BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 178 of 220 1 2 176 177 178 179 180 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with
secondly, Shannon is at every practice doing the training
I don't understand why it concerns you

Last year for us. And yes we know an awfu lot. My wife and I don't want other families to waste more money and time with this club as they have not met expectations, and put
My daughters recruiting at risk. Run if you can. Our youngest will keaventhusmyesrmto follow out oldeest, and I wished they could right the ship, but doesn't seem possible.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with

Last year for us. And yes we know an awfu lot. My wife and I don't want other families to waste more money and time with this club as they have not met expectations, and put
My daughters recruiting at risk. Run if you can. Our youngest will keaventhusmyesrmto follow out oldeest, and I wished they could right the ship, but doesn't seem possible.

I assume by your post that your daughter is a 2017 because you say it is your daughters last year. It also sounds like she has not been recruited as of yet. The part of your comment that strikes me is that you state that TG has not met expectations. What do you mean by that?

Did you expect them to make her a top D1 prospect? That is not how this works. Perhaps your expectations are much higher than her lacrosse skills. There are a lot of TG girls over the years that are/have gone to D1 programs. Most of these girls have gone through the same program like your daughter. So why have they been recruited? They are just better lacrosse players. I would actually say they had less training/practices than today. This is not an insult to your daughter, but you must realize our kids are not the greatest, mine included. Those young ladies that go to top D1 programs are born with certain skills and spend countless hours on their own honing those skills. TG can advise them on what to do but they cannot simply make them a better player. What's the old saying when it comes to basketball...you cannot teach height.

I wish your daughter well and I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience. We certainly have not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume by your post that your daughter is a 2017 because you say it is your daughters last year. It also sounds like she has not been recruited as of yet. The part of your comment that strikes me is that you state that TG has not met expectations. What do you mean by that?

Did you expect them to make her a top D1 prospect? That is not how this works. Perhaps your expectations are much higher than her lacrosse skills. There are a lot of TG girls over the years that are/have gone to D1 programs. Most of these girls have gone through the same program like your daughter. So why have they been recruited? They are just better lacrosse players. I would actually say they had less training/practices than today. This is not an insult to your daughter, but you must realize our kids are not the greatest, mine included. Those young ladies that go to top D1 programs are born with certain skills and spend countless hours on their own honing those skills. TG can advise them on what to do but they cannot simply make them a better player. What's the old saying when it comes to basketball...you cannot teach height.

I wish your daughter well and I am sorry you have had such a terrible experience. We certainly have not.

There is a huge gap between being a top D1 prospect and getting recruited by any D1, D2 or D3 school. From my experience the Smiths have been reactive as opposed to proactive. Many girls in the program feel the same way. They will contact you if a coach calls to ask about your daughter, not the other way around. Half the 2017 class are still uncommitted and more than half of 2018 are still uncommitted. At the recruiting meeting given every year, the girls are told there is a place for everyone. Well how do you find that place with no help?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is a huge gap between being a top D1 prospect and getting recruited by any D1, D2 or D3 school. From my experience the Smiths have been reactive as opposed to proactive. Many girls in the program feel the same way. They will contact you if a coach calls to ask about your daughter, not the other way around. Half the 2017 class are still uncommitted and more than half of 2018 are still uncommitted. At the recruiting meeting given every year, the girls are told there is a place for everyone. Well how do you find that place with no help?

By having a realistic understanding of where your daughter's skills fit in and contacting those programs. Getting on campus to visit and attend their camp. Networking on your own etc. In my opinion, it is up to the family to drive the recruiting process, not the clubs.

Does your daughter have outstanding grades? That is the best way to actually get recruited.

The resources are out there to figure this stuff out if you work at it. LaxPower is a great resource to see the many programs out there and how they stack up in each division. Talk to other parents who have been in similar situations, they will have good advice and possibly a connection or two. Network, network , network. It's like looking for a job. You knock on a bunch of doors you are a good fit for and eventually one opens up.

Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a ton of LI girls that play at the lowest D1 schools like LIU Brooklyn, St Bonnies, Quinnipiac, St Francis so there IS a place for everyone. If D1 is your thing you can find one with or without the TG's. But for the bottom 10% of D1 programs maybe you should look at D2 and strong D3 schools,. You would be surprised how good the lacrosse is.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your explanation is accurate, there are many players , or more correctly parents that think this club has failed them, when in fact they need to be pro active in recruiting. But the scarey part is I am watching the very best players they have, in several age groups walk away. Players that will get recruited no matter where they choose to play, yet they are choosing not to stick around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your explanation is accurate, there are many players , or more correctly parents that think this club has failed them, when in fact they need to be pro active in recruiting. But the scarey part is I am watching the very best players they have, in several age groups walk away. Players that will get recruited no matter where they choose to play, yet they are choosing not to stick around.

When you go to the TG website I see something like (16) girls committed from 2018. The majority of them are from Black when you look at the rosters. There are (21) from the 2017's. I assume most are Black team as well. The 2017 group is not a strong class at TG. The 2018 group is better at least on the Black level. These numbers look OK to me. If 2018's are walking away, it is from the Purple team certainly not the Black team.

Being proactive means setting realistic college goals both athletically and more importantly academically. If your daughter wants to play D1 then she should look at lower tier teams since all the top D1 programs are long done with 2017/2018 recruits. If D2 or D3 is the goal you need to reach out and get recognized. Again, I think a lot of disgruntled parents should accept reality...IMHO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you go to the TG website I see something like (16) girls committed from 2018. The majority of them are from Black when you look at the rosters. There are (21) from the 2017's. I assume most are Black team as well. The 2017 group is not a strong class at TG. The 2018 group is better at least on the Black level. These numbers look OK to me. If 2018's are walking away, it is from the Purple team certainly not the Black team.

Being proactive means setting realistic college goals both athletically and more importantly academically. If your daughter wants to play D1 then she should look at lower tier teams since all the top D1 programs are long done with 2017/2018 recruits. If D2 or D3 is the goal you need to reach out and get recognized. Again, I think a lot of disgruntled parents should accept reality...IMHO

Several 2018 blacks did walk, 3 I know of. Plus top black team girls from 2019, 2020, 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown. [/quote]

Scholarship or PWO Preferred walk on? Most teams money is gone already

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else think its crazy that if you're not comitted by winter of sophomore year then your done? These girls still have 3 years of hs lax. The system is crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown. [/quote]

Scholarship or PWO Preferred walk on? Most teams money is gone already[/quote]

I don't know the scholarship specifics. How do you know that for most teams the money is gone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we not freak everyone out? There are still plenty of 2018 spots at good D1 programs out there. We just had a 2018 girl from our club commit to Gtown.

Scholarship or PWO Preferred walk on? Most teams money is gone already[/quote]

I don't know the scholarship specifics. How do you know that for most teams the money is gone? [/quote]

Fully funded girls programs have 12 scholarships a year for the entire team. Most of the money is gone already between girls there already and the few top commits they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point of the conversation was about the majority of recruiting eligible girls at TG not feeling the love they were told they would get. If its up to the parents to sign up for clinics and camps to get their daughter seen, why are we giving so much money to these clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they put your daughter's recruitment at risk ? Are you not in control of where your your daughter attends school ?

The club's record of players going on to play college ball over the last 3 years (2014,2015 and 2016) is very good. In fact almost 100 % in the last 2 classes. Are they all top 20 D1 ? No, But really how many kids are ?

I have been to many of the TG Recruitment meetings and can 100% state that if you listened and approached the recruitment process the way SS laid it out and were realistic your daughter would either be committed or close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N
How did they put your daughter's recruitment at risk ? Are you not in control of where your your daughter attends school ?

The club's record of players going on to play college ball over the last 3 years (2014,2015 and 2016) is very good. In fact almost 100 % in the last 2 classes. Are they all top 20 D1 ? No, But really how many kids are ?

I have been to many of the TG Recruitment meetings and can 100% state that if you listened and approached the recruitment process the way SS laid it out and were realistic your daughter would either be committed or close.

Why aren't there any commits from the purple team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can not speak for 2017 but every girl from 2015 and 2016 purple that wanted to play in college will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scholarship or PWO Preferred walk on? Most teams money is gone already

I don't know the scholarship specifics. How do you know that for most teams the money is gone? [/quote]

Fully funded girls programs have 12 scholarships a year for the entire team. Most of the money is gone already between girls there already and the few top commits they have. [/quote]

I know how many total scholarships they have ... there are very few large ones handed out. The fact that you state that the money is gone for the 2018 class just has no factual basis. I'm sure there are many schools with some money left based on the fact that there are plenty of spots left and coaches generally hold on to a bit for those last few spots. I'm not saying there is a 50% scholarship to be had at a top 15 school, but there are plenty of spots, and some money, at a lot of programs. Just to throw one out there, I know there is money in 2018 class at Vandy for instance. So I think your statement about the money being all gone is just not accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope she's 2018, and the problem is college coaches seem to not want to deal with SS. Twice in discussion with coaches the said they would rather not speak to SS or BS. One said he was burned by one of them and he doesn't want any dealings with her. We are leaving after this year and my other daughter will leave as well. That's what I meant by last year with TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope she's 2018, and the problem is college coaches seem to not want to deal with SS. Twice in discussion with coaches the said they would rather not speak to SS or BS. One said he was burned by one of them and he doesn't want any dealings with her. We are leaving after this year and my other daughter will leave as well. That's what I meant by last year with TG

And he close friend left for YJ this year and had offers from 4 schools after only playing in fall tourns with them. This tells me there are deeper problems that my daughters talent. We are not dilusional about how good she is, and where she can play. We just don't want out youngest to be limited by SS issues with other college coaches. That is her baggage and shouldn't become ours or any other players in TG.

If you look where the girls are going in 2017, compared to the schools
Girls where going to in 14,15 there is a huge drop off. Is that a club issue??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to "know" a lot about college coach interactions. So, I'll ask. What is it that makes the other coaches not want to deal with SS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read what I wrote earlier. Just my experience with 2 coaches who don't care for her or her word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So a recruiter is going to pass on her club based on the club she plays for or the coach of that club? Please elaborate a little bit her. I would think if a girl is a great lax player, they will at least want to interview her and take it from there. Lets not forget her academics.

If she really is that great don't you think she would have left this club by now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If she really is that great don't you think she would have left this club by now?

Be careful she may come to your daughters club and bump her down to the B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said a recruiter will pass on her, just that they don't want to talk to the club directors at TG. All the bologna that BS and SS talk about helping get the girls recruited is bull. We have been handeling recruiting and Im not getting into details because we are stuck with TG this year. We are leaving because there is not help from the TG club. My daughters friend at the same age team left and YJ has helped her with recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said a recruiter will pass on her, just that they don't want to talk to the club directors at TG. All the bologna that BS and SS talk about helping get the girls recruited is bull. We have been handeling recruiting and Im not getting into details because we are stuck with TG this year. We are leaving because there is not help from the TG club. My daughters friend at the same age team left and YJ has helped her with recruiting.

Are you referring to paid or non-paid recruiting services?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful she may come to your daughters club and bump her down to the B team

If she's better then my daughter then she deserves the spot. But truthfully haven't seen to many girls getting bumped down lately because of players from this club? Maybe the really good ones already left?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you referring to paid or non-paid recruiting services?

Unpaid, the girl left this year, played a few fall tourns with YJ and was sent to a recruiting event through the club. She has a few offers already, nothing while with TG. She never paid more that her club fees.

Like Reply Quote
User
User
The point of the conversation was about the majority of recruiting eligible girls at TG not feeling the love they were told they would get. If its up to the parents to sign up for clinics and camps to get their daughter seen, why are we giving so much money to these clubs?

Thats the million dollar question.....

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at recent commits from TG, it seems that there are in the last year or two there has been a big change in the level of schools and the number of top schools that recent commits are committing to. Along with the number of freshman recruits that left Hofstra, there seems to be a decline of the TG club and Hofstra program. It seems that honeymoon is over for SS. Is it related to the way she treats her girls? Maybe she needs to stop listening to her father, and get rid of the my way or highway attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]looking at recent commits from TG, it seems that there are in the last year or two there has been a big change in the level of schools and the number of top schools that recent commits are committing to. Along with the number of freshman recruits that left Hofstra, there seems to be a decline of the TG club and Hofstra program. It seems that honeymoon is over for SS. Is it related to the way she treats her girls? Maybe she needs to stop listening to her father, and get rid of the my way or highway attitude.

SS took over a very good 2020 team and had a good summer last year. She decided she knows all and dismantled the team lets see if she knows what she's doing or in for a very humbling experience opening the door for more girls to leave this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]looking at recent commits from TG, it seems that there are in the last year or two there has been a big change in the level of schools and the number of top schools that recent commits are committing to. Along with the number of freshman recruits that left Hofstra, there seems to be a decline of the TG club and Hofstra program. It seems that honeymoon is over for SS. Is it related to the way she treats her girls? Maybe she needs to stop listening to her father, and get rid of the my way or highway attitude.

SS took over a very good 2020 team and had a good summer last year. She decided she knows all and dismantled the team lets see if she knows what she's doing or in for a very humbling experience opening the door for more girls to leave this team.

She did not dismantle the team, A lot of players left both 2020 teams. TG was left scrambling to plug all those empty slots. A whopping total of 20 girls combined left Black and purple 2020. TG is in a lot of trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She did not dismantle the team, A lot of players left both 2020 teams. TG was left scrambling to plug all those empty slots. A whopping total of 20 girls combined left Black and purple 2020. TG is in a lot of trouble.

In a lot of trouble for what? They may loose some games? My daughter loves playing for SS and is improving as a player under her. Of the kids that left they either chose to go elsewhere or where moved down to Purple so they moved on. Purple kids left because they couldn't make the Black team and they moved on. If they left and made an A team for another program then TG was wrong if they moved for another B team then they just needed a change of scenery. You make decisions for your daughter and I hope you have success. My daughter is happy here so please stop worry about what kind of trouble TG may be in my kid can handle it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be SS bubbly personality that your daughter is drawn to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back your opinion with facts please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please back your opinion with facts please

First there's really not much left that can leave and second that team was embarrassed on multiple occasion during fall tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No horse in this race but if what you state is true and 20 girls left the two top teams that's crazy turnover and something is seriously wrong!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No horse in this race but if what you state is true and 20 girls left the two top teams that's crazy turnover and something is seriously wrong!!

Look at the rosters.. All new girls. The former girls are elsewhere, not really very hard to find this information, it's out there. Something is seriously wrong at TG and it's now starting to spill over to Hofstra program.. Quite a few of SS recruits have quit the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a lot of trouble for what? They may loose some games? My daughter loves playing for SS and is improving as a player under her. Of the kids that left they either chose to go elsewhere or where moved down to Purple so they moved on. Purple kids left because they couldn't make the Black team and they moved on. If they left and made an A team for another program then TG was wrong if they moved for another B team then they just needed a change of scenery. You make decisions for your daughter and I hope you have success. My daughter is happy here so please stop worry about what kind of trouble TG may be in my kid can handle it.

TG was getting rolled over at the fall tournaments. The fact is there are only 2 girls left on that team that are somewhat decent players. everyone else are on the level that the majority came from PAL. Let's see how the girls do this year and see if you will be singing the same tune once the season gets going. I for one would not be sitting there waiting for TG to get my kid recruited, that is unless you are going to Hofstra or Towson, and by the look of things at Hofstra, even those are jumping ship. But good luck to you, I'm sure your kid was one of the promised ones that SS has her eyes on and will be the go to girl.

Like Reply Quote
Page 178 of 220 1 2 176 177 178 179 180 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard