BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Manhattan and Marist? Local power houses.

Carolina at Manhattan 3/14 in the Bronx. Will UNC score 20? Will Manhattan score?

Manhattan is going to win by 3 goals.

Now that is funny!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Hop and UMD the B1G is really weak this year.

Tambroni has made less of more with all the funding he gets at Penn State. They can't beat a UPenn team where half the upperclass kids quit the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did kids quit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke blew what should have been an easy win. Denver barely beats UNC even after winning all the F/O. Hofstra's streak over. I'm liking Harvard a lot. Villanova, Towson, Loyola, Syracuse looking good. Still not sure aboutND, they haven't played a real game yet. We'll see how they do tonight without winning F/Os

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well coaches Son didn't play at all yesterday and Bing still got beat badly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke blew what should have been an easy win. Denver barely beats UNC even after winning all the F/O. Hofstra's streak over. I'm liking Harvard a lot. Villanova, Towson, Loyola, Syracuse looking good. Still not sure aboutND, they haven't played a real game yet. We'll see how they do tonight without winning F/Os

What I saw yesterday was a Duke team that would lose to Harvard 8 times in 10. Either Harvard is very underrated or Duke is very overrated, or both is the case to some extent. Myles Jones is a real special player, and Deemer Class has been great for 4 years. Next year will be the first Dino team without the two recruits of a lifetime in Jones or Jordan Wolf, and we will see how sustainable this dynasty is when we see the next few Duke teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

They haven't played anyone. Fairfield, Wagner and St Johns are horrible. Talk to us when the Big 10 schedule starts.

Fair point but they did beat Army who lost to Cuse by 1. I am curious to see what they do once the Big 10 games start.

Fairfield is alarmingly bad this season. Wagner seems to be somewhat improved but still at the lower end of D1 and god only knows what the heck is wrong with St. Johns. I cant understand how theyre not better given their location.

Fairfield Head Coach has clearly lost that team... Anyone know what's happening with that guy? 8 years in CAA with no title and an implosion in the making at the moment. A number of high profile freshman recruits transferred out after last year. Something is not right there. He should be able to win with the talent available to him within 100 miles. What's the deal?

Looks like a few 2017 Fairfield commits have switched commitments as well. My son was at their prospect day last year and the head coach was talking like that team would be top 20 and making tournament appearances, now it looks like they will struggle to win another game. Total train wreck right now, wondering how long head coach keeps his job at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What I saw yesterday was a Duke team that would lose to Harvard 8 times in 10. Either Harvard is very underrated or Duke is very overrated, or both is the case to some extent. Myles Jones is a real special player, and Deemer Class has been great for 4 years. Next year will be the first Dino team without the two recruits of a lifetime in Jones or Jordan Wolf, and we will see how sustainable this dynasty is when we see the next few Duke teams.

They will graduate a lot this year but I am sure they will be fine in the future. Guterding is a terrific player and will carry the load on attack next year. If one or two players can step up and generate some offense from the midfield Duke will win their share of games next year. Goalie returns along with FOGO's, LSM and the Defense should be capable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke has issues in the cage. D ball watches too much. They don't have any obvious next year AAs coming back after Guterding and he is more of a finisher than an initiator. Who will be at X next year? Matheis is ok, but not the player he was hyped to be coming out of high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First half of the 10 goals Harvard scored 8 of them were point blank shots that nobody would have saved. I think the goalie had 5 or so really good saves that should have been goals. Totally agree about the defense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First half of the 10 goals Harvard scored 8 of them were point blank shots that nobody would have saved. I think the goalie had 5 or so really good saves that should have been goals. Totally agree about the defense.

Goalie kept them in the game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with Binghamton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at the game and I have to say I was unimpressed with Miles. He barely moved without the ball. His biggest play is when he bull dodged a Harvard attackman and the threw the ball away. The goalie 100% for Duke kept them in the game. Stood on his head. Saves he made were point blank as were goals against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the preseason press had them on a down year so its not too surprising that they are struggling. Doesnt get any easier for them either as the America East is pretty strong this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke goes down AGAIN, lol!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at the game and I have to say I was unimpressed with Miles. He barely moved without the ball. His biggest play is when he bull dodged a Harvard attackman and the threw the ball away. The goalie 100% for Duke kept them in the game. Stood on his head. Saves he made were point blank as were goals against.

Lightening strikes twice. Richmond beats Duke. The ball watching on D or Duke is stunning bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke loses to Richmond today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lightening strikes twice. Richmond beats Duke. The ball watching on D or Duke is stunning bad.

Defensively is horrendous. Goalie standing on head and D is ball watching. Middies aren't staying on men resulting in easy opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the preseason press had them on a down year so its not too surprising that they are struggling. Doesnt get any easier for them either as the America East is pretty strong this year.

Struggling is one thing but this looks like a different team from last year. Hearing things like problems starting from the top down. Coaching issues?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of things that jump out in the Richmond-Duke game. Richmond coaching staff did a great job recruiting, for them to be this competitive this soon is very impressive. However Duke was clearly more talented but they seemed to be sleepwalking through the game while the Richmond kids were hustling and battling like crazy. I also agree with the earlier post, Dukes D is mediocre at best, they are atrociously bad off ball and their communication is almost non existent. Having said all of that, dont be suprised if they are there final four weekend, Danowski always figures it out somehow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never been impressed with Miles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure on the details at Duke, but remember this is the week where most colleges started spring break, and it is the mid-semester. It is possible this Duke team looks ragged because the kids just finished mid-term exams week. Jones looks particularly ragged, and it could also be he's been sick. Jones has shown what he can do in the past few years and he is really good when he's on.

Have to disagree on the goalie. I know this is a proud LI board, but he couldn't stop anything in the first half against Harvard including some outside bombs he could see from 14-16 yards. In the second half Harvard shot into his chest once and into his shins 2 times. Those aren't standing on your head saves were Harvard blew some easy finishes at the doorstep. He struggled last night too, especially on the low shots. Teams are going to pound it low on Fowler until he shows he can save them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myles has had a really good run over the last two years. Not many better than him. What is there not to be impressed about? Could it be he moves so different than most players on the field that we just don't appreciate what he does. I for one was in that camp when I saw him play in high school. It wasn't until his sophomore year in college that I realized he isn't your prototypical LI lacrosse player; however, he is still extremely effective. He is a great passer off the dodge(underappreciated), as well as, can get the good shot off. I don't know what more you are looking for from him. As for the turnover, I think most players have them.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Not sure on the details at Duke, but remember this is the week where most colleges started spring break, and it is the mid-semester. It is possible this Duke team looks ragged because the kids just finished mid-term exams week. Jones looks particularly ragged, and it could also be he's been sick. Jones has shown what he can do in the past few years and he is really good when he's on.

Have to disagree on the goalie. I know this is a proud LI board, but he couldn't stop anything in the first half against Harvard including some outside bombs he could see from 14-16 yards. In the second half Harvard shot into his chest once and into his shins 2 times. Those aren't standing on your head saves were Harvard blew some easy finishes at the doorstep. He struggled last night too, especially on the low shots. Teams are going to pound it low on Fowler until he shows he can save them.

No way sorry. He let in one outside shot that his defensemen clearly screened him on. As for saves I think versus Harvard he had 14 and they were point blank. He was diving across net because the backside d man was ball watching and was never in place to defend the backside or skip pass that Harvard was using all day long. The defenders were ball watching and not giving the goalie a chance. As for the Midfield they played no defense on transition. Its a shame because when you dont know about the goalie position it always is the goalies fault. Remember this, before the goalie gets beat the offense got beat then didn't ride, the middies didnt slow transition and the defense gets beat. I would say if the goals were from 15 yards out and he wasn't seeing the ball take him out. 90% of goals were from 5 yards or closer. Defense is young and inexperienced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Myles has had a really good run over the last two years. Not many better than him. What is there not to be impressed about? Could it be he moves so different than most players on the field that we just don't appreciate what he does. I for one was in that camp when I saw him play in high school. It wasn't until his sophomore year in college that I realized he isn't your prototypical LI lacrosse player; however, he is still extremely effective. He is a great passer off the dodge(underappreciated), as well as, can get the good shot off. I don't know what more you are looking for from him. As for the turnover, I think most players have them.

I get all that. I think he's a very good system player, who happens to be overrated.

There are plenty of other middies out there that have a better game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Struggling is one thing but this looks like a different team from last year. Hearing things like problems starting from the top down. Coaching issues?

Not impressed at all with the coaching staff. Was at the Marist game. How do you allow one player to score 7 goals? He was their only offense. Slide early to him and make him become a feeder or shut him off. I also noticed this is not a very big team. From a recruiting standpoint, they are a SUNY (inexpensive tuition in state) school with a very good academic reputation. How do you not sell that to NY parents? With the cost of college these days you should be doing much better recruiting NY. I also hear the HC's personality leaves a lot to be desired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 4 very good kids from class of 2017 from LI comitted there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know 4 very good kids from class of 2017 from LI comitted there.

All the kids there are very talented. Many from Long Island. It's not the lack of talent it's how the program is run. The game day decisions and the lack of leadership And as one person noted, the head coach's personality is causing a very good team to struggle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is big, that is all. Marginal stickwork, limited IQ. It's all about Myles when he is out there. There are a ton of better middies but the press gives him way too much credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dino is the college lacrosse version of Dean Smith. His results are enviable, but he has had stacked teams since he got to Duke. Where were all the people calling him a genius who always figures it out and has teams that pull through in May over 21 years at Hofstra? Basically he has shown what he can do when he is the jockey of a top tier money and draw program at a destination school over a middle tier program. This is the first Duke team in many years that just isn't very talented or skilled on defense, is thin at midfield and has an X attack man who is an ok system guy but is not very athletic or dominant from X. I agree you can't throw fault at Fowler, but a top college goalie he ain't.

If Dino can take these lemons and make lemonade I will be sold he is a genius. Right now I don't see this team winning more than 1 ACC game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is big, that is all. Marginal stickwork, limited IQ. It's all about Myles when he is out there. There are a ton of better middies but the press gives him way too much credit.

Apparently the MLL seems to think more of him than you do. But I will say he did not look totally in shape.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently the MLL seems to think more of him than you do. But I will say he did not look totally in shape.

That's what happens when you play on the Outlaws. You get used to mediocrity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Myles ball watches and walks around off ball. Not impressed at all. Duke will play a charged up Loyola team this weekend at 11:00 am. Loyola wins and Myles walks around on top of the box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the ACC we've recently gotten used to hearing about how UVA is headed into a "must win" game in March having already gotten off to a slow start. Is this a must win for Duke?

I'd have to say this isn't a trap game, and since Duke is on spring break and not distracted by mid-term exams or any other academic calendar demands...there is no excuse for the Blue Devils now. They lose to Loyola they aren't a good team and it isn't worth a debate. I don't know if Jones has been ill, injured or if he just has some motivation issues now after being told he's the man by everyone around him for two years now. But you are what you do on the field and right now no Duke player is showing they are an AA or an All-ACC type player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Miles thinks he is better than he really is. Size is all he has which has gotten him far but now people are use to it and made adjustments. Covered by a freshmen when they played Lehigh and held to 1 goal. If you watch (Hofstra) he gets frustrated really quick and if he doesnt get his shots he forces it. He then tries to stay on the field and he can not cover smaller quicker players at all. Also throws the ball away a lot. Has a hard shot but not from 20 -25 yards. Duke is hurting and all the attention is on him and I think the pressure is getting to him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agee. Myles will not be good in the MLL and Duke will fizzle out. Denver on the other hand is moving the ball like lighting. Off the charts off ball movement and getting rid of the ball. On the other hand MD is dying as well. The ball hits the attack cross and just dies. limited to no ball movement. UGG. Sorry Terps, unless you get your head up and move the ball faster nothing good will happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must say Tierney has been a fabulous caretaker of the Jamie Munro dynasty at Denver. Heh heh. Denver seems to have bottled the Canadian box style of play in a perfect way into the field game. When you watch most Maryland kids playing lacrosse now it is always dodge first, then have a Plan B to pass. Canadian kids and kids who grew up playing on the West Coast seem to have it in their DNA that if they are running with the ball for more than 6-7 seconds, then they are doing everything wrong. It is definitely a more entertaining and impressive way of playing. UMD and Hopkins are a perfect reflection of half court slow forming torture on offense. It honestly looks like soccer sometimes waiting for a play to form. And I hate soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must say Tierney has been a fabulous caretaker of the Jamie Munro dynasty at Denver. Heh heh. Denver seems to have bottled the Canadian box style of play in a perfect way into the field game. When you watch most Maryland kids playing lacrosse now it is always dodge first, then have a Plan B to pass. Canadian kids and kids who grew up playing on the West Coast seem to have it in their DNA that if they are running with the ball for more than 6-7 seconds, then they are doing everything wrong. It is definitely a more entertaining and impressive way of playing. UMD and Hopkins are a perfect reflection of half court slow forming torture on offense. It honestly looks like soccer sometimes waiting for a play to form. And I hate soccer.

Amen. Well said. I wish Long Island kids would play Box, but they don't want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best also kids are playing box...
Amen. Well said. I wish Long Island kids would play Box, but they don't want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they played Box in the off-season, then they wouldn't be those coveted multi-sport athletes anymore. They'd just be really exceptional Lacrosse players that you just described above. Imagine that? Been saying this for years, you can play all the football and basketball you want, it will never improve your lax skills. Same reason the Basketball phenoms from the cities never play lax in the spring to get better at Basketball. When a kid is a highly successful multi-sport athlete, its because of god given athleticism. The other sports have nothing to do with it. Clearly, what we're learning is: Kids like those at Denver are becoming amazing lacrosse players by working on their game. Not by playing football. Seems like the facts are supporting this.

Page 6 of 24 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard