BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 75 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse spanked today! Looking forward to the showdown on Sunday between FL and SB. Think JS may get a schlacking! This will be a very telling game!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syracuse spanked today! Looking forward to the showdown on Sunday between FL and SB. Think JS may get a schlacking! This will be a very telling game!

The Florida Syracuse game was as close as they come. A one or two controversial calls at the end could of gone the other way and Syracuse wins. Florida won a nail biter in the OT, at the end there was a foul call and the goalie wasn't in the net, Quick pass and score on empty net was the difference. Two very strong teams. Florida looked dominant for much of the game, but Cuse's defense went hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
You people with your make believe polls that bolster your daughters team is real sad state of affairs. Leave the polls alone there are three different ones that matter Louisville at 7 UVA at 6 Princeton all the way up to 5 after the really impressive one goal win over a poor unranked Georgetown team. Lololo
Agenda driven Stick to these
Iwlca coaches poll
Media poll
Nike lax mag

IWLCA is a joke. Early in the season polls should be based on actual performance not the previous season. As the year progresses the teams body of work is what should be considered. Duke lost to Elon and is 3 - 3. Sorry but based on YTD performance they should not be in the top 20. Tell me, if Rutgers, Umass, Villanova or Harvard had the exact same results as Duke would they be ranked? Virginia is 3-1 and beat a 1-2 Northwestern team yet somehow NU is ranked ahead of UVA. Princeton is 3-0 and beat Virginia by 7 goals yet Cav's are ranked 2 slots higher than the Tigers. Not sure Ohio State should be in there either based on there YTD SOS and performance. Questioning Stony Brook as well. Although I think they are a Top 10 team they have not done anything yet. Most teams have played between 3 and 5 games so far. I have a hard time giving credit to a team who has only played one game against a less competitive opponent.

You contradict yourself. How can early season polls be based on actual performance and then as the season progresses you base it on the body of work? There is no body of work early in the season so prior year (which includes returning players, recruiting an impact player as well) has to be the gauge to rank. As the teams play then the poll sorts itself out.

All polls, for any sport, start with the expectation of how a team will play. In D1 basketball Kentucky was ranked #1 early in the season but is now #22. Villanova was ranked #11 at the beginning of the season and was ranked #1.

So you are half right--as the teams play their games the polls will correct themselves. You have to also know polls were created for the sake of folks debating (arguing?). It's all good fun.

No contradiction at all. I said early in the season not "pre-season".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might you be the one who sounds angry? No parent of an NU student here. You don't think they have recruited well? They have a great group of young players. That is why they r "struggling", they r playing a ton of young players. I do always find it interesting when parents like to make backhanded digs at other kids like you just did. Basically saying that any kid who plays at a place like NU (or any other top lax program) is majoring in "numbers and science". Hate to inform you, but there are plenty of kids both playing high level lax and getting great degrees. Nobody said anything about your daughter. You are the only one here putting impressive young women down. Shame on you. [/quote]
!
Every roster is full of young [players![/quote]

They don't start on every team numb nuts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by MKVELE
I.M.H.O.

1. UMD
2. FLA
3. ND
4. 'cuse
5. Princeton
6. UVA
7. Louisville
8. UNC
9. Penn St
10. Stony Brook
11. U Mass
12. Stanford
13. So Cal
14. Uconn
15. Towson

ok got it ... u r a NU hater ... Not a top 15 team? Silly
What has N.U. done THIS year to deserve being top 15

Well have you watched their games? I have. They are a top 15 team. They have lost on the road at SYR by 4 and UVA by 2. They won on the road at Duke by 3.

Last year they were 14-7 and were a final 8 team. When your favorite team, Stonybrook I'm sure, plays a real schedule, get back to me. What has Stones done THIS year, to warrant a top 15 ranking? See how silly you sound??
You sound very angry......why it's just my opinion. Yes I have watched 2 f the 3 games (not the Duke game, also not in my top 15) and I.M.H.O. they are not playing like a top 15 team, nor do I think they have recruited very well over the last couple of years so I.M.H.O. I think they are on a down slope right now.

You also seem to make assumptions about people you have never met, so let me state unequivocally, I do not like Stony Brook or there coach in any way, so obviously my daughter does not go their, which should have been obvious when I said she does not attend any of my top 15 schools. You are quit obviously the parent of a N.U. student, or at least a rabid supporter of the program, so let me give you insight to my mindset. I am a fan of the game not to ay 1 school, I cheer hard for my daughter and want her to do well, but that measure of success does not hinge on how well her lacrosse team does in college. She has picked a difficult major that is frowned upon by most coaches, but still plays for a D1 team, and has played significant minuets, so I.M.H.O. she is already successful. She will leave school with a degree in something other than numbers and science, and will not have to do any additional years because she played the sport she loves. Will she win national championship...... no, but because of the hard work she puts in she's already a champion in my mind

Might you be the one who sounds angry? No parent of an NU student here. You don't think they have recruited well? They have a great group of young players. That is why they r "struggling", they r playing a ton of young players. I do always find it interesting when parents like to make backhanded digs at other kids like you just did. Basically saying that any kid who plays at a place like NU (or any other top lax program) is majoring in "numbers and science". Hate to inform you, but there are plenty of kids both playing high level lax and getting great degrees. Nobody said anything about your daughter. You are the only one here putting impressive young women down. Shame on you.
I never said any girl was not a good payer, so what are you talking about. You really need to check your anger. I said N.U. isn't recruiting well, the group of girls they have recently recruited are not the as good as years past and I.M.H.O. will not be able to keep them in the top 20. I know that N.U. allows there players to take challenging majors, but you have to admit 17 of the top 20 do not, and if you don't YOU are the one kidding themselves. Many schools are playing young rosters, including my daughters team and with the addition of so many teams good players have the option to play and attend different schools, so what I have been saying is that any of them could surge far ahead at any time, or could drop just as fast. I personally find you obnoxious when you make it sound like a degree from the top 20 schools are somehow better than the bottom 20, it sounds like you are disparaging anyone not going to those schools when they are working just as hard in both the classroom and the gym. I am not angry at all i am grateful that my daughter is able to play the game she loves with good people at a high level that many girls that play will never know. She gets the added bonus of learning what it's like to take a team and build it through hard work

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke lost to Elon , which also takes away from USC win, pen state lost drop them down 3/4 spots Princeton 1 goal win over unranked Georgetown.

Got it, missed Elon over Duke. That changes some things.

1. MD
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame
4. UNC
5. Syracuse
6. Princeton
7. Stanford
8. Louisville
9. Virginia
10. Penn State
11. Stony Brook
12. Northwestern
13. Boston College
14. Towson
15. UConn
16. Massachusetts
17. Southern Cal
18. Vanderbilt
19. Elon
20. Loyola

Hopkins, Penn and Duke all out of the top 20 for now.

Most accurate ranking of all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't Denver supposed to crack it this year like the men? Don't count Duke out they are too good. Has to be a chemistry thing early

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
You people with your make believe polls that bolster your daughters team is real sad state of affairs. Leave the polls alone there are three different ones that matter Louisville at 7 UVA at 6 Princeton all the way up to 5 after the really impressive one goal win over a poor unranked Georgetown team. Lololo
Iwlca coaches poll
Media poll
Nike lax mag

IWLCA is a joke. Early in the season polls should be based on actual performance not the previous season. As the year progresses the teams body of work is what should be considered. Duke lost to Elon and is 3 - 3. Sorry but based on YTD performance they should not be in the top 20. Tell me, if Rutgers, Umass, Villanova or Harvard had the exact same results as Duke would they be ranked? Virginia is 3-1 and beat a 1-2 Northwestern team yet somehow NU is ranked ahead of UVA. Princeton is 3-0 and beat Virginia by 7 goals yet Cav's are ranked 2 slots higher than the Tigers. Not sure Ohio State should be in there either based on there YTD SOS and performance. Questioning Stony Brook as well. Although I think they are a Top 10 team they have not done anything yet. Most teams have played between 3 and 5 games so far. I have a hard time giving credit to a team who has only played one game against a less competitive opponent.

You contradict yourself. How can early season polls be based on actual performance and then as the season progresses you base it on the body of work? There is no body of work early in the season so prior year (which includes returning players, recruiting an impact player as well) has to be the gauge to rank. As the teams play then the poll sorts itself out.

All polls, for any sport, start with the expectation of how a team will play. In D1 basketball Kentucky was ranked #1 early in the season but is now #22. Villanova was ranked #11 at the beginning of the season and was ranked #1.

So you are half right--as the teams play their games the polls will correct themselves. You have to also know polls were created for the sake of folks debating (arguing?). It's all good fun.

At what point is "early in the season" over? After how many games is it no longer early in the season? Duke played a lot of games early and has fallen in the polls. Stony Brook played their first game on 2/28. The first couple of polls will be based on last year unless a team had a tremendous roster turnover.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iwlca coaches poll
Media poll
Nike lax mag

At what point is "early in the season" over? After how many games is it no longer early in the season? Duke played a lot of games early and has fallen in the polls. Stony Brook played their first game on 2/28. The first couple of polls will be based on last year unless a team had a tremendous roster turnover.

I would say once the season begins "pre-season" poll's are out the window. Poll's and rankings should be based on actual results (not on prior year). If a team were ranked #1 pre-season but lost their first game they would not and should not be ranked #1 the following week. Early in the season head to head matters more than it does later in the season. If Duke were 12 - 1 and lost to Elon who was 5 - 6 and not in the top 20 I would keep duke ranked above Elon. However with a limited body of work early in the season you have to rank based on actual results. Stony Brook has played one game against a less competitive team you cant rank them ahead of teams that have played 3, 4 or 5 games against some tough competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might you be the one who sounds angry? No parent of an NU student here. You don't think they have recruited well? They have a great group of young players. That is why they r "struggling", they r playing a ton of young players. I do always find it interesting when parents like to make backhanded digs at other kids like you just did. Basically saying that any kid who plays at a place like NU (or any other top lax program) is majoring in "numbers and science". Hate to inform you, but there are plenty of kids both playing high level lax and getting great degrees. Nobody said anything about your daughter. You are the only one here putting impressive young women down. Shame on you.

!
Every roster is full of young [players![/quote]

They don't start on every team numb nuts. [/quote]

Florida. BC. Cuse. ND. etc all have freshman starting and doing quit well

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take it easy, your getting all worked up for no reason. Who cares about a poll on a forum. You made your point, no need to have a heart attack over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at JMU and Loyola? Both are traditionally strong programs and both are struggling at 1-3. And, what about Johns Hopkins? They are 3-1, but their three wins were against weak teams (only 4 wins between them) and then they lost to a weak Loyola team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

!
Every roster is full of young [players!

They don't start on every team numb nuts. [/quote]

Florida. BC. Cuse. ND. etc all have freshman starting and doing quit well[/quote]

Um BC got slapped by ND 14-4 and lost to Louisville.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

!

Florida. BC. Cuse. ND. etc all have freshman starting and doing quit well[/quote]

Um BC got slapped by ND 14-4 and lost to Louisville. [/quote]and ND has 2 starting frosh including the goalie whats your point, our point is NU is not playing as well and should not be top 15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on at JMU and Loyola? Both are traditionally strong programs and both are struggling at 1-3. And, what about Johns Hopkins? They are 3-1, but their three wins were against weak teams (only 4 wins between them) and then they lost to a weak Loyola team.

Maybe I am wrong but I view this as a transparent attempt to bash Loyola. What is the agenda? In one sentence you say Loyola is struggling because they are 1 - 3 (you must know that their YTD SOS has been as tough as anyone's. #2 Syracuse, #3 Florida, #17 Towson and #16/18 Hopkins). Both the Hopkins and Towson games are extra competitive as the schools are all within a few miles of each other, the games are spirited and played for bragging rights. In the next sentence you attempt to diminish their win over Hopkins by pointing out that JHU is 3 - 1 (now 3-2 W/loss to PSU) but their record is irrelevant because they beat weak teams.

I commend Loyola for challenging themselves with such a demanding out of conference schedule. They could go 1 -5 considering their next two games are Penn State and Virginia.

Even at 1 - 5 I would give them consideration for the top 20 over a teams that have winning records but have weak schedules.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

!

Florida. BC. Cuse. ND. etc all have freshman starting and doing quit well

Um BC got slapped by ND 14-4 and lost to Louisville. [/quote]and ND has 2 starting frosh including the goalie whats your point, our point is NU is not playing as well and should not be top 15[/quote]

My point is that NU is most definitely a top 15 team. I have yet to see you make the point that they are not. You are just stating it without any fact. Happy to hear the case. Lay it out. If you have watched their games I think you would conclude they are a top 15 team. They are not a top 5 team. But what have you seen that makes you think they are not top 15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So on a completely unrelated topic..... doe's anyone els think the officiating is atrocious, Why can't they just let every player move on stoppage like in the mens game there is no safety issue in this, the fast start is horrible. Is it just me or are the refs not consistent with there calls, this is why the game gets a bum rap....

Officiating has never been worse and bad officiating is deciding waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many games.If you are going to be horrible, just let the game play out and don't be the deciding factor. How about we just focus on getting the hatchet girls out of the games? That should be an easy one and they can't even get that right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But some teams still continue to try to cheat with illegal sticks and then cry and try to weasel there way out when the refs call them for it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Officiating has never been worse and bad officiating is deciding waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many games.If you are going to be horrible, just let the game play out and don't be the deciding factor. How about we just focus on getting the hatchet girls out of the games? That should be an easy one and they can't even get that right

Personal and Team foul limits would help a lot. Also, Red Cards are there for a reason. Use them when they are called for. Have never seen one used and have seen plenty of situations where they could have been.

If the penalty is strong enough, the fouls will slow down and the game will flow much better. I don't think the solution is to just call less and let the game get even more physical.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Personal and Team foul limits would help a lot. Also, Red Cards are there for a reason. Use them when they are called for. Have never seen one used and have seen plenty of situations where they could have been.

If the penalty is strong enough, the fouls will slow down and the game will flow much better. I don't think the solution is to just call less and let the game get even more physical.
I agree with the person fouls, it should be like basketball, 5 personals (pushing, tripping, cross check, illegal stick check checking across the body, in the sphere) and your out of the game. inadvertent contact to the head and uncontrolled checks are a yellow card, two yellows and your out of the game. Deliberate or serious contact to a player anywhere on the body is a red card. allow movement of all players on stopped play like the mens game and really inform the 4 meter space that must be given and restart by the ref as soon as the ball is in the cross, just like the mens game, this fast start sucks. Stop penalizing the offense with obstruction, have the continuation of the play, in no other game is the offense penalized for a defensive foul, so long as the shot is dangerous the shot should count, HANG THE DAMB FLAG

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And can we please keep it to 3 women in the midfield until there is possession on a draw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that the NU doubters have been proven right! Louisville embarrassed them today - where do you rank them now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that the NU doubters have been proven right! Louisville embarrassed them today - where do you rank them now?

i said Louisville will likely beat them. I agree that this was worse offensively than i thought it would be. I think Louisville is a top 8 team. I'm not arguing that NU is a top 8 team. Just still don't think they r below 15. Lets see. They have played four teams (3 top 10) on the road. I think they will prove to be exactly what I think they are. A good, not great, team that finishes the season above 15 rank. I guess we will have to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about offsides!!!!
Make that a serious call maybe 30 seconds man down.
I know thats the mens game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And can we please keep it to 3 women in the midfield until there is possession on a draw

Amen Brother

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

UMass top 15? The have two tough games and have already lost one of them - there schedule is very easy
Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern
6. wait there is no one els list done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more with team and personal foul caps. Get back to playing the game and take the ticky tack fouls out of the game. Will mess with some coaches and some players that love swinging the stick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't agree more with team and personal foul caps. Get back to playing the game and take the ticky tack fouls out of the game. Will mess with some coaches and some players that love swinging the stick

10 yellow cards in NU Louisville game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my god mom can't you let it go. OK you are right a team with 3 losses is defiantly a top 15 team...... no,no a top 5 team how could I dare say your sweet darling and her team are not on the same level ad Maryland, I mean what was I thinking it's not like there losing. Your little prodigy did so well at her public.......oh wait no she didn't thats why you sent her to the privet... but that was the coaches fault or so I heard you say at UA. I'm sorry I will never again turn down your help in trying to straighten me out with your idea of the facts. let me revise my list.

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

that was funny ... i'm the original NU poster. There have been some others apparently. I will concede to you for now smile Out of curiosity, what team does your daughter play for? Or league if that is less revealing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the SB game on Sunday. Will be revealing. Have the feeling someone may be overrated!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

that was funny ... i'm the original NU poster. There have been some others apparently. I will concede to you for now smile Out of curiosity, what team does your daughter play for? Or league if that is less revealing?
what do you think I am stupid. Suffice to say that her team is in the bottom half but working hard to advance, like many others. every year it gets closer for every team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

what do you think I am stupid. Suffice to say that her team is in the bottom half but working hard to advance, like many others. every year it gets closer for every team

no it doesn't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the SB game on Sunday. Will be revealing. Have the feeling someone may be overrated!

Who ? It's #10 vs #2 (3 but beat Cuse) this week. Based on that Florida should win by 4/5 goals Stony Brook is a real tough athletic well coached team that certainly won't roll over. Neither team is overrated bot teams rankings to me seem very accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

Why are you personally attacking a kid? Could it be some jealousy or are you just that much of a coward. If its the kid I think you are talking about then you may want to get some help i.e. medication because she will ALWAYS be a better athlete and student than your daughter.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

no it doesn't
do you even look at the scores or do you just look at the top 10 and see that they are beating every one,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

You have issues. Clearly have some inferiority complex. I hope your daughter isn't as angry as you are that she couldn't compete with whoever it is you are tlking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

You spent an awful lot of time analyzing the top 20 with a daughter in the bottom half of the country. Get a life - or at least a job!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

1. Northwestern
2. Northwestern
3. Northwestern
4. Northwestern
5. Northwestern

You have issues. Clearly have some inferiority complex. I hope your daughter isn't as angry as you are that she couldn't compete with whoever it is you are tlking about.
I don't have an inferiority complex, I know just where I stand in the world and I am fine with it. I unlike most people on this site that are afraid to assign a name to there thoughts, don't need to live my life through my daughter, her success, or the name of a school. I don't judge person, a team or a school by a teams ability to put a ball in a net. If you were paying attention I had clearly moved on from the rantings of the above mentioned people, it was them\you that couldn't handle an opinion of a nobody that will not agree your opinion of how fantastic a team is or isn't. But in the end I stand by my statement, wether you like it or not. By the way not only do I think NU isn't a top 20, I don't think there a top 30

Page 6 of 75 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard