BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly. Kids going 0-6 or 1-5 and having blowout games week after week is not a great set up going into summer. Parent and coaches ego. Let the kids play where they belong talent wise. They will be much happier.

Exactly, nobody benefits in a 15-2 game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Kids going 0-6 or 1-5 and having blowout games week after week is not a great set up going into summer. Parent and coaches ego. Let the kids play where they belong talent wise. They will be much happier.

Exactly, nobody benefits in a 15-2 game.

And then this forum will go crazy how a team does not let up with scoring when they have a 10 pt lead. Hoco you are putting these boys in a bad position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let it play out. Who invited Sons anyhow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if anyone invited them or if they simply asked to play but they add another talented team to the top bracket and if it had been left as it was including them and the other 5, it would have been the first time that these teams were in a single bracket in the same league making for crazy competitive games each week. Bringing 3 teams up was a poor choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They belong in the bracket more than 91P, Next Level and Mad Lax and the other five are probably glad they joined. Not sure why all the hostility directed at RS - them being in the bracket adds another competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? Good competition is good competition. Why wouldn't you want them there? The more the merrier. More games, more fun, more challenges. Change your attitude! You'll feel so much better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea on how the divisions break for 2021?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do tell. Let's see 2021 brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they simply put all of last years NYPLL teams in elite bracket at 2021. Not sure if rumor or not but several HoCo teams would certainly belong (GT and Koopers)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GT 2021 has beat Crabs 2021 the last 3x, how aren't they elite?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the latest with the 2020 brackets and the non invitation teams that wanted to get into the top bracket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the latest with the 2020 brackets and the non invitation teams that wanted to get into the top bracket?

Apparently some type of round robin is in the works to determine whether some of the fringe AA teams get to play in the top division. I assume next weekend but don't know other details

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently some type of round robin is in the works to determine whether some of the fringe AA teams get to play in the top division. I assume next weekend but don't know other details

Just curious where is all this information coming from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either you are good enough or your not. If you have to play your way in your asking for a weekly beating. IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious where is all this information coming from?

Heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh ok that's what I figured

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either you are good enough or your not. If you have to play your way in your asking for a weekly beating. IMO

Whichever team gets to be in the bracket, their boys better be prepared for what their coach did to them. Pushing to be in a bracket in a league above your talent level can only lead to a lot of frustrated boys. Better to enter a one day tournament at the higher level if you want to challenge yourself. Coaches who push too much are not helping to develop their players-only fueling their own egos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your only as good as the competition you play, if they don't do well they can play "A" tournaments.

Theybwerebthe beat "A" team last year, why shouldn't they move up a bracket and see where they fit in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your only as good as the competition you play, if they don't do well they can play "A" tournaments.

Theybwerebthe beat "A" team last year, why shouldn't they move up a bracket and see where they fit in.

Any team that was an A team last year, could play in AA bracket this year and have plenty of competitive games. Moving from A to AA Elite skipping over AA is generally not in the best interest of the boys and is only fueling the coach so they can say "me too". It will be a little late after the boys are throughly frustrated to then register for lower tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was the best A team last year that wants to move up? A little crazy to go from being an A team and playing light weight tournaments to putting your boys up against the best teams in the country week after week. Crabs and Looneys will tear them apart and then they will complain about holdbacks, how players were brought down, how it is unsportsmanlike etc. when unfortunately those teams will have to drive the score up for playoff stats purposes. Getting demolished week after week is not being as good as the competition you play and does not build stronger players-it knocks them down. The saying refers to playing good competition and each team having an equal chance of winning a game to push both teams to play their best. Nothing will be learned when these teams roll over a team by 10 + margins. All about the coaches - not the boys and the parents should think twice about any coach who has their team play for a slot in a bracket that they will be outplayed each week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team got better this offseason, they were best "A" last year, it's time for them to move up. If they are outclassed then so be it, they will go back down the following year. I don't understand why these elitist teams care, when according to them it will be an easy win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team got better this offseason, they were best "A" last year, it's time for them to move up. If they are outclassed then so be it, they will go back down the following year. I don't understand why these elitist teams care, when according to them it will be an easy win.

Which A team is saying they were the number one A team last year and based on what? it seems more like the coaches ego as opposed to what is best for the kids. And why would they not play AA which is the next logical step? All teams theoretically should have gotten better this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as I hate to say it - and believe me I do - Crabs 2020 is going to roll through this league. There is no way a team of what is essentially 2019s/2018s shouldn't win every game. RM's holdback strategy wins. Sorry to say it - but - its a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which A team is saying they were the number one A team last year and based on what? it seems more like the coaches ego as opposed to what is best for the kids. And why would they not play AA which is the next logical step? All teams theoretically should have gotten better this year.

I think it is Team 91 Platinum which was Breakers White last year. They won NYPLL A division and beat FCA White and Looneys Green in the Koopers league in fairly close games. A few of the teams they lost to may have taken a step back - Arden and Roughriders. They might have a tough go in the top division but why do you care so much? Give the some credit for stepping up to a challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as I hate to say it - and believe me I do - Crabs 2020 is going to roll through this league. There is no way a team of what is essentially 2019s/2018s shouldn't win every game. RM's holdback strategy wins. Sorry to say it - but - its a fact.

True, but at least everyone will know why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams involved know this and honestly do not pay attention any longer. They can claim their win but they and everyone else knows it is bogus and move on. They have all been dealing w RM and his band of holdbacks far too long to care anymore. It is just comical watching the double holdbacks on the field thinking they are superior to kids two years younger. Parents must be proud of themselves and junior. The on age kids have pride in themselves and the knowledge of knowing they are the best on age players in the region. That is enough for most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be nice to see other team coaches protest to the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference Commissioner, Derrick Thompson, about how Crabs operates and simply band Crabs from playing in any division of 2020. You are correct, this is a 2019/2018 team and have no right to play in a 2020 division. The push back from Crabs would be that all of his players are 2020 year graduates, but we all know the age of many of the players are old 14 and some very very close to 15, playing against 13 and young 14 year olds. Not sure if the Commissioner would have the guts to do this, don't know how well he is connected to Ryan McClernan but I am damn well sure he is well aware of how Crabs operates. Simply a disgusting man and organization. If they did get pushed out it would make many people happy to see an organization stand up to McClernan. [lacrosse], if the Commissioner is aware of this he should do this on his own, no need for anyone to request this. Do what is right for the players and the integrity of youth grade base lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams involved know this and honestly do not pay attention any longer. They can claim their win but they and everyone else knows it is bogus and move on. They have all been dealing w RM and his band of holdbacks far too long to care anymore. It is just comical watching the double holdbacks on the field thinking they are superior to kids two years younger. Parents must be proud of themselves and junior. The on age kids have pride in themselves and the knowledge of knowing they are the best on age players in the region. That is enough for most.

True, no worries about wins/loses but major worries about player safety and young 2020 playing against much older players, basically a 2019 team. Crabs 2020 needs to move on and find a league and enter their team as a 2019 and probably get the sh*t kicked out of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not a 91 parent, or fan, but what I know is that
91 platinum picked up some very good players from other "A" teams. They were the top "A" team in the areal ats season, they made the right decision to move up to the top league and see where they stand. Let's be honest here, the "AA" division this year is really just an "A" division and "Elite" should be "AA". 91 platinum moving to "Elite" is the next logical step.

They added on "Elite" so they didn't have to call the lowest division "C".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are the best...deal with it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 platinum picked up some very good players from other "A" teams. They were the top "A" team in the areal ats season, they made the right decision to move up to the top league and see where they stand. Let's be honest here, the "AA" division this year is really just an "A" division and "Elite" should be "AA". 91 platinum moving to "Elite" is the next logical step.

On Long Island what you consider AA and A we consider A and B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are the best...deal with it!

Crabs are a group of cheaters, admit it and deal with a-hole.
You know it and so does the entire lacrosse community, so just keep on with your lies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, says another parent whose so was not good enough to make the best club team in the US

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y

You clearly do not understand the landscape with this age group. Lets see first if 91 platinum gets into the bracket - several of the more conpetitive AA teams have decided it is not worth dragging their kids for this play day so they may make it but at that point their results will either make or break them. This is a talented group of higher level teams - 91 platinum may be ready for a jump to AA but will struggle to compete with the top teams. They may get close to 91 Force as Millon will dictate Force not win by a wide margin so as no to embarass the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They added Elite as an invite only bracket - you can argue about whether or not specific teams belong there but no other area could put together a bracket as strong as this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haha, says another parent whose so was not good enough to make the best club team in the US

Trust me d bag, he is well beyond good enough to play for Crabs but he wants nothing to do with them, mainly because he is on age, straight A student, is a started on an AA team and has no desire to repeat a grade like Ryan wants most to do in the Crabs organization. Keep telling your son he is great, it's fine to abuse the system and try to get ahead. I'm sure you are so proud when he and his "older" team can beat a mostly on age team. If you think Crabs is the best club team in the US, you need to grab your ears and pull your head out of your a*s. Or just leave it there and be part of the most disgusting youth club team in the US.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry for your situation with your son....hopefully he does not become a bitter old man like his father.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me d bag, he is well beyond good enough to play for Crabs but he wants nothing to do with them, mainly because he is on age, straight A student, is a started on an AA team and has no desire to repeat a grade like Ryan wants most to do in the Crabs organization. Keep telling your son he is great, it's fine to abuse the system and try to get ahead. I'm sure you are so proud when he and his "older" team can beat a mostly on age team. If you think Crabs is the best club team in the US, you need to grab your ears and pull your head out of your a*s. Or just leave it there and be part of the most disgusting youth club team in the US.

Keep crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be nice to see other team coaches protest to the Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference Commissioner, Derrick Thompson, about how Crabs operates and simply band Crabs from playing in any division of 2020. You are correct, this is a 2019/2018 team and have no right to play in a 2020 division. The push back from Crabs would be that all of his players are 2020 year graduates, but we all know the age of many of the players are old 14 and some very very close to 15, playing against 13 and young 14 year olds. Not sure if the Commissioner would have the guts to do this, don't know how well he is connected to Ryan McClernan but I am damn well sure he is well aware of how Crabs operates. Simply a disgusting man and organization. If they did get pushed out it would make many people happy to see an organization stand up to McClernan. [lacrosse], if the Commissioner is aware of this he should do this on his own, no need for anyone to request this. Do what is right for the players and the integrity of youth grade base lacrosse.

Only way you might get some attention is to contact the County Executive. There are people in Howard County who have held their kid back and doubt there is anyone who will stand up to RM as he is part of their "network".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep crying.

Ignore the Crab - chances are he is just a player stirring the pot. Everyone knows who and what they are - just teach your kid to have integrity and character. There are many who feel the same way you do and would not think about having their kids repeat a grade for a sport - you will never convince the Crabs otherwise. Let them continue to live in their fantasy world.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 70 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard