03/03/16 08:31 PM
03/03/16 08:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my opinion and curious as to who agrees. If a freshman is good enough to make Varsity I hope he is given a fair shake. If he is better then a junior or senior and has been putting in the effort over the years and outplays others he shouldn't be held back..its varsity lacrosse and the best should be the ones to play and not be grade based. So you would hope coaches don't make that mistake and give in to pressure from older kids parents

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153318
03/03/16 09:13 PM
03/03/16 09:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My b opinion is he better be alot better. if its real close my loyalty is to the older kid.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153328
03/03/16 10:39 PM
03/03/16 10:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
My b opinion is he better be alot better. if its real close my loyalty is to the older kid.

If he is a better player and will help the team win then he should make the team and play. It's HS best kids play

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153347
03/04/16 09:49 AM
03/04/16 09:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top ranked teams off to a rough start. BL gave #3 Landon an [lacrosse] whooping yesterday 9-1 and #1 Haverford got smoked by Calvert Hall. Should be an interesting year.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153367
03/04/16 11:00 AM
03/04/16 11:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just my opinion and curious as to who agrees. If a freshman is good enough to make Varsity I hope he is given a fair shake. If he is better then a junior or senior and has been putting in the effort over the years and outplays others he shouldn't be held back..its varsity lacrosse and the best should be the ones to play and not be grade based. So you would hope coaches don't make that mistake and give in to pressure from older kids parents

I am going thru this right now, my son is a 9th grader and has been told he will start varsity this year. He has been working out with them last summer, fall and this winter. It seems like most of the kids are ok with him playing, but it seems the parents are the ones who have the problem. I will be sitting at the opposite side of the bleachers during each game. I really don't want to listen to the comments the parents have. in travel I hide in the corner so I don't have to listen to the crazy parents and now I have the same problem with High School

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153370
03/04/16 11:06 AM
03/04/16 11:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may be right but scrimmages are just that nothing more- they mean nothing - each coach handles them differently so to put any credence in them is a mistake .... also rankings in general are a joke although it is fun to talk about them

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153381
03/04/16 11:43 AM
03/04/16 11:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am going thru this right now, my son is a 9th grader and has been told he will start varsity this year. He has been working out with them last summer, fall and this winter. It seems like most of the kids are ok with him playing, but it seems the parents are the ones who have the problem. I will be sitting at the opposite side of the bleachers during each game. I really don't want to listen to the comments the parents have. in travel I hide in the corner so I don't have to listen to the crazy parents and now I have the same problem with High School

to paraphrase Confucius: "If hate is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it" - don't hide from the haters, be proud of your son's accomplishments and sit front row, cheer him on and let him see you there being proud and not hidden.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153383
03/04/16 11:52 AM
03/04/16 11:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may be right but scrimmages are just that nothing more- they mean nothing - each coach handles them differently so to put any credence in them is a mistake .... also rankings in general are a joke although it is fun to talk about them

Most coaches are not playing scrimmages to win. They are trying out different combinations of players to see who will eventually start. What works, what doesn't. If you think a scrimmage score is a strong indicator of team success, you are dead wrong!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153384
03/04/16 11:55 AM
03/04/16 11:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

to paraphrase Confucius: "If hate is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it" - don't hide from the haters, be proud of your son's accomplishments and sit front row, cheer him on and let him see you there being proud and not hidden.

and hope your son doesn't make too many mistakes, or he will be roasted, and you will be banished to the enemy bleachers!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153385
03/04/16 12:03 PM
03/04/16 12:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would offer up not to distance yourself like you do in club. Embrace your son's spot on the team. There may be times you scratch your head at your sons play and others, it happens. The good thing is the kids embraced him, if that is so then the majority of the parents will. Please don't alienate yourself from them and the total experience. You may not live in the same town as your club teammates. You do in Public HS. Enjoy the ride and good luck this season

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153386
03/04/16 12:05 PM
03/04/16 12:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and hope your son doesn't make too many mistakes, or he will be roasted, and you will be banished to the enemy bleachers!

are you "blanking" kidding me... really, is that necessary!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #153398
03/04/16 01:09 PM
03/04/16 01:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What high school team?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153400
03/04/16 01:22 PM
03/04/16 01:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was brought up in 9th grade to varsity. It was a great experience for him. Be proud of his accomplishments. As a parent I felt very little animosity from other parents. The only negative I really saw then and still see now is that some other players were and are overlooked by coaches always thinking of the next year and developing new young talent all while there are talented kids sitting on the bench. Actually develop is the wrong word.. if it had not been for the youth program and summer travel my son has not learned a thing ftom his current coaches. Some parents use the threat to take their 8th grader to catholic school if the coach does not bring him up next year. Unfortunately for our high school program the head coach buys in to this nonsense and let's a few parents dictate the varsity line up. Hopefully this year it will all work out.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153402
03/04/16 01:37 PM
03/04/16 01:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's really an honest assessment of what happened in our town. wont name town but its an easy guess.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #153408
03/04/16 02:30 PM
03/04/16 02:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not going to mention any high school names. but thanks everyone for the great advice, except for the one about my son being roasted. every kid will have his good and bad moments. it will just be that his will be more dissected than the other kids.

I am proud and will be his biggest fan. I just wont be dealing with any BS from other parents. I will let my sons play speak for itself and hopefully everything works out. He needs to step up and if he doesn't than it will be a learning experience

Page 16 of 205 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 204 205