BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 179 of 220 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beach Guns should be the club's name. Only 3 talented girls left on 2020, and 2-3 talented girls on 2021 (never had much talent here, and the few top girls already a year ago and last year). I am sure after this season those girls will be wearing the blue and gold, or Teal Blue. Only reason 2021 can even stay in the few games they are in is because their goalie.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Beach Guns should be the club's name. Only 3 talented girls left on 2020, and 2-3 talented girls on 2021 (never had much talent here, and the few top girls already a year ago and last year). I am sure after this season those girls will be wearing the blue and gold, or Teal Blue. Only reason 2021 can even stay in the few games they are in is because their goalie.

Thanks for your uninformed opinion. The girls won a number of tournaments during summer. Here is an idea ......worry about your kid. Take care jack a$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess your daughter couldn't make the team. Go play PAL little troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all the shuffling on both TG and Elevate 2021, which team is better at this point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS has told plenty of the parents that she is stepping away from the coaching part of the club. 2020 and 2021 teams are on their own. After a miserable summer, many girls will jump ship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS has told plenty of the parents that she is stepping away from the coaching part of the club. 2020 and 2021 teams are on their own. After a miserable summer, many girls will jump ship.

Most that can, already did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With all the shuffling on both TG and Elevate 2021, which team is better at this point?

That question is like re-arranging chairs on the titanic. Honestly, both clubs are going to get blown out be the A clubs and I think will have their hands full with strong B clubs. Those teams should NOT be playing in the top brackets in any tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess your daughter couldn't make the team. Go play PAL little troll

Isn't TG just an extended PAL season. Same thing in my book.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all seriously effed up!! Who care where anyone plays. Live your own life Jesus! Everyone makes their own choices. Stop cutting each other apart. Fine examples you're setting for your daughters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you Mrs Cleaver

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many girls left Hofstra?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One from TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a whole lot left...oooodles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One from TG.

So if you go back to the 2015 & 2014 classes for Hofstra, the 2015 class had (5) TG girls and the 2014 class had (7) girls. So far only (1) girls is not on the roster. so out of (12) girls only one has left. Wow, they are leaving in droves.

There are so many reasons why kids leave a program. Many times it is the amount of work as others have stated, sometimes it is being homesick, and others just decide they are done. For all we know maybe this young lady is hurt or ineligible right now?

By the way in those two years they also recruited (12) girls from outside TG and LI. So far (2) of them have left the program. So if I recruited (24) girls and only (3) left, I think those are good stats. Many of you keyboard cowboys would be amazed at the number of girls/boys who leave D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One from TG.

So if you go back to the 2015 & 2014 classes for Hofstra, the 2015 class had (5) TG girls and the 2014 class had (7) girls. So far only (1) girls is not on the roster. so out of (12) girls only one has left. Wow, they are leaving in droves.

There are so many reasons why kids leave a program. Many times it is the amount of work as others have stated, sometimes it is being homesick, and others just decide they are done. For all we know maybe this young lady is hurt or ineligible right now?

By the way in those two years they also recruited (12) girls from outside TG and LI. So far (2) of them have left the program. So if I recruited (24) girls and only (3) left, I think those are good stats. Many of you keyboard cowboys would be amazed at the number of girls/boys who leave D1 programs.

Nice to see someone come to board with stats and not some troll opinion we typically get here. Nice job

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns program has lost alot of talented due to poor jugment on their part. They really never eval at practice or tournaments.Not even the world class coaching is asked if any girl or girls have improved over the summer tour. this was one reason why we moved on 2yrs ago . We couldn't take the chance on having my child being eval by how much money or how many girls I can bring in from one town . its terrible how this business is run. started off good and seems like its going down real fast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay this is a legitimate question. what makes the coaching better at yj? knowledge of the game, or personality? do they also have college aged coaches? or all adults. in some ways I wonder if college age can be appositive, as they are current players and know whats expected. but I can also see the negative as in lack of caring etc
The Top Guns program has lost alot of talented due to poor jugment on their part. They really never eval at practice or tournaments.Not even the world class coaching is asked if any girl or girls have improved over the summer tour. this was one reason why we moved on 2yrs ago . We couldn't take the chance on having my child being eval by how much money or how many girls I can bring in from one town . its terrible how this business is run. started off good and seems like its going down real fast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no not Mrs Cleaver. Just an adult with a life, that doesn't need to throw insults. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
okay this is a legitimate question. what makes the coaching better at yj? knowledge of the game, or personality? do they also have college aged coaches? or all adults. in some ways I wonder if college age can be appositive, as they are current players and know whats expected. but I can also see the negative as in lack of caring etc

From my experience, having a college coach is great for connecting with kids, for them to have someone to look up to and bringing up to date drills, ect. The biggest problem I encountered was the off season (they are not there), communication (lack of organization) and many times they get a real job after graduating and move on, leaving the team starting over with a new coach. This was what happened to my one daughter.
Having an "adult" or established coach with a college assistant, gives the team stability in the off season, usually good communication and organization. During the recruiting years, your daughter will have a proven advocate that has a prior track record of placing girls in schools (since they are HS coaches or have other older travel teams). The college assistant helps run practice (and coach when the head coach can't be there, if the head coach has multiple teams, which is sometimes an issue). But they are usually with the team for years, providing stability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. That was very helpful answer which is something you don't get on this site very often LOL Thus far my daughters experience with Hopkins has been very positive but she's getting to that point that recruiting is becoming important and I'm a little nervous to be honest Leaving isn't always the best option because the grass isn't always greener on the other side so I wonder do we stick it out with SS and hope that she gets looks based on her talent. very stressful

From my experience, having a college coach is great for connecting with kids, for them to have someone to look up to and bringing up to date drills, ect. The biggest problem I encountered was the off season (they are not there), communication (lack of organization) and many times they get a real job after graduating and move on, leaving the team starting over with a new coach. This was what happened to my one daughter.
Having an "adult" or established coach with a college assistant, gives the team stability in the off season, usually good communication and organization. During the recruiting years, your daughter will have a proven advocate that has a prior track record of placing girls in schools (since they are HS coaches or have other older travel teams). The college assistant helps run practice (and coach when the head coach can't be there, if the head coach has multiple teams, which is sometimes an issue). But they are usually with the team for years, providing stability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top guns not hopkins
Thank you. That was very helpful answer which is something you don't get on this site very often LOL Thus far my daughters experience with Hopkins has been very positive but she's getting to that point that recruiting is becoming important and I'm a little nervous to be honest Leaving isn't always the best option because the grass isn't always greener on the other side so I wonder do we stick it out with SS and hope that she gets looks based on her talent. very stressful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will get very little attention at TG from a recruiting point of view and developmentally depending on the age of your daughter (the younger the worse off she will be), will get only a fraction of coaching development that she would get from some of the other options. Especially now that SS has officially stepped away from coaching TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is all of this talk of SS stepping away from TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are all you 2020 blacks excited with your new West Islip PAL coach?? Heard he was tapped for the job to replace SS.. Pretty interesting to see you all scrambling. Good luck with that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't believe all of what you read on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are all you 2020 blacks excited with your new West Islip PAL coach?? Heard he was tapped for the job to replace SS.. Pretty interesting to see you all scrambling. Good luck with that!

It MUST be true - it's here on the back of the cage!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That's funny because I am the West Islip PAL coach you are speaking about. I am not coaching or have I ever been asked to coach any TG team. I hope that clears things up for you.
Jim Lang

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kidsgame

That's funny because I am the West Islip PAL coach you are speaking about. I am not coaching or have I ever been asked to coach any TG team. I hope that clears things up for you.
Jim Lang

Well thank goodness, that would have been a disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What is all of this talk of SS stepping away from TG?

Jim Lang [/quo
te]

I heard he was going to be the Hostra new assistant coach next year!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Jim Lang

You ain't kidding!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ lemmings are now making stuff up in their continual effort to dismantle TG and SS. Not a surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of the kids would probably come back if he were the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[thats funny !! quote=kidsgame]

Jim Lang

You ain't kidding! [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happens to be a good coach. Couldn't be worse than the "world class" texters wearing flip flops

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ lemmings are now making stuff up in their continual effort to dismantle TG and SS. Not a surprise.

No offense but TG was dismantled about a year or two ago by the queen bee herself. The club is pretty much a joke at this point unless you want to go to Hofstra or Towson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense but TG was dismantled about a year or two ago by the queen bee herself. The club is pretty much a joke at this point unless you want to go to Hofstra or Towson.

Is that you West Hampton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happens to be a good coach. Couldn't be worse than the "world class" texters wearing flip flops

Why no love for flip flops. Perhaps you didn't notice but 90% of the college coaches will be wearing flip flops this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Watch out for flying flip flops from 2021 moms!! LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flying flip flops from 2021 moms? I don't get it. Please enlighten me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westhampton is one word.

Like Reply Quote
Page 179 of 220 1 2 177 178 179 180 181 219 220
Quick Reply