BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
U15 Championship Disney
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Schedule is out at USlacrosse.org

Could be a repeat or better for LI Teams

Could see 4 in final excluding outlaws they are
Not talented enough especially after losses to
Jesters who were missing 7 players and a loss
To Express, besides the fact they're the only
LI program that didn't qualify and received an at
Large which was not deserved!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: U15 Championship Disney
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

You are clearly well-educated. How old were you when you dropped out of middle school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo

You are clearly well-educated. How old were you when you dropped out of middle school?

Looks like they are still in Middle School. grin

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You sir r a tool!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't discount the California teams - they are big, very strong, fast and extremely well conditioned. The heat will not be a problem for them, they are built for it. Anybody who takes them lightly will be going home early.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early favorites - Dukes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahah u talk about us on this forum u should grow a set of balls and challenge us and play us face to face and ill wreck you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And fl$ belongs?? They lost to a town team syosset yesterday

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Brackets

July 24th through July 26th, 2012

Girls Pool Play, Tuesday, July 24th

Girls Championship Brackets

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Brackets

July 27th through July 29th, 2012

Boys Pool Play, Friday, July 27th

Boys Championship Brackets

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And fl$ belongs?? They lost to a town team syosset yesterday

They are playing up in the varsity bracket. Give them credit, many of them have not played varsity for their HS yet and many probably won't next Spring either. If they were playing in the JV bracket and lost to Syosset, that would be news. Not the case though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your info most kids on the syosset varsity team is Mostly kids going into tenth and 6 upper classmen and some dont even get on the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For your info most kids on the syosset varsity team is Mostly kids going into tenth and 6 upper classmen and some dont even get on the field

Sr. All american goalie signed with Hopkins, Sr. Middy signed with Cornell, Jr. pole signed with Ohio St. and best Attack player on fl$ and Syo and played with Syo. this was not a 2015 team by any way shape or form, good job by fl$ for stepping up in class

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tourney in Maryland this weekend should be interesting with LI Express, fl$, Jesters, Green Turtle and Looney's. Should be a preview of Disney U 15. Looney's U15 could be team to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ tourney in Maryland this weekend should be interesting with LI Express, fl$, Jesters, Green Turtle and Looney's. Should be a preview of Disney U 15. Looney's U15 could be team to beat.

The Express team going to this tournament is not 2015 Orange - its a subset of the Express 2nd team. Basically any kid that was available since this was a late add. They have some good players going but will not be anywhere close to the same class as Express Orange or the other teams mentioned above. Express Orange will be healthy and ready to go in Florida to bring home the hardware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sad thing is you are referring to 2015 teams, who should NOT be considered U15. The US Lacrosse U15 tournament is a complete joke. In order to be competitive, you have to send your rising sophomore team because of the bogus age rule US Lacrosse has for this one tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who do you think should be considered U15?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sad thing is you are referring to 2015 teams, who should NOT be considered U15. The US Lacrosse U15 tournament is a complete joke. In order to be competitive, you have to send your rising sophomore team because of the bogus age rule US Lacrosse has for this one tournament.

Most LI 2015 teams are 75%+ 1997 birth year, a kid born 12/31/96 would not have been eligible based on last years rules but he would still be an age appropriate 2015 - this year with the date change to 8/31/96 I would guess 99.9% of long Island 2015 players are eligible - this is a true 2015 age appropriate tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are in HS and have played for your HS team, you should not be playing U15. That's the way it's done in nearly every tournament, this one being the most prominent exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are in HS and have played for your HS team, you should not be playing U15. That's the way it's done in nearly every tournament, this one being the most prominent exception.

That rule seems ridiculous anyway just because some kid is exceptional at age 15 and played at the high school level or because some kid lives in a district that has a poor high school team so he was brought up should not prevent him from playing at his age in these tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as it's the same rules for everyone, who cares? I personally like it better the way it is than if they defined it to be younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is ridiculous because these are long standing rules that US Lacrosse has waived for this tournament just to get more entries.

A kid who plays for his HS team has a huge advantage over a kid who just finished 8th grade (e.g. exposure to HS coaching, practice, games, competition, etc.) That's why the rule was established in the 1st place.

When you're in HS, you should be focused on playing HS teams and getting recruiting looks - not flying to FL to win a mythical U15 championship against other Rising Sophomores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is ridiculous because these are long standing rules that US Lacrosse has waived for this tournament just to get more entries.

A kid who plays for his HS team has a huge advantage over a kid who just finished 8th grade (e.g. exposure to HS coaching, practice, games, competition, etc.) That's why the rule was established in the 1st place.

When you're in HS, you should be focused on playing HS teams and getting recruiting looks - not flying to FL to win a mythical U15 championship against other Rising Sophomores.

I'm huge fan of trying to keep age requirements in place for lax tourns. However, as they get a little older and they play in the HS Divisions, the age issue only gets worse. In the more intense tournaments you have Prep School kids that are PG's. 19 yr olds playing against kids who may have just turned 16. Talk about men playing boys!!! On the flip side, your son will get better playing tougher bigger and stronger competition. Maybe tough for some teams that are used to winning all the time. Also, tough on kids who at their age are superstars. It can be humbling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is why kids who have played HS ball should be playing against HS kids in HS tournaments - not against 8th graders in U15 events. My son is entering HS now and I wouldn't want his team wasting time beating up on 8th graders. I want his team to be playing in recruiting events in front of college coaches.

The teams that send their 2015 teams to that Florida tournament are a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why stop there? I think kids over 5' 11" should not be allowed, and maybe have speed and agility testing and kids that are just too fast should also not be allowed, I would definitely not allow kids that shoot too hard, and no kid that goes to Chaminade would be allowed because if they went to a public school they would be on varsity. We need to balance the playing field and make this for players of the lowest common denominators - let's call it the Harrison Bergeron tournament of champions......or, another ides might be to allow any kid that was born after 9/1/1996 - just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is why kids who have played HS ball should be playing against HS kids in HS tournaments - not against 8th graders in U15 events. My son is entering HS now and I wouldn't want his team wasting time beating up on 8th graders. I want his team to be playing in recruiting events in front of college coaches.

If that is the case then they should change the age requirement. They just adjusted it to allow some 2014's to go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the tournament should be for kids that are U15 but either not good enough to play on there HS team or that go to a High School that is good enough that they don't need to bring up 9th and 10th graders? and by high school ball does that include JV? because it would not be much of a U15 tournament if you did not include kids that played any high school, I think that would have to be a U14 or even U13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice how even though the age limit was relaxed, the 2015 Crabs still don't go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a complete tool, why does it bother people so much that they try to put together a true U15 national championship, every college coach I have spoken with are barely looking at kids in this age group so why not have a true national championship tournament. Sounds like a lot of you guys are jealous of these kids, and no I do not have a kid attending

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why stop there? I think kids over 5' 11" should not be allowed, and maybe have speed and agility testing and kids that are just too fast should also not be allowed, I would definitely not allow kids that shoot too hard, and no kid that goes to Chaminade would be allowed because if they went to a public school they would be on varsity. We need to balance the playing field and make this for players of the lowest common denominators - let's call it the Harrison Bergeron tournament of champions......or, another ides might be to allow any kid that was born after 9/1/1996 - just a thought.

Hyperbole much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the tournament should be for kids that are U15 but either not good enough to play on there HS team or that go to a High School that is good enough that they don't need to bring up 9th and 10th graders? and by high school ball does that include JV? because it would not be much of a U15 tournament if you did not include kids that played any high school, I think that would have to be a U14 or even U13.

All of the best U15 clubs are filled with kids who are Rising Freshman. They don't have Rising Sophomores playing U15 because those kids want to play HS competition, not MS kids. Sorry to break it to you, but most areas of the country don't allow MS kids to play for JV teams because of injury concerns. Apparently Long Island likes to do that, which is weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a complete tool, why does it bother people so much that they try to put together a true U15 national championship, every college coach I have spoken with are barely looking at kids in this age group so why not have a true national championship tournament. Sounds like a lot of you guys are jealous of these kids, and no I do not have a kid attending

It is nowhere near a true U15 national tournament. If there was one, they wouldn't have it in Florida, making it cost prohibitive for many families. Having one in the Mid-Atlantic of in the Tri-State area would make their claim a lot more legitimate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
let it go already - we can all find faults in anything they try to do, every U15 team in the country had a chance to either be invited or go to a regional and earn a berth, I am sure the U19 internationals are not to your liking because they are in Europe and some kids play in college and some just finished HS. it is what it is....move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some interesting pool play games -
fl$ v. DH Lax (CA)
Outlaws v. Blue Devil Elite (fla)
Ballers v. Looneys
Express v. 3D (CO)
Exp V. No Cal

3 Norcal teams going, anybody know who the top one is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand how the yellow jackets has 2 teams in the championship. How did they both get to be automatic qualifiers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have you seen them play? hard to imagine 25 teams in the country better then the two best YJ teams -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is nowhere near a true U15 national tournament. If there was one, they wouldn't have it in Florida, making it cost prohibitive for many families. Having one in the Mid-Atlantic of in the Tri-State area would make their claim a lot more legitimate.

What is the hottest 2 week stretch of weather in north america?
What is the hottest most humid state in the US?
Let's schedule the tournament then and there??????

The only thing that makes sense is they make many and all team miserable with the travel equally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
temperature and chance of rain this week

LarryMiller Baltimore
Today 88 50% 96 30%
Tuesday 93 30% 98 20%
Wednesday 92 20% 92 0%
Thursday 92 10% 99 20%
Friday 94 0% 94 30%
Saturday 93 30% 93 30%
Sunday 91 10% 93 30%

And LarryMiller is the happiest place on earth - Baltimore.....not so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here I sit in a LarryMiller with my daughter ready to play at the U-15 and let me put in my personal opinions of what I've seen on this thread.

1- To have this event in Disney is cost prohibitive but you must understand that for U.S. Lacrosse to grow the sport this is probably the correct venue because it will receive national attention while other sports like Baseball, Softball, Basketball and Field Hockey also hold major tournaments in the same venue at the same time.When the event was in it's infancy it was held in MD. and got no press.

2-as far as the Girls side of this event goes it provides a major opportunity for girls that are either rising Freshman, or rising sophomores to gain a lot of exposure for themselves to college coaches especially if there from the from non-traditional hot beds. Those parents complaining about there sons having to compete against high school kids confuse me, , a high school freshman should be 14 turning 15 this year so why are you complaining, they are the reason the U-15 group was chosen , It is very late in the season and most tourneys are over and now is the time that college coaches start looking at the younger years to see who is good. If your club is sending a middle school team to this event you need to talk to your director because they don't know what there doing. You should look at Long Island as the example and not complain, but copy there format. Your freshman boys are being robbed of a prime opportunity.

3- As far the Yellow Jackets goes, they don't send down whole teams, but select girls from many teams, so please stop misrepresenting the facts. I am sure the A team will be very strong , but the B team might be suspect. and none of them won anything or real importance this year so maybe we should relax and just enjoy the games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The response above misses the mark on many points. The amount of national "pub" this tournament receives is nominal at best. ESPN doesn't talk about, let alone show, any of the tournament games. All you get is a 10 second montage of the winner as they have a promo that shows the various winners at this ESPN "event" from the various sports.

US Lacrosse moved the tournament down to Florida for one reason only - to make more money. Although it helps grow the game somewhat to make it easier/cheaper for SE teams to attend, it wasn't done for any altruistic purposes. Putting the tournament in MD and/or the Tri-State area would serve the lax community the most. Those teams from non hotbed areas would still pay the same to travel, and you would capture a better collection of top teams. The reason why USL changes the U15 age policy for this tournament is the same reason why it was moved to FL - more money.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard