BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Duke vs Denver not on tv. Come on ESPN. Powers that be in lacrosse dropping the proverbial ball.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Look at pannel. Palasek, Sankey Wolfe , bitter. Kavanaugh, matheis, All 5 foot 9 at best.

LMAO. And Bitter, Palasek, and Pannell are all listed at 5-10 and up. Let's say they are lying. Does that mean the 5-9, 150 player from an upstate NY B school is really 5-8 and 140 pounds? Marquette has a 5-5 defensemen that is All Big East. Feel better now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who care about size are the ones with big kids. They think they have a golden ticket and they want it to be true that their kid who hits puberty in sixth grade is going all the way. I've seen small guys who are tougher than big guys, faster, and quicker. Most important, if you don't have the stick and the attitude doesn't matter how big you are or how much your dad wants it for you. W

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sankey is 5'5", 5'6" by some accounts. Can't think of a coach who wouldn't take him any day over some lumbering Frankenstein.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Guys the amazing thing about lacrosse it fits so many body types. Big small whatever you are if your skills are there and you have the heart and will to put the time in you can be successful at this game at many different levels. Everyone is giving these examples of smaller players doing well and they are right. The evolution of most sports is to bigger more athletic players. There are big men in basketball that handle the ball just as well as the old time best small ball handlers. Its the evolution of the athlete in general. The smaller player will not become obsolete either will the big boys. All these players are skilled and athletic like never before.

Did anyone just watch Hopkins vs Loyola? Great game!! Duke vs Denver on right now and it 5 to 4 Denver.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm enjoying seeing Hofstra spank UNC, after reading some degrading comments on here about that program. Also loved seeing Hopkins get payback for the game the should have lost last week!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will not be that way for long. As more athletes enter the system the bigger young men will prevail.

I think Lacrosse and the people that play it are changing. I believe in the next 10 years we will see bigger kids playing and being recruited. There will always be the exceptions but size is coming with more and more kids playing. Most teams would rather have a bigger fast guy than a smaller fast guy. Hopefully I am wrong as we need a sport for the 5 ft 10 and under white guy.

If your talking middie and defense, yes. All other positions are about skill level and size is not as important provided you are performing. That means scoring, goals, winning face offs, saving goals. Even the NFL and NBA will have shorter skilled players on the roster.

You think a face off guy can be smaller? Really?

Glad to see the cricket stopped chirping!

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Big win today for Hofstra. 10-5 over UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hopkins-Loyola game was awesome today. Packed house and a tight game going right down to the wire. Had a great time down there. Good day for the Patriot league. Loyola, Lehigh, Bucknell and Colgate all won. Army and Navy tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early recruiting helping them too??? And usually getting the top recruits acccording to TY lmao

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm enjoying seeing Hofstra spank UNC, after reading some degrading comments on here about that program. Also loved seeing Hopkins get payback for the game the should have lost last week!

Maybe there should be degrading comments about both of these programs. Breschi should be ashamed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will not be that way for long. As more athletes enter the system the bigger young men will prevail.

I think Lacrosse and the people that play it are changing. I believe in the next 10 years we will see bigger kids playing and being recruited. There will always be the exceptions but size is coming with more and more kids playing. Most teams would rather have a bigger fast guy than a smaller fast guy. Hopefully I am wrong as we need a sport for the 5 ft 10 and under white guy.

If your talking middie and defense, yes. All other positions are about skill level and size is not as important provided you are performing. That means scoring, goals, winning face offs, saving goals. Even the NFL and NBA will have shorter skilled players on the roster.

You think a face off guy can be smaller? Really?

Glad to see the cricket stopped chirping!

Yes, the sport is getting smaller. You've got it, these FOGOs are petite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe there should be degrading comments about both of these programs. Breschi should be ashamed.

The realities of early recruiting, 20 yo freshman, and the growth in the number of kids playing HS lax are starting to bare fruit... Just not in the way UNC and Hop thought it would work out!!! It is only the beginning... What Loyola did a few years ago was just the start of things to come. In the next few years we may see another team from the Patriot, CAA or NEC win it all. The age of parity is here to stay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The realities of early recruiting, 20 yo freshman, and the growth in the number of kids playing HS lax are starting to bare fruit... Just not in the way UNC and Hop thought it would work out!!! It is only the beginning... What Loyola did a few years ago was just the start of things to come. In the next few years we may see another team from the Patriot, CAA or NEC win it all. The age of parity is here to stay.

Looks like Hofstra got a huge gift from above by way of Canada and Nassau Community College.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Hofstra got a huge gift from above by way of Canada and Nassau Community College.

Kid had a couple of goals, but the 5 goal scorer was a home grown LI product... Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid had a couple of goals, but the 5 goal scorer was a home grown LI product... Nice try though.

A couple is 4 goals and 2 assists? Public school education at it's best LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook mens off to a great start. Was at the game today, they have some ringers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse game on watch espn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Starsia getting spanked, keep recruiting those #1 earlies, lol! Someone will be fired soon!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#10 Virginia upset by 0-3 High Point 12-11. Gotta love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High Point with the upset win over Virginia in OT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another "elite" program loses to an unranked new program. UVA loses to HPU. I find it funny that these recruiters of 20 yo freshman and 8th graders are losing left and right to schools that waited and recruited later on.... My guess is there will be a number of Coaching changes come June. Parity is here to stay folks!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
virginia is a mess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another "elite" program loses to an unranked new program. UVA loses to HPU. I find it funny that these recruiters of 20 yo freshman and 8th graders are losing left and right to schools that waited and recruited later on.... My guess is there will be a number of Coaching changes come June. Parity is here to stay folks!!!

High Point is a new program and they have given a lot of the bigger programs fits, they also schedule very aggressively out of conference. I think early recruiting isnt necessarily Virginias problem, I think its more of a coaching problem. The road doesnt get any easier for them and itll be interesting to see what happens as the season goes on.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
In my opinion the early losses by some of these high profile teams is just the tip of the iceberg. There is more parody in the sport than ever before. Too many programs taking kids on the word of a travel team coach before the kid has matured. What dont these guys get(college coaches) its the job of these travel team guys to get kids committed early and as many from their program as possible. The coaches are hedging their bets on these early recruits hoping some are as good as the travel coaches say they are. For the most part the early studs will be good players later on, but I have seen it all too often kids getting the early recognition because they were early to mature and were dominating at an early age get all of the accolades. As time passed many of the unheralded kids now were passing the so called best players. It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen a large percentage of the time. There are many factors to consider like growth, speed, athletic ability, game iq, drive etc. Two thing s I have always heard you cant teach size and speed. with all this training you can only enhance them. You will only be as tall as your meant to be and as fast as your meant to be. Drive determination heart are the uncontrollable factors coaches can not measure with a stopwatch or a tape measure. This is good for the sport and will help it grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UVA lost again?!??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the issue with Manhattan College? Why Doesn't Fordham University have lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the issue with Manhattan College? Why Doesn't Fordham University have lacrosse?

Something called Title XV that says schools must offer same amount of opportunity to men and women college athletes. IMO it is BS. It should be equal amount of teams, not based on headcount. If you offer 10 women's teams, offer 10 men's sports. Fordham offers FCS football so that is 65 male slots. Now you have to offer women same so you wind up with more sports for women because now you have to have 2-3 teams/sports to match that 65. This is the issue why many schools that offer football don't offer men's lacrosse. If they are a FBS football program they have to match 85 male slots.

As far as Manhattan, school admin didn't support lax too much in the past, but hired young, hungry staff and offered more scholarship funding so hopefully things will change in near future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhattan doesn't seem to get the LI kids you would think they have to recruit to make the team successful...then they REALLY over scheduled themselves and have been abused buy Carolina and others...more harm than good. Fired the coach like 2 or 3 times in the last few years. A mess!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Manhattan has been historically bad, but they do have a new coach and it looks like he is aggressively recruiting. I have heard the facilities arent so great, but I have heard they have a very good engineering program. Campus is in a weird spot and I can only speculate but I would imagine a lot of Long Island kids dont want to be that close to home.

I have always wondered why Fordham doesnt have D1 lax, would be a perfet fit for them. They do have decent basketball and football and they have great facilities and I would think with their academic reputation they would be able to recruit reasonably well. I think they would be a perfect fit for the Patriot or America East conference. Again the title 9 thing is probably the principal reason they dont have it, although they do have a club program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good games today
Stony Brook 1pm
Hofstra 3pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yale beats Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it!! Another program that recruits early. Working for them too??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Villanova killed penny state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra beats Princeton in OT. 11-10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 goal scorer today was the Canuck - 9,2 in 2 games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love it!! Another program that recruits early. Working for them too??

Actually the best performer was the fogo, who was recruited early. So, not sure you are making a point here, they were simply out played!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See you are like a liberal. You are trying to find ways to discredit. Big deal fogo guy was early commit and did well. But as a whole Maryland loses to Yale. When Maryland gets all these top kids supposedly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is the ACC schools and Hopkins are the biggest proponents of early verbal commits. I hope they lose most of their games to teach them a lesson. Won't happen, but wishful thinking. Oh and nepotism alive and well at Binghamton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Villanova killed penny state

8 goals from Long Islands Villanova Jr Jake Frocarro. Princeton transfer.

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard