BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Figured starting a post about the upcoming season and thoughts on the state of college lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2016 Men's College Lacrosse Season D1, D2, and D3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really liked the introductory lead ESPN did on Hampton U but no live coverage of the game - on any of their outlets. Calculated move, so no one see they need work... or didn't think they would get the viewership.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola over Virginia. First upset of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not really an upset, Virginia overrated, has lousy offense, and doesn't recruit a decent fogo. Will only get worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey that early recruiting really helping them huh??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a better chance of seeing big foot at a syracuse game, then an 18 year old freshmen, what a disgrace.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stars is getting exactly what he deserves. Made me sick with that Hypocritical speech about early recruiting he made!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol love that comment and so true. Most of these rosters on certain teams loaded with 19 and 20 yr old freshman. Pathetic! This game I loved has really lost my respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have a better chance of seeing big foot at a syracuse game, then an 18 year old freshmen, what a disgrace.

and you know this how? they dont publish bdays on Cuse site. They have a freshman starting on D thats a legit 2015 from West Genny. Im not sure what your point is, all of the D1 programs are loaded with kids who reclassed or did a PG year. Its the way it is and the way it always will be, tell your kid to get in the gym, get good grades and work hard and it wont matter how old the kid is across from him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and you know this how? they dont publish bdays on Cuse site. They have a freshman starting on D thats a legit 2015 from West Genny. Im not sure what your point is, all of the D1 programs are loaded with kids who reclassed or did a PG year. Its the way it is and the way it always will be, tell your kid to get in the gym, get good grades and work hard and it wont matter how old the kid is across from him
Spoken like a true Maryland cheater, You have to work harder while we game the system. Of course the kid from 'cuse is a true '15 He's from N.Y.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from a reclassified parent who gamed the system. I have more integrity then that. I'm sorry and you think it's right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stars is getting exactly what he deserves. Made me sick with that Hypocritical speech about early recruiting he made!

His contract is up at the end of the season and he wasn't extended. Worst case he's already done, best case he's auditioning this year for a new contract. They haven't made the 4 team ACC tournament since the new format started and they haven't won an ACC league came in 3 years. I'd say the problems go well beyond recruiting early and poorly at this point. Right now they look like a team that has no chance to win an ACC game and no chance against Hop, G'town or Drexel (which is up next). Richmond is a much improved team/program. I would not be stunned to see UVA lose to them too. It looks grim in C'ville now.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Think Virginia needs to re-think their approach. Have not done so well on many avenues the last few years. Could it be time for a change?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from a reclassified parent who gamed the system. I have more integrity then that. I'm sorry and you think it's right?

I dont think its right or wrong, its up to every parent to do whats right for their child. Also you can jump on your soapbox all day about integrity or you can accept that this is the way it is or you can cry and whine and be passed by. If your son is a good player and has good grades it doesnt matter how old he is, he will find his spot. There are certain circumstances where reclassifying is completely legitimate and is in the best interest of the kid. Obviously there are those who abuse the system as is the case in every aspect of our society, but not every kid who is held back or reclassifies is a "cheater" and it has nothing to do with integrity. Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like a true Maryland cheater, You have to work harder while we game the system. Of course the kid from 'cuse is a true '15 He's from N.Y.

Sorry to disappoint, but not from Maryland and not a cheater. I have news for you, take a look at your beloved St. Anthony's and Chaminade rosters, youll find plenty of holdbacks and reclasses there too. The Prep schools are full of them as well. Oh and you can cry and whine about Maryland holdbacks and reclasses but I dont think anything rivals the rampant favoritism, nepotism, and money grabbing that goes on with the Long Island Club and High School lacrosse scene and I would defy anyone to say otherwise. Simply put it doesnt matter how old you are, if you play for the right club and go to the right school you get into the right showcases and you get recruited to the right schools, plain and simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really an upset, Virginia overrated, has lousy offense, and doesn't recruit a decent fogo. Will only get worse.

Dont understand Virginias recruiting philosophy at all. Obviously not paying off now. Its not early recruiting thats the issue, their recruiting as a whole hasnt been ACC worthy last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to disappoint, but not from Maryland and not a cheater. I have news for you, take a look at your beloved St. Anthony's and Chaminade rosters, youll find plenty of holdbacks and reclasses there too. The Prep schools are full of them as well. Oh and you can cry and whine about Maryland holdbacks and reclasses but I dont think anything rivals the rampant favoritism, nepotism, and money grabbing that goes on with the Long Island Club and High School lacrosse scene and I would defy anyone to say otherwise. Simply put it doesnt matter how old you are, if you play for the right club and go to the right school you get into the right showcases and you get recruited to the right schools, plain and simple.

No one is more critical of St Anthonys and Chaminade than me. Blast them every chance I get. Can't stand the Express either. The CHSAA is a travesty and disgrace. The Big 2 only care about themselves and could care less about the rest of the teams in the league they play. They'd rather have 200 kids try out and cut them, than have them go to any one of the other CHSAA schools. However, name the hold backs and reclasses. You seem to imply direct knowledge. The crab eaters are no different than the likes of Laxachusetts where supposed 8th graders are 6-3 and 185 pounds. Admit to gaming the system. I'd have more respect for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are talking 21 year old freshmens, my kids in the
Gym, good grades and going d1 in age loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is more critical of St Anthonys and Chaminade than me. Blast them every chance I get. Can't stand the Express either. The CHSAA is a travesty and disgrace. The Big 2 only care about themselves and could care less about the rest of the teams in the league they play. They'd rather have 200 kids try out and cut them, than have them go to any one of the other CHSAA schools. However, name the hold backs and reclasses. You seem to imply direct knowledge. The crab eaters are no different than the likes of Laxachusetts where supposed 8th graders are 6-3 and 185 pounds. Admit to gaming the system. I'd have more respect for you.
There is one goalie at Chaminade that has "reclassed", and his parents and the school was admonished for it on this site. Aside from that one I know of no other player, boy or girl, "reclassed" on Long Island. To say our prep schools are filled with them shows that you are from Md., Pa. or Mass. because we really don't have any on the Island. The truth is you have to cheat to compete with our kids, but I really don't blame you for gaming the system, that lies with the coaches and the N.C.A.A. Both have shown just how hypercritical they are by allowing "holdbacks" or "reclasss" men compete against true freshman while espousing the virtue of good sportsmanship and fairness. Both of these lying entities will look into a kids past to expose any infraction they might have committed, or any failing, or unsuitable grade, but refuse to take on the blatant cheating, unsportsman like, and unfair practice of "reclassing". If a child at any age repeats a grade for any reason other than failing grades, or was able to meet admission criteria set forth by the college, but goes to a prep school to gain advantage in athletics, should be seen as cheating and a year of eligibility should be taken away, in all sports, for every year above the national average of all H.S. graduates. But the N.C.A.A will not because they don't really care about good sportsmanship or fairness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are talking 21 year old freshmens, my kids in the
Gym, good grades and going d1 in age loser.

Freshmens? lol. Just wondering, if your kid is all squared away why are you so concerned about what other kids are doing and drunk posting at 1:00 am?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

Think Virginia needs to re-think their approach. Have not done so well on many avenues the last few years. Could it be time for a change?

Starsia has not been offered a contract renewal and now we are into the season where the coaches do not have a contract beyond the season. I think the signal that sends speaks for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I have direct knowledge, but no I dont think posting kids names on an open forum is a good idea.

So if you mean pulling my kid out of a corrupt and political high school and getting him away from the toxic Long Island club lacrosse scene, then yes I am guilty of "gaming" the system. He is currently at a prep school where he is thriving, and will graduate as an 18 yr old and is committed to a mid D1 school. I simply dont understand why everyone is so concerned about what other people are doing and the decisions they are making for THEIR children.

Oh and if you are so concerned about who the holdbacks and repeaters are, just do a little research, not hard to do.

Additionally, take a look at D1 rosters sometime and take note of the birthdates if they are posted, every single D1 roster is chock full of 19 and 20 year old freshman. College coaches dont care and frankly I think many encourage reclassifying and PG years. Take a look at Dukes 2018 commits, pretty much exemplifies whats going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one goalie at Chaminade that has "reclassed", and his parents and the school was admonished for it on this site. Aside from that one I know of no other player, boy or girl, "reclassed" on Long Island. To say our prep schools are filled with them shows that you are from Md., Pa. or Mass. because we really don't have any on the Island. The truth is you have to cheat to compete with our kids, but I really don't blame you for gaming the system, that lies with the coaches and the N.C.A.A. Both have shown just how hypercritical they are by allowing "holdbacks" or "reclasss" men compete against true freshman while espousing the virtue of good sportsmanship and fairness. Both of these lying entities will look into a kids past to expose any infraction they might have committed, or any failing, or unsuitable grade, but refuse to take on the blatant cheating, unsportsman like, and unfair practice of "reclassing". If a child at any age repeats a grade for any reason other than failing grades, or was able to meet admission criteria set forth by the college, but goes to a prep school to gain advantage in athletics, should be seen as cheating and a year of eligibility should be taken away, in all sports, for every year above the national average of all H.S. graduates. But the N.C.A.A will not because they don't really care about good sportsmanship or fairness

What happened with the C goalie? What do you mean by "reclassed" in this context? Dropped down in club? Disappeared after 8th grade for a year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok so this post is as fundamentally flawed and wrong as I have ever seen. Unless you are specifically talking about a certain age group which I am not aware of, Long Island is filled with holdbacks and reclassed kids, not to mention the amount of kids that will do PG years. When I said Prep schools, I was referring to the CT, NJ, PA, MA, and Upstate NY prep school where I would say the average age of a Senior is 19. See for yourself and look at the birthdays of the kids picked for the Under Armour Underclass games.

As for the NCAA, college coaches dont care about reclassifying or holdbacks, they actually encourage it whenever possible. It has always been that way and I dont think it will ever change. The power to penalize a kid for reclassifying will never rest with the NCAA, they cant even police themselves.

Take a look at the Team USA U19 roster and look at the birthdays and what schools and club programs theyre from and that will tell you all you need to know about the system and how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be careful not to name names or identify a player, but in NYS when the 2019 class of HS went to school the breakpoint threshold was Dec. 2001 so any current player at Chaminade with a birthday in NYS prior to dec 2001 is a holdback. I don't care if you say he wasn't ready and you held him back. You held him back from being in the back of the pack so he would be in the front of the pack with one "extra" year to assimilate. You held him back so he would gain an advantage.

I get it had you not have held him back. He would not have made it into Chaminade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you sent your kid to prep school , to miss out on seeing mom and dad everyday, a chance to play HS ball with the same kids and best friends since 2nd grade, I hope it was worth you telling everyone that your kid committed to a low end D1 program. I think with your good HS name he have did better staying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you sent your kid to prep school , to miss out on seeing mom and dad everyday, a chance to play HS ball with the same kids and best friends since 2nd grade, I hope it was worth you telling everyone that your kid committed to a low end D1 program. I think with your good HS name he have did better staying.

Obviously you have no idea what youre saying. I see my son plenty and he still is friends with the kids that matter. I didnt send him to prep school to brag to people about where he committed, which was completely his decision. He went to prep school to do exactly what the name implies, prep for the next level, which was not even close to happening at his previous high school. Additionally for the record, he committed to an extremely well respected school and lacrosse program that is competitive in a very well respected conference. Lastly as to his previous high school having a "good" name; although they may be considered a "power", their reputation among college coaches is not very good so he most certainly is a lot better off where he is now, but thank you for your misguided and misinformed concern.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he is doing a post grad year, he is moving on just like kids he graduated from HS that opted to go to college. Northeast boarding schools are full of post grad kids, in all sports, football basketball, lacrosse, etc.
I know quite a few Nassau HS boys who went the post grad prep route.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he is doing a post grad year, he is moving on just like kids he graduated from HS that opted to go to college. Northeast boarding schools are full of post grad kids, in all sports, football basketball, lacrosse, etc.

Myles Jones
Justin Guterding
Rob Pannell
Brian Willets

Just to name a few that went the PG route at New England Prep schools. So call it what you want, holdback, reclassed, PG, but it all ends up the same, kids end up 19-20 year old freshmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I have news for you, take a look at your beloved St. Anthony's and Chaminade rosters, youll find plenty of holdbacks and reclasses there too."

Complete and utter BS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could care less about 19 year old freshmen in college. Its the 16 year old 9th graders that I have the biggest problem with. Loved seeing the fully bearded player from FCA at the U-15 championships. At least his coach could have instructed him to shave. Or the club teams that put the graduating year on the back of their jerseys. LOL We would all much rather see their birthdays displayed. Then we could all truly judge just how good that "phenom" really is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones
Justin Guterding
Rob Pannell
Brian Willets

Just to name a few that went the PG route at New England Prep schools. So call it what you want, holdback, reclassed, PG, but it all ends up the same, kids end up 19-20 year old freshmen.
Brown,Powell, Gait,Thompson,Lowe.......12 of the greats.......0 prep schools attended. tell me again about your meager list of players that attended prep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I could care less about 19 year old freshmen in college. Its the 16 year old 9th graders that I have the biggest problem with. Loved seeing the fully bearded player from FCA at the U-15 championships. At least his coach could have instructed him to shave. Or the club teams that put the graduating year on the back of their jerseys. LOL We would all much rather see their birthdays displayed. Then we could all truly judge just how good that "phenom" really is.

Agreed, by 18-19 the good players will show themselves and make an immediate impact in college. Many freshman have done this. Being 16 in 9th grade is a whole different animal. It's called a weasel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to inform you but the U15 National championships are the one event that is age verified, so unless you are accusing the kid of forging his birth certificate or using someone elses, that argument doesnt fly. The issue with FCA is how they brought in kids from all over the country that were not FCA club players, so they basically loaded the roster to win the tourney. I do agree about the 16 year old 9th graders but unfortunately unless US lacrosse and the tournament organizers start going to age based play, that wont change either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myles Jones
Justin Guterding
Rob Pannell
Brian Willets

Brown,Powell, Gait,Thompson,Lowe.......12 of the greats.......0 prep schools attended. tell me again about your meager list of players that attended prep

The four players mentioned earlier attended prep schools for academic/admissions reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows who you are and why you did it, please don 't spin it any other way.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Myles Jones
Justin Guterding
Rob Pannell
Brian Willets

I think the point being missed is these players PG'd yes but they played age appropriate youth ball. The trend is now to hold back and repeat so young men are playing children on the travel circuit which in turn has created such disdain for the PG players. If its about getting into a better school I would PG my own son only after he has completed his youth ball and was done with high school. I just wouldnt have him play down in youth travel.In college soccer American players are in competition with many foreign players who are sometimes 3 to 4 years older as freshmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows who you are and why you did it, please don 't spin it any other way.

I sincerely doubt that, but if youre so sure you know feel free to come find me and we can discuss it over a beer, I welcome the discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did a forum about the 2016 college season so quickly become another discussion about reclassing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking about prep school dad.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard