BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 75 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MKVELE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy
Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern
6. wait there is no one els list done

You have issues. Clearly have some inferiority complex. I hope your daughter isn't as angry as you are that she couldn't compete with whoever it is you are tlking about.
I don't have an inferiority complex, I know just where I stand in the world and I am fine with it. I unlike most people on this site that are afraid to assign a name to there thoughts, don't need to live my life through my daughter, her success, or the name of a school. I don't judge person, a team or a school by a teams ability to put a ball in a net. If you were paying attention I had clearly moved on from the rantings of the above mentioned people, it was them\you that couldn't handle an opinion of a nobody that will not agree your opinion of how fantastic a team is or isn't. But in the end I stand by my statement, wether you like it or not. By the way not only do I think NU isn't a top 20, I don't think there a top 30

DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Idiot
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=MKVELE]So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy
Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

You have issues. Clearly have some inferiority complex. I hope your daughter isn't as angry as you are that she couldn't compete with whoever it is you are tlking about.
I don't have an inferiority complex, I know just where I stand in the world and I am fine with it. I unlike most people on this site that are afraid to assign a name to there thoughts, don't need to live my life through my daughter, her success, or the name of a school. I don't judge person, a team or a school by a teams ability to put a ball in a net. If you were paying attention I had clearly moved on from the rantings of the above mentioned people, it was them\you that couldn't handle an opinion of a nobody that will not agree your opinion of how fantastic a team is or isn't. But in the end I stand by my statement, wether you like it or not. By the way not only do I think NU isn't a top 20, I don't think there a top 30

DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Start taking your meds again
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how Hofstra did today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about a big hand for all the freshman representing LI, with some outstanding play, at the highest level. Really good showing so far. Congratulations to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess this is a rhetorical question? They got killed 20-5.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 Hofstra 15 Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TERRIBLE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One last thing NU lost to both teams they suck just like your daughter did in HS. so no go complain about that to everyone that will listen

It's very strange. NU is a much much much better school than where your daughter is attending. And it's much much much better at lacrosse. So a student athlete there is BOTH getting a better education AND a better lacrosse experience. You, my friend, are one jealous man.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question please don't get nasty- since SS hand picked this roster, and With the graduate player dominating and the considering the current losing streak, should a verbal recruit consider other options? Just doesn't seem like there is any teamwork, more like run to the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Serious question please don't get nasty- since SS hand picked this roster, and With the graduate player dominating and the considering the current losing streak, should a verbal recruit consider other options? Just doesn't seem like there is any teamwork, more like run to the goal.

No reason to panic on Hofstra, no matter what the YJ people might imply. The roster is dominated by sophomores and freshmen. This occurs from time to time in every sport in college. Next year and the year after will be much better. Why isn't anyone talking about the weak performance of Navy (dominated by BC), or JMU (barely beat Denver), or Johns Hopkins (lost to Ohio State) or any other team that isn't playing up to their usual standards? Of course, as we all know, it's the YJ pukes trying to stir up a bunch of crap. Childish and silly behavior.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask CR? Isn't that where all you YJ'ers get your marching orders and information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Georgetown is 0-4. Ask CR for permission to bash them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's how SS played the game, but her recruits aren't up to the challenge, she cant or wont ever adjust, keep pounding a square peg into a round hole and let me know how it works out. I believe the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result - that's her coaching style

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

DELETED
Remember a degree from Stanford, NU, Harvard is WAYYYYY better than wherever your daughter is scraping by at. Sorry bud, but your daughter will be working for mine.
you're spending $60,000.00 for a liberal arts major,Your best hope is that she meets a man that can stand to be with her for more than a minuet at a time, but if she's anything like her mother that isn't going to happen. She obviously gets her intelligence from her mother also, what dope would drop that much money and on Liberal Arts. My daughter has a real major that your daughter could't handle alone, never mind play lacrosse at the same time, and she will not be going into the demanding field of Liberal Arts like yours is so the chances oh my kid working for yours is very remote. But that was a predictable response from a NU parent, snobbish and boorish, You think because your little darling goes to a school it will automatically equal success....... we'll see what happens when mommy has to stop lobbying for everything for her and she needs to stand on her own. The good news for her is when you finally expire, like we all will, hopefully you and your "husband" leave her a good inheritance, maybe then he will become attractive enough to land a husband

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: How dare you?? I am watching you
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
One last thing NU lost to both teams they suck just like your daughter did in HS. so no go complain about that to everyone that will listen

It's very strange. NU is a much much much better school than where your daughter is attending. And it's much much much better at lacrosse. So a student athlete there is BOTH getting a better education AND a better lacrosse experience. You, my friend, are one jealous man.
And by the way your daughter is all the proof needed that NU isn't recruiting well

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
To all posters and Moderators I apologize for the recent posts, It is difficult to have an anonymous poster personally attack your daughter because of MY opinion and I will stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this nonsense being posted by adults ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
To all posters and Moderators I apologize for the recent posts, It is difficult to have an anonymous poster personally attack your daughter because of MY opinion and I will stop

No one has the right to attack your daughter. I will see if I can find it.

Only a jealous coward who feels their life is completely empty would do that. I am sorry that it happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a TG player, and my best friends play for YJ and we never have problems or fight about who is on what team. I wish parents wouldn't either, because we don't care. I'm just asking a question because I don't want to regret any decision considering I might be spending 4 years at Hofstra. I have other choices and it's not just about winning but when I watch Hofstra games it just doesn't look like a lot of teamwork.
No reason to panic on Hofstra, no matter what the YJ people might imply. The roster is dominated by sophomores and freshmen. This occurs from time to time in every sport in college. Next year and the year after will be much better. Why isn't anyone talking about the weak performance of Navy (dominated by BC), or JMU (barely beat Denver), or Johns Hopkins (lost to Ohio State) or any other team that isn't playing up to their usual standards? Of course, as we all know, it's the YJ pukes trying to stir up a bunch of crap. Childish and silly behavior.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
To the TG player committed to Hofstra, or any girl wanting to play in college.Go to a school that you will be happy at both on and off the field, If you are going to go into debt for college make sure that you receive a degree that will allow you to make a decent living. Lacrosse will only last 4 years, without playoffs thats 62 games, if your going to invest the time and money go to a school where you will play in games. Study hard and become good at what you major in and the name on the top of the diploma will not mean as much as the character of it's recipient. there are successful people from hundreds of schools. Be happy, play hard and study hard, success will follow. What I consider most important is do not mortgage your future for a game, remember only 62 game are guaranteed so choose a school for a major not a lacrosse program because you will spend far more time at a job than on a lacrosse field......bee smart not a lemming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a TG player, and my best friends play for YJ and we never have problems or fight about who is on what team. I wish parents wouldn't either, because we don't care. I'm just asking a question because I don't want to regret any decision considering I might be spending 4 years at Hofstra. I have other choices and it's not just about winning but when I watch Hofstra games it just doesn't look like a lot of teamwork.

If your best friend plays for YJ, then why would you call them "YJ Pukes". Seems that you are contradicting yourself. Re-read before you hit "submit" and clarify yourself when need be (hopefully you meant to refer to PUKES as only the parents who spout off). Otherwise you are just part of the problem.

If you are indeed a student, good luck! (still some doubt, but assuming so). Don't look here or to any online source other than reputable (no offense BOTC), source on academics and how it will set you on a path to your future career (also look into graduating rates of your selected school for athletes, this will give you an idea of the level of academic support these athletic departments give their athletes). Lax will enhance your college experience, but it still will be the secondary purpose of going to a school. Primary is your education and the leg up it will give you in life. Lax is great if it gets you into a better academic school than you may have if you were a regular student, and/or any sort of financial assistance is great no matter how small. Lax will also give you access you scheduling preferences, student advisors and tutors through the athletic department that you wont have to pay for and other regular students don't have access to, you will also make great friends who share a common passion for sport. So those are also additional benefits of being a student athlete. Go play lax and do your thing because you have a life, all of us old adults have made our kids our lives so we spend too much time here (if you're here people it's the truth, not bashing just saying, myself included).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think she made a mistake when she posted. Another poster wrote the part of the answer that starts at "No reason to panic..." She put her part ahead of another poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the TG player committed to Hofstra, or any girl wanting to play in college.Go to a school that you will be happy at both on and off the field, If you are going to go into debt for college make sure that you receive a degree that will allow you to make a decent living. Lacrosse will only last 4 years, without playoffs thats 62 games, if your going to invest the time and money go to a school where you will play in games. Study hard and become good at what you major in and the name on the top of the diploma will not mean as much as the character of it's recipient. there are successful people from hundreds of schools. Be happy, play hard and study hard, success will follow. What I consider most important is do not mortgage your future for a game, remember only 62 game are guaranteed so choose a school for a major not a lacrosse program because you will spend far more time at a job than on a lacrosse field......bee smart not a lemming

Amen! Great advice. Academics/major first-lacrosse second. Even new programs that don't have much chance of winning may be the right fit for a player, or a traditionally "weak" team may be the right fit. Do not fall into the trap of choosing your school based on peer pressure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS was the best YJ ever.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island freshman ripping it up at D1. Syracuse attacker, Boston College attacker, Notre Dame goalie and attacker, Florida middie and attacker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

post 153330 ... It is in fact MKVELE who singled out a specific girl with details that started this.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
just watched SB v Fla Stony brook looked very good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think she made a mistake when she posted. Another poster wrote the part of the answer that starts at "No reason to panic..." She put her part ahead of another poster.

That's correct thank you. And thank you to everyone for your advice. I'm torn between an up and coming D2 school with new dorms and and a great business program that will give me more money than Hofstra. It also seems more comfortable, so I'm going to visit again. Would be great graduate debt free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree was speaking to a parent I know from SB and they were without two midfield starters Was awesome for my daughter to see such a great evenly matched game Two goal posts for SB turned out to be important. Very large crowd as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win for Florida today. They definitely looked better than SB, leading most of the game. SB put up a good fight, we're just overplayed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there too, rooting for SB. Scary part is Florida played the sloppiest game ever and still won. If they played a clean game, would have been a blowout. SB needs to start recruiting draw specialists, got killed on the draw today. Sick behind the back shot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice win for Florida today. They definitely looked better than SB, leading most of the game. SB put up a good fight, we're just overplayed!

All these games will be much better next year when the team with the lead cant go and hide for the last 8 minutes of the game

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Was there too, rooting for SB. Scary part is Florida played the sloppiest game ever and still won. If they played a clean game, would have been a blowout. SB needs to start recruiting draw specialists, got killed on the draw today. Sick behind the back shot!

I'd like to see them recruit outside of NY/LI as well. I think they would contend with a mix from players from outside NY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree was speaking to a parent I know from SB and they were without two midfield starters Was awesome for my daughter to see such a great evenly matched game Two goal posts for SB turned out to be important. Very large crowd as well.

Certainly correct about crowd, that was an all time record crowd for a SB game by almost double.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB was outcoached, but nice effort !

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Certainly correct about crowd, that was an all time record crowd for a SB game by almost double.

Glad to hear that. So much interest and great lacrosse here on LI.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

All these games will be much better next year when the team with the lead cant go and hide for the last 8 minutes of the game
SB held the ball for more than three minuets twice with under 10 minuets left in the game. They just passed it around with no real urgency to score while down by a goal. You can't really say that thats the team with the lead hiding can you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here you go: The Professors Rankings

1. Maryland
2. Florida
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Syracuse
6. Princeton
7. Stony Brook
8. Notre Dame
9. Stanford
10. Virginia
11. Penn State
12. Towson
13. Boston College
14. Northwestern
15. UConn
16. Southern Cal
17. Umass
18. Temple
19. Colorado
20. Loyola

Others schools considered

Vanderbilt
Penn
Duke
Delaware
Hopkins
Elon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SB held the ball for more than three minuets twice with under 10 minuets left in the game. They just passed it around with no real urgency to score while down by a goal. You can't really say that thats the team with the lead hiding can you

Florida is a team with better players and a better coach. That's why they won and are ranked #2 . Please stop. SB tried, but the better team won! Was fun to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you were rooting for SB but you've watched every game of Florida close enough to compare "sloppiest" efforts. Clearly you posted w an agenda Go a step further as SB was missing two starting midfielders ? Nah just half the facts. Florida has top two recruits in country and ranked #2 and only beat SB by one. Floridas coach holds the clip board and stands there. SB is clearly a better coached squad evident by a one goal game w a much higher ranked team. Facts only please. I've only heard about both these teams and went in open minded Very entertaining game that's my assessment I know players and parents on both teams. Interesting how SB D held top Florida players quiet and Florida played Ohmiller really well. Great day for LI LACROSSE Spallina is building something special there that place was jumping today

Page 7 of 75 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard