BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Long Island Jesters
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about their experiences with the Jesters? all information will be helpful Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Jesters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
had two boys play for them and loved it, great experience a little more of a low key atmosphere then some other programs but the guy at the top really seems to care about the program and the kids in it. they have always been the best bargain for your buck although they seem to be raising fees to come more in line with the rest. except for one or two teams they are not elite but more middle of the pack ability wise. I would highly recommend them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highly recommend them....they offer comparable training to the other programs without a lot of the nonsense. The directors are great people who really care about the kids. The coaches are excellent...for the younger kids grade 2-4, the price is a fraction of other programs and the training is the same if not better.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
That is one of the reasons I went with them, THat and I am more interested in my son having a good time learning the game and finding a love for the sport than I am in putting him through tryouts in 2nd grade. However as a parent I want to make sure that the people who run the program are good people and have my childs best interest at heart, I dont want it to be like the town team we play on and nothing more. Thank You for the information I think the best place to get it from is parents smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son doesnt play for the Jesters, but the guy at the top is a class act and he really cares about the kids. Not all about the money with him.

If my son didnt have so many friends on his current team I would be over here in a second.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Do you know where they practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Mom-

Having read many of your post on this and other threads I have to give you credit for doing your research before your son gets involved in "elite" travel lacrosse. I think most have given you good advice and agree with the majority of thoughts that were shared. I have three sons in travel lacrosse, all involved in the teams of the more "popular" threads discussed recently. It can seem overwhelming with how you make your descisions. As some have said, initially place your young son in an situation where he is going to have fun. As the season progresses you can assess the quality of the program, team, and his experience. If he, and you, are not happy make a change for next year. Many options that look good initially may not be the best choice. Some of the "larger" programs that are the focus of much negativety on this forum can and do provide an exceptional experience at the "team" level. Some of the more recent conversation about "smaller" programs may provide a good experience for a few. Keep in mind that some smaller programs only exist for the coaches son to play with his friends, they may not have teams at other age levels. Count the adults on the team sidelines, if you see 4 or 5 men (coaches) standing there it may indicate 4 or 5 sons on that team. That can lead to issues down the road. So in short, it is not that the program is "Express or 91" or "Igloo", it is the experience. You will learn much in your first year, well beyond any opinion, including mine, that is offered on these boards. Play PAL, play "elite" travel, have fun, at 8 years old you and your son have time to make your mistakes, learn and move on.

Best of luck-

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thank You! I am not necessarily looking for a permanent place in 2nd grade...If I find a wonderful team we stay with through the end that will be a wonderful miracle. I am really just trying to find the team that will push him to become a better player and still let him have fun and I am hoping to find some parents that arent talking scholarships in 2nd grade...lol. I dont need a drill instructor coach right now there is plenty of time for that in the future. Right now I am trying to cultivate his love for the sport and expose him to something besides PAL. I appreciate all the information I have gotten from everyone on here...it has been helpful. Good luck to all of your boys this season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who is the owner of the long island jesters, can someone give me his name?? thank you

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who is the owner of the long island jesters, can someone give me his name?? thank you
The Long Island Jesters Directors are Rich Nessim (2021 Coach) and Jim Byrns (2014/2020 Coach).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2015 Jesters a force to be reckoned with, just won
U15AA Division at summer slam in Philadelphia

Now 12-0-1 for summer tie was with fl$

UMASS tournament next not bad for a Team with
A supposed bunch of no names whom play very
well together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

well together.

good for them, a bunch of kids that nobody wanted, good coaching, good organization and the best director on the scene. congratulations and keep it up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the Jesters will get to play against fl$ at UMass to break that tie. Given their record so far this year, I'd say Jesters would be the favorite until proven otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

well together.

good for them, a bunch of kids that nobody wanted, good coaching, good organization and the best director on the scene. congratulations and keep it up

Any openings on the 2014 team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't Jesters go to Tri-State? If you are 12-0-1 you sound like a good team. Play with the big boy's and see what happens. UMass??? The only reason teams go to UMass is to duck the competition at Tri-State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That goes for fl$ then too. They lost a close one to Express last year so why not come back and try to redeem? I don't think fl$ 2015 wants any part of the Express. Seems like theyve structured their schedule to avoid the Express after losing a bunch of close ones and only winning one last year. Enjoy the last few days of being u15 champs. You don't have a prayer this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Sizzle??? Who was at that tournament??? The Bronx bloomer girls??? fl$ was at the Crab Fest this past weekend playing the same teams Express played at the NSCLA tournament. When you beat (not tie) a legit team them come on here and beat your chest about being 12-0-1! Good luck at the U-15 and get to Disney because that will be the only positive thing that will come out of your trip. This isnt last years (2014) Jesters team. By the way, Rich is a great guy!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That goes for fl$ then too. They lost a close one to Express last year so why not come back and try to redeem? I don't think fl$ 2015 wants any part of the Express. Seems like theyve structured their schedule to avoid the Express after losing a bunch of close ones and only winning one last year. Enjoy the last few days of being u15 champs. You don't have a prayer this year.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!.....the lacrosse world and the mindset of all involved does not revolve around the LI Express....to think that coaches, parents and directors plan all of their summers around the Long Island Express is a perfect example of unearned arrogance on the part of many involved with that program, nobody cares where you guys play, I heard that Roger Clemens retired from pitching because an express player switched over to baseball and he was afraid to pitch to him...I guess well never know. The only people fascinated with the express are the people people paying the bill that need to feel their son is playing on the best team in the world, thus giving them some sort of status in the lacrosse community....move on, nobody cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how did that work out for you? Take away two GC varsity players and what do you have? Not much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dont care? Thanks for taking the time to post your feelings. Dont forget about Epcot, great beers from around the world.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEWS FLASH!!!!!.....the lacrosse world and the mindset of all involved does not revolve around the LI Express....to think that coaches, parents and directors plan all of their summers around the Long Island Express is a perfect example of unearned arrogance on the part of many involved with that program, nobody cares where you guys play, I heard that Roger Clemens retired from pitching because an express player switched over to baseball and he was afraid to pitch to him...I guess well never know. The only people fascinated with the express are the people people paying the bill that need to feel their son is playing on the best team in the world, thus giving them some sort of status in the lacrosse community....move on, nobody cares.

fl$ 2015 is still a very good team but has slipped back. I'd say two years ago they were maybe #1 on L.I. in 2015. Now probably no better than 4th behind Express Orange, Ballers and Jesters. Subpar defense since they asked their best defenseman to leave. He's now with guess who? The midfield has also been hurt by a few top ones leaving. Not to mention half the team trying out for Express. What's going on there? Kudos to the Jesters for breaking the duopoly. We'll see how it all works out in FL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters, Ballers and Express all on a roll. When was the last time fl$ 2015 won a tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How could any plan their summer around the Express. They kept their schedules behind close doors then change them to suit their needs. If anyone dodges teams, it's the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction: fl$ 2015 won't make the final 4 in FL. Great F/O but selfish and undisciplined "can you top this" run and gun super star offensive mentality (no set offense - can't pass it around more than 3 passes) and weak defense. Looks like tarzan in warmups and 1-1s but plays like Jane against fundamentally sound and disciplined teams. Play rope-a-dope against them and they will get frustrated and make mistakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny! Express dodging teams? I guess your right. They dodged all the LI teams so they can play the best teams from around the country. You have it all figured out! Tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, seems like fl$ 2015 is the one that changed their schedule to avoid Express. fl$ 2015 is not going to Tri-State although most of the other fl$ teams above and below are going to tri-state. One and done? That looks like a dodge to me. Does anybody know what the last tournament was that fl$ 2015 won? It's been a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of rumors going around that the 2017 Express Piranhas group is breaking up and possibly coming to the Jesters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of rumors going around that the 2017 Express Piranhas group is breaking up and possibly coming to the Jesters?

I know a lot of the Piranha parents are absolutely disgusted by what happened to their team at the end of the season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they jumped ship to the Jesters. Jesters director is a class act and would never pull the crap that the Express does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, because now the Sharks have been formed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Speak to a few of the parents of this years 2017 Jesters team(s) and see what they say, my friends son played on the teams and was very upset about the confusion of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When we merge, we will make an Orange & Blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played on one of the 2017 Jesters teams. If its true that a bunch of the Piranha kids might come over I don't think there is any doubt we could put together a very competitive team. The organization needs to commit to doing a true "A" team and get some quality coaching. Love to see the Jesters field a team hat could compete with the big boys.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

LMAO!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters need to be in the mix, their older teams are very good. They need to catch up at this age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when their tryouts are going to be? My son played with a "big" club and it was a horror show. Coaches kid never came off the field and the sidelines were a dysfunctional mess. Ive heard really good things about the Jesters organization. Any help would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played on one of the 2017 Jesters teams. If its true that a bunch of the Piranha kids might come over I don't think there is any doubt we could put together a very competitive team. The organization needs to commit to doing a true "A" team and get some quality coaching. Love to see the Jesters field a team hat could compete with the big boys.

Didnt the Jesters have two teams this year? As I remember they had some pretty good players.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Didnt the Jesters have two teams this year? As I remember they had some pretty good players.

started with one team with 29 players, then after 2 tournaments divided into a "A" and "B" team. after the "A" team won parents complained and the teams were split evenly. They have some good decent players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 9th grade team is very good. My son is looking for a decent 7th grade team and he doesnt want to play with one of the monster organizations. Anyone know when tryouts will be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think tryouts were in late September last year. Might be earlier this year like everyone else is doing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters seem to be doing well at the National Championships.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard