BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I must say Tierney has been a fabulous caretaker of the Jamie Munro dynasty at Denver. Heh heh. Denver seems to have bottled the Canadian box style of play in a perfect way into the field game. When you watch most Maryland kids playing lacrosse now it is always dodge first, then have a Plan B to pass. Canadian kids and kids who grew up playing on the West Coast seem to have it in their DNA that if they are running with the ball for more than 6-7 seconds, then they are doing everything wrong. It is definitely a more entertaining and impressive way of playing. UMD and Hopkins are a perfect reflection of half court slow forming torture on offense. It honestly looks like soccer sometimes waiting for a play to form. And I hate soccer.

Amen. Well said. I wish Long Island kids would play Box, but they don't want to.

If they played Box in the off-season, then they wouldn't be those coveted multi-sport athletes anymore. They'd just be really exceptional Lacrosse players that you just described above. Imagine that? Been saying this for years, you can play all the football and basketball you want, it will never improve your lax skills. Same reason the Basketball phenoms from the cities never play lax in the spring to get better at Basketball. When a kid is a highly successful multi-sport athlete, its because of god given athleticism. The other sports have nothing to do with it. Clearly, what we're learning is: Kids like those at Denver are becoming amazing lacrosse players by working on their game. Not by playing football. Seems like the facts are supporting this.

100% accurate. I laugh when a town PAL coach or wanna be lax dad tells me that my son has to play multiple sports in order to be a great lax player. Some people are clueless and are too pig headed to hear what you are saying. See you at the rink.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm no lacrosse guru but I did attend the WILC U-19 tournament near Hamilton Ontario because my nephew made the team. The games were really exciting and I was ASTONISHED at the speed and level of skill the players had, especially the Western Canadian and the Six Nations squads at this tournament. The players on the US team you could tell were good players in a new environment, and that cost them some. But I heard from every single parent of kids on that team they could not believe how far their sons had advanced in one summer of box training and play. Some of those kids are having blow out years in college this spring. One of them is Morgan Cheek at Harvard. I cannot imagine why a kid would not want to play some box. It is fast and fun and it really contributes to rapid stick abilities improvements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question...did you ever think the kids want to play more than 1 sport? Most kids do. You people are delusional if you think your child is getting anything more out of lacrosse than enjoyment. There is no financial future to this sport. Let them enjoy other sports. What are you getting maybe a 1/4 ride to a 60 thousand dollar school. Let kids be kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question...did you ever think the kids want to play more than 1 sport? Most kids do. You people are delusional if you think your child is getting anything more out of lacrosse than enjoyment. There is no financial future to this sport. Let them enjoy other sports. What are you getting maybe a 1/4 ride to a 60 thousand dollar school. Let kids be kids.

I have no issue with kids wanting to play multiple sports, if they want to they should. I will even agree that in the early years it should e highly encouraged. My issue is with all these football heads saying that somehow their kid is a better athlete or better lacrosse player than my kid because of it. It simply isn't true. Their kid may be a gifted athlete that can excel at football because they want to. However, the football does not make you better at Lacrosse. However, we can now clearly and definitively say that playing BOX will make you a better lax player. BTW almost no kid playing lax on LI except for the one QB we all know will have any shot what so ever at the NFL or NBA. With regard to the lax scholarship, you're misinformed. 60% plus at a very competitive private school has been offered to my son. You'd be shocked at what can be offered for the right kid at the right program...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. We're not raising a professional lacrosse player. We want a well-rounded hard working child who leverages lacrosse to get into a great school. Lacrosse all year round would only result in burnout...at least in our kid. I won't speak for yours. Good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is already going to get 150k to pay at division one school.
Plus he was scholarship for most of his club days. 30k
180k if you add taxes to that it is like 225k
Not bad for no future.
That is 225k he would have to make up in his working career

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does any of which you just bragged about(nonsense)have to do with your sons future financial earnings from lax. NOTHING. Btw..you do know that the 150 scholarship $ your talking is not guaranteed no matter what you've been told. Unless it's academic $. If that's the case you shouldn't be on here talking about a lax scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bad for no future.

So full of crap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not full of crap.
That is what he was offered.
It has every thing to do with future earning. You know how long it would take to pay off 225k
Even making 200k per year it would take at least 10-15 years.
Yes he needs to be the player they are hoping for but it is better than not being offered anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That equates to 37500 a year so we are talking lower D1 school. You better hope he is as good as you think he is or doesnt get hurt or good bye money after first year. And if it is upper school, books, room and board no where near that so you better double up your time collecting bottles and cans

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bad for no future.

Excuse me while I hurl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah my son was offered 30k a year. So 120k. 20 academic 10 athletic. He said no thank you. Wasn't the greatest academic school. Took less money and attends a very prestigious academic school. Division 1. It's about the future. Not the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. We're not raising a professional lacrosse player. We want a well-rounded hard working child who leverages lacrosse to get into a great school. Lacrosse all year round would only result in burnout...at least in our kid. I won't speak for yours. Good luck.

I would not suggest opting out of other school sports. That written, many kids play weekend ball in the winter or in fall seasons in addition to playing a school sport. I'd rather see my kid play some box in summer or over those fall and winter weekends or breaks than more field. A lot of the field offerings including club ball in the fall isn't helping kids get any better. Box is also a fun diversion. Most kids who play it like it a great deal and consider it quite different from the field game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In your opinion, what teams are better lacrosse wise, high division 2 or high division 3? I know in the 90's the top d3 teams were better. Is that still the case?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would not suggest opting out of other school sports. That written, many kids play weekend ball in the winter or in fall seasons in addition to playing a school sport. I'd rather see my kid play some box in summer or over those fall and winter weekends or breaks than more field. A lot of the field offerings including club ball in the fall isn't helping kids get any better. Box is also a fun diversion. Most kids who play it like it a great deal and consider it quite different from the field game.

I think that makes perfect sense. Box will improve them in many ways for field and it may help prevent burnout. As long as they don't combine to be year round. Again, that's my opinion in regards to my son and not anyone else's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a great sport but there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! You may get a good piece of college paid for. That's it. The guys in the MLL get between 1k_2k a game. What does that work out to? 40k on the higher end. My friends neighbors kid is the backup goalie on the NJ Devil's. He makes 450k a year at 22. That is a pot of gold! Let your kids play as many sports as they like.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers? seriously? Have they ever made the tournament?

Stony Brook will roll them next week.

And roll they did...15-6 USB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is a great sport but there is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! You may get a good piece of college paid for. That's it. The guys in the MLL get between 1k_2k a game. What does that work out to? 40k on the higher end. My friends neighbors kid is the backup goalie on the NJ Devil's. He makes 450k a year at 22. That is a pot of gold! Let your kids play as many sports as they like.

For most people it's not about the money. Most people save for their kids future college costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For most people it's not about the money. Most people save for their kids future college costs.

Agree, put money away for your kids education and hopefully you get some lax/academic money. The goal is your kid walking out of school with no debt, a degree, 4 years of competitive lax and memories for a lifetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the guy who posted this, I agree 100%. It was posted in response to people saying that kids should play just one sport. I think kids should play multiple sports, especially at the younger ages,so they don't burn out. Once in the later stages of HS or in college they can concentrate on one. Playing sports is to give a kid a purpose and something to dedicate themselves to. Learn about teamwork and to lessen the chances of them getting into trouble. Anything after that is gravy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, put money away for your kids education and hopefully you get some lax/academic money. The goal is your kid walking out of school with no debt, a degree, 4 years of competitive lax and memories for a lifetime.

Year round lax will only lead to burnout and repetitive use injuries such as back stress fractures and ACL blowouts. But don't listen to me, go to any athletic trainer who does PT and ask them what they are seeing. How about these kids just get a job in the summer and work on getting stronger to help minimize the risk of injury during fall ball and the season? At some point the liife lessons and value of learning how to make a living far outweighs the ego boost for some dad that grew up in Queens and never played the sport himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Year round lax will only lead to burnout and repetitive use injuries such as back stress fractures and ACL blowouts. But don't listen to me, go to any athletic trainer who does PT and ask them what they are seeing. How about these kids just get a job in the summer and work on getting stronger to help minimize the risk of injury during fall ball and the season? At some point the liife lessons and value of learning how to make a living far outweighs the ego boost for some dad that grew up in Queens and never played the sport himself.

Why the d-bag statement about being from queens? That is why people from LI who still speak so lovingly about their 5 minutes of fame at Adelphi back in the day are seen as such jerks. Plenty of people have played the game and that has no bearing or weight on this discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a sensible post. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Somebody give Ty Xanders a Duke cheerleading outfit already. The Dino & Co staff and Miles Jones bromance is getting a little too hot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the sensible post I was talking about. The guy from Queens who got offended got his post in before mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First half of the 10 goals Harvard scored 8 of them were point blank shots that nobody would have saved. I think the goalie had 5 or so really good saves that should have been goals. Totally agree about the defense.

Goalie kept them in the game!

I was at the game and I have to say I was unimpressed with Miles. He barely moved without the ball. His biggest play is when he bull dodged a Harvard attackman and the threw the ball away. The goalie 100% for Duke kept them in the game. Stood on his head. Saves he made were point blank as were goals against.

Never been impressed with Miles.

Closing in on 200 points as a midfielder. Not impressive? Hat trick in 1st half today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, what does UVa do now? Is there a 1-800 number to get some coaching and some talent at this juncture? Program is a shell of what it once was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love UNC losing to umsss. Hey coaches early recruiting doing you guys a solid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the d-bag statement about being from queens? That is why people from LI who still speak so lovingly about their 5 minutes of fame at Adelphi back in the day are seen as such jerks. Plenty of people have played the game and that has no bearing or weight on this discussion.

It does have bearing on this discussion. Hands down I've found parents who played lacrosse in college to be much more low key and much less intense about the whole youth process than parents who never did have their 5 minutes. The ones who didn't are grinding their teeth and seem like they are boiling on the inside and constantly on the verge of a heart attack with every play. I can spot them a mile away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dino is the college lacrosse version of Dean Smith. His results are enviable, but he has had stacked teams since he got to Duke. Where were all the people calling him a genius who always figures it out and has teams that pull through in May over 21 years at Hofstra? Basically he has shown what he can do when he is the jockey of a top tier money and draw program at a destination school over a middle tier program. This is the first Duke team in many years that just isn't very talented or skilled on defense, is thin at midfield and has an X attack man who is an ok system guy but is not very athletic or dominant from X. I agree you can't throw fault at Fowler, but a top college goalie he ain't.

If Dino can take these lemons and make lemonade I will be sold he is a genius. Right now I don't see this team winning more than 1 ACC game. [/quot

Kinda looked like Duke figured it out today......not a Duke fan at all but I learned my lesson writing them off this early

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does have bearing on this discussion. Hands down I've found parents who played lacrosse in college to be much more low key and much less intense about the whole youth process than parents who never did have their 5 minutes. The ones who didn't are grinding their teeth and seem like they are boiling on the inside and constantly on the verge of a heart attack with every play. I can spot them a mile away.

And I'm sure you are easy to spot. Everyone can point out a [lacrosse] like you, even the guy from Queens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love UNC losing to umsss. Hey coaches early recruiting doing you guys a solid?

If they don't fatten up on Manhattan on Monday, then they might not even let the team back on campus!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye bye Harvard...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UGH Rutgers looked good. Loss to Princeton? Dislike

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and Princeton is alarmingly bad this season. Have to think Princeton alumni and administration cant be happy with that situation. Princeton hasnt been relevant in years and it doesnt look like its turning around anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and Princeton is alarmingly bad this season. Have to think Princeton alumni and administration cant be happy with that situation. Princeton hasnt been relevant in years and it doesnt look like its turning around anytime soon.

Guess they wish they had the 40 points in 5 games by the transfer that went to Villanova back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver ND games was one for the ages. The ND attack really got them back in it by riding right after the possession was called. Zack Miller finishes it for Denver again. Wow. Was a snoozer until the 4 quarter and then could not leave your seat. Love me some College lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook with the complete 13-5 beat down of Hofstra!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook with the complete 13-5 beat down of Hofstra!!!

At least the boys are doing well! What happened to the girls? Not looking good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and Rutgers slowly fading once again, back to back losses to Stony Brook and Princeton, and they still have to play their Big10 schedule. See ya next year.......

Page 7 of 24 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard