BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 66 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Looneys didn't really show that well at 3D. May have gotten some write ups but were baked in. [/quote]

Sounds like some jealousy rearing its ugly head. Statement from 3D staff on Looney's 2020 team:
"3drisingImpressed with the Looney's Lacrosse Club and the young players they brought down to #3dBlueChip. A bunch of skilled, tough, smart players who have a lot of fun on the field" Some just can't stand to see others get a positive review. These kinds of statements were made frequently during the three days at 3D,the 3D staff were impressed with this team and several players on this team as strong outstanding youth lax players. Why adults find it necessary to trash a youth team is beyond me. And it has nothing to do with the statement about the "announcer", that is just pure BS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's have had 3 very good teams, and two of them are done. They folded two teams and told those kids to find a new home.

Rest of the club is crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looney's have had 3 very good teams, and two of them are done. They folded two teams and told those kids to find a new home.

2020 and 2023 Orange both very good teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, yours just happens to be very misguided and wrong. This club is strong, with 10 teams from 2019 to 2025 and their are 2 2020 teams, 2 2023 and 2 2024. Doesn't appear to be, using your word, crap. They also placed three players from this organization on the U 19 US Team. Didn't see any other club from this area do that. Why display negativity on a youth lacrosse team/organization and their players. You may need to find other things to do with your time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's where Ground Control got their 2018 & 2017 players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello Looney's hater. This is the 1st time you've acknowledged a 3rd successful Looney's team. Can we assume you'll be scouting the 2023-2025 teams this spring and report back as whether the are crap or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has great wings and potato skins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Good grief, is that the best you have? You better go back and get more. This has been heard so many times it's getting really old. Play your cards right and maybe you can get a janitor job at one of their locations. I'm sure this will raise your position in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do and everyone should appreciate all these businesses do to support lacrosse. Greene Turtle, Koopers, Looneys, and Buffalo Wild Wings are using their promotional dollars to support kids in our area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has to be either a dad or a player from the 2017, 2018 or 2019 Looney's team. If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at FCA. The creation of FCA had a severe impact on Looney's and Greene Turtle at those age groups. All of the kids that were displaced (with the possible exception of you) found new teams and moved on. The younger Looney's teams are all quite good and will likely beat their FCA counterparts in the coming years. Revenge is a dish better served cold.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The awfulness of Looney's 2017 and 2018 had nothing to do with FCA. Those teams were bad from the get go.

The termination of those teams and displacement of the kids/families rest solely with the people who run Looney's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it is a 6th grade Fallston Rec coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact is on the 2017 and 2018. Fca hurt those years for sure. The club made a run of it for two years after the fca thing happened but fielded very mediocre teams in those years to do the right thing for the kids who stayed after the fca event. Kids on those teams lost interest (result of them getting cut from their high school teams, realizing they weren't going to play at a high level, cost, travel, etc) and both teams had a real hard time getting kids to show up for summer tourneys where they have to pay decent money. Tryout numbers were also very low as kids were no longer interested. The club made one last attempt to have a combo 2017/2018 team but the parents weren't interested. The teams went elsewhere at that point. Most kids that wanted to keep playing landed at the turtle and other places. Others probably were displaced without a home. The club did everything they could to help but this situation was a tough one and if the numbers aren't there what can you do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The awfulness of Looney's 2017 and 2018 had nothing to do with FCA. Those teams were bad from the get go.

The termination of those teams and displacement of the kids/families rest solely with the people who run Looney's.

Sorry FCA dad, you don't know what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Looneys didn't really show that well at 3D. May have gotten some write ups but were baked in.

Sounds like some jealousy rearing its ugly head. Statement from 3D staff on Looney's 2020 team:
"3drisingImpressed with the Looney's Lacrosse Club and the young players they brought down to #3dBlueChip. A bunch of skilled, tough, smart players who have a lot of fun on the field" Some just can't stand to see others get a positive review. These kinds of statements were made frequently during the three days at 3D,the 3D staff were impressed with this team and several players on this team as strong outstanding youth lax players. Why adults find it necessary to trash a youth team is beyond me. And it has nothing to do with the statement about the "announcer", that is just pure BS. [/quote]

Not taking anything away from the boys, as some did show well. The problem is there is a perceived conflict of interest. Having the boys bused down to FL, and having the Looney's coach a team screams foul.

If it was a Crabs coach, or 91, etc. everyone would raise the same flags.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Looneys didn't really show that well at 3D. May have gotten some write ups but were baked in.

"3drisingImpressed with the Looney's Lacrosse Club and the young players they brought down to #3dBlueChip. A bunch of skilled, tough, smart players who have a lot of fun on the field" Some just can't stand to see others get a positive review. These kinds of statements were made frequently during the three days at 3D,the 3D staff were impressed with this team and several players on this team as strong outstanding youth lax players. Why adults find it necessary to trash a youth team is beyond me. And it has nothing to do with the statement about the "announcer", that is just pure BS.

Not taking anything away from the boys, as some did show well. The problem is there is a perceived conflict of interest. Having the boys bused down to FL, and having the Looney's coach a team screams foul.

If it was a Crabs coach, or 91, etc. everyone would raise the same flags. [/quote]

Don't see anything wrong with a Looney's coach or any other club coach coaching a team. Not that many of Looney's players were on that team, they were spread out on other teams and also the Looney's coach had absolutely nothing to do with the evaluation process. If Crabs or 91 or anyone else did the same thing I would have no problem with that, as long as the coach was outside of the evaluation process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakes 2020 were raided by 91 MD 2020, and they didn't collapse the team.

Says a lot about the Looney's organization. Not surprising when you see how those parents behave, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there is nothing wrong with the Looneys dropping the 17 & 18 teams. This is a business and they couldn't offer a value proposition at those age levels. With more teams coming in to the area (3D and 91) teams will be more dilution among all teams. My guess is no club will be strong at all age brackets. One year it could be Greene Turtle, one year FCA and one year Crabs. Parents and players have to do what they think is right for themselves. It isn't a question of loyalty but rather reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says a lot about the Looney's organization. Not surprising when you see how those parents behave, though.

Breakers 2020 for 2016 is a very weak team, 91 left very little for Breakers to build on. Says absolutely nothing about the Looney's organization. What club are you associated with? Bet you others could crash those parents. Seems like sour grapes on your part, go grind your ax elsewhere. You need to read the above reply's to see what the h*ll is going on rather than come on here, hide behind your computer and make nasty statements about people you probably have never seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"3drisingImpressed with the Looney's Lacrosse Club and the young players they brought down to #3dBlueChip. A bunch of skilled, tough, smart players who have a lot of fun on the field" Some just can't stand to see others get a positive review. These kinds of statements were made frequently during the three days at 3D,the 3D staff were impressed with this team and several players on this team as strong outstanding youth lax players. Why adults find it necessary to trash a youth team is beyond me. And it has nothing to do with the statement about the "announcer", that is just pure BS. [/qu.

When Looneys was at 3d the top players in the country were at IMG while they were in LarryMiller so that is part of their "showing"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right taking money from parents and telling them the team will be competitive isn't wrong, only that the teams aren't competitive and the teams were formed for the sole purpose of collecting money to pad Breakers pockets.

I would rather a club say, we aren't going to have a team this year because we suck and can't keep a game within 10 goals! Save your money, play rec ball or move onto a smaller club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"3drisingImpressed with the Looney's Lacrosse Club and the young players they brought down to #3dBlueChip. A bunch of skilled, tough, smart players who have a lot of fun on the field" Some just can't stand to see others get a positive review. These kinds of statements were made frequently during the three days at 3D,the 3D staff were impressed with this team and several players on this team as strong outstanding youth lax players. Why adults find it necessary to trash a youth team is beyond me. And it has nothing to do with the statement about the "announcer", that is just pure BS. [/qu.

When Looneys was at 3d the top players in the country were at IMG while they were in LarryMiller so that is part of their "showing"

From everything I heard the Crabs/NLF deal in Florida in January was a complete nightmare, many complaints about players playing time, having 12 to 15 middies on each team etc etc. Just another money grab for the Crabs/NLF organization. This was their first year doing this, so given the bad reviews it may be their last year for this cluster f***k for Crabs/NLF or at best just have the players from the six member clubs attend. Are you in a position to say that the top players in the country were at IMG. I seriously doubt you are. The IMG thing is just another large money grab/promotion by the members of NLF trying to convenience parents/players that they are the best. Far from it, do you think there are not equal or better players at other clubs than the 6 that formed NLF. Of course there are. So where did the IMG players get their "showing" from Ty Xanders? You seem to be the type of individual who just can't stand to see other clubs/organizations/players get deserved recognition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup that would send a great message. You are not the best so see yah! It would take someone with balls and guts to try to take those teams somewhere. Not every team or kid is AA. Your smoke and mirrors lacrosse is a joke just talk to any real college lax coach. You run around Maryland strutting your stuff. I would be in fear that your little private school holdback is gonna get beat out by some kid from some unknown place. They are out there and coming for you. Ask Cam Newton got his arrogance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup that would send a great message. You are not the best so see yah! It would take someone with balls and guts to try to take those teams somewhere. Not every team or kid is AA. Your smoke and mirrors lacrosse is a joke just talk to any real college lax coach. You run around Maryland strutting your stuff. I would be in fear that your little private school holdback is gonna get beat out by some kid from some unknown place. They are out there and coming for you. Ask Cam Newton got his arrogance

Quote who you are talking to, you sound like a typical uneducated LI mongoose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's strong island mongoose to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the Crabs field great trams every year. I've never heard of them dropping an entire team, let alone two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the Crabs field great trams every year. I've never heard of them dropping an entire team, let alone two.
. First, Crabs fields overage/holdback teams. They are well known for abusing the spirit of grade base youth lacrosse. They have boatloads of holdbacks, even some double holdbacks. No one respects them in the youth lacrosse community yet you post how great they are. I'm guessing you are a Crabs parent, just as pathetic as the organization. But the only thing you are correct about is they would never drop a team, regardless of their talent, because their leader would never give up the money he could get from misinformed parents/players. So your post on here just further demonstrates how disrespectful you are regarding youth lacrosse. Keep the cash flowing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is the same. You all dig deep into some of the wealthy parents to help fund your travels. Only to promise nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Looney's patent, but I commend them for dropping those row teams. I don't know anything about those particular teams but most clubs make appr $45,000 per teams for kids those age at the level that Looney's competes at. Looney's gave up $90,000 rather than take money for parents and put out a sub-par product for those two years. If I was one of the parents I would be fine with that, there are PLENTY of other clubs out there and as long as a kid can catch and throw he will be able to find a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is the same. You all dig deep into some of the wealthy parents to help fund your travels. Only to promise nothing.
. You have no clue what the h*ll you are talking about. Go watch the leader of Crabs do his thing to get into everyone's wallet. Besides being the master cheat of youth lacrosse he also is the master thief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's teams average about $1200-1300/yr. Some are more if they do more tournaments or build in swag. You can't make money at those rates even though it's a lot for youth sports. It's a nonprofit so the question of whether to field any particular team is not motivated by profit. They don't run tournaments either so nobody is making $ unless they are a non parent coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. First, Crabs fields overage/holdback teams. They are well known for abusing the spirit of grade base youth lacrosse. They have boatloads of holdbacks, even some double holdbacks. No one respects them in the youth lacrosse community yet you post how great they are. I'm guessing you are a Crabs parent, just as pathetic as the organization. But the only thing you are correct about is they would never drop a team, regardless of their talent, because their leader would never give up the money he could get from misinformed parents/players. So your post on here just further demonstrates how disrespectful you are regarding youth lacrosse. Keep the cash flowing.

I'm not a Crabs parent, but my kids played against the Crabs all the time when youth ball was just aged based, and the Crabs teams were always excellent.

Single them out (even though everyone has holdbacks now), but they always field great teams because great players want to play for them. Saying otherwise is just sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a Crabs parent, but my kids played against the Crabs all the time when youth ball was just aged based, and the Crabs teams were always excellent.

Single them out (even though everyone has holdbacks now), but they always field great teams because great players want to play for them. Saying otherwise is just sour grapes.

Without their holdbacks, they are just another good AA team -beach lax and Denver prove that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had a one U13 and one U15 besides HS teams. They generally had some very good AGE based teams at youth level. Their HS teams were grade base as they should have been and still are.
Ryan always put out that holding your player back was good.And encoraged his HS team on with holdbacks. But it only effected his HS teams. Most other teams and parents didnt complain because it was HS...He is now able to do the same thing at YOUTH level and many think it is wrong. Including me.
I think he is only concerned about himself and organization and not what is better for the game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Looney's patent, but I commend them for dropping those row teams. I don't know anything about those particular teams but most clubs make appr $45,000 per teams for kids those age at the level that Looney's competes at. Looney's gave up $90,000 rather than take money for parents and put out a sub-par product for those two years. If I was one of the parents I would be fine with that, there are PLENTY of other clubs out there and as long as a kid can catch and throw he will be able to find a team.

Totally disagree. If the kids wanted to play together then they should be put in tournaments they will be competitive in. Do not go to tournaments to win or put your team in the Varsity A to get crushed. The boys and family could have still enjoyed the game of lacrosse. Wait until you go to the HS tournaments and you have a group of 17 year old kids playing JV A. LOL. It happens. HS tournaments have JV B, JV A, HS B, HS A, and some have HS AA. There is a place for any team that wants to enjoy the great sport of LAX. We played HS B last year with a group of Sophomores against a team of U19 from the Midwest. They were big but no stick work. HS B was fine for them and for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally disagree. If the kids wanted to play together then they should be put in tournaments they will be competitive in. Do not go to tournaments to win or put your team in the Varsity A to get crushed. The boys and family could have still enjoyed the game of lacrosse. Wait until you go to the HS tournaments and you have a group of 17 year old kids playing JV A. LOL. It happens. HS tournaments have JV B, JV A, HS B, HS A, and some have HS AA. There is a place for any team that wants to enjoy the great sport of LAX. We played HS B last year with a group of Sophomores against a team of U19 from the Midwest. They were big but no stick work. HS B was fine for them and for us.

Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks, 91..etc, do you honestly think their top teams will play in competition like stated above? They are the top programs in the area and if they can't compete in the top brackets they most Limey won't have a team. These clubs are protecting their brand by doing so. Ther are plenty of other clubs in the area that will take your money and put a non-competitive team together, these clubs will not. People can complain all they want about what happened with the two Looney's teams, but it was the proper thing to do to protect their brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think a club makes money on having a team your crazy. Summer Dues do not make you money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think a club makes money on having a team your crazy. Summer Dues do not make you money.

Well lets do some math. $1500 for the summer season. 3 or 4 tournaments. 22 to 26 players on the team. So this is around $36000 coming into the team. Ok so what is the price to enter a team into a tournament? $2400 or is this to much $. But lets roll with it. SO with 4 tournaments at $2400 a tournament it comes to $9600. So after you pay for the tournaments you are left with give or take $26400. I would call this a profit. Feel free to argue with these numbers and please try to find where the $26400 goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well lets do some math. $1500 for the summer season. 3 or 4 tournaments. 22 to 26 players on the team. So this is around $36000 coming into the team. Ok so what is the price to enter a team into a tournament? $2400 or is this to much $. But lets roll with it. SO with 4 tournaments at $2400 a tournament it comes to $9600. So after you pay for the tournaments you are left with give or take $26400. I would call this a profit. Feel free to argue with these numbers and please try to find where the $26400 goes.

Aloha tournaments seem to avg. $1500 to $1900. So please inform where there is no profit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are other costs. Field rentals being the biggest cost. The only clubs that make money on their club teams in maryland are the ones that force their teams to play in their own events. Breakers, hawks, mad lax, etc. 91 md makes money due to what they charge

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 66 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard