BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set the record straight on this issue. The coach of the Turtles went to the 2016 Orange coaches and asked to not play the game. He said that his player were exhausted from the previous game. The coach of the Turtles actually thanked the 2016 Orange parents for being understanding about not playing the game. The 2016 Orange players and coaches wanted to play the Turtles. 2016 Orange has played them and beaten them every time they have asked. So enough with this issue. The boys have gotten over it already. Why cant you??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They are not older,just held back.Ha Ha

Were they all held back when they played for McMaess and Corwan just last week? And the hotshots and fl$ boys- where they "held back"? No
They were not. Should be interesting to see this new power express 2017 group play better comp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it's a shame.Good parent's and great bunch of kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 98 kids on that team. answer 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think we are stupid that you do not know how to spell McMANUS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could definitely see a team made up of the best players from the teams (express/fl$ etc) being good. Is this the plan for 2013? It seems the 2012 summer season is about to end.

If it is true that Korwins team is breaking up, that is a shame. From my perspective, that guy put his heart into that team and is always a gentleman during competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's set the record straight on this issue. The coach of the Turtles went to the 2016 Orange coaches and asked to not play the game. He said that his player were exhausted from the previous game. The coach of the Turtles actually thanked the 2016 Orange parents for being understanding about not playing the game. The 2016 Orange players and coaches wanted to play the Turtles. 2016 Orange has played them and beaten them every time they have asked. So enough with this issue. The boys have gotten over it already. Why cant you??

ok so if this is the official story of what happened - they "ducked" a team because they were exhausted. No shame because they were playing up, but remove the "we don't duck anyone" slogan.
My fifth grade team was "really" exhausted at tri-state but we played all our games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not older,just held back.Ha Ha

Were they all held back when they played for McMaess and Corwan just last week? And the hotshots and fl$ boys- where they "held back"? No
They were not. Should be interesting to see this new power express 2017 group play better comp.

For the record, there are two older kids from McManus team and one from Korwans. I watched the games last night, that is going to be a very, very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think we are stupid that you do not know how to spell McMANUS.

Cant get nothing be you! Sharp cookie!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could definitely see a team made up of the best players from the teams (express/fl$ etc) being good. Is this the plan for 2013? It seems the 2012 summer season is about to end.

If it is true that Korwins team is breaking up, that is a shame. From my perspective, that guy put his heart into that team and is always a gentleman during competition.

That express 2017 power group that played in Hills last night was for real. We watched them, wow. Big kids and everyone is fast. Does anyone know if they keep that together with chanencuk coaching it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2017 express team that played at the autism event was insane. If this team sticks together and continues to play, they could be very difficult to beat come next summer. Unselfish lacrosse. They were fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team was very impressive, great face off kid, insane attack, intense presure defense, top notch coaching and a goalie that let up zero!!!!! WOW hope they stick and we haven't discussed middies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me the level of your competition, I dont think you will beat 91, gladiators and true blue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"stick"?!
That crew is doomed. There is NOT ONE TEAM which changes lineup more often, nor a club more reputed for rotating rosters. Been there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that the unlikely pairing of the two phrases, "keep it together" and the name mentioned above, would doom the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That express 2017 power group that played in Hills last night was for real. We watched them, wow. Big kids and everyone is fast. Does anyone know if they keep that together with chanencuk coaching it?

That is the pattern. Prepare new orange team with best players from other teams and make tryouts a sham. Any current orange players not involved in this hills tourney are toast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team that at the Autism event was a joke. They bring kids from 5 different teams to an autism event??

That is not right.

They will just have fake tryouts in the fall, collect some more money, and the kids won't even have a chance to make the team. Doug something like this is unfair to the kids who made the Express A team, and messes up the integrity of the game.

Channy should be ashamed what he did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the pattern. Prepare new orange team with best players from other teams and make tryouts a sham. Any current orange players not involved in this hills tourney are toast.

I remember reading last year about a similar situation where MC put together a team with kids from the Express and other travel programs. Now I am reading the same thing again. I have a few questions:

1. What tournament on LI did these kids play in?
2. Was it a top notch tournament? If not, why are they putting together an "All-Star" team for a local LI tournament?
3. "It takes two to tango." Why are parents of players on other travel programs allowing their kids to play for MC? Where is there loyalty to their own program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017's will be rising freshman next summer. Allow yourself to think about what that means.... Many of the players will be thinking about where they want to go to HS. With that said, many will want to play for the coaches of those High Schools during the summer before their freshman year....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017's will be rising freshman next summer. Allow yourself to think about what that means.... Many of the players will be thinking about where they want to go to HS. With that said, many will want to play for the coaches of those High Schools during the summer before their freshman year....

Are you drunk? 2017 kids are going into 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mike c has taken a bad 2016 team and made it one of the best in the country why wouldn't a kid want the same opportunity. If they are going to st Anthony's or chaminade they would definitely want to make a move. It is about the kids and their future teams need to understand that

I remember reading last year about a similar situation where MC put together a team with kids from the Express and other travel programs. Now I am reading the same thing again. I have a few questions:

2. Was it a top notch tournament? If not, why are they putting together an "All-Star" team for a local LI tournament?
3. "It takes two to tango." Why are parents of players on other travel programs allowing their kids to play for MC? Where is there loyalty to their own program?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to try and change the mood on here a bit. let me be the first to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this past season of lax on Long Island. Despite all the nonsense, (which the parents and coaches create) the level of competition at the 7tth is fantastic. For the most part all the parents behave and thhe kids show good sportsmanship. Let's not let the few taint the many. As a parent of a 2017 Express team kid, I am thankful my son gets to compete at this level, and I look forward to many years of great lax. We have the best lacrosse in the country, let's enjoy it,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you not read!!!! He said "next summer"...They are going to 8th this fall and will be rising Freshman NEXT SUMMER!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Answers:

1. It was a Lax for Autism event at HHH east high school
2. They played a West Islip town team and the Outlaws and they destroyed both of them. Why he did it is a whole different story!
3. Loyalty? Ha that's a joke, no such thing anymore, it's every kid and every parent for himself,
4. MC had enough talent between the 2017 Orange and Piranhas, he didn't need to bring in outside kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"stick"?!
That crew is doomed. There is NOT ONE TEAM which changes lineup more often, nor a club more reputed for rotating rosters. Been there...

You are exactly correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the parents on the other teams were not happy with the team they were on. Don't be a hater, the kids will leave and try out for different teams because the parents feelings will get hurt because they all want to be on Orange teams. Bottom line if your kid can't get on the team it's because his level of play doesn't get him there. This is not PAL where everyone is equal. I heard the new express team is going to be called the Express Sharks. They crushed the travel team from Huntington the Outlaws best team Black. Those kids will now try out for the Sharks and everyone will continue to cry. This is not town LAX its travel. Welcome to Competetive youth LAX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Answers:

4. MC had enough talent between the 2017 Orange and Piranhas, he didn't need to bring in outside kids.

But they will. That is the Express way. The orange teams start out the year with 20 kids or so and end up with 30 by the time the summer is over. Take a look at the 2016 team if you need more proof. How many kids were added to the roster during the year? If your kids is not one of the top players at his position, he will be replaced. You will start to see his playing time diminish or be cut all together. That is the writing on the wall for him. Find somewhere else for him or be on the white team next year.

I know all teams are looking to improve from year to year but most will stick with the roster during the year and make changes at tryouts. Making an Express Orange team is an accompishement but the downside is they are always looking to add players and your kids will spend the entire year "on the bubble".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know nothing about 2016. People said "oh MC is adding players and booting Some" this was early in the season and didn't happen. 2 Kids were added, that was directly due to some Kids who had conflicts with the HS. They were good enough to let the coaches know the HS coach was a problen for some Tournaments. Which worked out good because we lost 2 Kids to injuries and we ended up needing everyone! Oh who won the fl$ 3D tournament? (short players) Bottom line kids come to tryouts because they want to be on the best teams, you can't argue that. No parent has a gun to their head being forced to sign the Express. THEY WANT IT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty..ur kidding right..look past the lacrosse, this isnt about lax, its about money. why do u think he told the parents that it will be a significant amount of money to play..the number being thrown around is $3-4k per kid. take that from 25 kids, $100k team, you gotta love that huh..Channy getting richer buy the day...You have to give credit to his minions who put this baby together, one or two dads with some emails and phone numbers from the express, fl$, Hot Shots , Garden City..And what is left over in the wake of this baby, tons..Kids will sail off with this Sharks team and be happy right? never looking back to say hey, i had something good were i was. And the guy who helped me get to this team or this program, forget him, he got left behind..and wait..it gets better, some of these kids who jettisoned out of their teams , will all of a sudden be on the bubble to make the sharks next year, because mikeys minions found the next best middie or attackman...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the parents on the other teams were not happy with the team they were on. Don't be a hater, the kids will leave and try out for different teams because the parents feelings will get hurt because they all want to be on Orange teams. Bottom line if your kid can't get on the team it's because his level of play doesn't get him there. This is not PAL where everyone is equal. I heard the new express team is going to be called the Express Sharks. They crushed the travel team from Huntington the Outlaws best team Black. Those kids will now try out for the Sharks and everyone will continue to cry. This is not town LAX its travel. Welcome to Competetive youth LAX

Are there anymore tournaments or practices set for the express sharks team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh who won the fl$ 3D tournament? (short players)

Congratulations. What teams were there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the new express team is going to be called the Express Sharks.

Checkmate Sharks???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017's are going into 8th grade this fall. Now read slowly... What grade will they be entering after next summer's lax season. That would be 9th. So this fall they are trying out for a rising Freshman team. These teams at a certain club will be coached by, and looked at by coaches from some Catholic High Schools. Do you get it now???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyalty..ur kidding right..look past the lacrosse, this isnt about lax, its about money. why do u think he told the parents that it will be a significant amount of money to play..the number being thrown around is $3-4k per kid. take that from 25 kids, $100k team, you gotta love that huh..Channy getting richer buy the day...You have to give credit to his minions who put this baby together, one or two dads with some emails and phone numbers from the express, fl$, Hot Shots , Garden City..And what is left over in the wake of this baby, tons..Kids will sail off with this Sharks team and be happy right? never looking back to say hey, i had something good were i was. And the guy who helped me get to this team or this program, forget him, he got left behind..and wait..it gets better, some of these kids who jettisoned out of their teams , will all of a sudden be on the bubble to make the sharks next year, because mikeys minions found the next best middie or attackman...

You got some bad info. MC never told the parents it was going to cost a boatload of money. Not true. The $3000 or $4000 a team is another complete lie. You sound very bitter, you must've been attacked by a great white or mako in the past (those are Sharks).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See below:
http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k158524.htm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 fl$ in 3d results: won by fl$
http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k158525.htm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know nothing about 2016. People said "oh MC is adding players and booting Some" this was early in the season and didn't happen. 2 Kids were added, that was directly due to some Kids who had conflicts with the HS. They were good enough to let the coaches know the HS coach was a problen for some Tournaments. Which worked out good because we lost 2 Kids to injuries and we ended up needing everyone! Oh who won the fl$ 3D tournament? (short players) Bottom line kids come to tryouts because they want to be on the best teams, you can't argue that. No parent has a gun to their head being forced to sign the Express. THEY WANT IT

You are bragging about THAT tournament? There weren't any decent 2016 teams attending that one. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got some bad info. MC never told the parents it was going to cost a boatload of money. Not true. The $3000 or $4000 a team is another complete lie. You sound very bitter, you must've been attacked by a great white or mako in the past (those are Sharks).

I think it was you with the bad info. MC told all the parents there would be a "significant" financial investment for the kids that were chosen. They are planning to do speed and agility training, box lacrosse and team practices. If you don't think this is also motivated by money you need to wake up. Yes the kids they picked are very talented, but I hope the parents have their checkbooks ready.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This was a onetime charity tournament event, the kids practiced a couple of times. I was there when MC addressed the parents, there are no guaranties this team is going forward, no guaranties the players would be staying and no mention of any type of financial commitment. Everything being said is pure speculation and rumors. my son was asked to play at this event, the players and coaching were very good but there was nothing discussed about going forward

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have practice today, why didn't you mention that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard