BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And Villanova killed penny state

8 goals from Long Islands Villanova Jr Jake Frocarro. Princeton transfer.

Nice job, how is the other brother doing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like public LI school kids killing it today! Nice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm enjoying seeing Hofstra spank UNC, after reading some degrading comments on here about that program. Also loved seeing Hopkins get payback for the game the should have lost last week!

Maybe there should be degrading comments about both of these programs. Breschi should be ashamed.

The realities of early recruiting, 20 yo freshman, and the growth in the number of kids playing HS lax are starting to bare fruit... Just not in the way UNC and Hop thought it would work out!!! It is only the beginning... What Loyola did a few years ago was just the start of things to come. In the next few years we may see another team from the Patriot, CAA or NEC win it all. The age of parity is here to stay.

Looks like Hofstra got a huge gift from above by way of Canada and Nassau Community College.

Kid had a couple of goals, but the 5 goal scorer was a home grown LI product... Nice try though.

5 goal scorer today was the Canuck - 9,2 in 2 games

Both correct #5 had 5 last week and that's what this person is talking about. #42 had 5 today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra Goalie was the best player on the field today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra Goalie was the best player on the field today.

Kid stood on his head in net.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yale beats Maryland

Even with all the holdbacks and double holdbacks, MD can't beat the kids from Yale....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is the ACC schools and Hopkins are the biggest proponents of early verbal commits. I hope they lose most of their games to teach them a lesson. Won't happen, but wishful thinking. Oh and nepotism alive and well at Binghamton.

So youre saying if Virginia or Duke came knocking on your sons door in 9th grade you would tell them no?

Is the coaches son starting at Binghampton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is the ACC schools and Hopkins are the biggest proponents of early verbal commits. I hope they lose most of their games to teach them a lesson. Won't happen, but wishful thinking. Oh and nepotism alive and well at Binghamton.

So youre saying if Virginia or Duke came knocking on your sons door in 9th grade you would tell them no?

I would tell them no if my kid was going to go to Princeton, Harvard or Yale...

Who cares if the coaches kid is starting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a general rule, Princeton, Yale and Harvard dont recruit freshman or at least it is very rare that they will as kids dont have the test scores as yet. So again the questi

As a general rule, Princeton, Yale and Harvard dont recruit freshman or at least it is very rare that they will as kids dont have the test scores as yet. As it stands now there are 3 published verbals for the IVY league. So again the question is if an ACC team came knocking you would say no?

As to the 2nd question, its because the previous poster intimated that nepotism is alive and well at Binghampton, which of course implies that the coaches son is starting over a better player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because he is an overmatched freshmen attackman with zero points in two games while upperclassmen sit on the bench and the team is 0-2.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who you got for hopkins/unc? I'm thinking unc by 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who you got for hopkins/unc? I'm thinking unc by 3

I'm thinking Petro knocks out Breshi in the 3rd round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big bet lacrosse coaches made is that their sport is unlike all others and you can identify the best college potential talent in middle schoolers. The problem with that is lacrosse is no different from other sports in this regard. Boys develop in every way between 13-17 and that isn't a riddle anyone can solve.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Two of the games I was able to watch and my analysis of them.

Hofstra vs Princeton
Hofstra has something special with its two attack players #5 and #42. Goalie is hot right now. They need to ride that train. Their clearing game was awful to put it lightly. Relying way to much on the long poles to bring the ball up. The middy play is commendable very athletic but undersized. They seem to wear down as the game goes on and that is why they had so many losses last year by 1 or 2 goals when they were leading going into the 4th. with the addition of the Canadian they might be able to posses the ball a bit in the 4th and eat up valuable clock.

Princeton was just white bread nothing exciting. No major flaws yet no real threats. I bet they wish they had the transfer to Villanova back he put up 8 goals himself in one game yesterday. Their goalie was average and they dont have a true faceoff stud. Have some big mids but they never pulled the trigger. They worked a lot of weave offense with many of their goals coming from backside. Will definitely fall out of rankings.

UNC vs Hopkins
Hopkins no longer has the athletes they once had. Clearing game was worst I have seen in a long time. Also turned the ball over way to often. Goalie play was bad. Poor outlets and lack of communication resulted in 3 to 4 turnovers and goals. The difference in the game, in my opinion. I think they had at least 20 turnovers. 6 or 7 failed clears. No real athlete to come back to ball and just blaze it up the field. Their attack is not itself and they need Stanwick to be more of a creator from X he had 5 assists but didn't do much else. Its scary to say but they need more from him. Brown might be one of the best pure shooters I have seen in a while. When he gets his hands free his shot is almost unstoppable. Great torque and hides the ball well. Their mids consist of #44 and him only. He is the only real threat the team has and he does it from behind from the side and up top. need another supporting character. Defense young and late to slide comes from inexperience. With Petro coaching it should sort itself out.

UNC came out hot was up quick and then kinda stalled and picked it up when it counted. Goalie play was poor for them also. Both goalies had sub 40% save percentage. By the box score you can see that many goals scored by UNC were off fast break and turnovers. 7 assist on their 15 goals where Hop had 10 assists on their 11. They are a very vanilla team with nothing that really stood out in a good or a bad way as players. Cloutier is the real deal as is Simpson, Taglafarie, and Pontrello. They need more from their defense and faceoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like every game I watch now the collegiate teams are wearing something other than a Cascade helmet. With all the controversy last year I guess they decided that the refurbishing is not enough. The Schutt helmet has been described as the safest but was criticized as too heavy. This weekend I saw Hopkins, Cornell and UNC all wearing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like every game I watch now the collegiate teams are wearing something other than a Cascade helmet. With all the controversy last year I guess they decided that the refurbishing is not enough. The Schutt helmet has been described as the safest but was criticized as too heavy. This weekend I saw Hopkins, Cornell and UNC all wearing it.

Call me a skeptic, but I would bet a lot of $$$$ that the decisions made to change gear were helped along by a sponsorship and marketing deal. More $ involved for the coach and the program. Safety would be fairly down on the list of factors if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If my 15 year old gets an offer from UVA, Mich or UNC he is taking it.....we will work out whether it is the right for him he is 17!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question : why is Duke playing Mercer? Just terrible and nobody cares how many goals you scored! Don't get it??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me a skeptic, but I would bet a lot of $$$$ that the decisions made to change gear were helped along by a sponsorship and marketing deal. More $ involved for the coach and the program. Safety would be fairly down on the list of factors if you ask me.

I don't note this to disparage any brand, but to the colleges that NOCSAE sticker is enough. Even if Cascade has the best helmet in the market, the Nike sponsored schools are going to wear the Stallion and the other SXT garb where Nike does not make an item. Warrior schools will wear the Warrior helmet. UA schools will wear a UA white label helmet. Apparel company money is much greater than university salaries in some instances. Recruiting wise the 14 year olds's motherboards light up for all the swag too, often over the academics a college offers. Are there really parents out there who think it is awesome a kid will get 45 Champion t-shirts from High Point or 23 versions UA China made t-shirts with the swinging cat throwing up logo...err, I mean the Maryland state flag...on it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

Rutgers 4-0, Hofstra 3-0 with 2 very good wins. Stonybrook looks good as well. Hopefully this will be a great year for local lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

They haven't played anyone. Fairfield, Wagner and St Johns are horrible. Talk to us when the Big 10 schedule starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers? seriously? Have they ever made the tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers? seriously? Have they ever made the tournament?

Stony Brook will roll them next week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

They haven't played anyone. Fairfield, Wagner and St Johns are horrible. Talk to us when the Big 10 schedule starts.

Fair point but they did beat Army who lost to Cuse by 1. I am curious to see what they do once the Big 10 games start.

Fairfield is alarmingly bad this season. Wagner seems to be somewhat improved but still at the lower end of D1 and god only knows what the heck is wrong with St. Johns. I cant understand how theyre not better given their location.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

Fair point but they did beat Army who lost to Cuse by 1. I am curious to see what they do once the Big 10 games start.

Fairfield is alarmingly bad this season. Wagner seems to be somewhat improved but still at the lower end of D1 and god only knows what the heck is wrong with St. Johns. I cant understand how theyre not better given their location.

St Johns might be looking for a new coach soon. They were in the SB game for a while. Then got their doors blown off in the second half. So much for halftime adjustments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson beat Loyola 4-0 Nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make that another loss for St Johns (0-4). And they have Yale, Syracuse, Hofstra, Marquette, Denver and Villanova coming up. Ut oh. Could Siena or Providence be there only win of the season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

What is up with Georgetown lacrosse? Losing to Mt St Marys. Really?!?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Josh Byrne of Hofstra reminds me a lot of Mark Matthews of Denver. Seth Tierney should send Santa a heart felt Thank You note to the North Pole for his season changing gift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

Fairfield Head Coach has clearly lost that team... Anyone know what's happening with that guy? 8 years in CAA with no title and an implosion in the making at the moment. A number of high profile freshman recruits transferred out after last year. Something is not right there. He should be able to win with the talent available to him within 100 miles. What's the deal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson 4-0 Woo Hoo. Dropped Loyola yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Manhattan and Marist? Local power houses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Towson 4-0 Woo Hoo. Dropped Loyola yesterday.

They are off to a great start... I thought they would be a competitive team this year but they look real good. The Massapequa kid is doing well on their man up unit. Won CAA Rookie of the week last week. On different note another LI player (Long Beach) won CAA Rookie of the week this week from Drexel Congrats to both!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M
Rutgers 4-0 baby.

What is up with Georgetown lacrosse? Losing to Mt St Marys. Really?!?!?

Talent is being spread everywhere now. Look at LI high schools perennial baseball towns are now competing with the power lax towns. And it's happening all over the country. It's a good thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yet another game won by 5'9" players. Donahue, Evans the real deal!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carolina at Manhattan 3/14 in the Bronx. Will UNC score 20? Will Manhattan score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok little Marco...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played well. UVA's FOGO was physically outmatched today. For a program that is so [lacrosse] bent on recruiting "athletes" UVA has completely whiffed on recruiting a FOGO for many years. Who was the last guy they had who was decent at the X, Ince in 2011?

UVA has become a joke...haven't won an ACC game in 4 years. Today was a swell moral victory. DS era can't end soon enough down there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carolina at Manhattan 3/14 in the Bronx. Will UNC score 20? Will Manhattan score?

Manhattan is going to win by 3 goals.

Page 5 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard