BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right questioning that. Because you have to be 6 foot now in order to be good and play division 1 lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't put down Hofstra academics to much, Bobby Axelrod graduated from Hofstra and look at him now.

So did Bernie Madoff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right questioning that. Because you have to be 6 foot now in order to be good and play division 1 lacrosse.

Is Matt Kavanaugh 6 foot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are always exceptions. If you are shorter than 5'9 your skills have to be that much better to be an impact player. Is your son the next Matt Kavanaugh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Vestal Chaminade?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are always exceptions. If you are shorter than 5'9 your skills have to be that much better to be an impact player. Is your son the next Matt Kavanaugh?

Sanky,Matheis,Donohue, Cannizarro etc....There are plenty of kids who are great who are 5'9" and under! If you can play it you will find a spot! Sports is all about match ups! As great as JJ Watt is he would have a tough time covering Wes Welker or Darre Sproles!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only know Tierney kid, and believe me you will eat
Your words big time, the kid works is [lacrosse] off and can
Play.will be all American this year for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do some research before you talk nonsense........Just for example, Duke currently has 17 players listed on their roster under 6ft tall, so I guess they arent good, Duke just took them because they wanted to be nice to short kids? Notre Dame has 16 under 6ft. Cuse has a 5'9 pole starting this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Vestal Chaminade?

Nobody said Vestal is Chaminade, but Vestal is a solid program that plays in a solid section in Upstate NY.

Is Chaminade Boys Latin? Or Haverford for that matter? I think not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will not be that way for long. As more athletes enter the system the bigger young men will prevail.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it will not be that way for long. As more athletes enter the system the bigger young men will prevail.

Victor will beat all the long island teams and be state Champions again. The difference is they go out and play lacrosse, not whine on botc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Vestal Chaminade?

Nobody said Vestal is Chaminade, but Vestal is a solid program that plays in a solid section in Upstate NY.

Chaminade is coming off a relatively unimpressive year, and is still ranked ahead of Boys' Latin in the preseason rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is Vestal Chaminade?

Chaminade is coming off a relatively unimpressive year, and is still ranked ahead of Boys' Latin in the preseason rankings.

Boys Latin isn't going to be that good this year. 5th or 6th in MIAA. By the way, where do you think that many of those re-class holdbacks go? BL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was sarcastic about me saying you have to be 6 ft in order to play. Best attackman are still the small guys and will continue. But it does seem these college coaches want size now. I know a few 2019 attack who are small and can bring it but the bigger kids are getting the looks. Maybe because they are physically more mature right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the College Lax Thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra does an absolutely horrible job recruiting. I think too many favors for undeserving "connected" athletes are catching up to them. Not trying to take anything away from some of the fine athletes that they recruited. I would knock them down the list a bit. Don't see anything changing this year or anytime soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Lacrosse and the people that play it are changing. I believe in the next 10 years we will see bigger kids playing and being recruited. There will always be the exceptions but size is coming with more and more kids playing. Most teams would rather have a bigger fast guy than a smaller fast guy. Hopefully I am wrong as we need a sport for the 5 ft 10 and under white guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Lacrosse and the people that play it are changing. I believe in the next 10 years we will see bigger kids playing and being recruited. There will always be the exceptions but size is coming with more and more kids playing. Most teams would rather have a bigger fast guy than a smaller fast guy. Hopefully I am wrong as we need a sport for the 5 ft 10 and under white guy.

It's called D3, and the shorter kid will have a better education and job.
The top D3 schools are great lax programs and can beat a lot of the mid to lower D1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your talking middie and defense, yes. All other positions are about skill level and size is not as important provided you are performing. That means scoring, goals, winning face offs, saving goals. Even the NFL and NBA will have shorter skilled players on the roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your talking middie and defense, yes. All other positions are about skill level and size is not as important provided you are performing. That means scoring, goals, winning face offs, saving goals. Even the NFL and NBA will have shorter skilled players on the roster.

You think a face off guy can be smaller? Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a former D1 all American defenseman you couldn't be more wrong. There will always be a spot for the small quick players. Extremely hard to cover. On the other hand the big quick guys are much easier. And I was a big quick player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello??? Ever hear of Trevor Baptiste?? #1 guy in the NCAA as a Freshman. He's 5'9"'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

youth lacrosse is moved from town/pal/rec to club. The cost of participation in advanced youth lacrosse went from $100-200/yr to $1000-$2000/yr and up. This alone will keep the 5'10 in play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hello??? Ever hear of Trevor Baptiste?? #1 guy in the NCAA as a Freshman. He's 5'9"'

Built like a brick s-house. Legs like tree trunks! Not a small guy at all.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
75% of future FOGOs will have a wrestling background...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and he's 5'9" and dominant. As a matter of fact 11 players on Denver roster are 5'9" Or under. 2 of which are clear game changers directory contributimg to the NCAA championship. Seems like the small guys aren't going anywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baptiste is not small! Sorry! Short but not small. Small guys are going the way of the dinosaur. Unfortunately as so many of you know already, size does matter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's 5-9, 215. The dumbest people are the ones that think they're smart but are really morons. The original comment was about a 5-9 150 attackman who happens to be the coaches son. Please try and focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes but how many 5' 9" guys are listed as 6'. Size inflation happens all the time. I met Doug Flutie who was listed as 5'9" but if he was 5' 6", I would be surprised. Depends on how far they can stretch it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing a good coach will care about (regarding lacrosse) is:

"Can the kid play?". By that I mean does he get the job done?

If you are undersized you better be really good. If you are slow you better be able to do something better than everyone else.

Coaches look at a lot of things. IQ, character, skill, work ethic, attitude, passion, coachability, athleticism, Size, speed, competitiveness, etc...

At the end of the day the kids that will play are the ones who get the job done and have now off field setbacks.

If your kid is 5' 9'' and really good he will be fine. If your kid is 6' 2'' with big muscles, slow feet, weak skills and a poor attitude he better find another sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing a good coach will care about (regarding lacrosse) is:

"Can the kid play?". By that I mean does he get the job done?

If you are undersized you better be really good. If you are slow you better be able to do something better than everyone else.

Coaches look at a lot of things. IQ, character, skill, work ethic, attitude, passion, coachability, athleticism, Size, speed, competitiveness, etc...

At the end of the day the kids that will play are the ones who get the job done and have now off field setbacks.

If your kid is 5' 9'' and really good he will be fine. If your kid is 6' 2'' with big muscles, slow feet, weak skills and a poor attitude he better find another sport.

spot on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know one ivy kid listed as 5 8"
Who is no more than 5'4
On a lousy team but why lie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is no more than 5'4

Ha, every single team lies.

I was a 5'11" 170-ish kid who was listed at 6'1" 190 lbs for my entire time in college (Ivy). Everyone knows the stats are bogus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baptiste is not small! Sorry! Short but not small. Small guys are going the way of the dinosaur. Unfortunately as so many of you know already, size does matter!

Baptiste is small, short! He is 5'9" . He is good cause he's strong and quick. Short guys can excell, that's what the point is! Stop trying to spin facts! HEIGHT does not matter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connor Cannizzaro 5'9" 175, hardly a "beast" yet a top producer. Stop your rediculus height argument its old like you#

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baptiste is small, short! He is 5'9" . He is good cause he's strong and quick. Short guys can excell, that's what the point is! Stop trying to spin facts! HEIGHT does not matter!

He is 215 pounds and a FOGO. Stop trying to make the comparison to an 150 pound attackman. Oh and obviously you didn't attend Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is 215 pounds and a FOGO. Stop trying to make the comparison to an 150 pound attackman. Oh and obviously you didn't attend Chaminade.

lol wat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He not good because he weighs 215. That is actually a little too heavy, too bulky. He's good because of his speed. At 5'9, I'm surprised he can be that quick with that bulk. 200 would seem like a good stroganoff weight to be at that height. He has a thick build. The original comments suggested that shorter guys could not possibly excell at the x. I've seen plenty that do. Somehow it may help to have a lower sense of gravity. Tall guys do well to though. It comes down to hand speed and explosive strength . It is interesting that Denver is such a successful team with so many shorter kids on the roster. They have a big one vs. Duke today. Will be an interesting fogo match between two real good ones. Rowe is 6'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is no more than 5'4

A former D1 college coach told me directly that they inflate the kids stats based on how tall they are in full gear, cleats and helmets. Cleats and helmets add two inches at the very least.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at pannel. Palasek, Sankey Wolfe , bitter. Kavanaugh, matheis, All 5 foot 9 at best.

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard