BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 18 of 220 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear that top guns players won the five finger discount award at that tournament, nice job way to represent long island and your club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
hear ye, hear ye..... I now proclaim the 2019 Topguns best lacrosse team ever!!!!!!

Keep dreaming!!!! You have not played 2019 YJ yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hear ye, hear ye..... I now proclaim the 2019 Topguns best lacrosse team ever!!!!!!

Nice try ,but there is no way a YJ 2019 parent would write this, must have been a TG parent who realizes the other TG parents boasting at this age group is ridiculous .Must say have watched this 2019 group play and have played against them, very good team, top 2 players carry the team, have 1 kid who scored all but 1 of their goals against us and when their top two are off the field not nearly as good.The parents are a very confident and proud group which I guess is a good thing if in moderation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have noticed that Yellow Jackets are the fastest to tell other club members to stay on there own thread , but are probably the fastest to post in this thread. So lets take a page from your own rule book, Go back to your own thread and don't worry about what is said on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's becausr CR is doing everything in her power to avoid TG teams, look at the All-Star Express brackets - six YJ teams in 2019 bracket, but they woiuld rather play 3 games against other YJ teams then play TG - nothing more to say.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am a proud tg parent but i will remain anonymous because of possib ramifications.my question is will the 2019 team stay intact for next year or will the girls who are 2020 go to the 2020 team? i think they should go to the 2020 team because that would be their correct age. i have a feeling this will not be the case. i am new to travel lacrosse so maybe this is common practice for the other tg teams.can other 2020 girls try out for the 2019 team? if not why not? i do know that one of the girls on the team that scores a lot is 2020 so i assume that she will stay. do other clubs pull up good players toolder teams? or is more she who goes up to an older team has certain inside connections?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's becausr CR is doing everything in her power to avoid TG teams, look at the All-Star Express brackets - six YJ teams in 2019 bracket, but they woiuld rather play 3 games against other YJ teams then play TG - nothing more to say.

How do you know it isn't the other way around? TG's overall record against YJ is not very good right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing more to say except why would YJ want to play TG until they actually win a competitive tournament, prove themselves to produce quality D1 players,do something other then compare themselves to YJ. Ever heard the saying nothing to gain everything to lose ,the Yankees do not play amateurs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that TG has posted tryouts for next year. Can someone sum up the records for the 2015 teams. Generally speaking how did they do at the touns this summer. Also wondering if they will play fall tournaments and with which team the current one or the new one. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am a proud tg parent but i will remain anonymous because of possib ramifications.my question is will the 2019 team stay intact for next year or will the girls who are 2020 go to the 2020 team? i think they should go to the 2020 team because that would be their correct age. i have a feeling this will not be the case. i am new to travel lacrosse so maybe this is common practice for the other tg teams.can other 2020 girls try out for the 2019 team? if not why not? i do know that one of the girls on the team that scores a lot is 2020 so i assume that she will stay. do other clubs pull up good players toolder teams? or is more she who goes up to an older team has certain inside connections?

I have a child who wants to try out for the 2019 team so any info would be appreciated from current members. Who is the coach? Will the team be mixed age or just 2019?Has there been Equal playing time?Does there seem to be a lot of politics with this team?How many kids do they take per team?Is there a lot of nonsense with picking of the teams such as private lessons with so and so gets you on a team? Do they treat the B teams as well as the A?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that TG has posted tryouts for next year. Can someone sum up the records for the 2015 teams. Generally speaking how did they do at the touns this summer. Also wondering if they will play fall tournaments and with which team the current one or the new one. Thanks

15 Black has not won any tournaments. Purple started out slow did better. See how 15 Black does in Florida.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a child who wants to try out for the 2019 team so any info would be appreciated from current members. Who is the coach? Will the team be mixed age or just 2019?Has there been Equal playing time?Does there seem to be a lot of politics with this team?How many kids do they take per team?Is there a lot of nonsense with picking of the teams such as private lessons with so and so gets you on a team? Do they treat the B teams as well as the A?

If you look back a bit you'll see that the answer varies. I can tell you that there were alot of upset parents when it came to the 2019 purple team. Many felt short changed this year. The black team got alot more attention. But then again, isn't that expected. Most clubs are going to give more attention to their top teams. As for politics...tell me a club where politics isn't an issue. This team has some 2020 girls. Some of which are good enough and some who clearly are not. But obviously they knew someone...or had a sister on another team. So the question you have to ask is...Is my daughter good enough to make the black team? And if she is, will it matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look back a bit you'll see that the answer varies. I can tell you that there were alot of upset parents when it came to the 2019 purple team. Many felt short changed this year. The black team got alot more attention. But then again, isn't that expected. Most clubs are going to give more attention to their top teams. As for politics...tell me a club where politics isn't an issue. This team has some 2020 girls. Some of which are good enough and some who clearly are not. But obviously they knew someone...or had a sister on another team. So the question you have to ask is...Is my daughter good enough to make the black team? And if she is, will it matter?

You are talking about kids who won't graduate HS for 7-8 yars....relax, be happy they are playing w/ their friends... 7-8 years from now, half the kids won't be playing and you will look back and be sad that you missed the enjoyment of watching them play by worrying about whom they play for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing more to say except why would YJ want to play TG until they actually win a competitive tournament, prove themselves to produce quality D1 players,do something other then compare themselves to YJ. Ever heard the saying nothing to gain everything to lose ,the Yankees do not play amateurs .
Like the babylon lax blast? ultra competitive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If this was a non for profit operation and I didn't pay anything then your. Point would be valid. But I will pay ove $1,000 a summer so it is a serious point.

You are talking about kids who won't graduate HS for 7-8 yars....relax, be happy they are playing w/ their friends... 7-8 years from now, half the kids won't be playing and you will look back and be sad that you missed the enjoyment of watching them play by worrying about whom they play for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at all the brackets 2019,2018,2017,2016 there are 8 TG teams not one is scheduled to play a YJ team??? how does that happen by chance??? There must be at least 10 YJ teams registered for this tournanment but no TG YJ matchups? on any level??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll make this easy--I am from 2016 YJ blue.--I talked to some of the players and they all agree. To 2016 tg--anytime, anywhere.--let's play. I don't say this in a rude way. I think it will be a good game and the girls should have a blast.
We could even do it as a fundraiser. Let the girls ability speak for its self. I would love to hear some predictions ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a look at all the brackets 2019,2018,2017,2016 there are 8 TG teams not one is scheduled to play a YJ team??? how does that happen by chance??? There must be at least 10 YJ teams registered for this tournanment but no TG YJ matchups? on any level??
Plenty of YJ vs YJ games, that's a lot of fun to travel 3-4 hours to have one of your own teams beat up another!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone who has a daughter on the 2017 black or purple team, share any info about those teams? Considering having my daughter tryout, so any advice, or info, would be greatly appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'll make this easy--I am from 2016 YJ blue.--I talked to some of the players and they all agree. To 2016 tg--anytime, anywhere.--let's play. I don't say this in a rude way. I think it will be a good game and the girls should have a blast.
We could even do it as a fundraiser. Let the girls ability speak for its self. I would love to hear some predictions ...
Excellent post - BOTC would be happy to organize this as a fundraiser which could be a sponsorship for the Lax4BackPax event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no offense cage sage but I highly doubt that was a yj 2016 parent , plus which blue team ? Better game would be Cerasso blue vs. TG black, too bad they did not get to play at national draw and I would bet the coach would step up at a charity event

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
no offense cage sage but I highly doubt that was a yj 2016 parent , plus which blue team ? Better game would be Cerasso blue vs. TG black, too bad they did not get to play at national draw and I would bet the coach would step up at a charity event
The Cerasos would get their team together to play in a fundraiser event any time. As we said, it would be a great event to break down walls and serve the community at large. We would be happy to provide the exposure and coverage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the same boat w 2018 - coming from YJ -anyone have any words of advice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was wondering if anyone out there has switcged from YJ to top guns - have a middle of road player -maybe smaller club 4 her
wouldd be better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are definitely a few YJ players who have jumped ship to TG none of which have been on YJ top team. Most have been on 2 level to 3 rd level YJ team hoping to make TG top team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stick with YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe tourney directors trying to avoid another fight between BS The top gun director himself and the YJ folks. Witnessed a disgusting event at National draw between him and YJ coach TC on stadium field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you witnessed it why not give some details , just curious what is considered disgusting event. I have witnessed BS taking it to a new level when arguing with refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you people have nothing better to do than trash talking and analyzing things to death. Just do what's best for your kid and call it day. Keep your negative opinions to yourself. SS didn't claim to be the best player in the past 10 years. However, give her some credit...Tewaaraton Award, Honda Sports Award, Suzy Favor Big Ten Female Athlete of the Year, WomensLax.com Player of the Year, IWLCA Attacker of the Year, MVP of National Championship and ALC Championship, and she was also a finalist for the Sportswoman of the Year. Also, do your math. The Smiths are not getting rich off TG. Their business allows those involved to do what they love. Lastly, don't come down on people because they can afford to give their kids every opportunity to pursue something that they enjoy. Learning to master something (anything!) whether it earns one a scholarship or not will carryover to other aspects of one's life.

Seriously you think they are doing this to allow us to do what we love, they are in it strictly for money do not fool yourself. Your math skills are a joke , they are making big money off of this ,add in TG fees, uniform and clothing monies, all the TG camps, try out fees,private lesson fees , wood stick fees, etc. and yes they are pulling quite a lot of money.All that being said , good for her she has worked hard to make a name for herself as a player and if she works just as hard as a business women she deserves to make a lot of money,but please stop with the she does it for the love of the game, no chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stick with YJ

Here is what I notice between TG and YJ. Some of the age groups are on par with YJ and some are certainly not. The 2018 blk looks like a reasonably strong team and seems on par with yj blue, m&d black etc... they played each other only once to a tie in a game called for lightning in second half. So your choice is more about the club than the competitiveness of the team. With politics at play anywhere you go, the only advantage TG has is it is half the size of YJ's and that translates to only half the amount of crazed parents yelling on sidelines and make trouble on the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The grass is not always greener on the other side.
1, the costs are about the same TG raised tuition $100 for 2013
2, there are 10 practices scheduled, thats all you get
3, college coaches are away at school during early spring paractices

there are plenty of positives, obviously each team is unique, but most of the parents friendly, respectful, knowledgeable.
SS and BS are good people, yes its a money making enterprise, but you know that going in.
there is no pressure to attend any TG camps, buy shafts, or TG gear, or pay for private lessons. playing time is pretty fair 90% of the time, they will go to the best players in a playoff game.
The YJ are are a good organization, although I think they carry to many kids/teams, but thats my opinion.
ask your daughter if shes happy, let her have a say. all in all you can't go wrong with either club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you all for your advice - it is very much appreciated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we actually did have more than 10 practices on our YJ team which was nice - and our coaches were awesome
it just seems that the blue team does get more "attention"
our team had two coaches - I was shocked to learn the blue team had 2 coaches for defense - 2 for midfield-2 for attack et. - that was when I became a little jaded - we are all paying the same amount - it just seems if you are on blue - great otherwise ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow jackets are washed up, go Top Guns all the way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we actually had more than 10 practices which was great - and our 2 coaches were wonderful
i was suprised to find out though that the blue team has 2 coaches for attack, 2 for defense etc.
it seems if you are on blue you are certainly getting more individual training
i think that's great for them but i thought we were all paying the same price?
this is where i became a litle jaded- i know the grass is always greener but is this same type of disparity going on in top guns too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, TG is best bang for the buck but keep in mind you MUST make the team each year. Only complaint I have (2 girls in program) is that coaches need to encourage players to pass the ball. Some only pass to their "friends", others run the ball up from defense when there are 2 or 3 open players at any given time. A select few know how to set a play up from behind the cage, but overall a good place for a 2017/18 to get her lax skills to improve. Might want to scrimmage each other during practice too, on the car ride back home several of the girls have commented that they do the same "boring" thing every week. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also appreciate the feedback. My 2017 daughter is considering Top Guns. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow jackets are washed up, go Top Guns all the way!

Washed up I just looked at there website they had a pretty good summer and have done well helping kids find schools . Far from washed up actually they look stronger than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we actually had more than 10 practices which was great - and our 2 coaches were wonderful
i was suprised to find out though that the blue team has 2 coaches for attack, 2 for defense etc.
it seems if you are on blue you are certainly getting more individual training
i think that's great for them but i thought we were all paying the same price?
this is where i became a litle jaded- i know the grass is always greener but is this same type of disparity going on in top guns too?

Not sure what YJ team you are referring to but we have been on blue for 5 years now and never had more than 2 coaches! This year we have 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the parent of a 2020 girl who played on the 209 black team this year. When my daughter tried out for the team we were told that she would be playing with this team for one year and then the following year she would not be moving up with this team and would play with her own age-2020. I can only speak for myself and what we were told, I do not know if all the 2020 girls were told the same thing. I did hear different things throughout the season regarding this but as we all know you should never believe everything you hear!!! smile

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 220 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard