BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some guy told me is kid made the Brine team, that told me everything I needed to know about the selection committee.A jOKE.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine team is a great experience. Why all the anger? It's a few days of high-level coaching and very competitive games. If nothing else, its fun for the boys to have some local pride and compete against and meet kids from around the country. Its probably half the cost of most camps. Chill out buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Brine team is a great experience. Why all the anger? It's a few days of high-level coaching and very competitive games. If nothing else, its fun for the boys to have some local pride and compete against and meet kids from around the country. Its probably half the cost of most camps. Chill out buddy.

lol, well said! Oh the envy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I consider myself up on the coming and goings of the youth lacrosse word, but I missed this one. Next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like some serious sour grapes. My kid made the Long Island team as a 7th grader and I am extremely proud of him and all of the other 7th graders that made it. There was some serious competition at the tryout. Going to be a great experience for the boys and maybe a once in a lifetime thing for some of them. Enjoy the ride while it lasts cause you never know when your gonna have to get off.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of these kids are better than 2016. Attack especially.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give me a break, the only kids that know about the try outs are coaches kids and there hand picked friends.

We didn't know anyone, made the team. They have a real good site on the world wide web (not hard to find). Brine has been doing this all star team for a few years. Pay attention, do your research & stop crying.

They should at least post something on this site well in advance if they want to get the word out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the results of this past weekend there can be no arguing the Turtles are the best 2017 team in the country. At Crabfest they dismantled all the teams they played including an 11 goal win against the Maryland Crabs and a 11 to 1 win over a Laxachucettes team that played hard at the LI Laxfest 2 weeks ago. There are about 5 teams bunched together for next best the Baltimore Breakers, the Crabs, Express, TB and Team 91. I would give 91 the nod as the top of that heap as they have beaten all the others, but on any given day that mix and some of the other very good teams such as Laxachucettes, The Gladiators, or the other 2017 Express team could up end anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STEPS 2017 beat both LI Express Orange McManus and LI Express Piranhas (Piranhas by a lot) at the LI Pridefest. Where do they rank?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the results of this past weekend there can be no arguing the Turtles are the best 2017 team in the country. At Crabfest they dismantled all the teams they played including an 11 goal win against the Maryland Crabs and a 11 to 1 win over a Laxachucettes team that played hard at the LI Laxfest 2 weeks ago. There are about 5 teams bunched together for next best the Baltimore Breakers, the Crabs, Express, TB and Team 91. I would give 91 the nod as the top of that heap as they have beaten all the others, but on any given day that mix and some of the other very good teams such as Laxachucettes, The Gladiators, or the other 2017 Express team could up end anyone.

You realize you are talking about 12 year old boys, right? Do you want a cookie?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You realize you are talking about 12 year old boys, right? Do you want a cookie?

I hear the Turtles are going to Finland to play the US U19 team. Really, they don't duck anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This person is talking about 12/13 year old boys on a 12/13 year old boys thread. You stalking it for other reasons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the Turtles are going to Finland to play the US U19 team. Really, they don't duck anyone.
What team is your little boy on? Did you contact them for a game? Just another anonymous voice contributing to this "useful" conversation. Enjoy whatever trip you are on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STEPS 2017 beat both LI Express Orange McManus and LI Express Piranhas (Piranhas by a lot) at the LI Pridefest. Where do they rank?

Thats very funny. I guess a lot of those Steps kids were "left back" . I don't know what you gain by playing older kids on a supposed 7th grade team. If it makes you feel better good for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always the older kid excuse when a LI Express team loses. Not one kid on the team is "older", all just finished 7th grade. Just good, thats all. So much whining when you lose. Have never heard oh they were just good and beat us today, always they had to be older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, there is a reason the STEPS team is "2017". Go back to math class if you think they are older, just better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, there is a reason the STEPS team is "2017". Go back to math class if you think they are older, just better.

Oh yeah, because Noone ever stacks their team with older kids and calls themselves a 2017 team, Or even better, the "our kids go to Pre K" excuse. I was at the game and the Steps kids were clearly bigger, faster and stronger. Very good team yes, but I cannot almost guarantee a large majority of the kids would not stand up to the US Lacrosse age rules. Whatever makes you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All are US Lacrosse eligible. You are wrong, but pretty persistent in your argument. Just accept that your team lost to a better team for once and stop looking for excuses as always. Is this what you teach your son? Look for an excuse every time something adverse happens? Also, STEPS is not the first 2017 team I have seen with "big kids", maybe we grow them bigger in NJ, but I guarantee all are US Lacrosse rules eligible. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All are US Lacrosse eligible. You are wrong, but pretty persistent in your argument. Just accept that your team lost to a better team for once and stop looking for excuses as always. Is this what you teach your son? Look for an excuse every time something adverse happens? Also, STEPS is not the first 2017 team I have seen with "big kids", maybe we grow them bigger in NJ, but I guarantee all are US Lacrosse rules eligible. End of story.

Never said they werent a better team, I was pretty clear when I said they were bigger, faster and stronger. Pretty sure the point is that I would say that most of the boys on the Steps team were 14 years old or on the late side of 13. One year makes a huge difference in sports, that year between 13 and 14 is a huge growth year. Seems to be a trend these days of holding a kid back a year so he can excel in academics and sports. Yes you have a very good team but I wouldnt go bragging so much how you knocked around a bunch of 12 and 13 year olds. Like to see how you would do against a strong 2016 Long Island team that is more age appropriate for you to play........Good Luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk about what people teach their kids? Ill break it down for you,

1- if you are leaving your kid back to gain advantage you are teaching the biggest SHORT CUT move there is. So get off your high horse.

2-You "don't grow them bigger in NJ", its freaking Jersey, not Texas.

3-Also, you beat HALF a 2017 Express Orange team, 5 or 6 kids where in MD. and I think a couple of 2017 Express Piranha kids were in MD also.

4-Your Steps team don't rank because they don't play in any strong tournaments or in any "AA" brackets. So stop making noise.

5- If you played a few 2016 LI teams with 14 year olds (like your Steps team) . Go play 14 year olds like 2016 Express Orange or Blue, go play 2016 Team 91 Orange- your boys would get rocked.

6- Dont reference US Lacrosse, they are a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didnt Steps beat the 2017 McManus team in a Braveheart? I know for a fact their were 4-5 kids missing from their team at the Brine competition in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Id like to personally congratulate the Coach and/or Director of the Bandits lax program, (i think from Philly)

At the Tri State tourney their rising 8th "AA" team got their butts kicked in the first round ending up 1-4 in pool play making them the 14th seed I believe.

Magically the next day they came out and kicked everyones butts and made it to the semifinals. Was interesting to me how none of the kids that played on Saturday played on Sunday and how much bigger the team was on Sunday.

Good job guys, hope your proud of yourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a total joke and just plain wrong. Oh, "we were missing kids" - please. What a lame excuse. You are also really stubborn. You conclude the kids are older because they are bigger? You have no idea what you are talking about. Lastly, I highlight again, always, always excuses when you lose to a better team. We were missing kids, your kids were older/stayed back - how lame you sound. Oh yeah, and now US lacrosse is lame according to your response but you were the one who brought that up as the guidepost in your last response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talk about what people teach their kids? Ill break it down for you,

1- if you are leaving your kid back to gain advantage you are teaching the biggest SHORT CUT move there is. So get off your high horse.

2-You "don't grow them bigger in NJ", its freaking Jersey, not Texas.

3-Also, you beat HALF a 2017 Express Orange team, 5 or 6 kids where in MD. and I think a couple of 2017 Express Piranha kids were in MD also.

4-Your Steps team don't rank because they don't play in any strong tournaments or in any "AA" brackets. So stop making noise.

5- If you played a few 2016 LI teams with 14 year olds (like your Steps team) . Go play 14 year olds like 2016 Express Orange or Blue, go play 2016 Team 91 Orange- your boys would get rocked.

6- Dont reference US Lacrosse, they are a joke.

2016 Orange smoked STEPS at the Winter Nationals on their home court in Mepham, NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong grade bozo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. It was in a Braveheart. But I don't want to hear the missing kids excuse. STEPS was missing 3 kids as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a total joke and just plain wrong. Oh, "we were missing kids" - please. What a lame excuse. You are also really stubborn. You conclude the kids are older because they are bigger? You have no idea what you are talking about. Lastly, I highlight again, always, always excuses when you lose to a better team. We were missing kids, your kids were older/stayed back - how lame you sound. Oh yeah, and now US lacrosse is lame according to your response but you were the one who brought that up as the guidepost in your last response.

Obviously there are multiple posters. I think we can end this argument with a simple question. How many 14 year olds or very late 13 yr olds are on the Steps "2017" team? Long Island teams typically are 13 years old at the 2017 grad year, some 12 year olds as well. Oh and sorry to burst your bubble but common sense would dictate that if a kid is much bigger than all the other kids hes usually older, obviously its not always the case but most times its a good indication. We lose to better 2017 teams all the time here on Long Island, teams we know are definitely 7th grade age appropriate teams and there are no complaints. It wasnt just one team that noticed the obviously many older kids on your team, it was multiple teams. So end the argument already and answer the question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wrong grade bozo

wrong age Krusty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously if you are a 14 year old you have no business on a 2017 team. If you are you were either held back or left back. Ive seen 12 year olds competing at the 2017 level, obviously kids who could have been "held" back the extra year. In any case you can enjoy it while it lasts because you cant hide in High School where Long Island lax dominates Jersey anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously if you are a 14 year old you have no business on a 2017 team. If you are you were either held back or left back. Ive seen 12 year olds competing at the 2017 level, obviously kids who could have been "held" back the extra year. In any case you can enjoy it while it lasts because you cant hide in High School where Long Island lax dominates Jersey anyways.

lmao, great point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously there are multiple posters. I think we can end this argument with a simple question. How many 14 year olds or very late 13 yr olds are on the Steps "2017" team? Long Island teams typically are 13 years old at the 2017 grad year, some 12 year olds as well. Oh and sorry to burst your bubble but common sense would dictate that if a kid is much bigger than all the other kids hes usually older, obviously its not always the case but most times its a good indication. We lose to better 2017 teams all the time here on Long Island, teams we know are definitely 7th grade age appropriate teams and there are no complaints. It wasnt just one team that noticed the obviously many older kids on your team, it was multiple teams. So end the argument already and answer the question.

You are correct,

Teams in 2017 that battle each other all year on LI-
-fl$
-Express Orange
-Express Piranhas
-Gladiators
-Turtles (but they play up)

Who does your "Steps"team play during the year in NJ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street, that Kormem"s 2017 team is breaking up,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Word on the street, that Kormem"s 2017 team is breaking up,

word on the street is wrong

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Reposted from the Tournaments Forum in the wrong thread

does anyone know who won the Yale 2017A bracket

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real simple - 0 14 year olds, mostly 13 year olds and a few 12 year olds. I am done and exhausted from this argument, particularly since you will never accept Express Orange and Piranhas got beat by a team of 12/13 year olds who happen to be "bigger" (and better). And I don't want to hear you were missing kids - please. STEPS was missing 3 kids as well.

The team only plays in two summer tournaments because it supports the town team model and the boys play 3 summer tournaments with their town teams, and the two with STEPS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reposted from the Tournaments Forum in the wrong thread

does anyone know who won the Yale 2017A bracket

Gladiators

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct,

Teams in 2017 that battle each other all year on LI-
-fl$
-Express Orange
-Express Piranhas
-Gladiators
-Turtles (but they play up)

Who does your "Steps"team play during the year in NJ?

I would say probably the toughest competition in the country at the 7th grade level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the Gladiators beat the 91 orange at Yale this past weekend and also won the championship game to give the Gladiators a 4-0 record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the Gladiators beat the 91 orange at Yale this past weekend and also won the championship game to give the Gladiators a 4-0 record.

I don't know but I buy that. 91 very good but more than beatable. Gladiators are very good. LI 2017 competition is top tier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real simple - 0 14 year olds, mostly 13 year olds and a few 12 year olds. I am done and exhausted from this argument, particularly since you will never accept Express Orange and Piranhas got beat by a team of 12/13 year olds who happen to be "bigger" (and better). And I don't want to hear you were missing kids - please. STEPS was missing 3 kids as well.

The team only plays in two summer tournaments because it supports the town team model and the boys play 3 summer tournaments with their town teams, and the two with STEPS.

ok well then if thats true, i am truly impressed. They were a very good team and ill be the first to say that we lost to a better team. Good luck the rest of the summer

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard