BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
last year they changed the schedule so that many of the top teams did not play each other during the year...it meant games against some schools that were pure blowouts. not fun for anyone. this year all the strong teams playing each other during the season...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WM not in the top 20 was not a snub i/m/o-my kid is on that team. The last few years they graduated several all Americans. Those kids were incredible, but now is the time for others to shine-or not...we will see if the team can play as a team and not just a team supporting a couple of all Americans.

Like previous poster said, Suffolk will be a really interesting year because all of the top teams are playing each other. So, northport, sme, smw, sachem N, connetquot and even Commack all have legitimate shot to beat each other up during the regular season (if I didn't mention your school, no disrespect, the teams i listed are the one's I am aware of, others may be just as strong).

I suspect that there will be no undefeated teams in Suffolk this year-which is great for parents watching the games, but probably not great for these rankings...so unlike other poster's opinion, I would not expect three teams in suffolk to be ranked in the top ten (perhaps top 20).

either way, I for one am looking forward to this season as compared to last season. Last season had only a few good games all year until playoffs. This year, all the big lax schools play competitive schedules with very few blow out games...

good luck to all your boys and their schools.

Commack?

Not only that, but the WM makes no mention of West Islip. That's messed up.

Every year we hear the same nonsense. Every year we hear how tough the league is and how any number of teams could win it. The reality is that every year there are only 2, 3 or 4 teams who can win it. That is not a knock it's the same in all of the leagues on the island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't get too hung up on the preseason rankings...Lots of teams not on the initial list play teams on the list...

Suffolk county got very little respect other than sme...lots of good games to be had out in Suffolk this year and suspect by the end of the year, you will have three of those teams in the top ten...

Chammy plays WM early so i expect we will see how they both stack up...

Smithtown East
West Islip
Connetquot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also found it comical that a WM parent is not "aware" of West Islip. Alrighty then!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be referring to Glen Cove, because Garden City is in the playoffs for both Lax and football every year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be referring to Glen Cove, because Garden City is in the playoffs for both Lax and football every year.

So?

Even the most ardent Garden City homers would admit that 2015 was a rough year for lacrosse. 7 losses?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even the most ardent Garden City bashes would admit that between sports and academics Garden City is the best public in Nassau County

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say Pequa close ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow has the lacrosse world changed over the past few years. There are approximately 100 2019 verbal commitments. I would guess 95% have not played a Varsity game.

It looks like every single one of the kids play Club.
There are approximately 30 Clubs represented.
Sweetlax, Laxachussets, Big 4 HHH, and Edge are leading the pack. Express, Madlax, Crabs, 91 and some others are not far behind, all have multiple commits.

About 20 DI Schools have at least one 2019 commit. The usual suspects have as many as 13.

I would guess that 15 - 18 of the current Top 20 have at least one freshman committed and just about all of the Top 30 - 40 schools were actively recruiting the class of 2019 this past summer and fall.

You gotta be in it to win it. Crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow has the lacrosse world changed over the past few years. There are approximately 100 2019 verbal commitments. I would guess 95% have not played a Varsity game.

It looks like every single one of the kids play Club.
There are approximately 30 Clubs represented.
Sweetlax, Laxachussets, Big 4 HHH, and Edge are leading the pack. Express, Madlax, Crabs, 91 and some others are not far behind, all have multiple commits.

About 20 DI Schools have at least one 2019 commit. The usual suspects have as many as 13.

I would guess that 15 - 18 of the current Top 20 have at least one freshman committed and just about all of the Top 30 - 40 schools were actively recruiting the class of 2019 this past summer and fall.

You gotta be in it to win it. Crazy.

And let's hope 70% of them transfer, so the madness will end.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most HS teams only have one goalie per year. Who would want to be a goalie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's one year, look at the last 5-10 to get a better grasp on it. But homer is pretty funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most HS teams only have one goalie per year. Who would want to be a goalie?

the one

a younger one that thinks he will be the one next year

another one that thinks he is good enough to be the one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even the most ardent Garden City bashes would admit that between sports and academics Garden City is the best public in Nassau County

Several GC Juniors poised to make noise this year.
Seniors don't seem too imposing.
Also, 3+ Freshmen and 3+ sophomores on Varsity squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, are you sure? I think Syosset has you beat there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the freshmen will not only make the team but start how scary is that for GC. I guess it pays to have the guy coach them in summer ball..Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say Pequa close ?

Pequa and academics? Am I missing something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who you guys have for Suffolk B? Alot of great talented teams that we know of, and a few on the uprise with potential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who you guys have for Suffolk B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I got dem guys from Commack and den some from Quot. who yooose got?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SWR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like one of the Junior parents in our district.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also found it comical that a WM parent is not "aware" of West Islip. Alrighty then!

Yeah only one of the biggest rivalries in Suffolk A, easy to forget

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI parent--Did the WM poster hurt your feelings?

Last three years has not been any rivalry between these two teams...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the 15 years before that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014- that would be the season before last -no ?
WM beats WI during season 9-8 double OT
WI beats WM 7-5 in semi-final to get to County championship with overachieving team that everybody wrote off. I won't even go into the history between these two teams the last 15 years or so. Actually we get along pretty well with WM fans. Mutual respect thing you probably wouldn't understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the 15 years before that?

Not sure what you mean by saying "Last three years has not been any rivalry between these two teams...".

Personally I do not like looking to the past. I prefer to look at the upcoming season. Maybe look at a year or two as some of the current players were on the teams over the past two years. But, if you want to look at ancient history a more relevant time frame would be five years. Over the past five years WM and WI have played each other seven times.

West Islip has won five of the past seven games. The series is tied at one and one over the past two years. The only game that matters is the next one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Garden City people are funny... or should I say West hempstead, Franklin Square, Mineola New hyde Park people now living in GC are funny. Enjoy your 50x100 and overcrowded HS fields...and looking up at Manhasset again this year. I'd go there or CSH in a second over GC if I still lived on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys sound like my son arguing with his friends about who is better jets or giants. My son is 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with WI person on all points. Apologies for leaving out of my original post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all. I just found the obvious oversight both intentional and hilarious. There will always be a friendly rivalry between these two programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, are you sure about that. I think Syosset has you beat there, in both categories.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, are you sure about that. I think Syosset has you beat there, in both categories.

Except the Garden City parents and players readily say "Please" and "Thank You".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, Middle school parent just pointing out the obvious.
it will be a young but very good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, Middle school parent just pointing out the obvious.
it will be a young but very good team.

GC football has had a lean 3-4 years
GC lax too been below the acceptable levels of years past
the girls in GC have been better of late

Agreed, with Syosset post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except the Garden City parents and players readily say "Please" and "Thank You".

Well, at least there's something GC and Syosset parents can all agree on: they wish they could've afforded Manhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset is great too! I love being able to smell what my neighbor is cooking on his Bar-B-Que and there is such a cosmopolitan feel--like you are in Queens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset is great too! I love being able to smell what my neighbor is cooking on his Bar-B-Que and there is such a cosmopolitan feel--like you are in Queens.

that was flat out funny -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC football was 9-1 in 2015, if that's lean not sure what you consider FAT. But this is a lax discussion, I would ask this, who did GC play last year? Non conference and conference. Out of state and in state? Look it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can a team be competitive without a solid goalie?

Page 5 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard