BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kid and younger kid both put a lot into their sports and have fun. My oldest is playing at a D1 Ivy now and my younger who is in 9th grade isn't as zealous about it or as strong in lacrosse as his older brother.

No. I don't go to practice and watch these kids. I go to my job during the day. I don't go onto the sidelines at games, I sit in the stands and cheer with the other parents. I sit in a certain row to avoid being amongst the lunatic parents, and that is the only conscious thing I always do. I know my local facts. When my oldest was in 9th grade a club coach or parent would be laughed at for trying to press a HS coach for favorites. Now, it happens so often even the loudest defender look the fool for defending it...at least down here in MD. I'm not in the wrong for pointing this out. HS lacrosse gets cheapened when the club guys and pushy parents come and say you can't embarrass us all and have this committed kid on the JV team.

I also find it interesting the club guys and parents start this push and dialogue BEFORE tryouts. Now why do't you tell me why that is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one cares about JV ball- NO one- Have your son play varsity even if he does not start.

Kids do. Not everyone gets recruited or cares to.

Some JV programs the kids can hardly catch. Painful to watch

Even more painful to play against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been a UVa alum, parent and lifer fan. I'd say this about early recruiting blowing up since 2013: I believe it is an employment hedge for some coaches. When the boom drops on a program after some down years it can get tough for a longer tenured coach to argue that the program isn't getting stale. I think after 2010 Dom knew he'd have a couple of tough years to convince kids and families to come. So he went really early to get an advantage to get some kids. Then he filled up classes and cleverly cross pollinated the reps and hype of very young players and just like that he can point to 4 highly regarded recruiting classes on the way. So the argument will go "why would an AD want to blow up these wonderful recruiting classes on the way?"

I see that has happened. But if UVA keeps losing with these ranked recruits it just falls apart. One of the cautionary tales yet to come is what will a 2019 or 2018 "commit" do when the coach who committed him gets the boot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My older kid and younger kid both put a lot into their sports and have fun. My oldest is playing at a D1 Ivy now and my younger who is in 9th grade isn't as zealous about it or as strong in lacrosse as his older brother.

No. I don't go to practice and watch these kids. I go to my job during the day. I don't go onto the sidelines at games, I sit in the stands and cheer with the other parents. I sit in a certain row to avoid being amongst the lunatic parents, and that is the only conscious thing I always do. I know my local facts. When my oldest was in 9th grade a club coach or parent would be laughed at for trying to press a HS coach for favorites. Now, it happens so often even the loudest defender look the fool for defending it...at least down here in MD. I'm not in the wrong for pointing this out. HS lacrosse gets cheapened when the club guys and pushy parents come and say you can't embarrass us all and have this committed kid on the JV team.

I also find it interesting the club guys and parents start this push and dialogue BEFORE tryouts. Now why do't you tell me why that is.

This is a Maryland issue. Nothing to do with LI at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe that the club coaches or parents have that much sway with the varsity coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been a UVa alum, parent and lifer fan. I'd say this about early recruiting blowing up since 2013: I believe it is an employment hedge for some coaches. When the boom drops on a program after some down years it can get tough for a longer tenured coach to argue that the program isn't getting stale. I think after 2010 Dom knew he'd have a couple of tough years to convince kids and families to come. So he went really early to get an advantage to get some kids. Then he filled up classes and cleverly cross pollinated the reps and hype of very young players and just like that he can point to 4 highly regarded recruiting classes on the way. So the argument will go "why would an AD want to blow up these wonderful recruiting classes on the way?"

I see that has happened. But if UVA keeps losing with these ranked recruits it just falls apart. One of the cautionary tales yet to come is what will a 2019 or 2018 "commit" do when the coach who committed him gets the boot?

This is precisely why you commit to the school, and everything that will do for you when you graduate, rather than the lacrosse program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with that reasoning is a kid is getting a committment from a lacrosse coach, and not the school. UVA has no agreements or committments of any kind with HS underclassmen. Zero.

Now consider the likelihood DS is coaching there next year. This is the last season of his contract and we are into the season. At UVA that is basically a memo in of itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canadian Dad just checking in. How are you guys doing? Figure out the Baltimore reclass/PG scam yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canadian Dad just checking in. How are you guys doing? Figure out the Baltimore reclass/PG scam yet?

Have Baltimore schools finalized rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the teams are going through scrimmages and early season practices. Some have not finalized rosters. Based on the scrimmages so far a few MIAA teams Loyola and Calvert Hall are looking better than expected, and some of the DC area teams are lookin worse than hoped. Landon is way off from last year and PVI is terrible.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a player and they move him up to varsity and he doesn't get much time then what's the hype all about. One of my son's was brought up as a sophomore, didn't ask for it but the coach wanted him there only to watch other kids who he was better than play ahead of him. My son is a big kid yet the freshman they brought up played because his brother was a lax guy at the hs. It will never change with coaches bringing up a kid as a favor. If they don't play let them stay on jv. By the way my son quit lax. Good job coaches.

Nothing could be worse then a coach not taking a freshmen who is superior to the older players but doesn't get a chance. If the kid is better he should be up on varsity and playing.Dont hold them back due to his grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a rare 9th grader who will merit playing ahead of the 11th or 12th grade players. Superior I have no argument against. In Maryland it is more of a brokerage business now than residential real estate. In the recent 3 springs more and more club locusts actually come to all the pre-season scrimmages and then hang around to either troll or threaten the high school coaches to make sure the kid they sold to a college doesn't get put on the JV. It is an embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have your Sophomores joined the Freshman squad yet? See; Edge Lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the teams are going through scrimmages and early season practices. Some have not finalized rosters. Based on the scrimmages so far a few MIAA teams Loyola and Calvert Hall are looking better than expected, and some of the DC area teams are lookin worse than hoped. Landon is way off from last year and PVI is terrible.

do those teams have freshman teams or just JV varsity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a rare 9th grader who will merit playing ahead of the 11th or 12th grade players. Superior I have no argument against. In Maryland it is more of a brokerage business now than residential real estate. In the recent 3 springs more and more club locusts actually come to all the pre-season scrimmages and then hang around to either troll or threaten the high school coaches to make sure the kid they sold to a college doesn't get put on the JV. It is an embarrassment.

There are VERY few Freshmen playing Varsity in MIAA this year. Your comment is not accurate, at least for the current year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are VERY few Freshmen playing Varsity in MIAA this year. Your comment is not accurate, at least for the current year.

have maryland preps started posting rosters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

have maryland preps started posting rosters?

St Paul's and Mount St Joe's are online. Maybe some others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinion on the Brine tryout last night. I know some kids for a few of the top programs weren't there but I'm sure plenty of talent was still there trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinion on the Brine tryout last night. I know some kids for a few of the top programs weren't there but I'm sure plenty of talent was still there trying out.

Only saw 2 guys with clipboards and only 1 really paying attention. Drills were ok, nothing to write home about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of top kids were not there but they could still put together a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only saw 2 guys with clipboards and only 1 really paying attention. Drills were ok, nothing to write home about.

I heard there wasn't much interest. Seemed like a scam last year.Wasn't there a kid chosen that didn't even try out? Besides, Chaminade had their first day of tryouts early today. No thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be another try out? Any position look a little light?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard there wasn't much interest. Seemed like a scam last year.Wasn't there a kid chosen that didn't even try out? Besides, Chaminade had their first day of tryouts early today. No thanks

Doesn't everyone make the Chaminade freshmen team?..if not then a kids HS career comes to an end that quickly.

If you get cut from the freshmen team then you were smart not to try out for Brine and save your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Evaluator is the former Port coach who is at Hills now and yes a kid was put on who plays for (drum roll) you guessed it Hills. Evaluators kid will make even if he doesn't deserve to and that is why this thing became a waste of time and money in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Evaluator is the former Port coach who is at Hills now and yes a kid was put on who plays for (drum roll) you guessed it Hills. Evaluators kid will make even if he doesn't deserve to and that is why this thing became a waste of time and money in my opinion.

Last year the Brine had significantly more players try out and the talent pool was extremely deep. Not the same this year.

Many of the players from last year did not attend. That team was outstanding.

Don't confuse the evaluator this year (formerly from port) with he boy who made it last year without trying out.
Assistant from Nassau CC helped run drills.

Guessing that this was a tune up for tryouts for many players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do we have to go through this again...

Last year was not a scam, it was a collection of some talented players (some didn't make the cut that were worthy yes, one who in my opinion is a top player in the grade was put on a list but never went). The team that went was a classic all LI team with kids form all over. Kids and families are still very friendly when they see each other.

If you know anything about last years team and the evaluator whom also coached the team... He knew exactly who and what he had across the many players from multiple team/towns . I bet if you asked each one of the players, who went, they will remember their coach for their entire lives.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but I know many who enjoyed the event, players and parents alike. It was just a bit much with many back to back events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was not a scam, it was a collection of some talented players (some didn't make the cut that were worthy yes, one who in my opinion is a top player in the grade was put on a list but never went). The team that went was a classic all LI team with kids form all over. Kids and families are still very friendly when they see each other.

If you know anything about last years team and the evaluator whom also coached the team... He knew exactly who and what he had across the many players from multiple team/towns . I bet if you asked each one of the players, who went, they will remember their coach for their entire lives.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but I know many who enjoyed the event, players and parents alike. It was just a bit much with many back to back events.

Hey, someone brought it up, AGAIN…
How did that go again? A talented player, who would have been chosen anyway, and was, even though he was too busy to make the tryout? I wonder if he even had to pay the tryout fee? Hysterical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get it what are we teaching our kids. Oh your good you get excused from tryouts. BS. I have seen it time and time again. Players unable to make a tryout because they are away or at another event. That's why kids nowadays expect to President of a company after working for a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get it what are we teaching our kids. Oh your good you get excused from tryouts. BS. I have seen it time and time again. Players unable to make a tryout because they are away or at another event. That's why kids nowadays expect to President of a company after working for a year.

Did they put notice out yet to kids who made it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, someone brought it up, AGAIN…
How did that go again? A talented player, who would have been chosen anyway, and was, even though he was too busy to make the tryout? I wonder if he even had to pay the tryout fee? Hysterical

This had nothing to do with playing, it was all about being able to put this in a resume nothing more. It looks good and no one cares if they were there or not at the tryout . Just to have the name say they did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year Brine was a scam. Aside from the issue above, they had picked two teams - Team 1 and Team 2, let's say A & B. Announced the names for both. One week before VA, kids were put on Team 1 who were never even on a list for Team 1 or 2. So were not good enough to make either team in the first place, and all of a sudden were on Team 1. Instead of taking deserving kids from Team 2 and move them up, they found kids from where?????? Politics at its finest. I have to tell my son it will only make you stronger in the long run!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year Brine was a scam. Aside from the issue above, they had picked two teams - Team 1 and Team 2, let's say A & B. Announced the names for both. One week before VA, kids were put on Team 1 who were never even on a list for Team 1 or 2. So were not good enough to make either team in the first place, and all of a sudden were on Team 1. Instead of taking deserving kids from Team 2 and move them up, they found kids from where?????? Politics at its finest. I have to tell my son it will only make you stronger in the long run!

did they put out the notifications yet for Brine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is all true. We went last year to the first tryout in good faith, then out of nowhere there is a second tryout, then pride of LI (big money scam!!!) My son made second team, we declined, very disgusted with the entire shady process. No value unless you like to make donations!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parent whose son played in this event last year and loved every minute of it. Thing is we never tried out for Long Island - we missed the first tryout because we were away that week so I brought him to Connecticut tryout and he made the team.

This year I asked him if he wanted to tryout again and he said he would but only wanted to go back to Team Connecticut. He made the team again and was thrilled when he saw that most of the team came back for another run.

Moral of the story is you can get away from the politics if you want - my son did not wear a club helmet, no one knew he was from Long Island. He made the team because of his ability and nothing else. He has played at events with the "so called best" of the 2019s but even at 14 he is smart enough to see through the BS, and he wants no part of it.

Could not be prouder of him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE FROM B R I N E ! ! !

Not going to hold my breath, what with all the BAD press

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails started to go out ysterday. Maybe you should relax. They told all the boys that everyone would hear by Wednesday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island parent whose son played in this event last year and loved every minute of it. Thing is we never tried out for Long Island - we missed the first tryout because we were away that week so I brought him to Connecticut tryout and he made the team.

This year I asked him if he wanted to tryout again and he said he would but only wanted to go back to Team Connecticut. He made the team again and was thrilled when he saw that most of the team came back for another run.

Moral of the story is you can get away from the politics if you want - my son did not wear a club helmet, no one knew he was from Long Island. He made the team because of his ability and nothing else. He has played at events with the "so called best" of the 2019s but even at 14 he is smart enough to see through the BS, and he wants no part of it.

Could not be prouder of him.

I think you confirmed yet again how corrupt the Long Island team is and will continue to be. Would love to watch these evaluators kids show up at an out of state tryout with a generic helmet, I bet the ranch kids get cut within first 10 minutes because of their sense of entitlement. Head , Heart , Hustle a lacrosse mantra not in their vocabulary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails started to go out ysterday. Maybe you should relax. They told all the boys that everyone would hear by Wednesday.

So the 2019's went out yesterday or another age went out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know emails went out yesterday are you part of the Brine sham tryout system ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know emails went out yesterday are you part of the Brine sham tryout system ?

Yes, they started yesterday. My son got his letter saying he wasn't selected.

Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard