BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,212
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 111 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One of the Chaminade greats Sean Cerrone scored only 7 goals as a junior as he was playing with the likes of an extremely talented senior class. This years seniors played in the shadow of an explosive offensive unit last year. Saying he isnt a big scorer may have been true last year as he played behind a senior led offense, but this year I bet the juniors that got minutes last year will be HUGE.

Agreed well said

How is the great player doing in college?

Better than you are in life, I would bet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the Chaminade greats Sean Cerrone scored only 7 goals as a junior as he was playing with the likes of an extremely talented senior class. This years seniors played in the shadow of an explosive offensive unit last year. Saying he isnt a big scorer may have been true last year as he played behind a senior led offense, but this year I bet the juniors that got minutes last year will be HUGE.

I have to ask the administrators of BofTC once again why individual players/kids names are ok to use?..I thought there was some sort of 'rule" against using individual kids names--for good or bad postings?...maybe some clarification is in order?
Agreed well said

I don't know him personally, but he seems to be doing well enough. I believe he started most games last year as a freshman.

Screwed up my response:

I don't know him personally, but he seems to be doing well enough. I believe he started most games last year as a freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the Chaminade greats Sean Cerrone scored only 7 goals as a junior as he was playing with the likes of an extremely talented senior class. This years seniors played in the shadow of an explosive offensive unit last year. Saying he isn't a big scorer may have been true last year as he played behind a senior led offense, but this year I bet the juniors that got minutes last year will be HUGE.

Agreed well said

Not sure if you are comparing last year's jr mids to Cerrone but if you are that wouldn't make much sense. Cerrone was a Newsday All-Long Island player. An Under Armour all American. Again, those guys are good but they don't compare.

Also, I wouldn't call last year's offense explosive but for one game (the championship game). You must have missed the Manhasset game or the Ward Melville game. Not really explosive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
One of the Chaminade greats Sean Cerrone scored only 7 goals as a junior as he was playing with the likes of an extremely talented senior class. This years seniors played in the shadow of an explosive offensive unit last year. Saying he isn't a big scorer may have been true last year as he played behind a senior led offense, but this year I bet the juniors that got minutes last year will be HUGE.

Agreed well said

Better than you are in life, I would bet.

That was rough! Was really just wondering if the success in HS translated to college, seems as it has. Oh, and my life going just fine, thanks for asking!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moderator, please remove current player's names from ALL RECENT POSTS.

Was under the impression that once a kid had graduated HS and is an adult playing in college, they can be named and discussed, is this correct?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They are. The only players names are those that have graduated. Cant you read that I have in every post that mentions a current player.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Let me say this.. There are moderators that would allow mention of a child. Most of us do not. There is no rule, we are just ruled by our sense of right and wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you moderators for being on top of the naming kids issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thought they mentioned a kid----in the earlier post...maybe I misunderstood if that was current player at Chaminade...

Last edited by America's Game; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't get it....that's from ONE town!!! Chammy from all over island now which is more impressive?

Chaminade but haapy for pequia!

Chaminade is a club team playing PAL teams and they want to beat their chests. It's hysterical!! West Islip, Massapequa, Greenwich, Ward Melville, Manhasset, Yorktown. Those parents have to buy houses in those towns vs deciding when their child is entering 9th grade to pay the Chaminade tuition. Chaminade should be 6-0 against those teams, right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

They are. The only players names are those that have graduated. Cant you read that I have in every post that mentions a current player.

With all due respect, you still have mentioned DELETED in posts on this page.. You may have changed the original post with his name, but the quick quotes that came before you changed the original still show his name in them.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is a club team playing PAL teams and they want to beat their chests. It's hysterical!! West Islip, Massapequa, Greenwich, Ward Melville, Manhasset, Yorktown. Those parents have to buy houses in those towns vs deciding when their child is entering 9th grade to pay the Chaminade tuition. Chaminade should be 6-0 against those teams, right? [/quote]

The logic behind this uninformed missive is borderline unintelligible.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I removed player name that I missed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to harp on this but the kid's name still appears 7 times on page 70 in quotes of the original post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is a club team playing PAL teams and they want to beat their chests. It's hysterical!! West Islip, Massapequa, Greenwich, Ward Melville, Manhasset, Yorktown. Those parents have to buy houses in those towns vs deciding when their child is entering 9th grade to pay the Chaminade tuition. Chaminade should be 6-0 against those teams, right?

[/quote]
Put away your dictionary, we aren't impressed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hate to harp on this but the kid's name still appears 7 times on page 70 in quotes of the original post.

If the player is a college player he is no longer a youth player. He is an adult!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The player is in college!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never bother to even attempt to impress someone who writes something as ignorant as that. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The player is in college!!!!

Who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never bother to even attempt to impress someone who writes something as ignorant as that. Wow.

Ignorant? Your picture is in the dictionary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Let me guess: he doesn't know the meaning of the words "uninformed" and "unintelligible." How ironic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess: he doesn't know the meaning of the words "uninformed" and "unintelligible." How ironic.[/quote]

Not shocking the dim-witted have trouble understanding. But keep trying, mom will be proud one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't get it....that's from ONE town!!! Chammy from all over island now which is more impressive?

I don't care what word you use, this "beat their chest" post is idiotic. DISCLOSURE: I do not have a dog in this hunt - my son plays for West Islip. First, I know several Chaminade coaches, players and parents. I rarely (i.e. never) see any "chest-beating". Second, this logic is the same old, tired bashing of Chaminade lacrosse: "you pull from all over Long Island therefore you should dominate all the publics..." To those who buy into this, do you really believe every kid enrolling at Chaminade is a stud lax player? Seriously? 70% of the kids going there head straight to the chess club or the AV club - and that's fine. The pool of lacrosse talent there is strong, yes, but no stronger than a huge school like Ward Melville. WM has a massive amount of young talented athletes who come up the Three Village system and play together for 7-8 years by the time they are on Varsity. Same for many of the other large publics. Schools like WM, WI, Pequa, GC, etc. breed a ton of lax studs who play together forever and then opt to stay public and hang out with chicks. Can you blame them? For every stud athlete at Chammy there are 10 dorks mixing it up in the Science club. Again, that's cool...whatever they're into. Lastly, the quality of coaching cannot be overlooked. I think JM and Pomponio are two of the best coaches on Long Island. They have been turning good players into great players for over 30 years. So please, enough with the crying over Chaminade lacrosse and their supposed "unfair" advantage. It's pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't care what word you use, this "beat their chest" post is idiotic. DISCLOSURE: I do not have a dog in this hunt - my son plays for West Islip. First, I know several Chaminade coaches, players and parents. I rarely (i.e. never) see any "chest-beating". Second, this logic is the same old, tired bashing of Chaminade lacrosse: "you pull from all over Long Island therefore you should dominate all the publics..." To those who buy into this, do you really believe every kid enrolling at Chaminade is a stud lax player? Seriously? 70% of the kids going there head straight to the chess club or the AV club - and that's fine. The pool of lacrosse talent there is strong, yes, but no stronger than a huge school like Ward Melville. WM has a massive amount of young talented athletes who come up the Three Village system and play together for 7-8 years by the time they are on Varsity. Same for many of the other large publics. Schools like WM, WI, Pequa, GC, etc. breed a ton of lax studs who play together forever and then opt to stay public and hang out with chicks. Can you blame them? For every stud athlete at Chammy there are 10 dorks mixing it up in the Science club. Again, that's cool...whatever they're into. Lastly, the quality of coaching cannot be overlooked. I think JM and Pomponio are two of the best coaches on Long Island. They have been turning good players into great players for over 30 years. So please, enough with the crying over Chaminade lacrosse and their supposed "unfair" advantage. It's pathetic.

Kids do go there from all over for the reason to play lacrosse. Why? Who knows, unless they have a weak local program. Their science clubs don't win anything, so I don't know why a kid would flock there for that when publics like WM are blowing up the science fairs?? And they have girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I am convinced this was in fact written by a Cham dad, this might be the most accurate and truthful post I have ever seen on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids do go there from all over for the reason to play lacrosse. Why? Who knows, unless they have a weak local program. Their science clubs don't win anything, so I don't know why a kid would flock there for that when publics like WM are blowing up the science fairs?? And they have girls!

Pervert. Just kidding. I agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"so I don't know why a kid would flock there for that when publics like WM are blowing up the science fairs?? And they have girls! "

how about because maybe the boys and their parents want a top-flight education that is rooted in religious doctrine?...not getting too deep here but possibly that is why kids who aren't lax studs go there?...and also why kids who ARE lax players too?...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's right and the competition is fierce, little Joe Smith over there from Saint Susan Tabernacle School in Wyandanche is a terror on the lax field, but he was really brought over because you should see him bang out those Hail Mary's, did a whole rosary in 3.72 minutes a new record!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pervert. Just kidding. I agree.

Its the parents that beat their chests. And you are going to compare 1700 all boys at Chaminade vs approximately 1000 boys at WI and 1200 at Pequa? Granted there are plenty of geeks that attend Chaminade. But you are not going there to play lacrosse as a mediocre player. You will be cut, immediately. No one goes to Chaminade to just be on the team, like many public schools. The pool of "lacrosse" players at Chaminade dwarfs that of 99% of the public schools. Add to the fact that the Express is a feeder system and a HC that has been there for 100 years and yes, they should win every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the highly touted and talented 2018 class at Chaminade, does that means the 2019's only get one year at Varsity. Did that have any impact on the 2019 class?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about. Standout lacrosse players at Chaminade represent a tiny fraction of those 1700 boys. Overall, the talent pool is strong (nobody argues that) but does not "dwarf" large publics in lacrosse-centric towns like WM, WI, Smithtown (both) where tons of kids have lacrosse sticks in their hands from the time they are in diapers. Many of these kids grow up together, play together and go to public HS together. You cannot quantify the benefit of this. Ultimately, lacrosse at this level comes down to great coaching and 4-5 standout kids who can make or break a team’s success. For example, how can Boys Latin in Baltimore - with 300 boys in the entire high school - perennially be one of the top teams in the country? By your logic, this could never happen. Can you explain this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But you have to be Catholic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the they can get kids from anywhere is somewhat diluted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about. Standout lacrosse players at Chaminade represent a tiny fraction of those 1700 boys. Overall, the talent pool is strong (nobody argues that) but does not "dwarf" large publics in lacrosse-centric towns like WM, WI, Smithtown (both) where tons of kids have lacrosse sticks in their hands from the time they are in diapers. Many of these kids grow up together, play together and go to public HS together. You cannot quantify the benefit of this. Ultimately, lacrosse at this level comes down to great coaching and 4-5 standout kids who can make or break a team’s success. For example, how can Boys Latin in Baltimore - with 300 boys in the entire high school - perennially be one of the top teams in the country? By your logic, this could never happen. Can you explain this?

Very easily. I'll go slow for you. Like Chaminade, it is a private school. Top lacrosse players attend because of their reputation, coaching, and ability to get D-1 looks. Enrollment only matters at the public schools. Sure you will have periods of time when a group of kids come up together and dominate. But not every year. Syosset was down, now up, Massapequa down, then up and probably taking a step down again after their State Championship. Also, the youth program and coaching is essential to the town teams. Some say the youth coaches and directors at WI 10 years ago were crucial to their five state championships . Chaminade (and Boys Latin) for that matter will NEVER have a down period. They don't rely on elementary school enrollment nor the quality of youth coaching. Only the best lacrosse players go to Chaminade. The pool of talent is greater than any public school. Unless you can tell me Syosset, Massapequa, Northport, Connetquot, or SWR can form a JV A and B in which the B team of younger players can beat the A. Stop with the nonsense. Chaminade should never lose and always be in the top 15 nationally. Like the Haverford School, the number 1 team in the country last year, with an enrollment of 438. The best lacrosse players in the area attend, as opposed to praying that a bunch of kids who grew up together and are exceptional (like Farmingdale of the early 2000'), show up for public high school practice in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Honestly, you have no idea what you're talking about. Standout lacrosse players at Chaminade represent a tiny fraction of those 1700 boys. Overall, the talent pool is strong (nobody argues that) but does not "dwarf" large publics in lacrosse-centric towns like WM, WI, Smithtown (both) where tons of kids have lacrosse sticks in their hands from the time they are in diapers. Many of these kids grow up together, play together and go to public HS together. You cannot quantify the benefit of this. Ultimately, lacrosse at this level comes down to great coaching and 4-5 standout kids who can make or break a team’s success. For example, how can Boys Latin in Baltimore - with 300 boys in the entire high school - perennially be one of the top teams in the country? By your logic, this could never happen. Can you explain this?

Your logic is spot on. Don't waste your breath trying to explain it to these guys. They never learn because they are incapable of learning. Indeed, if you go back to prior BOTC posts relating to Chaminade say 4 months ago or a year ago, you will see the same drivel again and again. Because there are 1700 hundred boys attending the school, Chaminade should never lose. And if they do lose to a public school loaded with high level Division 1 recruits like a Ward Melville or Greenwich, Chaminade is mocked. Whatever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By year what Towns are effected by Flyers who flew the coup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO IF YOU PLAY LACROSSE and ENROLL AT CHAMINADE YOU ARE THE BEST OF THE PLAYERS IN THE AREAS? WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO CHAMINADE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO IF YOU PLAY LACROSSE and ENROLL AT CHAMINADE YOU ARE THE BEST OF THE PLAYERS IN THE AREAS? WHY? BECAUSE THEY ARE GOING TO CHAMINADE?

You had better be, because if you aren't, they cut you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with making cuts? Kids get cut in other sports like basketball and baseball all the time. Has been that way for decades. I guess everyone needs to get a trophy too. The wussification of America........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with making cuts? Kids get cut in other sports like basketball and baseball all the time. Has been that way for decades. I guess everyone needs to get a trophy too. The wussification of America........

I took his comment differently. But I see a different bad side. I see kids not trying and giving up before the cuts because they think they will get cut that is worse

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 111 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard