BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at these idiot dads. Field space is expensive. You have to pay for coaches, uniforms, insurance, etc.

Not a shock at your simplistic math. Typical of Looney's parents.m

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are other costs. Field rentals being the biggest cost. The only clubs that make money on their club teams in maryland are the ones that force their teams to play in their own events. Breakers, hawks, mad lax, etc. 91 md makes money due to what they charge

So can you please give me what one day of field rental cost? And then we can do this number times 10 or 12 practices for during the summer season. So if the field cost $200 a night that comes to 2k or $2400 We still are looking at a nice car worth of profits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are other costs. Field rentals being the biggest cost. The only clubs that make money on their club teams in maryland are the ones that force their teams to play in their own events. Breakers, hawks, mad lax, etc. 91 md makes money due to what they charge

Also the more I look at all my sons tournaments for this summer and they are the big ones. The team cost to enter is avg. a lot closer to $1500 not $2400.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol at these idiot dads. Field space is expensive. You have to pay for coaches, uniforms, insurance, etc.

The only idiot is the person who thinks money going into a coaches pocket is not profit. Its like a business owner saying his salary is not profit. LOL. So I am guessing if we add up everything we listed here minus the coaches pay. There will be a lot of "profit" left to PAY the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So can you please give me what one day of field rental cost? And then we can do this number times 10 or 12 practices for during the summer season. So if the field cost $200 a night that comes to 2k or $2400 We still are looking at a nice car worth of profits.

Took two seconds to pull up Fairfax field rental rates. With a quick look I see $15 per team for a tournament. Or I see $5.50 per kid if county resident. And 30$ per if not. So I think the $200 per practice is about right or on the high side.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teams are practicing 10 months a year or more so try more like 40-50 practices /yr. Don't forget fall tournaments and spring leagues. And some coaches get paid or their kids play for free. Turf fields are 150-200/hr. Profits are in the tournaments not teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

teams are practicing 10 months a year or more so try more like 40-50 practices /yr. Don't forget fall tournaments and spring leagues. And some coaches get paid or their kids play for free. Turf fields are 150-200/hr. Profits are in the tournaments not teams

All these teams charge more money for spring and fall tournaments and league. I guess the real question is what is the going rate to coach a 2020 -2017 travel team. This will answer 90% of my questions about where the money goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Looney's patent, but I commend them for dropping those row teams. I don't know anything about those particular teams but most clubs make appr $45,000 per teams for kids those age at the level that Looney's competes at. Looney's gave up $90,000 rather than take money for parents and put out a sub-par product for those two years. If I was one of the parents I would be fine with that, there are PLENTY of other clubs out there and as long as a kid can catch and throw he will be able to find a team.

Spoke like true middle school holdback parent. When HS comes around all bets are off. No one is walking around saying they are the best at the club league. These clubs you speak of currently have a bad reputation among parents that already have been through this. Before you say it, My kid was asked to try out for one of these clubs and we declined. Grades are more important. No money in lax my friend. Wake up.

Totally disagree. If the kids wanted to play together then they should be put in tournaments they will be competitive in. Do not go to tournaments to win or put your team in the Varsity A to get crushed. The boys and family could have still enjoyed the game of lacrosse. Wait until you go to the HS tournaments and you have a group of 17 year old kids playing JV A. LOL. It happens. HS tournaments have JV B, JV A, HS B, HS A, and some have HS AA. There is a place for any team that wants to enjoy the great sport of LAX. We played HS B last year with a group of Sophomores against a team of U19 from the Midwest. They were big but no stick work. HS B was fine for them and for us.

Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks, 91..etc, do you honestly think their top teams will play in competition like stated above? They are the top programs in the area and if they can't compete in the top brackets they most Limey won't have a team. These clubs are protecting their brand by doing so. Ther are plenty of other clubs in the area that will take your money and put a non-competitive team together, these clubs will not. People can complain all they want about what happened with the two Looney's teams, but it was the proper thing to do to protect their brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You goober are funny. Tournaments can make a lot of money, but running a club itself is a not a big money maker. You have no idea how much time and money it takes to run a club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only idiot I see is you. Everyone is talking about expenses, field/tournament/uniform/equipment costs and the only thing you can add is your childish comment about Looney's parents. Guess you are a real big shot hiding behind your laptop. You don't even know who is contributing to these conversations, can be anyone from any number of clubs but you just had to get in your childish dig. You need to grow up, IDIOT. If you can't contribute something worthwhile and on topic/point STFU.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only idiot is the person who thinks money going into a coaches pocket is not profit. Its like a business owner saying his salary is not profit. LOL. So I am guessing if we add up everything we listed here minus the coaches pay. There will be a lot of "profit" left to PAY the coaches.

go ask Ryan M at Crabs how much he pays himself to coach their 2020 team and how much he puts in his pocket for the tournaments. He is driven by money and greed and also ego.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Looney's patent, but I commend them for dropping those row teams. I don't know anything about those particular teams but most clubs make appr $45,000 per teams for kids those age at the level that Looney's competes at. Looney's gave up $90,000 rather than take money for parents and put out a sub-par product for those two years. If I was one of the parents I would be fine with that, there are PLENTY of other clubs out there and as long as a kid can catch and throw he will be able to find a team.

Spoke like true middle school holdback parent. When HS comes around all bets are off. No one is walking around saying they are the best at the club league. These clubs you speak of currently have a bad reputation among parents that already have been through this. Before you say it, My kid was asked to try out for one of these clubs and we declined. Grades are more important. No money in lax my friend. Wake up.

Totally disagree. If the kids wanted to play together then they should be put in tournaments they will be competitive in. Do not go to tournaments to win or put your team in the Varsity A to get crushed. The boys and family could have still enjoyed the game of lacrosse. Wait until you go to the HS tournaments and you have a group of 17 year old kids playing JV A. LOL. It happens. HS tournaments have JV B, JV A, HS B, HS A, and some have HS AA. There is a place for any team that wants to enjoy the great sport of LAX. We played HS B last year with a group of Sophomores against a team of U19 from the Midwest. They were big but no stick work. HS B was fine for them and for us.

Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks, 91..etc, do you honestly think their top teams will play in competition like stated above? They are the top programs in the area and if they can't compete in the top brackets they most Limey won't have a team. These clubs are protecting their brand by doing so. Ther are plenty of other clubs in the area that will take your money and put a non-competitive team together, these clubs will not. People can complain all they want about what happened with the two Looney's teams, but it was the proper thing to do to protect their brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So at 150$ this comes to $7500 for 50 practices over a full year. So I am not wrong when I say team charge more money for Spring and fall lacrosse on top of the $1500 or so for the summer tournament season. I think they charge around half for fall so this is $2250 per kid per year if they are a high school kid. 24 kids on a team. This equals 54k. 3 fall tournaments 4 summer at $1750 each comes to $12250 plus a year of practice field time $19750. So you got uniforms, insurance and what else to pay for with the 34k left over. And money you pay the coaches I call profit. Salary is profit not expenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most team practice more than 1 hour, and some clubs have 2 teams per age group...factor in uniforms, coach pay (i don't know how you call this a profit). As another poster mentioned, only profitable venture is tournaments or camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most team practice more than 1 hour, and some clubs have 2 teams per age group...factor in uniforms, coach pay (i don't know how you call this a profit). As another poster mentioned, only profitable venture is tournaments or camps.

I agree, pay is not a profit, it is an expense, just like fees for tournaments, rental fees etc. Profit is what is left after all expenses are paid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can someone take home a income. And this is not a profit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So at 150$ this comes to $7500 for 50 practices over a full year. So I am not wrong when I say team charge more money for Spring and fall lacrosse on top of the $1500 or so for the summer tournament season. I think they charge around half for fall so this is $2250 per kid per year if they are a high school kid. 24 kids on a team. This equals 54k. 3 fall tournaments 4 summer at $1750 each comes to $12250 plus a year of practice field time $19750. So you got uniforms, insurance and what else to pay for with the 34k left over. And money you pay the coaches I call profit. Salary is profit not expenses.

You are trying to make a case against for profit clubs but you are posting on a forum about a non profit. 1100-1500 would be for fall spring summer w looneys. Helmet, box league, sweatshirt etc would be extra but not compulsory. Most teams carry 18-22. Not sure how coaches sons works but would think they don't pay full freight. Paid coaches are generally college players home for summer. Would guess they get 500-1000. Wouldn't call that profit. The for profit enterprises like hawks, madlax, team 91 or breakers cost over 2k and those clubs also run tournaments. Clubs like looneys, fca, laxworld etc don't line anyone's pockets. There maybe other motivations you don't like for guys to spend their time running and coaching these teams, but mainly they are guys that love the sport and enjoy coaching kids.

We can all lament that we are paying 10x what parents paid just 10 years ago. But we keep lining up to do so. Therefore clubs will continue to pop up and people will make money. That's ok if they provide a good experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are trying to make a case against for profit clubs but you are posting on a forum about a non profit. 1100-1500 would be for fall spring summer w looneys. Helmet, box league, sweatshirt etc would be extra but not compulsory. Most teams carry 18-22. Not sure how coaches sons works but would think they don't pay full freight. Paid coaches are generally college players home for summer. Would guess they get 500-1000. Wouldn't call that profit. The for profit enterprises like hawks, madlax, team 91 or breakers cost over 2k and those clubs also run tournaments. Clubs like looneys, fca, laxworld etc don't line anyone's pockets. There maybe other motivations you don't like for guys to spend their time running and coaching these teams, but mainly they are guys that love the sport and enjoy coaching kids.

We can all lament that we are paying 10x what parents paid just 10 years ago. But we keep lining up to do so. Therefore clubs will continue to pop up and people will make money. That's ok if they provide a good experience

I like your break down and I understand your point. So I guess the next conversation is what is better the FOR Profit club or the Non-Profit club. My thoughts on this question are. The non- profit clubs will have one or two good or really good teams. But the rest of the teams are kinda of just there or forgotten about. The for profit clubs are closer to good to great from the youngest to the oldest team. They also have tons more options of things you can do for your kid. I also find it easier to go to the club owner of a for profit to complain or ask for explanation about an issue. With the non-profits you get the I am doing this for free do not complain to me look and attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020 kids are shopping around. Talking about moving to their respective club tied their high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you pay a person to mow your lawn, is that a profit? Do you claim that as income on YOUR taxes. Salaries are expenses to the program. If the owner is a coach, then his salary is an expense against the club and INCOME for him, not profit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2020 kids are shopping around. Talking about moving to their respective club tied their high school.

Just love it when other clubs come on here and start completely false rumors. Nothing better to do with your time or is it wishful thinking on your part that this would happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it!

What clubs would they be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you pay a person to mow your lawn, is that a profit? Do you claim that as income on YOUR taxes. Salaries are expenses to the program. If the owner is a coach, then his salary is an expense against the club and INCOME for him, not profit.

Syman tics sir, If they are smart enough to take all the money you give them every year and pay out all the people working with the club money that they go use to buy things or food.
My your logic they did not make a profit. So with your theory if all the money left over goes to someones personal account the club has not made a profit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it!

Parents should always be looking and on top of what there club and other clubs are doing and offer. You should always be a agent for your son. If you put your head in the sand you will be left holding the bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone who is running a club, field space costs money but you can mitigate the cost by having two team use one field and split the cost. To maximize profits a club would need an even number of teams and as many "Volunteer" dad coaches as possible. If you charge $1500 per kid with 20 kids, run the HOCO league, 5 middle school summer tournaments, two practices a week, make each person pay for their own US lacrosse membership, give a decent uniform package with socks, have off season training indoors, you can make anywhere from $5k to $8K per team. You will have one time fees for Incorporating and tax structuring. Ein numbers can be obtained through the IRS at no cost. Management time still comes into play as you will be chasing people for money (huge headache), players will leave, and you will need to back fill spots as little johnies is not getting any playing time or getting any better. A good club owner will attend all the tournaments and mingle with the parents, clients, to maintain persistency with player returning. Finally, coaches sons will play for the cost of the uniform or free. Can be a nice side job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it!

There are very few clubs tied to specific schools any longer. Clubs are a mix of various private and public schools now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt it!

Parents should always be looking and on top of what there club and other clubs are doing and offer. You should always be a agent for your son. If you put your head in the sand you will be left holding the bag.

No answer on the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs - boys Latin
FCA - Calvert hall
Rock. - Fallston high
Thunder / Mavricks - bel air high

Don't think Looney's, 91 MD or Hawks are associated with any school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As someone who is running a club, field space costs money but you can mitigate the cost by having two team use one field and split the cost. To maximize profits a club would need an even number of teams and as many "Volunteer" dad coaches as possible. If you charge $1500 per kid with 20 kids, run the HOCO league, 5 middle school summer tournaments, two practices a week, make each person pay for their own US lacrosse membership, give a decent uniform package with socks, have off season training indoors, you can make anywhere from $5k to $8K per team. You will have one time fees for Incorporating and tax structuring. Ein numbers can be obtained through the IRS at no cost. Management time still comes into play as you will be chasing people for money (huge headache), players will leave, and you will need to back fill spots as little johnies is not getting any playing time or getting any better. A good club owner will attend all the tournaments and mingle with the parents, clients, to maintain persistency with player returning. Finally, coaches sons will play for the cost of the uniform or free. Can be a nice side job.

So if you are paying more then $1500 and your team does not do indoor training as part of the $1500. And I guessing most clubs do not charge $1500 for 12 months of lacrosse? You can see that the 5k to 8k per team could go up pretty fast.
I am not complaining about the profit they make. But I want parents to be aware there is a profit being made so you should not feel bad in anyway calling them out for anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syman tics sir, If they are smart enough to take all the money you give them every year and pay out all the people working with the club money that they go use to buy things or food.
My your logic they did not make a profit. So with your theory if all the money left over goes to someones personal account the club has not made a profit?

It's spelled "semantics". Another genius lax dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its what spell check spit out. Sorry but the point is still correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its what spell check spit out. Sorry but the point is still correct.

"It's", not "Its". Something you should have learned in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's 2023 assistant coaches epic meltdown at today's 2023 game was embarrassing. Screaming, threatening and suspending play because your kid got checked hard...Really. Just say no to Dad coaches.....Hope you enjoyed the game from the stands...By the way your kid should have been removed from the field today for his retaliation checking to the face and his meltdown as well.. Great work dirtbag...

Who were they playing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023...isnt that a 5th grader??? An a coach of 5th graders???

What happened to having fun at 5th grade??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Looneys...what did you have to do/pay/promise to get Howard county to look the other way while you bring your illegal player up from Florida? Would love to know because there are some more rules that maybe we could all get them to ignore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Looneys...what did you have to do/pay/promise to get Howard county to look the other way while you bring your illegal player up from Florida? Would love to know because there are some more rules that maybe we could all get them to ignore.

No one in Howard County wants to pay for the level of rule enforcement you psychos want to see put in place for youth lacrosse. It's like you want to see a SWAT division, a K9 division, and a youth lacrosse division of the police force.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. I have an idea, how about we all ignore an [lacrosse] like you. Not associated with Looneys but really tired of you ladies getting your panties all twisted. Go find something important to stress out about because this shouldn't be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. I have an idea, how about we all ignore an [lacrosse] like you. Not associated with Looneys but really tired of you ladies getting your panties all twisted. Go find something important to stress out about because this shouldn't be it.

Mmhmm not associated with Looneys. How about you all fins some integrity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about an internal affairs division. You know that one well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard