BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 97 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i see 1 pt to Maryland, 1 express north to Michigan where is the other PT commit going

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PT2019 goalie going to Air Force

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
PT2019 goalie going to Air Force

Congrats on the verbal what HS will he be playing for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it looks like PT 2019 and express north 2019 each have one recruit - am I missing something

I think PT 2019 has 2 which if my math is right is 1 more than Express North 2019, inept management for Express or a difference of 1.

Again, you are trying to call the game in the third inning.
How many stud players, that everyone knows if you play vs them in tourneys all the time, do Team 91, Express LI, North etc have? A whole bunch. Do you honestly think these kids dont have multiple offers, are mostly done, or in some cases are in fact done but have not been announced?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely right why rush to commit when you have several good offers. If you commit in 9th grade that's great but the more prudent thing is to take your time and make the best choice you can. Express North & Primetime are both good organizations and glad to see them having success.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wilton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wilton
. Wow Wilton has a few 2019 players huh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have looked good in winter ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do tryouts begin for most Varsity programs? I see many teams have scrimmages in 2 or 3 weeks, I would think the teams need to be chosen well before those games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do tryouts begin for most Varsity programs? I see many teams have scrimmages in 2 or 3 weeks, I would think the teams need to be chosen well before those games.

I don't think coaches can officially do anything until after March 7th when the season officially starts. That doesn't mean they don't have a good idea from last year and winter practices who will be on varsity. I would imagine some of the deeper teams may use scrimmages to determine who is on varsity. Looking forward to a good season! Its getting closer!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think coaches can officially do anything until after March 7th when the season officially starts. That doesn't mean they don't have a good idea from last year and winter practices who will be on varsity. I would imagine some of the deeper teams may use scrimmages to determine who is on varsity. Looking forward to a good season! Its getting closer!

Each year Westchester lacrosse takes another step towards parity like on LI where 6-7 teams have a legitimate chance to win the section. I think this year we will see more teams than ever competing for the title. Its great for the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Each year Westchester lacrosse takes another step towards parity like on LI where 6-7 teams have a legitimate chance to win the section. I think this year we will see more teams than ever competing for the title. Its great for the game.

But how long before they are on par across the board with LI. Yes Yorktown is on the crest of the wave right now, but what about the rest. Is the great white northern suburb improving at a higher rate than their southern suburban cousins?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorites in each section title:
A; Mamo, Fox and Pac
B; Town and maybe JJ
C; Bville or Pville
7 or 8 teams competing for 3 section titles; not much parity really but next level is getting more talent; Rye & Pelham in B, Briarcliff in C, and maybe White Plains & North Rockland in A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Favorites in each section title:
A; Mamo, Fox and Pac
B; Town and maybe JJ
C; Bville or Pville
7 or 8 teams competing for 3 section titles; not much parity really but next level is getting more talent; Rye & Pelham in B, Briarcliff in C, and maybe White Plains & North Rockland in A.

John Jay will be a very formidable opponent for Yorktown this year. JJ was young last year and Ytown graduated a lot of very talented players. Should be a great match up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

But we have heard that tune before. JJ Gotta go out and prove it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JJ strong on back line and in net. both teams lost offensive firepower so may see a couple of low scoring slugfests.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

We've also heard the tune "Yorktown will have a down year" But they have the best youth program in the area and they reload without missing a beat. A few years a go they lost to Nisky with a team full of All Americans, then won the NYS title when everyone said..."Yorktown will be weak". Until someone knocks them off, Marr will keep reloading and I will give them the respect they are due. We keep hearing they will be unable to score, expect to see some youngsters step up and fill the void. I've watched them do it for 15 years. Looking forward to the JJ battle but others are in the hunt as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

We've also heard the tune "Yorktown will have a down year" But they have the best youth program in the area and they reload without missing a beat. A few years a go they lost to Nisky with a team full of All Americans, then won the NYS title when everyone said..."Yorktown will be weak". Until someone knocks them off, Marr will keep reloading and I will give them the respect they are due. We keep hearing they will be unable to score, expect to see some youngsters step up and fill the void. I've watched them do it for 15 years. Looking forward to the JJ battle but others are in the hunt as well.
Just curious, how does Yorktown operate their youth program? My son is a 2020 and we never see them. (ie. CONNY, where we see RYE, JJ, Bronxville, top Ct. teams etc.) Are they just 'in-house' or travel elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you look for a website for Yorktown youth lacrosse, you can't really find anything. Does one exist? If you look for a CONNY town program, they are easy to find and you can see all the other towns they have played in past years, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When you look for a website for Yorktown youth lacrosse, you can't really find anything. Does one exist? If you look for a CONNY town program, they are easy to find and you can see all the other towns they have played in past years, etc.

Yorktown youth lacrosse is run under the Yorktown Athletic Club umbrella. Combination of in house and travel. We are a few towns away and emulated the structure, but you need the dedicated knowledgeable coaches to teach the game correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you look for a website for Yorktown youth lacrosse, you can't really find anything. Does one exist? If you look for a CONNY town program, they are easy to find and you can see all the other towns they have played in past years, etc.

If you google "Yorktown youth lacrosse" its the first hit that comes up. Why was it so hard for you to find?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown Youth lacrosse town teams play in the Hudson Valley league with teams from Westchester that do not play in CONNY and they also play town teams from Putnam and Dutchess who are also in the Hudson Valley league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown Youth lacrosse town teams play in the Hudson Valley league with teams from Westchester that do not play in CONNY and they also play town teams from Putnam and Dutchess who are also in the Hudson Valley league.

Yorktown youth travel teams also play against 3-4 CONNY teams each season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing but do not know the story that Tom Palasek, MLL lizards attackman had a falling out with Roy Colsey and no longer works at the lax academy. that is unfortunate as Tommy was great with the kids and brought a level of instruction and patience I have yet to see. I do not know Roy, but he seems super abrasive and cocky and its no wonder the Super star teams can not compete with Primetime, Express North etc... does anyone know the story?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing but do not know the story that Tom Palasek, MLL lizards attackman had a falling out with Roy Colsey and no longer works at the lax academy. that is unfortunate as Tommy was great with the kids and brought a level of instruction and patience I have yet to see. I do not know Roy, but he seems super abrasive and cocky and its no wonder the Super star teams can not compete with Primetime, Express North etc... does anyone know the story?

Roy is cocky and will talk to you when he has time for you!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
control freak!!! sad really. how could anyone want their child to be associated with that, I don't care how good he was in the old days

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will Yorktown have any freshman pulled up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's his way or the highway and unfortunately for him most of the good players on superstars took the highway to other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will Yorktown have any freshman pulled up.

We'll find out after tryouts, you just never know. If I were forced to guess, I would say 2 Freshman will make Ytown varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 maybe 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He will talk to you when he needs something. Love the passion, not the execution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really just a super abrasive man- no wonder people run for the door

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do Varsity tryouts start in Westchester?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isnt it a NY State rule about 3/7/16 being the first day for Public schools?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I graduated the same yr as Roy - played against him in high school and in college - was considering multiple schools but decided to go the Ivy route - I realize the recruiting landscape those days are completely different from today but agree 100% on what Roy wrote. Hard work and dedication is important - for me, the only thing I would add is passion - there comes a time that when a kid wants to get better, he has to do this on his own - can't keep having a parent push him - he has to love the game and want to get better...someone told me years ago this generally starts to happen in middle school (which is when recruiting is starting up today)...crazy that I am starting to see this with my older boy who is in 7th today...I have 4 younger boys below him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, for all spring sports. But most schools have had 'optional open gyms'for lax, baseball, & softball since Jan. 1. Pretty sure coaches are mentally keeping notes before the actual try-outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree

The Ytown youth program is stellar. The key is the dedication of the people who run it. A lot of time needs to be invested and in Yorktown every kid has many opportunities to learn the game from experienced lax people. The guy running the show is a gem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts start today, but 95% of the roster is already chosen. There may be a few bubble kids that need to fight for a spot on the team. Good luck and safe season to all players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any changes in Bronxville?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I graduated the same yr as Roy - played against him in high school and in college - was considering multiple schools but decided to go the Ivy route - I realize the recruiting landscape those days are completely different from today but agree 100% on what Roy wrote. Hard work and dedication is important - for me, the only thing I would add is passion - there comes a time that when a kid wants to get better, he has to do this on his own - can't keep having a parent push him - he has to love the game and want to get better...someone told me years ago this generally starts to happen in middle school (which is when recruiting is starting up today)...crazy that I am starting to see this with my older boy who is in 7th today...I have 4 younger boys below him

I have 3 boys and 1 girl, my daughter is a Freshman playing D1, my oldest son is being recruited as a HS Freshman and I can tell you the recruiting landscape has changed in just the last 3-4 years and it really needs to be throttled back. My oldest son hasn't played varsity yet but he should be able to decide his future? We are being told to just commit to a school and you can change your mind later. What is that teaching our kids? We told the last two coaches he will not make a decision until after summer season at the earliest. We do not want the pressure of college recruiting to ruin his HS experience.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 97 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard