03/04/16 02:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
that's really an honest assessment of what happened in our town. wont name town but its an easy guess.

How many of you really think parents use the threat of Catholic schools to coerce varsity hs coaches. I call BS. I see more and more when one of the better players is even considering a catholic school they keep it to themselves.

It cant be both can it, Can it? Is one worse than the other in ones eyes. I can see a family in either situation just wanting the best for their child. Since we are not present during the conversations we cannot really say what was said... but I am sure, Just like most things in life it is all in the delivery and tone.

There have been lots of things in this world misinterpreted due to delivery and tone.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153415
03/04/16 03:06 PM
03/04/16 03:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Using the threat of "going Catholic" doesn't seem to make much sense. If your kid is such a stud then you would assume he'll be a varsity member as a sophomore, whereas the two best Catholics don't have a habit of bringing up either sophs and certainly no freshman.
I suppose you can make try it but if this works then the HS coach is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153417
03/04/16 03:17 PM
03/04/16 03:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really disagree with that whole concept. Varsity HS sports are not just win programs. Just the opposite. The proof is how many varsity programs struggle and the coach stays? When was the last public HS coach fired for not winning? If the Junior or Senior are equal to the Frosh they play, the freshman gets some varsity game time. Varsity HS sports are there for character building and bonding. Not a single program is "win or else" in HS. Not in NYS anyway. Sorry but NYS public schools are just not like that. Texas maybe but not here.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153436
03/04/16 04:34 PM
03/04/16 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's really an honest assessment of what happened in our town. wont name town but its an easy guess.

How many of you really think parents use the threat of Catholic schools to coerce varsity hs coaches. I call BS. I see more and more when one of the better players is even considering a catholic school they keep it to themselves.

It cant be both can it, Can it? Is one worse than the other in ones eyes. I can see a family in either situation just wanting the best for their child. Since we are not present during the conversations we cannot really say what was said... but I am sure, Just like most things in life it is all in the delivery and tone.

There have been lots of things in this world misinterpreted due to delivery and tone.

The Chaminade card gets used all the time. Don't kid yourself.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153442
03/04/16 04:55 PM
03/04/16 04:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really disagree with that whole concept. Varsity HS sports are not just win programs. Just the opposite. The proof is how many varsity programs struggle and the coach stays? When was the last public HS coach fired for not winning? If the Junior or Senior are equal to the Frosh they play, the freshman gets some varsity game time. Varsity HS sports are there for character building and bonding. Not a single program is "win or else" in HS. Not in NYS anyway. Sorry but NYS public schools are just not like that. Texas maybe but not here.

You are correct. Nobody cares except the kids playing aND their parents, and SOME coaches. Athletic director could care less. School board could care less. They only become interested if the team is winning and in playoffs. Nobody losing jobs. Best kids should play, however if it's a freshman, there better be no doubt!

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153629
03/06/16 02:37 AM
03/06/16 02:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Chaminade card gets used all the time. Don't kid yourself.

Seems like it could really backfire, especially in the "usual suspect" towns: Garden City and Manhasset.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153641
03/06/16 09:35 AM
03/06/16 09:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Using the threat of "going Catholic" doesn't seem to make much sense. If your kid is such a stud then you would assume he'll be a varsity member as a sophomore, whereas the two best Catholics don't have a habit of bringing up either sophs and certainly no freshman.
I suppose you can make try it but if this works then the HS coach is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

This policy of not taking up upperclassmen is due to the fact that they don't have to. You parents that keep sending your kids there in droves have caused this. Believe me if there were 40% less kids going out for the team, they would cherry pick the best underclassmen in order to compete. But now they would rather have a policy of not, as to not have to hear the complaining of why one sophomore was brought up and another wasn't. Has nothing to do with what's best for the program or the child. They can be fat and happy and not have to even look at players until they are upperclassmen. So to the parents who complain about this policy. If you have an underclass superstar and want them to play on varsity early, stop trying to change or merely complain about it. Vote with your feet and show us just how unbelievable little Johnny is somewhere else.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153704
03/06/16 07:35 PM
03/06/16 07:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This policy of not taking up upperclassmen is due to the fact that they don't have to. You parents that keep sending your kids there in droves have caused this. Believe me if there were 40% less kids going out for the team, they would cherry pick the best underclassmen in order to compete. But now they would rather have a policy of not, as to not have to hear the complaining of why one sophomore was brought up and another wasn't. Has nothing to do with what's best for the program or the child. They can be fat and happy and not have to even look at players until they are upperclassmen. So to the parents who complain about this policy. If you have an underclass superstar and want them to play on varsity early, stop trying to change or merely complain about it. Vote with your feet and show us just how unbelievable little Johnny is somewhere else.

Ditto that in Syosset we wish the whining parents of our sophomores would beat feet to the Catholics. These parents look through rose tinted glasses rather having them evaluated by the coaching staff but that is what happens when daddy coaches his little boy and can't manipulate the situation. One would've thought winning a Nassau and LI Championship would give the staff some credibility but the squeaky wheel gets the grease and the other kids get the shaft.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153751
03/07/16 10:14 AM
03/07/16 10:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really why air dirty laundry

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153765
03/07/16 11:06 AM
03/07/16 11:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really why air dirty laundry

this site is dedicated to airing dirty laundry, a better question is why air dirty laundry in an incoherent post that even the people familiar with the situation have no idea what the point of the post was?

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153766
03/07/16 11:10 AM
03/07/16 11:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

best first day of practice weather in recent memory, good sign that we are going to have a great spring lacrosse season. To all the boys I want to wish you a great spring season, have fun, stay healthy and do your best. To all the parents, enjoy the season root for your sons and your sons teams it goes by really fast so enjoy every minute of it

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153769
03/07/16 11:22 AM
03/07/16 11:22 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville lacrosse beginning a new era. Thanks for the many years of high level coaching and unparalleled dedication to the program Coach Dollar. I, for one, appreciated the way you handled the transition with class.

Good luck to the boys this year. Lets support our new coach and be positive about the coming season.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153776
03/07/16 11:49 AM
03/07/16 11:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey you sound like a nice person , what the [lacrosse]
Are you trying to start. Lol

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153787
03/07/16 12:30 PM
03/07/16 12:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cool it Syo it's the same story year in year out for the past 5 seasons. The boys will all do just fine.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153980
03/08/16 10:54 AM
03/08/16 10:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 2019's from Massapequa on the varsity.

Page 17 of 205 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 204 205