BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 77 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting to read this stuff but people shouldn't judge a player solely on reputation. There are plenty of players especially on Long Island that based upon the team they play for or the coach they have campaigning for them you would think they were the next best player to play the game. Until side by side in an unbiased evaluation system you can never truly assess players. Now when you have a club team coach involved in a High School team good luck in trying to get unbiased and fair player placement.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is talking about an upper class man
A$$ it's about a kid that is in 9th grade getting pulled up to play a different position than he is use to playing when they clearly have kids at that position on jv that are better at that position the the kid they brought up. Is that to hard for you to understand. Why bring a kid up that's skilled at that position the bring a kid up that doesn't play that position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the answer is simple, they are a better athlete and lacrosse player. There are MANY freshman players in college that played one position in high school and then went to college and the coach saw that they can help the team just by being on the field. If this is happening in college, why wouldn't it happen in High school. you want the best players on the field and sometimes an attackman is more talented than most middies and the coach puts him in that role because he can make more of an impact. Syracuse had the leading alltime scorer in high school running defensive middie his freshman year and now he is still running middie. Johns Hopkins top middie was an all American attackman in high school and the coach ran him at middie his freshman year and he is in his 3rd year and runs the top midfield line.

Bottom line- if a player is good, he can contribute more in a different role than someone who has been playing that same position but doesn't have the same skill set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cool it Syo it's the same story year in year out for the past 5 seasons. The boys will all do just fine.

Will Syosset ever win the State under this coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid is brought up to varsity and plays a different position than he plays and you have kids that are better at that position because it's the position that they have played what would you make of it? I by no means are mad because my kid didn't get brought up I'm just saying what does that tell the other kids on the team. I'm not worried about my kid honestly. Could care less. He can make any A team out there. It sends a bad message to the rest of the kids.

Is there any reason to assume the freshman players are being brought up to play positions other than their own? This is Massapequa correct? Didn't they win States just 2 years ago? These 9th graders are only being looked at is my guess. Could be the future of this program down the line. Coaches know what they are doing in that town-
Maybe thinking long term.

LOVE THIS POST!!! Coaches take an interest nw and see what ya got if it works out and they are a great fit its a win win. if it is not a fit you gave them a look and you showed the player and family they matter.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool it Syo it's the same story year in year out for the past 5 seasons. The boys will all do just fine.

Will Syosset ever win the State under this coach?

we can only hope, they should be solid for several more years to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you have two kids that are both talented and are good lax players you would bring up the kid thats not a middie and play the kid at middie as oppose to bringing up the true middie thats also talented. Don't get crazy just using those positions as an example. So a team should draft a line backer and make him a running back or draft a running back. It's interesting to see how people respond to the question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you have two kids that are both talented and are good lax players you would bring up the kid thats not a middie and play the kid at middie as oppose to bringing up the true middie thats also talented. Don't get crazy just using those positions as an example. So a team should draft a line backer and make him a running back or draft a running back. It's interesting to see how people respond to the question.

Always take the athlete first . No brainer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with this. There are no set positions - you are either an offensive player or defensive player and that means you can be moved around. If you are an inflexible player intent on just playing one position and either only righty or lefty, bring some cushioning for the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was a coach I would bring up the true middie as long as he is as talented as the other player that was bought up. These days there are plenty of kids that have played travel and are talented players. As long as it's not because of the kids older brother who played at that school or that the father donated the score board. I would want my son to get pulled up because they need him and not for any other reason. You guys know how hs sports are. I think they kid would feel better about himself because he made it on his own and not because of daddy. It's a hard call because what are the coaches basing his talents on. Not from middle school cause that's worse then pal. I'm sure they don't run around and go watch the kid play travel either.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its an obvious question you are asking. sure if both kids were at the same level then you bring up the kid that plays that position. but if you have a really good player at one position and he is more skilled than the other jv player then yes you bring him up. Also there are many players in the NFL that have been wide receivers in college and then switched over to defensive back because the coaches see the athletic ability and feel he is better than the other defensive backs that were at the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dallas Clark and ANTONIO GATES were line backers in college - JULIAN EDELMAN was a QB in college - as was Josh Cribbs, Hines Ward and ANTWAAN RANDLE EL - Dante Hall was a running back - Dustin Byfuglien was a defenseman in juniors but switched to right wing once he got to the NHL before switching back to D. smart coaches will figure out a way to get their best athletes and lacrosse players on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree with the athlete being better and changing position because he is a better athlete and also agree with the kid that is established at the position being brought up if your he is a good player at that position. I was wrong but why developed on if you have three good ones on jv. I'm just glad my son is working hard and when it's his turn he will be there. That I'm not worried about. I just think it sends a bad message to kids that play that position and to kids that have been on varsity for a few years. I know of kids that quit in their senior year because of stuff like this happening for the wrong reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good I like the response. As they were they better athlete coming out my bad but I didn't mean it that way. Trust me they are not looking at it in that way. I know the reason why but that's another story. Don't think it's fare to the other kids and to varsity players that are their. I hate to see kids quit anything. That's just me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the long run it is what it is and you can't change that I know but good luck to the boys that are their for their talent that they put out on the field. Good conversation. Great opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a ride by Chaminade today Only to see that the new boys attempting to make the Barsity and JV teams get put in the back of the boys who are already wearing the red helmets saddest part was that some of those boys appeared to be better players then the ones with the red helmets If the coaching is fair they will make the team if it's not then politics wins and it will be a sad day for some good talented boys I hope the coaches open there eyes and do the right thing I'm just glad my son plays for another school Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took a ride by Chaminade today Only to see that the new boys attempting to make the Barsity and JV teams get put in the back of the boys who are already wearing the red helmets saddest part was that some of those boys appeared to be better players then the ones with the red helmets If the coaching is fair they will make the team if it's not then politics wins and it will be a sad day for some good talented boys I hope the coaches open there eyes and do the right thing I'm just glad my son plays for another school Good Luck

Talk about nothing better to do. Get a new hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talk about nothing better to do. Get a new hobby.

His son was there, one of the boys without the red helmet I bet. Teach Jr to get to the front of the line. It's lacrosse, not the spelling bee. Waiting your turn is for kids that don't hustle. Work hard to get that extra rep. Coaches notice scrappy players that have skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
drove by? really? you saw all that in the middle of traffic on Jericho tpke. during the afternoon, throught
the stadium wall. sure Hillary I believe you .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So....son does not attend the school.... Varsity and JV tryouts at the same time at different locations.... Know better then coaches and the program.... Someone call 911!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The ones without the red helmets are the freshmen and they are all trying out for the JV-B(freshman) team.

unlikely any are ready for varsity at this point (and cham doesn't do that with freshmen anyway)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just way too creepy...on so many levels...next stop was the local playground?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For some reason I am inclined to doubt your lacrosse talent evaluation skills....... I think Ill stick with the extremely well respected and storied Chaminade tradition of turning out winning lacrosse teams and players........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saddest part is you driving by and spying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. So UNTRUE. They take the best of the lot no matter what color helmet and have years and years of winning to prove it. My son was one of those without the red helmet and made it his senior year and what made it even more special was the fact that he wasnt the only one and Coach M pulled them aside and told them they deserved to be there. Actually having a different color helmet allows you to stand out good or bad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of lacrosse talent what is happening with GC ? Heard they are going to be on the down swing for the next few years. Actually one of the Dads told me they could start season 0-6. Heard all 3 attackmen together weigh 200lbs wet. Coach P better figure it out or they will chase him out of town. At least he better get his house built (one of the dads doing a fine job for him) I am sure they will have all the excuses ready to go. Since they play a very very weak league schedule they will get their wins. Somehow it will end up being Chaminades fault

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are obviously a GC parent. leave Chamninade out of it. your agenda is so clear, I guess you have a kid who you think got overlooked or overcome and now you want to get a shot in . why pick on specific kids? the ploy of going after a specific postion is an old one. your kid play D or middie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of lacrosse talent what is happening with GC ? Heard they are going to be on the down swing for the next few years. Actually one of the Dads told me they could start season 0-6. Heard all 3 attackmen together weigh 200lbs wet. Coach P better figure it out or they will chase him out of town. At least he better get his house built (one of the dads doing a fine job for him) I am sure they will have all the excuses ready to go. Since they play a very very weak league schedule they will get their wins. Somehow it will end up being Chaminades fault

I find it hard to believe that GC is starting 3 attack that weigh an average of 66.7 lbs. also why would they weigh them soaking wet? that would add weight, why not just say they weigh a combined 198.3 lbs? After you were done counting red helmets at Chaminade did you drive by GC and watch them weigh in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely DO NOT believe a GC dad said anything of the sort, but nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh its not beyond the realm of possibility for a GC dad (or mom especially) to bash kids on his kids team. its almost the new normal there. take a page from the Manhassett playbook. they seem to be quietly good year after year and you very rarely see them posting and dishing on BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who from GC is posting on here? Got any names or posts to direct us to where a GC parent is bashing someone? By the way shouldn't you be in 9th Period at Manhasset HS instead of on the computer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice feed of BS and you know it Your boy or boys either are the Red helmet groups Ask them when it's all done if and who made the team and how many Red helmets get cut
I'm just saying/ not spying could care less just an unofficial observation I had some time on my side and felt like watching For the senior father congrats I hope it's true every year
Just why do the red helmets get 4 rounds of drills and the non red only 1 or 2
I'm done this does not effect me in anyway so as I said Good Luck I just feel bad for the other boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. So UNTRUE. They take the best of the lot no matter what color helmet and have years and years of winning to prove it. My son was one of those without the red helmet and made it his senior year and what made it even more special was the fact that he wasnt the only one and Coach M pulled them aside and told them they deserved to be there. Actually having a different color helmet allows you to stand out good or bad

Love it!!! If your kid fought and fought until finally clawing his way onto the team as a senior I say hats off to him. 99% of kids in that situation would give up and move onto another sport. That tenacity will serve him well in the long run.

(And no I am not his father)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait to hear the bitching in another few years when your now freshman Varsity playing son gets cut to make room for a younger kid. You may say "best kids should play" now, but this will be the reality for some of you down the line. Do you really think you will be alright with that? It is embarrassing and sad to do to a kid who has been a hardworking teammate for 2-3 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant wait to hear the bitching in another few years when your now freshman Varsity playing son gets cut to make room for a younger kid. You may say "best kids should play" now, but this will be the reality for some of you down the line. Do you really think you will be alright with that? It is embarrassing and sad to do to a kid who has been a hardworking teammate for 2-3 years.

hardworking has nothing to do with playing time, most talent plays, player that gives the team the best chance to win plays. Wow if a kid who started in varsity as a 9th grader gets cut as a senior that town will be really really good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is sour....most likely any freshMan strong enough to make varsity will not be getting cut as a junior or senior. More likely that kid or kids will be the team leaders by that time. That's the whole point isn't it? Developing a core group for the future of the program. No coach will cut the hardworking players you mention as long as they are strong enough to contribute the team. Wins- that's what it's all about. This is HS not PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone is sour....most likely any freshMan strong enough to make varsity will not be getting cut as a junior or senior. More likely that kid or kids will be the team leaders by that time. That's the whole point isn't it? Developing a core group for the future of the program. No coach will cut the hardworking players you mention as long as they are strong enough to contribute the team. Wins- that's what it's all about. This is HS not PAL

Actually my son has been on varsity for 4 years at a top program, started for last 3. He's a senior. Some of his friends have lost their starting positions to younger kids that may or may not be better. Last year Jr.s We're cut down to JV to make way for sophomores some who contriuted, others did nothing. It's gamble, but these kids are deeply hurt by some of the decisions made where a young kid may be good, but unproven in his ability to compete against top competition. I say let them wait! Another thing is that it's not special anymore when you have already been playing varsity for 4 years, just another day at the office!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually my son has been on varsity for 4 years at a top program, started for last 3. He's a senior. Some of his friends have lost their starting positions to younger kids that may or may not be better. Last year Jr.s We're cut down to JV to make way for sophomores some who contriuted, others did nothing. It's gamble, but these kids are deeply hurt by some of the decisions made where a young kid may be good, but unproven in his ability to compete against top competition. I say let them wait! Another thing is that it's not special anymore when you have already been playing varsity for 4 years, just another day at the office!

So, When your son was in 9th grade and moved up to varsity (and did not even start)that was a good thing and he deserved it and he was going to be a huge contributor for years to come but now that he is a senior and his friends are losing playing time or getting cut, now it's time to "let them wait" - sort of like a son of immigrants running for president on a no immigrant platform

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is way to funny!!! The comment about creepy !,, That father / mother /???? Really now I think they need to check them selves..... The person had some time .......probably a hard working dad / mom or even a young man or women Wanted to relax chill down before going back to work or home...... Obviously likes sports !!! So now everyone is ripping him/ her apart for an unbiased comment What if he said he was a recruiter (maybe they are ione ) People stop by and watch games practices all the time it doesn't make them "creepy" It does make your thought process though ....I just hope all the boys whoever where ever get a fair shot to play Its a rough world out It is high school but they are still really just young men

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't even believe you guys comment on this stuff !, The drove by person.....obviously meant he stopped and watched the practice ....Looks like someone wants to pick a fight with him now... Childish response .... I love the call 911 comment too OMG seriously the people reading these thing can't take criticism If you know anything about Chaminade practice Jv and Fresh don't even and Varsity doesn't practice right off of Jericho turnpike
It's not creepy scary or twisted Its a comment if they were there at all Maybe they just want to get you going And it worked that could be his hobby concentrate on the young men having fun and playing for their school Enjoy the day

Page 8 of 77 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard