BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Like I suspected, only 1 per certain grad years went anywhere brag worrhy"

Typical Long Island public school response. Colby and Bates are two of the better academic schools in the country. Go ahead and keep dreaming about that 1/8 of an athletic scholarship to UMass-Lowell. That is what it is all about, right?

That's funny! Obviously you never heard of Syosset, Ward Melville, Smithtown, GC, Manhasset. Multiple kids going Ivy and top 20 in those program. Please spare us the baseless grasp at an insult, not working, biff.

There are scores of public high schools on Long Island. The Red Cup guys only post about six to eight of them. How is recruiting going at Mepham, Valley Stream Central and North Bab? Stop it already.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical Long Island public school response. Colby and Bates are two of the better academic schools in the country. Go ahead and keep dreaming about that 1/8 of an athletic scholarship to UMass-Lowell. That is what it is all about, right?

That's funny! Obviously you never heard of Syosset, Ward Melville, Smithtown, GC, Manhasset. Multiple kids going Ivy and top 20 in those program. Please spare us the baseless grasp at an insult, not working, biff.

The original poster contended that none of the backup goalies went to a school that is "brag worrhy." [sic]. Just noting that Colby and Bates are phenomenal schools. Perhaps those players did the smart thing and opted for excellent academic institutions rather than opting for Div 1 schools that aren't as well thought of. Of course, everyone can agree that it isn't about trying to win a national championship -- it is about getting a great education and using lacrosse for that purpose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are scores of public high schools on Long Island. The Red Cup guys only post about six to eight of them. How is recruiting going at Mepham, Valley Stream Central and North Bab? Stop it already.

Better than the red jacket dad running around with his bench warming son's team jacket on thinking he looks cool, meanwhile people are lol as he walks by!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better than the red jacket dad running around with his bench warming son's team jacket on thinking he looks cool, meanwhile people are lol as he walks by!

Better to wear a red jacket and have your son attend Colby than drink from a red cup and have your son attend Detroit-Mercy. But, it's ok -- you guys will never get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get the jealousy. If you don't want your kid to go to Chaminade don't send him there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't like all the bashing of red cups going on in this thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You grouped Mepham with valley stream and north Babylon? The only thing those schools have in common is their parents aren't on this site. You think those are the towns making fun of you for wearing your red jacket like you are on the team. Hopefully your kid has a little more class than you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Like I suspected, only 1 per certain grad years went anywhere brag worrhy"

You grouped Mepham with valley stream and north Babylon? The only thing those schools have in common is their parents aren't on this site. You think those are the towns making fun of you for wearing your red jacket like you are on the team. Hopefully your kid has a little more class than you.

Oh yes. Because it is wildly classy to drink out of red cups in the parking lot of a high school lacrosse game and make fun of other adults wearing red jackets. Yep, that's class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't like all the bashing of red cups going on in this thread

Can we please get a red cup thread going?
That way we can talk about really important laxtastic red cup stuff...and bash catholics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Like I suspected, only 1 per certain grad years went anywhere brag worrhy"

Oh yes. Because it is wildly classy to drink out of red cups in the parking lot of a high school lacrosse game and make fun of other adults wearing red jackets. Yep, that's class.

Not sure how your reading compression is , but not doing either of those things. The problem is , you think the same person is responding to you. Multiple people respond to idiots like you. I'm sure it gets confusing with someone with your limited capacity.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Not sure how your reading compression is , but not doing either of those things. The problem is , you think the same person is responding to you. Multiple people respond to idiots like you. I'm sure it gets confusing with someone with your limited capacity."

Yes -- I am certain the guy who writes "reading compression" has a doctorate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Not sure how your reading compression is , but not doing either of those things. The problem is , you think the same person is responding to you. Multiple people respond to idiots like you. I'm sure it gets confusing with someone with your limited capacity."

That was great !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was great !!

If you have good reading compression, do you read really quickly? Or can you read really small letters with ease?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Me thinks he is wearing compression shorts that are too tight. And his PhD is from his mom. Was last years participation trophy/PhD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any body with an opinion on why they don't play one game a week during week and once a week on Saturday? would be nice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What schools have the best off season program? What coaches have been using the winter months to best prepare for the upcoming season? What programs have put the time in to build skill, strength/fitness, and comradery? Who has used the time to implement and teach their offensive and defensive schemes? Will there be a direct correlation between off season preparation / team building and success this spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What schools have the best off season program? What coaches have been using the winter months to best prepare for the upcoming season? What programs have put the time in to build skill, strength/fitness, and comradery? Who has used the time to implement and teach their offensive and defensive schemes? Will there be a direct correlation between off season preparation / team building and success this spring?

This is high school not D1. Nobody does what you're asking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good distinct do. Mine has been practicing 1-2 times a week since early fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't there rules to winter practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't there rules to winter practices?

They are "optional"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good distinct do. Mine has been practicing 1-2 times a week since early fall.

What District is that??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What schools have the best off season program? What coaches have been using the winter months to best prepare for the upcoming season? What programs have put the time in to build skill, strength/fitness, and comradery? Who has used the time to implement and teach their offensive and defensive schemes? Will there be a direct correlation between off season preparation / team building and success this spring?

What District is that?? [/quote

Smithtown East/ West. I susspect they are nit alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What schools have the best off season program? What coaches have been using the winter months to best prepare for the upcoming season? What programs have put the time in to build skill, strength/fitness, and comradery? Who has used the time to implement and teach their offensive and defensive schemes? Will there be a direct correlation between off season preparation / team building and success this spring?

How will Smithtown West be this year?

Smithtown East will be tough but can they win three in a row?

West Islip, Sachem North and Connetquat should all challenge. Northport?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, Inside Lacrosse ranks two public Long Island High schools above the almighty Chaminade!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upstate public Victor at #4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, Inside Lacrosse ranks about 80 Long Island public high schools below the almighty Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset does it too. They're called captain's practices and the coach is not "involved". That's how it's done at all the top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, Inside Lacrosse ranks two public Long Island High schools above the almighty Chaminade!

Chaminade is going to have a dip in the number of kids trying out this year. I hear it's only going to be 200 LOL Guess they can't add a C team :-P

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade is going to have a dip in the number of kids trying out this year. I hear it's only going to be 200 LOL Guess they can't add a C team :-P

Guess it comes down to quality, not quantity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH>Manhasset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares, won't really matter until mid season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't get too hung up on the preseason rankings...Lots of teams not on the initial list play teams on the list...

Suffolk county got very little respect other than sme...lots of good games to be had out in Suffolk this year and suspect by the end of the year, you will have three of those teams in the top ten...

Chammy plays WM early so i expect we will see how they both stack up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't get too hung up on the preseason rankings...Lots of teams not on the initial list play teams on the list...

Suffolk county got very little respect other than sme...lots of good games to be had out in Suffolk this year and suspect by the end of the year, you will have three of those teams in the top ten...

Chammy plays WM early so i expect we will see how they both stack up...

They've got West Islip early on the schedule as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, the preseason is just that, a pediction. And the prediction is that based on prior performance of the team and individual players, Chaminade ranks below some publics. The WM game will be an interesting indicator, as they were not ranked in the top 20. It does matter, of course not to those who were snubbed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what has happened to GC? lose too many players to Chaminade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what has happened to GC? lose too many players to Chaminade?

GC has been down last few years. Its cyclical. Football hasn't been elite in 3-4 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM not in the top 20 was not a snub i/m/o-my kid is on that team. The last few years they graduated several all Americans. Those kids were incredible, but now is the time for others to shine-or not...we will see if the team can play as a team and not just a team supporting a couple of all Americans.

Like previous poster said, Suffolk will be a really interesting year because all of the top teams are playing each other. So, northport, sme, smw, sachem N, connetquot and even Commack all have legitimate shot to beat each other up during the regular season (if I didn't mention your school, no disrespect, the teams i listed are the one's I am aware of, others may be just as strong).

I suspect that there will be no undefeated teams in Suffolk this year-which is great for parents watching the games, but probably not great for these rankings...so unlike other poster's opinion, I would not expect three teams in suffolk to be ranked in the top ten (perhaps top 20).

either way, I for one am looking forward to this season as compared to last season. Last season had only a few good games all year until playoffs. This year, all the big lax schools play competitive schedules with very few blow out games...

good luck to all your boys and their schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM not in the top 20 was not a snub i/m/o-my kid is on that team. The last few years they graduated several all Americans. Those kids were incredible, but now is the time for others to shine-or not...we will see if the team can play as a team and not just a team supporting a couple of all Americans.

Like previous poster said, Suffolk will be a really interesting year because all of the top teams are playing each other. So, northport, sme, smw, sachem N, connetquot and even Commack all have legitimate shot to beat each other up during the regular season (if I didn't mention your school, no disrespect, the teams i listed are the one's I am aware of, others may be just as strong).

I suspect that there will be no undefeated teams in Suffolk this year-which is great for parents watching the games, but probably not great for these rankings...so unlike other poster's opinion, I would not expect three teams in suffolk to be ranked in the top ten (perhaps top 20).

either way, I for one am looking forward to this season as compared to last season. Last season had only a few good games all year until playoffs. This year, all the big lax schools play competitive schedules with very few blow out games...

Commack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes this year different from the past 10 or 15 years? This is a two or three team league as usual. If things have changed is it because some programs have gotten stronger or is it that some programs are no longer dominant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack?

Not only that, but the WM makes no mention of West Islip. That's messed up.

Page 4 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard