BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can I ask you a question? Why are you so worried about elevate 2021? I'm not concerned on winning every game. Don't need to pump my chest around. It's not about that. They are in 7th grade. Is your daughter getting better? Does she like her teammates? Is she having fun? Stop living through your kid. I have been there and done it. I played a sport in college. You probably sat on the bench or never even played a sport.

You started off strong, and then went kooky.

You proudly boast that you don't need to pump your chest around, yet somehow you manage to slip in how you've "been there, done that", and you also find a way to note that you played a sport in college. Then, in an effort to secure your place as a posting legend, you end the retort by insulting your apparent nemesis, by suggesting your adversary "sat on the bench" or (the shame!) never even played a sport.

Thanks for not "pumping your chest around".

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My thoughts are this, They have a dedicated Director, some of the best coaches known, they practice throughout the year to develop skills and team work, they are reliable with communications and schedule. Very organized club with dedicated fields. It doesn't seem like they are any less focused on the girls program. It may not right now get as many media plugs, but the program for girls runs just like the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My thoughts are this, They have a dedicated Director, some of the best coaches known, they practice throughout the year to develop skills and team work, they are reliable with communications and schedule. Very organized club with dedicated fields. It doesn't seem like they are any less focused on the girls program. It may not right now get as many media plugs, but the program for girls runs just like the boys.

It would be great to see them succed plus folks in Nassau could use a competive program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry about us. We will be fine. Worry about your own team. And why will gap be even larger?

So did many A team girls walk last year or is that someone trying to stir the pot?

top 4 girls went to igloo. Others tried out at Yj but made the 3rd team so came back.

Why would top A team girls go to a startup? Seems like a step back to me. We are kinda stuck where we are at, already paid 50% but looking for options for 2017. Considering TG or Elevate. Kid is a solid b-b+ player. Not Interested in YJ.

Any igloo folks out there care to comment on their thoughts so far?

All the top Elevate girls left. Many, but not all went to Igloo. The Elevate Director left and went to Igloo as well. She coaches a strong HS team on the North Shore of LI. I think that Igloo will be attracting top talent over the next few years. I would NOT waste your time with Elevate. If people think a lot of kids and coaches jumped ship this year, wait until next year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact is that the pool of players is definitely contracting vs 2 or 3 years ago. Far less teams in every age group and some of the start up clubs have faded away or merged. Its going back to the way it was 5-10 years ago where only the motivated parents are signing up. Lots of parents of B and C players have said why I am driving to MD every summer weekend to play on a 3rd or 4th team while paying the same as the 1st/A team to get crushed. These clubs were untruthful about the prospects of these B and C players and parents have smartened up. Put the money into tutors and a 529 plan.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You
Don't worry about us. We will be fine. Worry about your own team. And why will gap be even larger?

So did many A team girls walk last year or is that someone trying to stir the pot?

top 4 girls went to igloo. Others tried out at Yj but made the 3rd team so came back.

Why would top A team girls go to a startup? Seems like a step back to me. We are kinda stuck where we are at, already paid 50% but looking for options for 2017. Considering TG or Elevate. Kid is a solid b-b+ player. Not Interested in YJ.

All the top Elevate girls left. Many, but not all went to Igloo. The Elevate Director left and went to Igloo as well. She coaches a strong HS team on the North Shore of LI. I think that Igloo will be attracting top talent over the next few years. I would NOT waste your time with Elevate. If people think a lot of kids and coaches jumped ship this year, wait until next year!

Elevate picked up some YJ girls to fill those spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You

Elevate picked up some YJ girls to fill those spots.

Aren't the girls who came from YJ the same girls who did not make the blue team. Girls who left Elevate were good and so are the girls who came to Elevate. I would say that's a pretty even trade off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one

They only picked up one girl?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has had tremendous turnover in ALL agree groups. You will see them struggle against B teams this summer. I think their best days are behind them. Just a matter of time until the façade shows its true colors and crumbles.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree A players left elevate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you seem to be in the know, please tell us how many girls walked from the A team last year? You either know it or just someone trying to stir the pot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stirring the pot?..on this site?....no way...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So defensive Dave

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since you seem to be in the know, please tell us how many girls walked from the A team last year? You either know it or just someone trying to stir the pot!

Three of the top 5 girls left Elevate for Igloo and that is a huge impact on that team since the drop off after the top four girls are dramatic. On top of that, since so many kids left, kids that were on the 2nd team were asked to move up after tryouts and at least 3 of those kids left for other clubs. Don't take my word for it, they will struggle this summer. The proof will be on the field. My guess/hope is that they play in B brackets as they can not compete with the likes of MD, TLC, Heros, YJ, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three of the top 5 girls left Elevate for Igloo and that is a huge impact on that team since the drop off after the top four girls are dramatic. On top of that, since so many kids left, kids that were on the 2nd team were asked to move up after tryouts and at least 3 of those kids left for other clubs. Don't take my word for it, they will struggle this summer. The proof will be on the field. My guess/hope is that they play in B brackets as they can not compete with the likes of MD, TLC, Heros, YJ, etc.

They couldn't compete with M&D ,YJ or Heros before the girls left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow bunch of tough guy parents coming on here talking smack about 12 and 13 yr old girls. Get a life. Not right doing this against those girls. I'm sure this is a parent who left. Because I know you think your daughter was all that. Maybe pass the ball to other girls beside her friends. Team game this is. Saying drop off is dramatic. I'm glad you guys now left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem they are criticizing the players but rather the program for this age group on this team. However the top players did leave for a start up program - apparently due to the coaching they were receiving was sub standard. Dave is a great coach but can't coach every team. The coach for this team is apparently weak and has made the team a PAL team with players primarily from one town. Probably another reason those players left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The club can't compete with those clubs you mentioned across all the age groups, not just 2021. Elevate is a second level club, nothing wrong with that at all, so long as the consumers know and recognize that, and accept that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"The club can't compete with those clubs you mentioned across all the age groups, not just 2021. Elevate is a second level club, nothing wrong with that at all, so long as the consumers know and recognize that, and accept that".[/quote]

could you enlighten the rest of us plebes as to who else you consider "second level" program(s)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny they seemed to be friends with the coach. Especially three of the girls who left. And another thing they are criticizing the girls. Saying they won't be good because we left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This really shows your ignorance. The program is just weak in this bracket. Other years including 2017 are strong. can other grades compete effectively to sly with other programs? Absolutely - they have shown that as a team and as players with many players recruited for good programs. That demonstrates success as a program. Unfortunately this group has fallen through the cracks but it doesn't spoil every other class. As the commenter mentioned, enliven us with some data to back up your claim since it rings hollow (and ignorant) as currently written.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TE has a good 2017 group, 2018s beat M&D in Florida, 2020s are very good, 2022 and 2023 are both very strong.

Most important thing is that both of my daughters both have a lot of fun and learn a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really seems you have an axe to grind with the 2021 age group. It obvious with your statements you stalk 12 yr old girls on how good or bad they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to YJ and TG by one goal last year at ND, not sure I would classify that as not able to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost to YJ and TG by one goal last year at ND, not sure I would classify that as not able to compete.

Elevate took girls from C and put them on A to fill the gaps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate took girls from C and put them on A to fill the gaps

Why so bitter? You moved to a startup that will never travel off LI. You will beat up on crappy town teams all summer and believe you are now unbeatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ and M&D clearly sit atop, looks like Elevate must be third, a mere one goal underdog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow bunch of tough guy parents coming on here talking smack about 12 and 13 yr old girls. Get a life. Not right doing this against those girls. I'm sure this is a parent who left. Because I know you think your daughter was all that. Maybe pass the ball to other girls beside her friends. Team game this is. Saying drop off is dramatic. I'm glad you guys now left.

What's funny is more than 50% of Igloo is made up of B team players who had no shot and making the A team at their unnamed north shore club. Now you come on here chest pumping and bad mouthing the girls that stayed? Good luck this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate ??? Seriously? From a third rate heros team. Lol. Do they leave the island and play real teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't there supposed to be a girls division for the WSYL this year?

I haven't heard anything either way on this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ and M&D clearly sit atop, looks like Elevate must be third, a mere one goal underdog.

Legacy will be competitive this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was supposed to be. They canceled it back in December.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was supposed to be. They canceled it back in December.

How will they grow the game without the ladies, and Title 9 makes it easy if schools can add mens and womens lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eva King from TLC originally committed to Stanford and made info very public. Now going to Vandy

Natalie Miller M and D is going to UMD

Miller (UMD) and Mona (Towson) were Md United players up until recruiting year.

Also Brindi Griffin UMD

Remember all of these girls still need to gain acceptance into these schools so that may be why there are changes and omissions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eva King from TLC originally committed to Stanford and made info very public. Now going to Vandy

Also Brindi Griffin UMD

Remember all of these girls still need to gain acceptance into these schools so that may be why there are changes and omissions.

I'm not following your post and what point you are making? Are/ were these 7th grade commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also Brindi Griffin UMD

I'm not following your post and what point you are making? Are/ were these 7th grade commits?

and why is BOTC still allowing girls names to be put up here opening them up to all sorts of crazy comments?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Also Brindi Griffin UMD

and why is BOTC still allowing girls names to be put up here opening them up to all sorts of crazy comments?

They are college players. Adults.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh sorry, saw where it said still need to get acceptance to these schools...apologies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh sorry, saw where it said still need to get acceptance to these schools...apologies

No apologies necessary from you.

Not sure why this was posted on the 7th grade forum though. Maybe the OP should apologize.

Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard