02/17/16 04:49 PM
02/17/16 04:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares, won't really matter until mid season.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151155
02/17/16 04:55 PM
02/17/16 04:55 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't get too hung up on the preseason rankings...Lots of teams not on the initial list play teams on the list...

Suffolk county got very little respect other than sme...lots of good games to be had out in Suffolk this year and suspect by the end of the year, you will have three of those teams in the top ten...

Chammy plays WM early so i expect we will see how they both stack up...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151169
02/17/16 07:28 PM
02/17/16 07:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
don't get too hung up on the preseason rankings...Lots of teams not on the initial list play teams on the list...

Suffolk county got very little respect other than sme...lots of good games to be had out in Suffolk this year and suspect by the end of the year, you will have three of those teams in the top ten...

They've got West Islip early on the schedule as well.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #151170
02/17/16 07:29 PM
02/17/16 07:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, the preseason is just that, a pediction. And the prediction is that based on prior performance of the team and individual players, Chaminade ranks below some publics. The WM game will be an interesting indicator, as they were not ranked in the top 20. It does matter, of course not to those who were snubbed!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #151184
02/18/16 08:37 AM
02/18/16 08:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what has happened to GC? lose too many players to Chaminade?

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151187
02/18/16 09:29 AM
02/18/16 09:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what has happened to GC? lose too many players to Chaminade?

GC has been down last few years. Its cyclical. Football hasn't been elite in 3-4 years

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151190
02/18/16 09:57 AM
02/18/16 09:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM not in the top 20 was not a snub i/m/o-my kid is on that team. The last few years they graduated several all Americans. Those kids were incredible, but now is the time for others to shine-or not...we will see if the team can play as a team and not just a team supporting a couple of all Americans.

Like previous poster said, Suffolk will be a really interesting year because all of the top teams are playing each other. So, northport, sme, smw, sachem N, connetquot and even Commack all have legitimate shot to beat each other up during the regular season (if I didn't mention your school, no disrespect, the teams i listed are the one's I am aware of, others may be just as strong).

I suspect that there will be no undefeated teams in Suffolk this year-which is great for parents watching the games, but probably not great for these rankings...so unlike other poster's opinion, I would not expect three teams in suffolk to be ranked in the top ten (perhaps top 20).

either way, I for one am looking forward to this season as compared to last season. Last season had only a few good games all year until playoffs. This year, all the big lax schools play competitive schedules with very few blow out games...

good luck to all your boys and their schools.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151199
02/18/16 11:41 AM
02/18/16 11:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WM not in the top 20 was not a snub i/m/o-my kid is on that team. The last few years they graduated several all Americans. Those kids were incredible, but now is the time for others to shine-or not...we will see if the team can play as a team and not just a team supporting a couple of all Americans.

Like previous poster said, Suffolk will be a really interesting year because all of the top teams are playing each other. So, northport, sme, smw, sachem N, connetquot and even Commack all have legitimate shot to beat each other up during the regular season (if I didn't mention your school, no disrespect, the teams i listed are the one's I am aware of, others may be just as strong).

I suspect that there will be no undefeated teams in Suffolk this year-which is great for parents watching the games, but probably not great for these rankings...so unlike other poster's opinion, I would not expect three teams in suffolk to be ranked in the top ten (perhaps top 20).

either way, I for one am looking forward to this season as compared to last season. Last season had only a few good games all year until playoffs. This year, all the big lax schools play competitive schedules with very few blow out games...

Commack?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151214
02/18/16 02:28 PM
02/18/16 02:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes this year different from the past 10 or 15 years? This is a two or three team league as usual. If things have changed is it because some programs have gotten stronger or is it that some programs are no longer dominant?

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151225
02/18/16 03:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack?

Not only that, but the WM makes no mention of West Islip. That's messed up.

Sponsored Links
Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151226

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

last year they changed the schedule so that many of the top teams did not play each other during the year...it meant games against some schools that were pure blowouts. not fun for anyone. this year all the strong teams playing each other during the season...

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151229
02/18/16 04:06 PM
02/18/16 04:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack?

Not only that, but the WM makes no mention of West Islip. That's messed up.

Every year we hear the same nonsense. Every year we hear how tough the league is and how any number of teams could win it. The reality is that every year there are only 2, 3 or 4 teams who can win it. That is not a knock it's the same in all of the leagues on the island.

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151230
02/18/16 04:08 PM
02/18/16 04:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown East
West Islip
Connetquot

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: TommyM] #151231
02/18/16 04:15 PM
02/18/16 04:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also found it comical that a WM parent is not "aware" of West Islip. Alrighty then!

Re: High School Lax Boys [Re: Anonymous] #151250
02/18/16 08:00 PM
02/18/16 08:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be referring to Glen Cove, because Garden City is in the playoffs for both Lax and football every year.

Page 11 of 205 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 204 205