BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 77 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
that's really an honest assessment of what happened in our town. wont name town but its an easy guess.

How many of you really think parents use the threat of Catholic schools to coerce varsity hs coaches. I call BS. I see more and more when one of the better players is even considering a catholic school they keep it to themselves.

It cant be both can it, Can it? Is one worse than the other in ones eyes. I can see a family in either situation just wanting the best for their child. Since we are not present during the conversations we cannot really say what was said... but I am sure, Just like most things in life it is all in the delivery and tone.

There have been lots of things in this world misinterpreted due to delivery and tone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using the threat of "going Catholic" doesn't seem to make much sense. If your kid is such a stud then you would assume he'll be a varsity member as a sophomore, whereas the two best Catholics don't have a habit of bringing up either sophs and certainly no freshman.
I suppose you can make try it but if this works then the HS coach is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really disagree with that whole concept. Varsity HS sports are not just win programs. Just the opposite. The proof is how many varsity programs struggle and the coach stays? When was the last public HS coach fired for not winning? If the Junior or Senior are equal to the Frosh they play, the freshman gets some varsity game time. Varsity HS sports are there for character building and bonding. Not a single program is "win or else" in HS. Not in NYS anyway. Sorry but NYS public schools are just not like that. Texas maybe but not here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's really an honest assessment of what happened in our town. wont name town but its an easy guess.

How many of you really think parents use the threat of Catholic schools to coerce varsity hs coaches. I call BS. I see more and more when one of the better players is even considering a catholic school they keep it to themselves.

It cant be both can it, Can it? Is one worse than the other in ones eyes. I can see a family in either situation just wanting the best for their child. Since we are not present during the conversations we cannot really say what was said... but I am sure, Just like most things in life it is all in the delivery and tone.

There have been lots of things in this world misinterpreted due to delivery and tone.

The Chaminade card gets used all the time. Don't kid yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really disagree with that whole concept. Varsity HS sports are not just win programs. Just the opposite. The proof is how many varsity programs struggle and the coach stays? When was the last public HS coach fired for not winning? If the Junior or Senior are equal to the Frosh they play, the freshman gets some varsity game time. Varsity HS sports are there for character building and bonding. Not a single program is "win or else" in HS. Not in NYS anyway. Sorry but NYS public schools are just not like that. Texas maybe but not here.

You are correct. Nobody cares except the kids playing aND their parents, and SOME coaches. Athletic director could care less. School board could care less. They only become interested if the team is winning and in playoffs. Nobody losing jobs. Best kids should play, however if it's a freshman, there better be no doubt!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Chaminade card gets used all the time. Don't kid yourself.

Seems like it could really backfire, especially in the "usual suspect" towns: Garden City and Manhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using the threat of "going Catholic" doesn't seem to make much sense. If your kid is such a stud then you would assume he'll be a varsity member as a sophomore, whereas the two best Catholics don't have a habit of bringing up either sophs and certainly no freshman.
I suppose you can make try it but if this works then the HS coach is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

This policy of not taking up upperclassmen is due to the fact that they don't have to. You parents that keep sending your kids there in droves have caused this. Believe me if there were 40% less kids going out for the team, they would cherry pick the best underclassmen in order to compete. But now they would rather have a policy of not, as to not have to hear the complaining of why one sophomore was brought up and another wasn't. Has nothing to do with what's best for the program or the child. They can be fat and happy and not have to even look at players until they are upperclassmen. So to the parents who complain about this policy. If you have an underclass superstar and want them to play on varsity early, stop trying to change or merely complain about it. Vote with your feet and show us just how unbelievable little Johnny is somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This policy of not taking up upperclassmen is due to the fact that they don't have to. You parents that keep sending your kids there in droves have caused this. Believe me if there were 40% less kids going out for the team, they would cherry pick the best underclassmen in order to compete. But now they would rather have a policy of not, as to not have to hear the complaining of why one sophomore was brought up and another wasn't. Has nothing to do with what's best for the program or the child. They can be fat and happy and not have to even look at players until they are upperclassmen. So to the parents who complain about this policy. If you have an underclass superstar and want them to play on varsity early, stop trying to change or merely complain about it. Vote with your feet and show us just how unbelievable little Johnny is somewhere else.

Ditto that in Syosset we wish the whining parents of our sophomores would beat feet to the Catholics. These parents look through rose tinted glasses rather having them evaluated by the coaching staff but that is what happens when daddy coaches his little boy and can't manipulate the situation. One would've thought winning a Nassau and LI Championship would give the staff some credibility but the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the other kids get the shaft.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really why air dirty laundry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really why air dirty laundry

this site is dedicated to airing dirty laundry, a better question is why air dirty laundry in an incoherent post that even the people familiar with the situation have no idea what the point of the post was?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best first day of practice weather in recent memory, good sign that we are going to have a great spring lacrosse season. To all the boys I want to wish you a great spring season, have fun, stay healthy and do your best. To all the parents, enjoy the season root for your sons and your sons teams it goes by really fast so enjoy every minute of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville lacrosse beginning a new era. Thanks for the many years of high level coaching and unparalleled dedication to the program Coach Dollar. I, for one, appreciated the way you handled the transition with class.

Good luck to the boys this year. Lets support our new coach and be positive about the coming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey you sound like a nice person , what the [lacrosse]
Are you trying to start. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool it Syo it's the same story year in year out for the past 5 seasons. The boys will all do just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 2019's from Massapequa on the varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

have they completed tryouts or are these four just with the varsity for tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville lacrosse beginning a new era. Thanks for the many years of high level coaching and unparalleled dedication to the program Coach Dollar. I, for one, appreciated the way you handled the transition with class.

Good luck to the boys this year. Lets support our new coach and be positive about the coming season.

It will be hard to get used to watching Sayville play without Coach D on the sideline. He instilled confidence in the boys that carried through to real life. Let's hope we get off to a strong start to the season or it could be very difficult to endure. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

have they completed tryouts or are these four just with the varsity for tryouts?

Are the 2017/2018's that thin ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are not complete. Only one day of practice.
55 kids at tryouts need to get it down to 38- I believe they only took one freshman last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid must be really good or the varsity team is need of players because of school size. How do the coaches move up a kid in 9th grade to varsity unless they are a week hs team. How did the base his level of play? Did they base it on middle school games. If your kid deserves to be there then great. I've seen teams move up kids to varsity and play a position other then what he plays. The reality is that there are kids that are clearly better at the position then the kid they brought up that are kept down. Number one it's not fare to the other kids that are true to that position. Looks like varsity is doing a favor to someone. Go sit in your corner. You know the truth. You do for me I do for you. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I think this guy is full of it. Good luck to your son. Hope all goes well for him and he deserves to be there. One thing be true to yourself and don't sugar coat it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one has made team yet- tryout are still going on. Well see what happens with the 4 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid must be really good or the varsity team is need of players because of school size. How do the coaches move up a kid in 9th grade to varsity unless they are a week hs team. How did the base his level of play? Did they base it on middle school games. If your kid deserves to be there then great. I've seen teams move up kids to varsity and play a position other then what he plays. The reality is that there are kids that are clearly better at the position then the kid they brought up that are kept down. Number one it's not fare to the other kids that are true to that position. Looks like varsity is doing a favor to someone. Go sit in your corner. You know the truth. You do for me I do for you. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I think this guy is full of it. Good luck to your son. Hope all goes well for him and he deserves to be there. One thing be true to yourself and don't sugar coat it.

Lets start off by saying you do owe me an APOLOGY. Damn that was very negative and nasty. My son earned his spot by playing with the varsity all summer, fall and winter. He is talented(not bragging or saying he is the best, but he holds his own.). Also he is playing his true position and the players on the team have been the one who have been backing and supporting him. NOT once have I ever spoken to the coach or did a sell on why my son should be on varsity. If anything I told him I want him to develop and where ever he fits is where he will be and we will be fine with it. No sugar coating and I am always true to myself and everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are. We talking Massaqpequa, because to my knowledge
No team has been picked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe this guy was referring to a previous post about a 9th grader who was brought up. he mentioned about the father sitting in the corner. I guess his son wasnt brought up and now he is upset that other kids get the opportunity. sorry no need to bring in a kid when its the father who is the problem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the dad who just posted asking for the apology- What year is your son? Is he one of the 2019's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 and not a hold back and not from massapequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well good luck to him. I hope he has a great season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are we making such a big deal about freshman from Massapequa. It's no different then any other town and if kids play Varsity as freshman .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid is brought up to varsity and plays a different position than he plays and you have kids that are better at that position because it's the position that they have played what would you make of it? I by no means are mad because my kid didn't get brought up I'm just saying what does that tell the other kids on the team. I'm not worried about my kid honestly. Could care less. He can make any A team out there. It sends a bad message to the rest of the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not about the kids being moved up. It's about the politics. What this guy is saying isn't out of the ordinary with the hs coaches. I believe he said good luck to the kid. I wish him all the luck also but call it what it is. Why would they pull a kid up, play him out of position rather then bring a kid up that is good at that position. Seems to me that it makes no sense unless someone is doing someone a favor. Anybody have an answer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not about the kids being moved up. It's about the politics. What this guy is saying isn't out of the ordinary with the hs coaches. I believe he said good luck to the kid. I wish him all the luck also but call it what it is. Why would they pull a kid up, play him out of position rather then bring a kid up that is good at that position. Seems to me that it makes no sense unless someone is doing someone a favor. Anybody have an answer?

Out of position? how many kids get recruited at one position and play another in college? any doubt Myles Jones could have played out of position and still be the best player on his team at ssdm or lsm? kid at Manhasset was a great attack but they needed him at mid field so he played "out of position". got to get your best players on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid is brought up to varsity and plays a different position than he plays and you have kids that are better at that position because it's the position that they have played what would you make of it? I by no means are mad because my kid didn't get brought up I'm just saying what does that tell the other kids on the team. I'm not worried about my kid honestly. Could care less. He can make any A team out there. It sends a bad message to the rest of the kids.

So you are telling me a kid goes up to Varsity switches position but is not better then the kids there at the same position? So why would he switch positions in the first place?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good coaches identify talent and put the puzzle together. Sometimes that means having a kid switch positions for the good of the team. It is a coaches job to put kids in the position that the coach believes will help the team the most. If a kid wants to play attack but the coach says "we need you on D" then the kid plays D. If the player does not want to switch positions then maybe they don't get playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any reason to assume the freshman players are being brought up to play positions other than their own? This is Massapequa correct? Didn't they win States just 2 years ago? These 9th graders are only being looked at is my guess. Could be the future of this program down the line. Coaches know what they are doing in that town-
Maybe thinking long term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there any reason to assume the freshman players are being brought up to play positions other than their own? This is Massapequa correct? Didn't they win States just 2 years ago? These 9th graders are only being looked at is my guess. Could be the future of this program down the line. Coaches know what they are doing in that town-
Maybe thinking long term.

Not sure why everyone is so concerned with freshman playing varsity, most all schools do, if i remember correctly, didn't Syosset have at least 3 freshman starting or at least have a big role on the varsity team last year?

If the coach deems necessary to have freshman play ahead of the upperclassman, should the people concerned take it up with the coaching staff and not here. I commend the younger players, it just proves they are trying harder and want it more than the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my home town has 4 natural LSM's and all 4 will play this year, two at close, 1 at LSM and 1 at SSDM....players gonna play play play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are we making such a big deal about freshman from Massapequa. It's no different then any other town and if kids play Varsity as freshman .

SOOOOO,
Nice try, but

Is my Freshman varsity player for East Rockaway likely to be as talented as your Fresman Varsity player for Pequa, Syosset, Ward melville--- Sorry, I doubt it.

playing at one of the powerhouse as a fresman is much more of a challenge and an accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SOOOOO,
Nice try, but

Is my Freshman varsity player for East Rockaway likely to be as talented as your Fresman Varsity player for Pequa, Syosset, Ward melville--- Sorry, I doubt it.

playing at one of the powerhouse as a fresman is much more of a challenge and an accomplishment.

Wouldn't want such a positive role model as EWE! A$$!
Any Freshman, who can play above an upperclassman, IMO, is well deserved. Does not matter if it is a powerhouse or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what I mean. I would bring up the kid who plays that position naturally then bring up a kid to teach him the position. Trust me he's not better then kids that play that position that are left down. People are missing the whole point. Great for a kid to move to varsity as a freshman.

Page 7 of 77 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard