BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 111 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What I find interesting are those who toss stones at parents who decide to send their child to one of the Catholics. Its their choice the student took the entrance exam and passed for whatever school that they were accepted to. Whatever the reason its their choice and in no way effects anyone but themselves. They still pay their taxes in the town they live in. They incur the extra expense of paying to go to a private on top of their other expenses. Some want to go for academics, athletics, the tradition of the catholic school education and experience. Its not for everyone and that is why you see kids returning to their public schools. The reasons vary but it does happen. I find those who knock the Catholic schools have some underlying agenda.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy is the underlying agenda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is wrong with making cuts? Kids get cut in other sports like basketball and baseball all the time. Has been that way for decades. I guess everyone needs to get a trophy too. The wussification of America........

I took his comment differently. But I see a different bad side. I see kids not trying and giving up before the cuts because they think they will get cut that is worse

The idea is that as a Freshman in HS if you want to play Lax and you are living in the Chaminade fantasy world that your HS lacrosse life can be ended the first spring that you show up at the school tryouots. And many a good player gets cut and then has to stay because his parents don't want to tell the neighbors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While this may be mostly true, the process isn't quite so severe . The freshman/ jv has quite a few players in uniform for first couple of years. probably more than 80 - 90. the parents have the enjoyment of the tailgates, wearing Chaminade swag etc. so its not so very painfull jr year when it gets whittled down.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What is wrong with making cuts? Kids get cut in other sports like basketball and baseball all the time. Has been that way for decades. I guess everyone needs to get a trophy too. The wussification of America........

I took his comment differently. But I see a different bad side. I see kids not trying and giving up before the cuts because they think they will get cut that is worse

The idea is that as a Freshman in HS if you want to play Lax and you are living in the Chaminade fantasy world that your HS lacrosse life can be ended the first spring that you show up at the school tryouots. And many a good player gets cut and then has to stay because his parents don't want to tell the neighbors.

And!! Thats the chance they took. Saying that they stay because they don't want to tell the neighbors is B.S. Everyone knows who makes the team and who doesn't. At least they took the chance and tried. Not everyone makes teams and I think parents need to get used to this. Its not an everyone makes a team and gets a trophy house league. Many talented kids get cut. Most parents don't make getting cut a teaching moment, rather they get bitter and scream foul. How about a player had a better tryout. It happens but if your not used to it its hard.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the geniuses on here who "know" Long Island lacrosse, I have one question. Give me all the teams on LI, public and private, that have cuts and still field not only a JV A and B, but where the B can beat the A? And by the way, they would have a Varsity A and B if they could ever get teams to agree to play their B team. It's only a matter of time, before we see three school buses show up at away games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While this may be mostly true, the process isn't quite so severe . The freshman/ jv has quite a few players in uniform for first couple of years. probably more than 80 - 90. the parents have the enjoyment of the tailgates, wearing Chaminade swag etc. so its not so very painfull jr year when it gets whittled down.

both the freshmen and JV teams carry between 44 to 46 players each not 80/90 each

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the geniuses on here who "know" Long Island lacrosse, I have one question. Give me all the teams on LI, public and private, that have cuts and still field not only a JV A and B, but where the B can beat the A? And by the way, they would have a Varsity A and B if they could ever get teams to agree to play their B team. It's only a matter of time, before we see three school buses show up at away games.

I'm no genius, but I think the only other school that meets this description is St. Anthony's. What is your point? That a lot of kids try and play lax at these two schools? Not really a revelation! At Chammy 100+ kids typically try out for the Freshman team. 25% will have little to no experience. The rest will be solid - some very talented, others were above average to average. Probably ~30 kids who are decent players will get cut. Nature of the beast. Probably no different at Holy Tony's
BTW - there is no way a JV A team (freshman) beats a JV B (sophomore) team. I doubt even the vaunted Chammy 2018 class could make that happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and so the lacrosse gods have spoken --it must be that every kid who plays lacrosse (or wants to play lacrosse) and goes to Chaminade (or any other private school) must be there for that reason and that reason alone....not the tradition, the academics, the Catholic school experience, the opportunities that may not be available in their public school -- just for the lax. So if a child (gasp)actually gets cut for whatever the reason and does NOT go back to public, it is because of parent embarrassment, not because there is more to high school than LACROSSE. How did we all miss that in our decision making process???? oh, now I get it...so my kid (and us) are not in school with people that think that way (and that includes you). Full disclosure - we are a Catholic school family

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's 90 isn't it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

both the freshmen and JV teams carry between 44 to 46 players each not 80/90 each

The catholic schools need a separate conference for Holy Trinity , Kellenberg, St. John's this way these teams can play competitive games instead of being beaten up every year by Chaminade and St Anyhonys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players that get cut can't be any better than the public kids that get cut. Why? Because Chaminade loses to publics, so that is a reflection of player quality. And as for these "super" sophomores, talk to me after they Play against the big boys. Of course the seem good because Ty Xanders says so. Remember, most have them have no clue how different it is to play varsity, as opposed to only your own age group.some of them will have a tough time due to their size.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at a D1 lacrosse roster, especially an IVY league roster and take note of how many kids are private school/prep school kids vs public school kids. The simple fact is private/prep schools offer a better education and prepare kids for the next level academically. Lacrosse is a small part of the decision in sending your child to a private/prep school. To be sure there are fine public schools but overall private/preps offer your child a competitive advantage academically. Chaminade happens to be a 1st rate academic institution and you cant knock anyone for wanting to send their kid there, lacrosse or no lacrosse, they just happen to also have an outstanding lacrosse program as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a look at a D1 lacrosse roster, especially an IVY league roster and take note of how many kids are private school/prep school kids vs public school kids. The simple fact is private/prep schools offer a better education and prepare kids for the next level academically. Lacrosse is a small part of the decision in sending your child to a private/prep school. To be sure there are fine public schools but overall private/preps offer your child a competitive advantage academically. Chaminade happens to be a 1st rate academic institution and you cant knock anyone for wanting to send their kid there, lacrosse or no lacrosse, they just happen to also have an outstanding lacrosse program as well.

It's more of a fact that the private school parents will fork over the money to pay for an Ivy League school. That is why they get more kids. Not that their kids are smarter from the private school education

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more of a fact that the private school parents will fork over the money to pay for an Ivy League school. That is why they get more kids. Not that their kids are smarter from the private school education

Lmao! So what youre saying is that public school kids are getting accepted but wont go to some of the worlds best colleges because they dont want to pay the tuition? It is a pretty well known fact that the Ivies are very generous with financial aid for families that cant afford it. Their philosophy being that if a kid can get accepted the sole reason he/she cant go will not be money. Having said that I wasnt insinuating that prep/private school kids are smarter at all, simply that those schools do have better academics in most cases and college admissions offices tend to look more favorably on a prep/private school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lmao! So what youre saying is that public school kids are getting accepted but wont go to some of the worlds best colleges because they dont want to pay the tuition? It is a pretty well known fact that the Ivies are very generous with financial aid for families that cant afford it. Their philosophy being that if a kid can get accepted the sole reason he/she cant go will not be money. Having said that I wasnt insinuating that prep/private school kids are smarter at all, simply that those schools do have better academics in most cases and college admissions offices tend to look more favorably on a prep/private school.

I've got kids going to both, prep and public, as well as being in prep HS myself. The biggest difference is the networking club of alumni that you become part of at a prep. When I went for my interview for an Ivy with an alumni, it was much less formal, less intimidating and a lot different than my friend's interview who attended another school. Job networking is also key. It's being a part of "the network" that you don't necessarily get from a public. That said, both can offer outstanding educational opportunities, as well in the arts, athletics etc. Public schools get state and fed money, and can use it to build state of the art labs, buildings etc. Preps get alumni donations and tuition. They have the ability to do the same, the difference being, they don't have to adhere to the state and fed mandates and do what they believe best suits their current and future student body. If in a good district, you can have a great experience, but the networking is the difference, and it is certainly helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Take a look at a D1 lacrosse roster, especially an IVY league roster and take note of how many kids are private school/prep school kids vs public school kids. The simple fact is private/prep schools offer a better education and prepare kids for the next level academically. Lacrosse is a small part of the decision in sending your child to a private/prep school. To be sure there are fine public schools but overall private/preps offer your child a competitive advantage academically. Chaminade happens to be a 1st rate academic institution and you cant knock anyone for wanting to send their kid there, lacrosse or no lacrosse, they just happen to also have an outstanding lacrosse program as well.

I've got kids going to both, prep and public, as well as being in prep HS myself. The biggest difference is the networking club of alumni that you become part of at a prep. When I went for my interview for an Ivy with an alumni, it was much less formal, less intimidating and a lot different than my friend's interview who attended another school. Job networking is also key. It's being a part of "the network" that you don't necessarily get from a public. That said, both can offer outstanding educational opportunities, as well in the arts, athletics etc. Public schools get state and fed money, and can use it to build state of the art labs, buildings etc. Preps get alumni donations and tuition. They have the ability to do the same, the difference being, they don't have to adhere to the state and fed mandates and do what they believe best suits their current and future student body. If in a good district, you can have a great experience, but the networking is the difference, and it is certainly helpful.

So what you are saying is the teaching at public schools from the teachers that have masters and without a doubt are way more qualified then at the very least the catholic schools is not up to par. They just get paid a lot more???. Why won't the Catholic schools pay as much as public??. You are wrong about the financials. Most people don't qualify for the aid unless you make very little

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Take a look at a D1 lacrosse roster, especially an IVY league roster and take note of how many kids are private school/prep school kids vs public school kids. The simple fact is private/prep schools offer a better education and prepare kids for the next level academically. Lacrosse is a small part of the decision in sending your child to a private/prep school. To be sure there are fine public schools but overall private/preps offer your child a competitive advantage academically. Chaminade happens to be a 1st rate academic institution and you cant knock anyone for wanting to send their kid there, lacrosse or no lacrosse, they just happen to also have an outstanding lacrosse program as well.

So what you are saying is the teaching at public schools from the teachers that have masters and without a doubt are way more qualified then at the very least the catholic schools is not up to par. They just get paid a lot more???. Why won't the Catholic schools pay as much as public??. You are wrong about the financials. Most people don't qualify for the aid unless you make very little

Chaminade and Kellenberg students don't take NYS regents exam because they have convinced the state that there testing is a more difficult, comprehensive curriculum. I'm sure their SAT scores match up very favorably vs publics and for every great public school teacher there are 4-5 that mail it in once tenure kicks in - in a nut shell there is no longer any accountability for the students, teachers or administrators in the publics - that's the sad truth about where this country is going

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make over 100K per year and you will be screwed and need to pay 50k per year for your kids education

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm no genius, but I think the only other school that meets this description is St. Anthony's. What is your point? That a lot of kids try and play lax at these two schools? Not really a revelation! At Chammy 100+ kids typically try out for the Freshman team. 25% will have little to no experience. The rest will be solid - some very talented, others were above average to average. Probably ~30 kids who are decent players will get cut. Nature of the beast. Probably no different at Holy Tony's
BTW - there is no way a JV A team (freshman) beats a JV B (sophomore) team. I doubt even the vaunted Chammy 2018 class could make that happen.

The point is the two schools you mentioned have a pool of kids the publics don't have. That's it. Those schools will never be down and should win just about every game like Haverford and Boys Latin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and so the lacrosse gods have spoken --it must be that every kid who plays lacrosse (or wants to play lacrosse) and goes to Chaminade (or any other private school) must be there for that reason and that reason alone....not the tradition, the academics, the Catholic school experience, the opportunities that may not be available in their public school -- just for the lax. So if a child (gasp)actually gets cut for whatever the reason and does NOT go back to public, it is because of parent embarrassment, not because there is more to high school than LACROSSE. How did we all miss that in our decision making process???? oh, now I get it...so my kid (and us) are not in school with people that think that way (and that includes you). Full disclosure - we are a Catholic school family

Because I have spoken to kids that have been cut. They would go back to their public school or another Catholic school. But there parents won't allow it. By the way, I have never heard one kid (including non-lacrosse players) say they love Chaminade. It's the parents that love Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Ivies work on a sliding scale for need based financial aid from the SCHOOL itself, not the FAFSA. It is true if you make over 100k you wont get squat from the government but the schools base your aid on your complete financial picture and your ability to pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because I have spoken to kids that have been cut. They would go back to their public school or another Catholic school. But there parents won't allow it. By the way, I have never heard one kid (including non-lacrosse players) say they love Chaminade. It's the parents that love Chaminade.

Somebody is attending all the alumni events

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Ivies work on a sliding scale for need based financial aid from the SCHOOL itself, not the FAFSA. It is true if you make over 100k you wont get squat from the government but the schools base your aid on your complete financial picture and your ability to pay.

It's basically a 10% rule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]and so the lacrosse gods have spoken --it must be that every kid who plays lacrosse (or wants to play lacrosse) and goes to Chaminade (or any other private school) must be there for that reason and that reason alone....not the tradition, the academics, the Catholic school experience, the opportunities that may not be available in their public school -- just for the lax. So if a child (gasp)actually gets cut for whatever the reason and does NOT go back to public, it is because of parent embarrassment, not because there is more to high school than LACROSSE. How did we all miss that in our decision making process???? oh, now I get it...so my kid (and us) are not in school with people that think that way (and that includes you). Full disclosure - we are a Catholic school family

Because I have spoken to kids that have been cut. They would go back to their public school or another Catholic school. But there parents won't allow it. By the way, I have never heard one kid (including non-lacrosse players) say they love Chaminade. It's the parents that love Chaminade

I have have a son who is a Chaminade alum. When he attended Chaminade, I will concede that I never heard him or any of his friends say that they loved Chaminade. The school is a grind. However, every single one of them -- to a man -- say that they want their sons to attend the school. Very telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]and so the lacrosse gods have spoken --it must be that every kid who plays lacrosse (or wants to play lacrosse) and goes to Chaminade (or any other private school) must be there for that reason and that reason alone....not the tradition, the academics, the Catholic school experience, the opportunities that may not be available in their public school -- just for the lax. So if a child (gasp)actually gets cut for whatever the reason and does NOT go back to public, it is because of parent embarrassment, not because there is more to high school than LACROSSE. How did we all miss that in our decision making process???? oh, now I get it...so my kid (and us) are not in school with people that think that way (and that includes you). Full disclosure - we are a Catholic school family

Because I have spoken to kids that have been cut. They would go back to their public school or another Catholic school. But there parents won't allow it. By the way, I have never heard one kid (including non-lacrosse players) say they love Chaminade. It's the parents that love Chaminade

I have have a son who is a Chaminade alum. When he attended Chaminade, I will concede that I never heard him or any of his friends say that they loved Chaminade. The school is a grind. However, every single one of them -- to a man -- say that they want their sons to attend the school. Very telling.

Yes, so their kids can hate high school too. And not only hate high school, but get cut from the team, when you would start on your town team (it happened). Sounds like a memorable childhood to me. Hope they all become presidents of banks, high priced attorneys or hedge fund managers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, so their kids can hate high school too. And not only hate high school, but get cut from the team, when you would start on your town team (it happened). Sounds like a memorable childhood to me. Hope they all become presidents of banks, high priced attorneys or hedge fund managers.

What a loser attitude you have!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a loser attitude you have!

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are very few town school teams that have the luxury of making cuts. Most are begging kids to come out just so they can have a normal practice. Most can't even have a full field scrimmage due to numbers. GC, Manhasset make cuts on JV as well as Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are very few town school teams that have the luxury of making cuts. Most are begging kids to come out just so they can have a normal practice. Most can't even have a full field scrimmage due to numbers. GC, Manhasset make cuts on JV as well as Varsity.

Exactly. The Chaminade numbskulls don't understand that with their high priced eduaction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones that love Chaminade don't waist their time on ridicilious discussions like this! I have heard MANY boys who attend Chaminade right now that are very happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ones that love Chaminade don't waist their time on ridicilious discussions like this! I have heard MANY boys who attend Chaminade right now that are very happy.

Does your kid go to Chaminade? Is he happy? How big is his waist? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like you didn't "waist" your time on "ridicilious" discussions at Chaminade either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do Chaminade varsity begin tryouts? how long do they go on for before settling on roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do Chaminade varsity begin tryouts? how long do they go on for before settling on roster?

Why? are you considering going to tryouts as a walk on? Start Saturday the 5th.... No one knows for sure how long

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like you didn't "waist" your time on "ridicilious" discussions at Chaminade either.

I don't get the "waist" reference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, excuse the typo. I look about 3 times a year on this site. Good day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what you are saying is the teaching at public schools from the teachers that have masters and without a doubt are way more qualified then at the very least the catholic schools is not up to par. They just get paid a lot more???. Why won't the Catholic schools pay as much as public??. You are wrong about the financials. Most people don't qualify for the aid unless you make very little [/quote]

Oh boy, I guess you have never looked at an IVY's financial aid page to know how utterly incorrect you are.
https://admission.princeton.edu/financialaid/how-princetons-aid-program-works/who-qualifies-aid
Who Qualifies for Aid?
Applicants receive aid based on their families’ financial need. We do not use income cutoffs when determining whether to award aid. Any student whose family feels unable to afford the full cost of attendance is encouraged to apply for aid.

Even a family earning over 250K with another child in college will get a grant which would cover 43% of the tuition bill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boom, you just went there! 800lbs gorilla - Will they pull up the soph's[/quote]

The junior and senior classes are fine. Great players in both classes. Until proven this group of sophomores is just going to have to wait it's turn like everyone else. Heard a few sophomore lax dadies tried to petition to have their sophs play varsity this year. [/quote]

As an FYI the current junior class went 33-0 the past 2 seasons - the first time in Chaminade history. No need for the sophomores to move up. They will be fine...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boom, you just went there! 800lbs gorilla - Will they pull up the soph's

The junior and senior classes are fine. Great players in both classes. Until proven this group of sophomores is just going to have to wait it's turn like everyone else. Heard a few sophomore lax dadies tried to petition to have their sophs play varsity this year. [/quote]

As an FYI the current junior class went 33-0 the past 2 seasons - the first time in Chaminade history. No need for the sophomores to move up. They will be fine... [/quote]

with 12 D1 commits in the junior class.... yes the sophmore class also has commits but will need to wait there turn as all have before

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 111 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard