Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 10:41 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 10:37 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 10:28 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 08:38 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/28/20 05:00 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,771
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 474 of 578 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 577 578
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151012 02/15/16 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did they put your daughter's recruitment at risk ? Are you not in control of where your your daughter attends school ?

The club's record of players going on to play college ball over the last 3 years (2014,2015 and 2016) is very good. In fact almost 100 % in the last 2 classes. Are they all top 20 D1 ? No, But really how many kids are ?

I have been to many of the TG Recruitment meetings and can 100% state that if you listened and approached the recruitment process the way SS laid it out and were realistic your daughter would either be committed or close.


Why aren't there any commits from the purple team?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151016 02/15/16 04:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can not speak for 2017 but every girl from 2015 and 2016 purple that wanted to play in college will

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151023 02/15/16 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous



Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown.


Scholarship or PWO Preferred walk on? Most teams money is gone already


I don't know the scholarship specifics. How do you know that for most teams the money is gone? [/quote]

Fully funded girls programs have 12 scholarships a year for the entire team. Most of the money is gone already between girls there already and the few top commits they have. [/quote]

I know how many total scholarships they have ... there are very few large ones handed out. The fact that you state that the money is gone for the 2018 class just has no factual basis. I'm sure there are many schools with some money left based on the fact that there are plenty of spots left and coaches generally hold on to a bit for those last few spots. I'm not saying there is a 50% scholarship to be had at a top 15 school, but there are plenty of spots, and some money, at a lot of programs. Just to throw one out there, I know there is money in 2018 class at Vandy for instance. So I think your statement about the money being all gone is just not accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151029 02/15/16 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with
secondly, Shannon is at every practice doing the training
I don't understand why it concerns you

Last year for us. And yes we know an awfu lot. My wife and I don't want other families to waste more money and time with this club as they have not met expectations, and put
My daughters recruiting at risk. Run if you can. Our youngest will keaventhusmyesrmto follow out oldeest, and I wished they could right the ship, but doesn't seem possible.

I assume by your post that your daughter is a 2017 because you say it is your daughters last year. It also sounds like she has not been recruited as of yet. The part of your comment that strikes me is that you state that TG has not met expectations. What do you mean by that?

Did you expect them to make her a top D1 prospect? That is not how this works. Perhaps your expectations are much higher than her lacrosse skills. There are a lot of TG girls over the years that are/have gone to D1 programs. Most of these girls have gone through the same program like your daughter. So why have they been recruited? They are just better lacrosse players. I would actually say they had less training/practices than today. This is not an insult to your daughter, but you must realize our kids are not the greatest, mine included. Those young ladies that go to top D1 programs are born with certain skills and spend countless hours on their own honing those skills. TG can advise them on what to do but they cannot simply make them a better player. What's the old saying when it comes to basketball...you cannot teach height.

I wish your daughter well and I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience. We certainly have not.

Nope she's 2018, and the problem is college coaches seem to not want to deal with SS. Twice in discussion with coaches the said they would rather not speak to SS or BS. One said he was burned by one of them and he doesn't want any dealings with her. We are leaving after this year and my other daughter will leave as well. That's what I meant by last year with TG

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151031 02/15/16 07:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with
secondly, Shannon is at every practice doing the training
I don't understand why it concerns you

Last year for us. And yes we know an awfu lot. My wife and I don't want other families to waste more money and time with this club as they have not met expectations, and put
My daughters recruiting at risk. Run if you can. Our youngest will keaventhusmyesrmto follow out oldeest, and I wished they could right the ship, but doesn't seem possible.

I assume by your post that your daughter is a 2017 because you say it is your daughters last year. It also sounds like she has not been recruited as of yet. The part of your comment that strikes me is that you state that TG has not met expectations. What do you mean by that?

Did you expect them to make her a top D1 prospect? That is not how this works. Perhaps your expectations are much higher than her lacrosse skills. There are a lot of TG girls over the years that are/have gone to D1 programs. Most of these girls have gone through the same program like your daughter. So why have they been recruited? They are just better lacrosse players. I would actually say they had less training/practices than today. This is not an insult to your daughter, but you must realize our kids are not the greatest, mine included. Those young ladies that go to top D1 programs are born with certain skills and spend countless hours on their own honing those skills. TG can advise them on what to do but they cannot simply make them a better player. What's the old saying when it comes to basketball...you cannot teach height.

I wish your daughter well and I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience. We certainly have not.

Nope she's 2018, and the problem is college coaches seem to not want to deal with SS. Twice in discussion with coaches the said they would rather not speak to SS or BS. One said he was burned by one of them and he doesn't want any dealings with her. We are leaving after this year and my other daughter will leave as well. That's what I meant by last year with TG

And he close friend left for YJ this year and had offers from 4 schools after only playing in fall tourns with them. This tells me there are deeper problems that my daughters talent. We are not dilusional about how good she is, and where she can play. We just don't want out youngest to be limited by SS issues with other college coaches. That is her baggage and shouldn't become ours or any other players in TG.

If you look where the girls are going in 2017, compared to the schools
Girls where going to in 14,15 there is a huge drop off. Is that a club issue??

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Powderfinger #151036 02/15/16 09:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to "know" a lot about college coach interactions. So, I'll ask. What is it that makes the other coaches not want to deal with SS?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Powderfinger #151090 02/16/16 06:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read what I wrote earlier. Just my experience with 2 coaches who don't care for her or her word.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151123 02/17/16 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151130 02/17/16 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.


If she really is that great don't you think she would have left this club by now?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151138 02/17/16 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.


If she really is that great don't you think she would have left this club by now?


Be careful she may come to your daughters club and bump her down to the B team

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151146 02/17/16 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

Never said a recruiter will pass on her, just that they don't want to talk to the club directors at TG. All the bologna that BS and SS talk about helping get the girls recruited is bull. We have been handeling recruiting and Im not getting into details because we are stuck with TG this year. We are leaving because there is not help from the TG club. My daughters friend at the same age team left and YJ has helped her with recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151160 02/17/16 04:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

Never said a recruiter will pass on her, just that they don't want to talk to the club directors at TG. All the bologna that BS and SS talk about helping get the girls recruited is bull. We have been handeling recruiting and Im not getting into details because we are stuck with TG this year. We are leaving because there is not help from the TG club. My daughters friend at the same age team left and YJ has helped her with recruiting.


Are you referring to paid or non-paid recruiting services?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151163 02/17/16 06:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.


If she really is that great don't you think she would have left this club by now?


Be careful she may come to your daughters club and bump her down to the B team


If she's better then my daughter then she deserves the spot. But truthfully haven't seen to many girls getting bumped down lately because of players from this club? Maybe the really good ones already left?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151180 02/17/16 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

Never said a recruiter will pass on her, just that they don't want to talk to the club directors at TG. All the bologna that BS and SS talk about helping get the girls recruited is bull. We have been handeling recruiting and Im not getting into details because we are stuck with TG this year. We are leaving because there is not help from the TG club. My daughters friend at the same age team left and YJ has helped her with recruiting.


Are you referring to paid or non-paid recruiting services?

Unpaid, the girl left this year, played a few fall tourns with YJ and was sent to a recruiting event through the club. She has a few offers already, nothing while with TG. She never paid more that her club fees.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
Anonymous #151181 02/17/16 11:21 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 598
T
User
*****
Offline
User
*****
T
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 598
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The point of the conversation was about the majority of recruiting eligible girls at TG not feeling the love they were told they would get. If its up to the parents to sign up for clinics and camps to get their daughter seen, why are we giving so much money to these clubs?


Thats the million dollar question.....

Like Reply Quote
Page 474 of 578 1 2 472 473 474 475 476 577 578
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4