BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46
Re: High School Lax Girls
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are any of the other teams in Plainedge div any good? Lynbrook, Bethpage, Floral Park? and why are teams like Roosevelt and Roslyn in that div anyway

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
are any of the other teams in Plainedge div any good? Lynbrook, Bethpage, Floral Park? and why are teams like Roosevelt and Roslyn in that div anyway

Nassau does a power conference so all those teams first listed play each other during the year. For playoffs they all go back to their respective conference for playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau does a power conference so all those teams first listed play each other during the year. For playoffs they all go back to their respective conference for playoffs

So CSH drops down to "C" playoffs after playing the best of the best during their league schedule? Plainedge wins every league game and then has to play Manhasset Wantagh or GC in playoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or North Shore in B
B is stacked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i think North Shore surprises people this year. They will beat one or two of the 3 top teams in B this year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So CSH drops down to "C" playoffs after playing the best of the best during their league schedule? Plainedge wins every league game and then has to play Manhasset Wantagh or GC in playoffs?

That is correct...playoffs are by conference (school population size). B is stacked very year with GC, Manhasset, Wantagh, North Shore, LB...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct...playoffs are by conference (school population size). B is stacked very year with GC, Manhasset, Wantagh, North Shore, LB...
so teams either ask in or ask out of the power conference? Good for CSH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC will win the county

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm... What about the defending State Champs?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC will win the county

Is that Centereach or Newfield?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SUFFOLK!!
melville, northport, mc, w. islip, smitheast, smithwest

1. West Islip. Over the past two years they are 40 - 4 with a State Championship. Good coaching and a winning attitude will take them far. Strong leadership. Coaches and players expect to win.

2. Middle Country. Will compete but last year might have been their year. 18 - 1 last year and combined 29 - 7 over the past two years. I think they will be in the mix. Maybe they play with a chip on their shoulder. Are they hungry after last year?

3. Northport. 24 - 12 over the past two seasons. Coaching and tradition will keep them competitive. Not sure the horses are there to win the county but you never know. Usually play with a lot of attitude and emotion. Combine that with being well prepared for big games and they can surprise.

4/5. Toss up Smithtown East / Smithtown West. West is 24 - 10 while East is
23 - 11. the last two seasons. Not sure either team has the depth to challenge the top teams.

6. Ward Melville. 19 - 14 past two years. Historically will make playoffs and then lose to a team that they had beaten during the year. Better than .500 but can't see them winning.

Not sure if anyone else has a shot. Sachem East?

Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm From Nassau. No love for Mount Sinai ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai is a very strong program, Their youth coaches have built a strong program introduced a good summer Club program but their weakness is the Head Coach, he is a lucky man!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm From Nassau. No love for Mount Sinai ?

Honestly thought he was just ranking teams in the A division which I think they did a good job with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mrs. Rose can't win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai is a very strong program, Their youth coaches have built a strong program introduced a good summer Club program but their weakness is the Head Coach, he is a lucky man!

This is probably the dumbest statement on this board...ever! And I am not a YJ parent and live in a neighboring town who would love him as a coach for my daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mrs. Rose can't win

Really, I think Northport has won 7 county championships in the past 14 years. Not sure before 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Neighbor same here, but in our town the Youth program runs the whole program , and our Varsity coach lets the youth coaches pick his JV and varsity players for him.

This is probably the dumbest statement on this board...ever! And I am not a YJ parent and live in a neighboring town who would love him as a coach for my daughter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some not all of the people involved with this lax program have that attitude. I suspect it comes from one of their 2021 Mt. S. youth coaches. Played against both on seperate occasions in different scenarios, and they have been crazy 100% of the time. Real winners those two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What summer club program is that? Don't recall seeing Mt. Sinai at any summer tournaments last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. He's an amazing coach. That statement is ludicrous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are talking about R P

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are talking about R P

Says "Mount Sinai" - how did you get RP out of that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea Neighbor same here, but in our town the Youth program runs the whole program , and our Varsity coach lets the youth coaches pick his JV and varsity players for him.

Here is the RP post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC will win the county

Is that Centereach or Newfield?

How many girls try out for MC Varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the RP post

How the [lacrosse] does RP have a JV coach that doesn't even know how to hold a stick? Screams like a lunatic, degrades and screams his head off at refs and the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the RP post

How the [lacrosse] does RP have a JV coach that doesn't even know how to hold a stick? Screams like a lunatic, degrades and screams his head off at refs and the girls.

Not to mention the clear conflict of interest with the RP youth / tournament teams he coaches. New AD coming after this year, hopefully with the stones to make some changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because he offers free mis-informative lacrosse training and free track use on saturdays with every purchase of buying into his BS.
Amazing the varsity coach bought into it another year .
Some things will never change !

Here is the RP post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's known by many nicknames but one thing is for sure he has become " Freemasonry " of girls RP lacrosse .. the secret underworld that will not go away until someone in charge grows a pair of balls and wipes the slate clean !

quote=Anonymous]

Here is the RP post

Not to mention the clear conflict of interest with the RP youth / tournament teams he coaches. New AD coming after this year, hopefully with the stones to make some changes.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Believe it or nit not that many as u think. Jv nay only have 15 girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the Varsity and JV numbers look in Huntington? Will they bring any 8th/9th graders up this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better 8th graders on the move up. That's a fact Jack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any update on the LI All American games? My daughter is finally of age, and while I know some readers say it's a biased selection it was a great day last year to watch some very talented lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better 8th graders on the move up. That's a fact Jack

HA-HA-HA-HA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous that Huntington has 7th and 8 th graders trying out for varsity and jv.... Are they that desperate for talent?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nut bag parents have final say still

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, are the parents of juniors and seniors who are not very good also considered nut bags when they lobby for their daughter even when it is clear that younger players are better? Or do you subscribe to the wait your turn model?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, are the parents of juniors and seniors who are not very good also considered nut bags when they lobby for their daughter even when it is clear that younger players are better? Or do you subscribe to the wait your turn model?

Sounds like the usual control issues inherent in the town program – cronyism, living by the bay, maybe being a member of the 'club', travel coach affiliations – and this is just the girls' side. Kind of like most programs, huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DO you really think that a coach would not put his best 12 girls on the field? Even if the 7th or 8th graders were on varsity, they would play based on their ability to get the job done. To play a less skilled girl would be ludicrous. Now having an 8th grader and 10th grader all other things being equal, I may lean towards playing the younger player as I could get more years and development out of her. Let's face it if an 8th grader is as good as a 10th or 11th grader now at this point the upside to this player is greater. Many times an 8th grade travel girls with triple or more game (including big games in finals of tourns) that a non-travel but solid mutli-sport upperclassman. But there is much to be said for emotional maturity of a player as well. So many variables, and many ways to look at it. Depends on the coaches philosophy.

Page 3 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard