BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 31 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fca blue owns Looneys orange. Can't wait to see this game.

Think so, that might happen when you bring your 2019 team. Oh wait, that's right your 2020 team is very close to a 2019 team already. Bring a true 2020 team and it will never happen. You FCA people hiding behind Christianity is a total disgrace to any religious belief. I have sat near these parents last season, it is like sitting around a bunch of drunk hilljacks, the language is enough to make you want to just tell them to STFU. Plus yelling at the refs the entire game gets a little old. This organization needs to change its name or start acting like it's name, but not how you presently act, truly disgraceful.

That is far from the truth. The FCA 2020 team is not even close to a 2019 team. They do have 3 hold backs similar to the amount looneys, Hawks, and 91. A lot of lacrosse parents act like that on every team. Why do you even have so much built up anger at FCA?

No anger at all. Just observations and knowing how FCA operates. Some parents on all teams get a little worked up, but not the amount as FCA parents do. Why can't they just watch the game, cheer on their team and keep their mouths shut, at least the language. At lacrosse games, most of the time their are younger children in the stands, it's bad enough for an adult to hear it but children should not be hearing this type of language. I do question the number of holdbacks you state.

That's how they show their love for their sons and the game. I question your statement on the language

I can only tell you what I heard on several occasions. That said, I never heard the f word, thankful for that, but a lot of bullsh*t, h*ll, sh*t call, [lacrosse] ref, stuff along those lines. Like I said, there are children in the stands that don't need to be subjected to that. I was at a 2022 game last fall and saw two FCA fathers arguing, using less than desirable language, and they were arguing with each other. I believe one father accused the other fathers son for not playing good defense and letting the other team score. At that point I just moved.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think so, that might happen when you bring your 2019 team. Oh wait, that's right your 2020 team is very close to a 2019 team already. Bring a true 2020 team and it will never happen. You FCA people hiding behind Christianity is a total disgrace to any religious belief. I have sat near these parents last season, it is like sitting around a bunch of drunk hilljacks, the language is enough to make you want to just tell them to STFU. Plus yelling at the refs the entire game gets a little old. This organization needs to change its name or start acting like it's name, but not how you presently act, truly disgraceful.

That is far from the truth. The FCA 2020 team is not even close to a 2019 team. They do have 3 hold backs similar to the amount looneys, Hawks, and 91. A lot of lacrosse parents act like that on every team. Why do you even have so much built up anger at FCA?

FCA added 3 holdbacks to the group of holdbacks and pre-first they already have!

The three you're thinking of were playing up and are true 2020s. They have 3 hold backs on the team that's a fact and why do I need your approval if i know that's the truth. If I had the birthdays of FCA 2020 I would be more than willing to show you so you would stop all this nonsense

They were pre-firsts and holdbacks who were still playing with the kids they always played with in the old, age based rules. They weren't "playing down" They will be 15 in the next month or so if they aren't already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA added 3 holdbacks to the group of holdbacks and pre-first they already have!

The three you're thinking of were playing up and are true 2020s. They have 3 hold backs on the team that's a fact and why do I need your approval if i know that's the truth. If I had the birthdays of FCA 2020 I would be more than willing to show you so you would stop all this nonsense

prefirst is just as bad as holdbacks. just own it and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were pre-firsts and holdbacks who were still playing with the kids they always played with in the old, age based rules. They weren't "playing down" They will be 15 in the next month or so if they aren't already.

if they are turning 15 prior to September 1 this year they should be 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so although they are current 2020's... they are not true 2020 (prefirst holdbacks). I never get why not stay at your age and prove their salt? Oh, that's right you have a cop out. To each their own. My kid played started produced on HS varsity at 13. I was told i was stupid and crazy for allowing it. I am one of those. Still hate the hold back mentality.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't drag other teams into your battle - not all those teams mentioned have 3. Some summer birthdays maybe but not holding back for the sake of sports. Those teams are probably okay with posting their rosters for Hoco as it will show how good their teams really are - without an influx of older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No anger at all. Just observations and knowing how FCA operates. Some parents on all teams get a little worked up, but not the amount as FCA parents do. Why can't they just watch the game, cheer on their team and keep their mouths shut, at least the language. At lacrosse games, most of the time their are younger children in the stands, it's bad enough for an adult to hear it but children should not be hearing this type of language. I do question the number of holdbacks you state.

That's how they show their love for their sons and the game. I question your statement on the language

I can only tell you what I heard on several occasions. That said, I never heard the f word, thankful for that, but a lot of bullsh*t, h*ll, sh*t call, [lacrosse] ref, stuff along those lines. Like I said, there are children in the stands that don't need to be subjected to that. I was at a 2022 game last fall and saw two FCA fathers arguing, using less than desirable language, and they were arguing with each other. I believe one father accused the other fathers son for not playing good defense and letting the other team score. At that point I just moved.

Looneys parents and coaches are the ones we have found really disgraceful. FCA Blue or White we have not had any issues with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not correct. the 3 players who played on the 2019 team will not be 15 any time soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2017 Blue have the worst parents ever. They complain about everything and shriek all game long. Embarrassing people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not correct. the 3 players who played on the 2019 team will not be 15 any time soon.

Lefty and the goalie will be. In rec with them. Not sure about the calvert hall kid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lefty and the goalie will be. In rec with them. Not sure about the calvert hall kid.

Well this is the best way to "catch" or find out who is a holdback. Try to find where and when they played Rec. Rec is by age so it should not be hard to come up with a kids age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 discussion best left until after summer tournaments....
Very good point with this age bracket it is best to wait tell after summer. The summer team is the full real team 99% of the time.

HoCo spring season will definitely identify the best in DMV. HoCo has great fields and great refs. You can't say that about the vast majority of summer tournaments. Summer Tourneys also have tons of guest players. [b]You never know who will be in the line up one tournament to the next for a club - especially those clubs that have operations in other cities and can easily bring them in with the uniform already in place. [/b]

Just ask FCA this, it is a common occurrence with them. Bringing AA kids down to the "A" team for tournaments.

That's okay because you will get to play the Blue team this year since you whined so much to get into the bracket.

Is FCA BLUE going to play against all "A" level teams again this year in Koopers league, or will they finally challenge themselves? Shame you only compete in 1 league against top talent. It was a true show of character last year FCA BLUE playing the Koopers league against "A" teams and bringing down the 2019 goalie as well. True class there!

There was only one bracket for the 8 teams in the 2020 Koopers league last year so AA and A teams were mixed so your point is lost except that you are still bitter. Other AA teams participated in that same bracket including your own club. Take it up with Koopers who could not draw the teams in to separate A from AA.

There are going to be some real ugly games in the Koopers league this year. Looks like AA level to C level are all together. Any chance they'll break into divisions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just ask FCA this, it is a common occurrence with them. Bringing AA kids down to the "A" team for tournaments.

That's okay because you will get to play the Blue team this year since you whined so much to get into the bracket.

Is FCA BLUE going to play against all "A" level teams again this year in Koopers league, or will they finally challenge themselves? Shame you only compete in 1 league against top talent. It was a true show of character last year FCA BLUE playing the Koopers league against "A" teams and bringing down the 2019 goalie as well. True class there!

There was only one bracket for the 8 teams in the 2020 Koopers league last year so AA and A teams were mixed so your point is lost except that you are still bitter. Other AA teams participated in that same bracket including your own club. Take it up with Koopers who could not draw the teams in to separate A from AA.

There are going to be some real ugly games in the Koopers league this year. Looks like AA level to C level are all together. Any chance they'll break into divisions?

For 2020 the following:

Koopers, 91 Platinum, Rough riders, Looney green, FCA White, Laxworld, Ground control, Rock, HOCO, Mdx, Zingo, Wolfpack, Charm city,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2020 the following:

Koopers, 91 Platinum, Rough riders, Looney green, FCA White, Laxworld, Ground control, Rock, HOCO, Mdx, Zingo, Wolfpack, Charm city,

There is no true AA in that line up so that may help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this is the best way to "catch" or find out who is a holdback. Try to find where and when they played Rec. Rec is by age so it should not be hard to come up with a kids age.

Thats f'ing funny. Yeah, lets talk about rec when the kids played with their age....Oh that's right, in rec the kids were grouped in tyker, lightning, [lacrosse] which grouped two ages together. How did the boys in their first year at that level ever competed against the kids in their second year? Kids must have been tougher 5 years ago. Yeesh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Envy or jealousy: resentment of others for their possessions (Dante: "love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, envy is referred to as invidia.

Bottom Line - I've seen this goalie play for a couple of years now... not on his team by the way. And it sounds like you've watched him too. He is just plain good and it hurts your feelings. He would be a good goalie at 2018/19/20 ... don't be butthurt, just make your kid better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]not correct. the 3 players who played on the 2019 team will not be 15 any time soon.

Well let's move your son up to Alg. 2 even though he has not taken Alg.1. I am sure he is smart he can just get smarter to keep up with the other kids. Then we will move the kid who just finished Alg.2 class in with the Alg.1 class. Would anyone think this is a good idea?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]not correct. the 3 players who played on the 2019 team will not be 15 any time soon.

Well let's move your son up to Alg. 2 even though he has not taken Alg.1. I am sure he is smart he can just get smarter to keep up with the other kids. Then we will move the kid who just finished Alg.2 class in with the Alg.1 class. Would anyone think this is a good idea?

i'm sure you will find a parent of a private school child who will run with this idea next year! probably a BL or CH parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Envy or jealousy: resentment of others for their possessions (Dante: "love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, envy is referred to as invidia.

Bottom Line - I've seen this goalie play for a couple of years now... not on his team by the way. And it sounds like you've watched him too. He is just plain good and it hurts your feelings. He would be a good goalie at 2018/19/20 ... don't be butthurt, just make your kid better.

Why do people always bring up "feelings" in this discussion? I've seen the goalie play as well. I also saw the previous 2020 goalie who left the team so this one could take his place. He was also good (for example, Top Prospect camp MVP).

This isn't about "feelings". It's about Integrity. Character. I don't feel "butthurt" as you say. Why would I? I doesn't impress me that a kid who is a year or two older can dominate younger kids. When I teach my kids values, I practice what I preach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alg 2 is a post grad course at BL. Paint by numbers is an AP course at CH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good one Loyola Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Alg 2 is AP math freshman year at Public schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do people always bring up "feelings" in this discussion? I've seen the goalie play as well. I also saw the previous 2020 goalie who left the team so this one could take his place. He was also good (for example, Top Prospect camp MVP).

This isn't about "feelings". It's about Integrity. Character. I don't feel "butthurt" as you say. Why would I? I doesn't impress me that a kid who is a year or two older can dominate younger kids. When I teach my kids values, I practice what I preach.

I guess your talking about the goalie who is now with Rough Riders? He left last year and the Fallston goalie took the starting position. The Fallston kid was told he would be the only goalie only to have the 2019 kid start playing with 2020 in the Koopers league.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 2020 the following:

Division 1
91, Rough Rider, Looney Green, FCA White, Laxworld, MDX

Division 2
Koopers,Ground Control, Rock, HOCO, Zingo, Wolfpack, Charm City

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of crappy teams for what again is a crappy league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, they certainly don't have FCA Blue this year bringing their 2019 players down and beating everybody by 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 goalie you are talking about has a late Aug Birthday. Played his age (the youngest in the age group). When everyone moved to grade based, he was good enough to play "up". now that the 2019 team is in high school, he is playing with his grade in the spring. funny how when it was aged based he was the youngest, and could keep up with kids 2 years older than him. Now that he is playing "down" in some people's view he isn't the oldest (given all the grade hold backs), people have issue with him being good. I know this player and it isn't because he is older.... Bottom line is that the kid can play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your input. Plenty of quality players on these teams and some will emerge as better players than your precious AA kids. And other kids are playing just because it's fun, which is the point of youth sports. You are a tool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No better than hoco when u take the elite out. Thanks crab parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Koopers League ...

More like Crappers League

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2020 goalie you are talking about has a late Aug Birthday. Played his age (the youngest in the age group). When everyone moved to grade based, he was good enough to play "up". now that the 2019 team is in high school, he is playing with his grade in the spring. funny how when it was aged based he was the youngest, and could keep up with kids 2 years older than him. Now that he is playing "down" in some people's view he isn't the oldest (given all the grade hold backs), people have issue with him being good. I know this player and it isn't because he is older.... Bottom line is that the kid can play.

Ok Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 goalie you are talking about has a late Aug Birthday. Played his age (the youngest in the age group). When everyone moved to grade based, he was good enough to play "up". now that the 2019 team is in high school, he is playing with his grade in the spring. funny how when it was aged based he was the youngest, and could keep up with kids 2 years older than him. Now that he is playing "down" in some people's view he isn't the oldest (given all the grade hold backs), people have issue with him being good. I know this player and it isn't because he is older.... Bottom line is that the kid can play.

the kid can play! nobody is arguing this. he should be playing with 2019 kids where he belongs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo was crap too until the NPYLL teams legitimized it. You would be nothing without us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo was crap too until the NPYLL teams legitimized it. You would be nothing without us.

then why did nypll fold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NPYYL = A skill, B intelligence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the kid can play! nobody is arguing this. he should be playing with 2019 kids where he belongs.

I don't know the kid but if the poster is accurate and he has aug 2001 birthday, his parents decided to wait a year for K, he's played 2019 until now - what's your beef? Since he's in 8th he can't play 2019 as they are in HS. Would you still complain if lax still went by age and it was u15?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea right, filled with many weak clubs and some real cheaters, especially Crabs. If this league was so great why did it fold?
Come on, give everyone an answer, we're waiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea right, filled with many weak clubs and some real cheaters, especially Crabs. If this league was so great why did it fold?

If a tournament or league is grade based, having reclassed kids is not cheating, no matter how much you stomp up and down.

As for "cheating", FCA has more holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NPYLL lost it's parity at the top. The bottom 4 or 5 clubs were getting tired of getting smoked by the top 4 or 5 clubs so they dropped down to hoco. The top 4 or 5 clubs did not want to play in a league with only 4 or 5 teams so Npyll fell apart. Also, many npyll clubs had problems arranging their own home fields which hoco does now for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true. The only two in hoco last year were Looneys orange(cheaters) fca blue. Who owned Looneys last year with a 1/4 of the practice time.

Page 28 of 31 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard