BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do any of you people who continue to bash one collegiate program or another understand how difficult it is play a sport at any level in college ? I highly doubt it. In fact I would bet that none of you are parents of student athletes. If you are I would urge you to pick up the phone call your daughter and ask. listen to your athlete carefully and then decide if you still feel compelled to bash other young women like your daughter whom are very passionate about something they love. Whether at D1,2 or 3, Jr college or club these young women should be youlebrated and congratulated.

Most of you do not have any idea how difficult it is in this environment to be a NCAA Athlete on any level. D-1 and D-2 programs will own your daughter once she steps on campus. The recruiting process they will tell you we only practice a couple of hours a couple of days a week in the Fall and ramp it up once they come back to school after Xmas break. Here is the reality......Your daughter will start her days Monday- Saturday at 5:30 am for alternating workouts / training for 2 hours then she will have 20 min to run to class. Go straight from two classes to a 1.5 hour team practice. then run to her dorm to shower , grab a bite to eat then off to a 2 hour study hall or team meeting. Now that goes on for the entire Fall semester. So six days a week with every day going something like this.... Wake up, train, class, class, eat, practice, shower, eat , study hall, homework, sleep. Make sure your daughter can handle that schedule before you push her into something many of you could not handle.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

User
User
Do any of you people who continue to bash one collegiate program or another understand how difficult it is play a sport at any level in college ? I highly doubt it. In fact I would bet that none of you are parents of student athletes. If you are I would urge you to pick up the phone call your daughter and ask. listen to your athlete carefully and then decide if you still feel compelled to bash other young women like your daughter whom are very passionate about something they love. Whether at D1,2 or 3, Jr college or club these young women should be youlebrated and congratulated.

Most of you do not have any idea how difficult it is in this environment to be a NCAA Athlete on any level. D-1 and D-2 programs will own your daughter once she steps on campus. The recruiting process they will tell you we only practice a couple of hours a couple of days a week in the Fall and ramp it up once they come back to school after Xmas break. Here is the reality......Your daughter will start her days Monday- Saturday at 5:30 am for alternating workouts / training for 2 hours then she will have 20 min to run to class. Go straight from two classes to a 1.5 hour team practice. then run to her dorm to shower , grab a bite to eat then off to a 2 hour study hall or team meeting. Now that goes on for the entire Fall semester. So six days a week with every day going something like this.... Wake up, train, class, class, eat, practice, shower, eat , study hall, homework, sleep. Make sure your daughter can handle that schedule before you push her into something many of you could not handle.

Accurate and very true.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big programs have their girls for 5-6 hours per day 6 days a week and then they have to still stay eligible academically. Even though only a handful of teams have a chance at the national championship all the programs train like they do so just because you are going to a mid ranked team, don't think the commitment falls off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds brutal, don't know how 3000+ girls do it in D1 alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, will leave no time for lying around dorm room getting high and drinking beer....too bad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds brutal, don't know how 3000+ girls do it in D1 alone

Women probably handle it better than the boys...certainly more mature at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but you cant have it both ways when SS took over Hofstra the TG faithful were saying she would have them competing for a national title in 4-5 years, TG would be the top program on LI etc.. Seems like its going the opposite way. Difficult for her to attract the top talent from out of state and say what you want but YJ players just do not want to go there, she has an impossible road ahead.With the depleted talent pool of TG exactly where is she going to get her players from. I think SS could be an excellent coach but if you want to be a successful LI D1 program doing it without YJ is not easy. Remember the days when people were comparing Stony Brook with Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Women probably handle it better than the boys...certainly more mature at this age.

You never hear the equivalent of "lax bro" for girls, do you?!

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by The Hop

Accurate and very true.

I'll add my two cents. D1/2 also leaves no time for other activities that the student may want to get involved in. This includes studying abroad. It is a huge commitment. Just over 50% of D1/2 students play four years of lacrosse. I'm following a 2013 club class and each year there are less students playing. Forget about students who are trying for difficult degrees.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by The Hop

Accurate and very true.

I'll add my two cents. D1/2 also leaves no time for other activities that the student may want to get involved in. This includes studying abroad. It is a huge commitment. Just over 50% of D1/2 students play four years of lacrosse. I'm following a 2013 club class and each year there are less students playing. Forget about students who are trying for difficult degrees.

In my kids school she was told what she could major in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are you all saying these coaches blatantly lie. My kid is going thru the recruiting process now and every coach has said they can do a study abroad program (may have to be over the summer). They also say that they can major in anything they want pointing out kids who are premed, engineering etc on their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So are you all saying these coaches blatantly lie. My kid is going thru the recruiting process now and every coach has said they can do a study abroad program (may have to be over the summer). They also say that they can major in anything they want pointing out kids who are premed, engineering etc on their teams.

Summer abroad is possible and done. Tough majors are possible, despite what all these naysayers say. It is very difficult tho. So very few can handle it. PreMed typically has to take summer classes to get labs done. But on the strong lax programs w strong academics (NU, ND, STAN etc) there are current examples you can look to to say it can be done. At both NU and ND there are top starters that are premed and engineering. Stanford has a few but none are important players on the team currently. I'm sure as you comb through other rosters you will find a few. It is certainly the minority, but if your daughter is disciplined and academically gifted, it is possible and would be a great accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Summer abroad is possible and done. Tough majors are possible, despite what all these naysayers say. It is very difficult tho. So very few can handle it. PreMed typically has to take summer classes to get labs done. But on the strong lax programs w strong academics (NU, ND, STAN etc) there are current examples you can look to to say it can be done. At both NU and ND there are top starters that are premed and engineering. Stanford has a few but none are important players on the team currently. I'm sure as you comb through other rosters you will find a few. It is certainly the minority, but if your daughter is disciplined and academically gifted, it is possible and would be a great accomplishment.

For the lax studs or top academic girls any major is possible but coaches would rather not have to deal with difficult majors. Very few coaches will accept mid roster players to miss practices and travel so they can intern or go to a hospital as part of their major. Don't let a coach talk you into a major keep looking because you can find the right school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but you cant have it both ways when SS took over Hofstra the TG faithful were saying she would have them competing for a national title in 4-5 years, TG would be the top program on LI etc.. Seems like its going the opposite way. Difficult for her to attract the top talent from out of state and say what you want but YJ players just do not want to go there, she has an impossible road ahead.With the depleted talent pool of TG exactly where is she going to get her players from. I think SS could be an excellent coach but if you want to be a successful LI D1 program doing it without YJ is not easy. Remember the days when people were comparing Stony Brook with Hofstra.

Between her and her father they are alienating people all over the Long Island Lax community. I think its the father more that SS. He is constantly bad mouthing other coaches at other organizations, HS's and other people who are solid people in third community. Heck he even bumped a club directors daughter because a bunch of girls from their town left TG and the
Director wouldn't talk to the families for BS. Telling TG girls and their families not to trust so and so. He should keep his mouth shut because I'm his own words "he's to stupid to remember who he lied to", and he also is too stupid to remember whom he talked smack about. He has already bad mouthed a Hofstra Alum who has donated a lot of time and money to help build "The Mack". That person has already taken up the issue with the school admim. BS no longer allowed at Pride Club events. Not a good situation.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Some will let a student to take summer courses abroad. What I'm referring to is a semester abroad--which is very different than summer classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poll # 2 ... and I don't care if you don't care.

1. MD
2. Florida
3. Notre Dame
4. UNC
5. Syracuse
6. Penn State
7. Princeton
8. Stanford
9. Southern Cal
10. Hopkins
11. UVA
12. Northwestern
13. Boston College
14. Duke
15. Stony Brook
16. Penn
17. Louisville
18. UConn
19. Towson
20. Loyola

Louisville at 4 - 0 will have a chance to prove themselves very soon. Next for games: Boston College, Notre Dame, Northwestern and Duke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these are just a few of the endless examples of how bad the sportsmanship, behavior, and level of class (hint-- really low class) the whole lax Mom / Dad community is. the arrogance and selfishness these parents & coaches display is a disgrace..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just took a quick look at the Hofstra roster. 32 players were in the team picture and 30 are listed on the roster. Only 2 quit, which is typical of any college team. Every sport has players quit every year. Not newsworthy.
Also, I looked at the makeup of their roster. 4 seniors, 4 juniors, 11 sophomores and 11 freshmen. There have been occasions this season when HU had 8 or 9 freshmen/sophomores and the field. Incredible. Considering how tough it is to win games, if the Pride finish the season at .500 I think most would consider the season a success. Then, wait for next year. All of that experience plus a solid incoming freshman class bodes well for the future for HU wlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just took a quick look at the Hofstra roster. 32 players were in the team picture and 30 are listed on the roster. Only 2 quit, which is typical of any college team. Every sport has players quit every year. Not newsworthy.
Also, I looked at the makeup of their roster. 4 seniors, 4 juniors, 11 sophomores and 11 freshmen. There have been occasions this season when HU had 8 or 9 freshmen/sophomores and the field. Incredible. Considering how tough it is to win games, if the Pride finish the season at .500 I think most would consider the season a success. Then, wait for next year. All of that experience plus a solid incoming freshman class bodes well for the future for HU wlax.

says you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

I'm not a TG parent, nor do I live in NY. Just did a little research to attempt to counter the ridiculous SS/Hofstra bashing that the YJ lemmings put out. Finding facts to rebut them is like taking candy from a baby. Too easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

I'm not a TG parent, nor do I live in NY. Just did a little research to attempt to counter the ridiculous SS/Hofstra bashing that the YJ lemmings put out. Finding facts to rebut them is like taking candy from a baby. Too easy.

Likely story, if your not a TG parent, your crazy. But your a TG parent, and your town probably starts with West (Islip or Babylon). Talk about Lemmings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

Likely story, if your not a TG parent, your crazy. But your a TG parent, and your town probably starts with West (Islip or Babylon). Talk about Lemmings.

Well, for starters, I'll give you credit for using 'your' correctly exactly once in your post.
Next, I do live in NY and my kid doesn't play for TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can not believe this site. I was with friends last night when there daughter sent a text about a player from Oregon purposely hitting a girl in the head 3 times, he writes a post along with the link that the opposing coach posted to warn others about this woman and these "moderators" don't publish the post instead continue to post drivel about a club team on a supposed Woman's college board. This site should be ashamed for not posting real news that more reputable sites like Inside Lacrosse, and Lacrosse Magazine both followed along with allowing the name, number, hometown and high school of the offending player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

If you look closely you will see that most D1 rosters have less jr and sr players - if you haven't seen significant playing time by then why stay and go through the grind of being a student athlete when there are so many other aspects of college life to enjoy.

PS - the next ranked team Hofstra beats will be the first

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks Top Guns parent.

If you look closely you will see that most D1 rosters have less jr and sr players - if you haven't seen significant playing time by then why stay and go through the grind of being a student athlete when there are so many other aspects of college life to enjoy.

Only just over 50% of lacrosse student/athletes play four years.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Is Notre Dame for real? They look very balanced offensively and defensively. Nice freshman contributions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having SG in goal big boost for team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

Did Hofstra win ? I dont see any updates?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Top Guns parent.

Did Hofstra win ? I dont see any updates?

Lost to Fairfield

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can not believe this site. I was with friends last night when there daughter sent a text about a player from Oregon purposely hitting a girl in the head 3 times, he writes a post along with the link that the opposing coach posted to warn others about this woman and these "moderators" don't publish the post instead continue to post drivel about a club team on a supposed Woman's college board. This site should be ashamed for not posting real news that more reputable sites like Inside Lacrosse, and Lacrosse Magazine both followed along with allowing the name, number, hometown and high school of the offending player.

That video showed some very dirty and dangerous play by that young woman. I would be interested if someone got hurt if that would result in charges being brought. Hits to the head with a stick! Ouch! She is lucky that the players she hit are ok.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think a 1 game suspension for such dirty play is a travesty. The N.C.A.A. should be embarrassed for allowing the team and the conference to meed out such a meager penalty for such blatant disregard for another players safety. It's akin to allowing a child to give their own punishment for stealing cookies from the cookie jar. I.M.H.O. it was an assault, and if the same thing happened on the street that woman would be charged, so I ask, why is it differey that it happened on a sports field

That video showed some very dirty and dangerous play by that young woman. I would be interested if someone got hurt if that would result in charges being brought. Hits to the head with a stick! Ouch! She is lucky that the players she hit are ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MKVELE
I think a 1 game suspension for such dirty play is a travesty. The N.C.A.A. should be embarrassed for allowing the team and the conference to meed out such a meager penalty for such blatant disregard for another players safety. It's akin to allowing a child to give their own punishment for stealing cookies from the cookie jar. I.M.H.O. it was an assault, and if the same thing happened on the street that woman would be charged, so I ask, why is it differey that it happened on a sports field

A one game suspension is disgraceful. The girl is a senior on that team. That should have been her last game for that school. Girl wasn't even involved with the play when she did it 3 times. What the [lacrosse] were the refs looking at?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

One game is surely not enough. Amazing thing is no one sees this? I can't believe this was a "solo event"; she was having a bad day? Looks like a classless, dirty player.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Having SG in goal big boost for team.

Agree. Giacolone has given Irish something they have lacked. But I also like he balance up front and fresher Ortega is a big boost too. It's a long season but I like what I see right now.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by baldbear

One game is surely not enough. Amazing thing is no one sees this? I can't believe this was a "solo event"; she was having a bad day? Looks like a classless, dirty player.

She is a junior, FWIW. But I am wholeheartedly jumping on the "one game suspension is not enough" train. What that girl did was far, far outside the boundaries of decency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is the place to be....you still have a social life, a true study abroad opportunity, likely will play all 4 years in college instead of quitting like in D1&2, work very hard at both practice and academically (just not 6 hrs a day).

So much crap spewed by HS and club coaches. Daughter in her third year at D3 school. Started in 1/2 of games as a freshman, will now playing all the time as a jr.

HaHa to all the suckers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is the place to be....you still have a social life, a true study abroad opportunity, likely will play all 4 years in college instead of quitting like in D1&2, work very hard at both practice and academically (just not 6 hrs a day).

So much crap spewed by HS and club coaches. Daughter in her third year at D3 school. Started in 1/2 of games as a freshman, will now playing all the time as a jr.

HaHa to all the suckers.
Obviously you have a chip on your shoulder about her not playing D1. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to post this on this site which is pathetic with the tone. Let each family decide what is best for their daughter, not black and white that D3 is better than D3, or vice versa. Also, you are just talking about the lacrosse and mention nothing about the quality of the academics. Makes you look bitter and small.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

HaHa to all the suckers.
Obviously you have a chip on your shoulder about her not playing D1. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to post this on this site which is pathetic with the tone. Let each family decide what is best for their daughter, not black and white that D3 is better than D3, or vice versa. Also, you are just talking about the lacrosse and mention nothing about the quality of the academics. Makes you look bitter and small.

Both posts make valid points. It really does come down to a family decision and the student's decision. I have seen so many mismatched students because a school offers some money but the school is all wrong for the student.

There is almost a 50% burnout rate for D1/D2 students. It is a huge commitment.

D3 may be a fit for many students. No athletic money at all but the schools will help with financial packages based on need. Schools that are competitive in lacrosse at the D3 level (NESCAC schools such as Amherst, Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, Hamilton and non-NESCAC schools such as Washington & Lee, Franklin & Marshall, Gettysburg) are very difficult to get admitted. You are looking at Ivy type requirements (some of the schools I mentioned are 'Little Ivies") so your child needs to have high academics. They are also very expensive.

I don't think the reply poster has a chip on his shoulder but surely D1/D2 students are not suckers. Sit down wth your child sooner than later and talk about what they want from college overall. If they want to do a true semester abroad or are trying for a difficult degree (Yes, I know there are some who are pre-med and D1. Rare) and want to play lacrosse (or any sport) maybe D3 is the way. Some students don't want to live a way from home so a local school may be an option.

There is no right or wrong, outside of giving the student the best chance of succeeding now and into the future.

Page 4 of 75 1 2 3 4 5 6 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard