their coach.

I would agree with that as well. Not liking a head coach is not a situation unique to just HU, although the YJ parents are trying to make us believe it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I sure am glad that the Syracuse fans finally got a home game against the Terps. they spent the whole game whining last year about home cooking blah blah blah.

Well how was lunch today???

You have a good team but shut up and stop whining. Well here come the yellow cards, what a surprise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
StonyBrook loses again! The great coach is not producing!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just when you think Northwestern was going to slip away, they go and beat SB. Close game, SB had lead at half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestern over Stony Brook. Duke crushes Louisville. Virginia takes UNC to OT. Can we now put to bed the NU is not a top 15, 20, 30 team? What it looks like is there are a couple of very top teams, and a whole lot of very good teams that on any given day can beat one another. And then there is Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is Maryland and everyone else. That's the reality of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is Maryland and everyone else. That's the reality of it

Florida will give Maryland all they can handle, its those two teams and then everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have got to ask, does your kid go to NU?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
StonyBrook loses again! The great coach is not producing!

Cool. Where's all the YJ lemmings now? They seem quick to bash HU when they lose, but all I hear are YJ crickets when SB loses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have got to ask, does your kid go to NU?

Just glad to see the better coached team win it!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Maryland with a excellent win, the team to beat. FLA next week, preview of Memorial Day

Anyone that knows the history of Gait knows the freelance style of play that made hie who he is.... that hurt today, sloppy passing and bad decisions, great players that need structure. In need of a goalie with set feet.

What happened to Louisville..... still 7-1 but a loss to duke looks bad.

UNC in trouble without Maggie, need to recruit better, early recruiting is a bad here. '17 a long way off

NU and SB---- wanted NU to win but neither a real threat. SB over achieved last year Nu still on a down slope someone had to win

Still believe in ND

and you doubted Umass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MKVELE
Maryland with a excellent win, the team to beat. FLA next week, preview of Memorial Day

Anyone that knows the history of Gait knows the freelance style of play that made hie who he is.... that hurt today, sloppy passing and bad decisions, great players that need structure. In need of a goalie with set feet.

UNC in trouble without Maggie, need to recruit better, early recruiting is a bad here. '17 a long way off

NU and SB---- wanted NU to win but neither a real threat. SB over achieved last year Nu still on a down slope someone had to win

Still believe in ND

and you doubted Umass

Agree with all of that.
Except for 1) Maryland and 2) Florida, there seems to be a rash of mediocrity this season. Towson looking good, JMU down, Hofstra down (but really young, look out next year), Louisville looking better finally, Loyola-who knows?, USC-who knows?, NU-again, who knows?, Elon (yes I said it) surprising a little, Michigan-still waiting, Army-won a couple against weak competition, but still in first year, Duke-mystery, UNC-consistently inconsistent, Penn State-winning but giving heart attacks. I know the Carter kid. Fantastic on and off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still believe in ND

and you doubted Umass

Agree with all of that.
Except for 1) Maryland and 2) Florida, there seems to be a rash of mediocrity this season. Towson looking good, JMU down, Hofstra down (but really young, look out next year), Louisville looking better finally, Loyola-who knows?, USC-who knows?, NU-again, who knows?, Elon (yes I said it) surprising a little, Michigan-still waiting, Army-won a couple against weak competition, but still in first year, Duke-mystery, UNC-consistently inconsistent, Penn State-winning but giving heart attacks. I know the Carter kid. Fantastic on and off the field.

Not mediocrity, it's parity

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Still believe in ND

and you doubted Umass

Agree with all of that.
You say mediocrity... I say parity. So many teams to choose from. When you get quality kids that get offers from smaller schools for twice the money than the traditional powerhouses offer this is what happens. There are very good kids on almost every roster. the Florida's' and Maryland's will always get the top kids, but now very good players have an opportunity to go someplace and play, not cheerlead from the sidelines for four years and watch the same 16 girls rotate in and out. SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army. Because of this girls now have a better chance to get the degrees they really want and still play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you really trying to say that army has a successful womens lax program already ? Glad they got a couple wins but are a long way from being considered competitive with any descent team and it will be a struggle for them to ever become so . Takes a unique kid to want to go thru that especially on the girls .

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are you really trying to say that army has a successful womens lax program already ? Glad they got a couple wins but are a long way from being considered competitive with any descent team and it will be a struggle for them to ever become so . Takes a unique kid to want to go thru that especially on the girls .
OK you're kidding right, is your reading comprehension so low that you didn't understand either post.No one said Army has a "successful" program so what are you talking about. One poster said they won a couple, I said that there an option to play at. where did you get a Successful program from that whats your agenda

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still believe in ND

and you doubted Umass

Agree with all of that.
You say mediocrity... I say parity. So many teams to choose from. When you get quality kids that get offers from smaller schools for twice the money than the traditional powerhouses offer this is what happens. There are very good kids on almost every roster. the Florida's' and Maryland's will always get the top kids, but now very good players have an opportunity to go someplace and play, not cheerlead from the sidelines for four years and watch the same 16 girls rotate in and out. SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army. Because of this girls now have a better chance to get the degrees they really want and still play

Good post MKVELE I agree think the parity is really good for the sport. There are so many great players out there. Duke loses to Elon, Elon loses to Vandy, then Duke beats Louisville (who maybe was a little overrated ). As great as Florida is playing ranked 2 the have one goal wins over Unc, Cuse and Stony Brook, so they could go either way. If Maryland was removed from equation, Florida , Unc, ND, NU, SB, UVA, Princeton,Penn st, (maybe I'm missing a few. (Anyone could beat anyone which I think is great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I have said before...almost ALL college coaches are not liked by everybody. Why is it such a big deal in women's college lacrosse if a coach is not universally liked? I like SS. She's not perfect but neither are you or I. Get over it and grow a set, and tell your daughter to do the same. SS will be successful. She's in only her 4th year as a coach. I know girls on her team like her. Maybe not every one of them, but most of them, and that's actually pretty good. I played college football and all of us did not like all of our coaches but you respected them and listened to them and tried your hardest to do what they told you to do. Her girls are doing the same. They have their usually tough OOC schedule. Wins are hard to get. The team is YOUNG.

Just curious how long it takes to stop using the term young or new coach? 10 years? And if you hand pick a team and they are not performing that's on you coach! The discord and misery by the majority of the team just might be because of the pyramid "wall of shame" being used, I mean come on, is SS taking cues from Abby Lee Miller? They should win today after all of the conditioning and humiliation this past week. Good luck girls, play your game and try to ignore the lunatic screaming on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK you're kidding right, is your reading comprehension so low that you didn't understand either post.No one said Army has a "successful" program so what are you talking about. One poster said they won a couple, I said that there an option to play at. where did you get a Successful program from that whats your agenda

Because you have elected to respond in such a douchy manner I will now make it a point to respond to your posts pointing out what seems to be in general a very ignorant view .
"SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army"
Now my agenda will simply be to point out what a moron you are.Your anti YJ,anti SB, anti Spallina agenda is obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the squabbles Parity in women's lacrosse is awesome !! Regardless of if its army Towson whoever

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Because you have elected to respond in such a douchy manner I will now make it a point to respond to your posts pointing out what seems to be in general a very ignorant view .
"SB was the shinning example of this last year but now there are more like Elon, and Army"
Now my agenda will simply be to point out what a moron you are.Your anti YJ,anti SB, anti Spallina agenda is obvious.
I don't know why you have a problem with me, but I now see your agenda.

The SB comment was meant this way (seeing as you couldn't figure it out yourself), SB not being a traditional powerhouse gave good players an alternative place to play and excel, which they have, as opposed to sitting on a bench fighting for a spot. Elon, Army, High Point, also examples of the same situation, and have surprised some people, but will not surprise anyone next year.

I have only ever said the woman at SB are playing well and never disparaged any of them, and I have never said anything about the YJ. I have stated my dislike for JS, but that is my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the guy and think he's over rated so what, how does that effect your life, why do you care are you the head of the Joe Spallina fan club, do you get paid by the amount of people that like him, I'm confused

You are very hostile, and maybe seek some help to calm down a bit, relax I'm a nobody that is beneath you right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious how long it takes to stop using the term young or new coach? 10 years? And if you hand pick a team and they are not performing that's on you coach! The discord and misery by the majority of the team just might be because of the pyramid "wall of shame" being used, I mean come on, is SS taking cues from Abby Lee Miller? They should win today after all of the conditioning and humiliation this past week. Good luck girls, play your game and try to ignore the lunatic screaming on the sidelines.

ALL coaches are crazy when their team is young, not playing well and not winning. But, stay the course and good things will happen. You know who's considered "crazy" coaches? The coach at Wintrop, Michigan and Louisville. Oh, and almost EVERY other coach I can think of. But those three take the cake as far as I'm concerned. They've been at their positions for years too. SS...pay no attention to the YJ agenda. Coach your team your way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude? You watch Dance Mom's? I wouldn't tell any of your friends that if I were you. Did CR tell you it's okay to watch it, or did you go "rogue"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so we are a few weeks in. Do you take the 6 teams that have won the last 20 national championships or is this the year to take the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want an example of lunatic screaming on the sidelines? Try listening to just about any club coach during the summer. The difference between them and a college coach is that for the vast majority of the club coaches it is not their only job. For a college coach it's their job, with a lot riding on each game. Also, go to a men's game and listen to those coaches...it's crazy, yet nobody says anything about them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so we are a few weeks in. Do you take the 6 teams that have won the last 20 national championships or is this the year to take the field?

Right now, today? Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ALL coaches are crazy when their team is young, not playing well and not winning. But, stay the course and good things will happen. You know who's considered "crazy" coaches? The coach at Wintrop, Michigan and Louisville. Oh, and almost EVERY other coach I can think of. But those three take the cake as far as I'm concerned. They've been at their positions for years too. SS...pay no attention to the YJ agenda. Coach your team your way.

Stop with the excuses already - she's in over her head until proven otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You want an example of lunatic screaming on the sidelines? Try listening to just about any club coach during the summer. The difference between them and a college coach is that for the vast majority of the club coaches it is not their only job. For a college coach it's their job, with a lot riding on each game. Also, go to a men's game and listen to those coaches...it's crazy, yet nobody says anything about them.

SS is a club coach, that's it. She doesn't understand the mental side of coaching. She hasn't had the experience and more importantly the time being truly mentored by a good coach as an asst. Just because you were a great player doesn't mean you will be a successful coach. She has a lot of knowledge but not the wisdom to put it to good use. Her teams will continue to struggle. She just doesn't relate to her players well, She had trouble relating to teammates and other kids in general in HS as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS is a club coach, that's it. She doesn't understand the mental side of coaching. She hasn't had the experience and more importantly the time being truly mentored by a good coach as an asst. Just because you were a great player doesn't mean you will be a successful coach. She has a lot of knowledge but not the wisdom to put it to good use. Her teams will continue to struggle. She just doesn't relate to her players well, She had trouble relating to teammates and other kids in general in HS as well.

SS won Conference Coach of the Year in 2015

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS won Conference Coach of the Year in 2015

The won with girls she inherited. They are gone and she can't handle nor has the experience with developing young players. Kind of like her club, they won early with girls she got from other clubs. Now her TG clubs is dropping into obscurity like her college team. Either way cannot develop girls. Overhyped as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not her fault she is young and much as a coach comes w experience !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
becoming difficult to rank. Tried to take into account body of work, YTD strength of schedule, quality wins and losses to teams outside top 20. Head to head is less important than body of work at this point of the season. losing to higher ranked team should not have negative impact.

ranking 3/13

1. Maryland
2. Florida
3. North Carolina
4. Syracuse
5. Notre Dame
6. Louisville
7. Stanford
8. Princeton
9. Penn State
10. Northwestern
11. Towson
12. Stony Brook
13. Virginia
14. UMass
15. Southern Cal
16. Boston College
17. Loyola
18. Temple
19. Colorado
20. Duke

Other teams considered:

UConn
Vandi
Penn
Delaware
Hopkins
Ohio State
Cornell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right now, today? Maryland.

I still take the last 6 winners. Come crunch time one of the 6 will win yet again. Every year we hear about parity but no one new can win the big one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The SB comment was meant this way (seeing as you couldn't figure it out yourself), SB not being a traditional powerhouse gave good players an alternative place to play and excel, which they have, as opposed to sitting on a bench fighting for a spot. Elon, Army, High Point, also examples of the same situation, and have surprised some people, but will not surprise anyone next year.

I have only ever said the woman at SB are playing well and never disparaged any of them, and I have never said anything about the YJ. I have stated my dislike for JS, but that is my opinion and stand by it. I don't like the guy and think he's over rated so what, how does that effect your life, why do you care are you the head of the Joe Spallina fan club, do you get paid by the amount of people that like him, I'm confused

You are very hostile, and maybe seek some help to calm down a bit, relax I'm a nobody that is beneath you right

Way to go Einstein, you now know what my agenda is after I told you what it is. Lets take a guess where your point of view is coming from. Your daughter is either going to or committed to a school that is not considered to be a top 20 lacrosse program ( good for her its nothing to be so angry about). The so called better lacrosse programs had little interest including SB and it just drives you crazy. Parity, sorry every year people come on here and say the same thing then the final four will have Syracuse , UNC, MD, NW, as 3 of the teams , throw FL in there now and you can say parity all you want and pretend that so many teams have a realistic shot at winning it all but its just not true.
Relax, playing at those schools is not for everyone , it wasn't for my kid for many reasons. The thing is I don't pretend its because my daughters program has now risen to be their equal and hate on a local program and its coach because of their success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to go Einstein, you now know what my agenda is after I told you what it is. Lets take a guess where your point of view is coming from. Your daughter is either going to or committed to a school that is not considered to be a top 20 lacrosse program ( good for her its nothing to be so angry about). The so called better lacrosse programs had little interest including SB and it just drives you crazy. Parity, sorry every year people come on here and say the same thing then the final four will have Syracuse , UNC, MD, NW, as 3 of the teams , throw FL in there now and you can say parity all you want and pretend that so many teams have a realistic shot at winning it all but its just not true.
Relax, playing at those schools is not for everyone , it wasn't for my kid for many reasons. The thing is I don't pretend its because my daughters program has now risen to be their equal and hate on a local program and its coach because of their success.

Parity? Not really you are right. In the last 25 years on 5 programs have won. Thank about that just 5 programs. Maryland 11, Northwestern 7, Virginia, 3 Princeton 3, UNC 1

So if your daughter went to the 3oth best team for more cash and the academic major of her choice that's GREAT, but history shows she probably wont be competeing for the national crown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Glad they got a couple wins but are a long way from being considered competitive with any descent team and it will be a struggle for them to ever become so . Takes a unique kid to want to go thru that especially on the girls" .

were you aware that the Army womens bball team just finished the regular season 29-2?...and that they just captured the Patriot League Championship?...going to NCAA tournament?
so to say that a particular ARMY team will "struggle" to be successful is crap. yes, it takes a special kid to do it, but to say that the lax program will struggle is just non-sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if your daughter went to the 3oth best team for more cash and the academic major of her choice that's GREAT, but history shows she probably wont be competeing for the national crown

Speaking of competing for a National Crown. Let's say Syracuse wins, does all 54 of those girls on the team get a championship ring?
What would be better, playing on a National Championship Syracuse team and being on the bottom part of the roster, or going to a mid-level but competitive in their conference Div. 1 school?

At the end it is all about your education and the experience right?

(These are all serious questions, and I love watching Syracuse play, so I am not bashing them or any of their players, who all contribute in one way or another).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of competing for a National Crown. Let's say Syracuse wins, does all 54 of those girls on the team get a championship ring?
What would be better, playing on a National Championship Syracuse team and being on the bottom part of the roster, or going to a mid-level but competitive in their conference Div. 1 school?

At the end it is all about your education and the experience right?

(These are all serious questions, and I love watching Syracuse play, so I am not bashing them or any of their players, who all contribute in one way or another).

It's not really an answerable question. It depends on the kid and what makes them tick and what they want out of the experience. I've had kids go through both situations, and in my opinion, each was right for them. I've had a child choose a D3 program over some D1 situations where the playing time and the college experience wasn't going to be what they wanted. I've had another one "stretch" to a program in a different sport and test themselves at that level and enjoy the pursuit. That kid has had mixed results athletically, is getting a great education and wouldn't trade playing with and against the best for a situation where they could walk in and start from day 1. Different strokes for different folks. Everyone always seems to have "THE" answer on this stuff. There isn't one right one.

Page 10 of 75 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard